PDA

View Full Version : Sharing records?

vincoof
11th December 2013, 11:13 PM
This is certainly a newbie question but I’ll ask it anyway.

I can’t figure out how to share records with my friends or with anyone. When I read the records page while a track is loading, I can see my records but I can’t see records from my friends nor from the worlds.

Is there something to do that I haven’t found yet? Or maybe it was broken when SL collapsed?

Thanks in advance

stin
12th December 2013, 08:44 AM
You will need to add friends for you to see other records, add me, stin_wz :)

stevie:)

vincoof
12th December 2013, 09:40 AM
Well, I’ve already added friends a few days ago, and I still don’t see their records and they don’t see mine as well. I can see how they progress (the ships they unlock, the trophies they get, etc.) but not the records in WO2048.

vincoof
17th December 2013, 09:51 AM
Just curious, am I the only one not being able to share records?

My guess is almost nobody answers either because (i) you all made it working without doing anything special or (ii) no one got it working and therefore has no solution to provide.

Which side are you, please? :)

Thanks in advance

multibodydynamics
17th December 2013, 01:27 PM
It's your first suggestion. It just works... Is there anything else in the game that isn't working for you? How about trophies? Playing online? You have entered the online pass, right?

vincoof
17th December 2013, 05:21 PM
Online pass? I haven’t entered any kind of pass and I can play online.

I don’t have the cartridge BTW, the game was downloaded (part of a Mega Pack) and I haven’t subscribed to PS+ yet, in case it makes a difference.

multibodydynamics
17th December 2013, 07:16 PM
You should make sure you have version 1.04. It should be downloaded automatically when you start the game.

Cipher
17th December 2013, 08:05 PM
to view the records, you don't go to a specific section in the game, go to the campaign, select the track you want to view the records of, you'll see the picture of the track your racing and to the right, the "PASS" & "ELITE PASS" thing, click on the arrow left or right on that screen and it should show the records

by default it shows your personal records, but at the top of that screen, you can select "friends" and "global" to see other records ;)
you have to be online in order to be able to select these 2 though, otherwise they will be greyed out

Cipher

vincoof
18th December 2013, 01:38 PM
to view the records, you don't go to a specific section in the game, go to the campaign, select the track you want to view the records of, you'll see the picture of the track your racing and to the right, the "PASS" & "ELITE PASS" thing, click on the arrow left or right on that screen and it should show the records
That’s exactly what I’m looking at and nothing shows up apart from my own records.

by default it shows your personal records, but at the top of that screen, you can select "friends" and "global" to see other records ;)
you have to be online in order to be able to select these 2 though, otherwise they will be greyed out
Hmmm that looks like what happens to me, but how do I get online when entering the single-player campaign? I tried to start the online campaign and then switch back to the solo campaign but even in this case I can’t see the records (except my own records of course).

Thanks

Cipher
18th December 2013, 02:43 PM
does your vita have wifi? if you're using the 3g one, maybe it doesn't pick up the records to save on your data plan or something,not sure though, seems rather strange

Cipher

vincoof
18th December 2013, 07:38 PM
OK now that’s weird. Yes I am using WiFi.

I started the solo campaign and went to the options and clicked on the Community button (looks like a wireframe globe) and it showed an Internet error but I kind of saw something appearing and disappearing. I repeated the operation several times and after 4 or 5 tries I was connected! I’m pretty sure I tried this option before but I just didn’t know I had to insist because the network code has bugs…

Bottom line, I can see my friends’ records as well as global records but the global ones are ridiculous. Anyway I’ve seen so many screwed up hall of fames before that I’m not even surprised to see that… *sigh*

Thanks everyone for your help!

Cipher
18th December 2013, 11:43 PM
that's really strange, sounds more like it would be a router thing, have you tried it on a different wifi?
Glad it's somewhat working though :)

Cipher

vincoof
19th December 2013, 09:35 AM
I was using the WiFi from my modem at home but a friend of mine who also has bought a Vita recently experienced the same problem using his own modem (which doesn’t use the same ISP as I do) so I’d say there’s little chance that a router causes this. However I haven’t told my friend how to "solve" the problem yet, so I don’t know if it will do the trick for him.