PDA

View Full Version : Harimau Vs. Goteki 45 Thread

Defjukie16
5th December 2013, 10:04 PM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7415/8808421147_bf54d640f2.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/1991willy1991/8808421147/)
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3683/9069007880_2304dcfef8.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/1991willy1991/9069007880/)

Welcome to the Vs thread for Harimau and Goteki 45!!! Everyone apart of these two teams on Equilibrium have to sound off that they're still in the tournament here and connect with your team members!!! (On Time, Circuit, Anything)

Cipher
6th December 2013, 01:11 AM
depending on timing i'm in ;)

Just shout when you guys want to go for it and i'll see if it works out for me
And uh-oh, this is gunna be a tough one
Dreading the goteki tanks *shudder*

Cipher

vlhad13
6th December 2013, 12:32 PM
vlhad13 reporting in :), good luck all :)

a pleasure to race with you guys :)

Knux_Chaotix
6th December 2013, 01:01 PM
I am Knuxy!!! Bringer of DESTRUCTION!!! Lol. Any ideas on a start date and time? I know Hellfire isnt available until Sunday, so Im kind of assuming it'll be at some point on Sunday yes?? Team Goteki??

Rapier Racer
6th December 2013, 02:52 PM
Yeah I think Sunday at the earliest seeing as Hellfire can't do Saturday.

Mietepiet
6th December 2013, 04:32 PM
sunday is fine for me. how about 6pm GMT? i think that's daytime for everybody.

which circuit/class are we gonna race?

Colonel
6th December 2013, 04:42 PM
I'm available on Sunday. Sorry if I'm being thick but I still don't understand the format of the contest. Can somebody tell me how many races we're doing, what speeds, and what tracks, I can't see anything that specifies this.

Knux_Chaotix
6th December 2013, 05:02 PM
@Colonel, nope. You're not being thick, because quite frankly Im utterly clueless too.

Mike458
6th December 2013, 05:40 PM
Well, the best thing to do is to wait it out and see what Hellfire says. We'll go from there.

Good luck to all!

Colonel
6th December 2013, 05:55 PM
From what I can tell, we vote between Circuits From Hell, Grand Circuit and Technical Circuit. I vote for Technical Circuits. Have look at the options in the first post here and we'll see what everyone wants to do -http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?9162-Wipeout-HD-Fury-Equilibrium-Tournament

EDIT - Oh and Team Harimau doesn't appear to have a captain yet. I don't mind doing it if people want, no worries.

Mietepiet
6th December 2013, 06:04 PM
I vote: Technical Circuits

just to make sure: all races on 10laps, or only sebenco and the rest 4laps?
I think only sebenco.

And Colonel for captain :rock

Cipher
6th December 2013, 06:48 PM
i like that idea, although i'm pretty sure some goteki flyers will be agains that XD
I will vote technical circuit as well ;)

As for hosting, are we going to pick the worst host so there's no ship collision or what?

Cipher

Colonel
6th December 2013, 07:05 PM
Mietepiet - only the second run on Sebenco is 10 laps.

vlhad13
6th December 2013, 07:06 PM
I Vote: Technical Circuit, i love race weapon off :)

Adam (colonel) for captain :)

Cipher
6th December 2013, 07:46 PM
Colonel captain is fine for me :p

Can't add hellfire since his friends list is full though, added you as well vlhad ;)

Cipher

Hellfire_WZ
6th December 2013, 08:21 PM
I'll make some space in a bit

Yeah, I'll need to play on Sunday if you need me, anytime is fine. I'm easy whatever game mode you want to go for, Technical sounds good to me.

Knux_Chaotix
6th December 2013, 10:44 PM
You crazy people and your weapons off lol. But if the majority want the Technical Circuit its all good ^_^

Colonel
6th December 2013, 11:17 PM
Oops, didn't notice Technical were all weps off haha. To be honest I'd probably rather do those on Phantom then, but I really don't mind.

Cipher
7th December 2013, 12:20 AM
don't really care about the speed class, phantom's fine with me :), might be best if it's no weapons ;)

And what time on sunday folks? need to know that asap as i'm going diving with my dad saturday eve and depending what time it's going to be i might sleep over there, so need to know what time i would need to get up to drive back to my own place ;)

Cipher

EDIT F*%£ my left airbrake just broke completely after the races earlier with colonel, no longer responds at all, worst timing ever!!! let's hope i find a DS3 in a local store somewhere >.<

Hellfire_WZ
7th December 2013, 08:48 AM
Cipher, there's space now, add me when you can.

TheConzio
7th December 2013, 09:04 AM
Sorry for the interruption here (there seems to be active users here), but is there meant to be only one heat for the first round? I remember there used to be more.

Mike458
7th December 2013, 09:51 AM
I don't think so. I think that it's a Tournament style game mode where the team with the most points wins.

Knux_Chaotix
7th December 2013, 12:39 PM
Have we arranged a time yet? When suits everyone?

Cipher
7th December 2013, 01:25 PM
suunday afternoon-ish would be better than sunday morning/midday for me, but i'll try to adjust my timing to whatever suits you guys ;)

Cipher

Colonel
7th December 2013, 02:59 PM
That would be good for me too, I have friends round late afternoon on Sunday so would like to get it done before then. Shouldn't take long anyway.

Cipher
7th December 2013, 03:45 PM
scrap what i said about sunday afternoon, as early as possible on sunday please, family problems have come up and i need to go talk with my dad (which is in the afternoon)

Cipher

Mike458
7th December 2013, 03:50 PM
That won't work for me. Because I live 6 hours (timezone wise) away from you guys, that won't work. How about sometime at around 8:00 GMT-5?

Earliest I can do BTW.

Cipher
7th December 2013, 03:56 PM
that'll be tight, but doable if everyone makes it on time
to make sure you're referring to this time right?
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=goteki+vs+harimau&iso=20131208T14&p1=2387

Cipher

Rapier Racer
7th December 2013, 04:05 PM
Technical circuits are fine with me....weapons off..give me back my icing!! But seriously I seem to have missed this 10 laps of Sebenco bit.

Cipher
7th December 2013, 08:26 PM
those 10 laps are going to be fun unintentional barrel rolls, i can feel it my big toe :P
Going to bed now, getting up early and will be on until the point i have to leave ;)

Catch you guys tomorrow

Cipher

Hellfire_WZ
7th December 2013, 08:44 PM
Well it's a good thing we didn't play today, because I am pissed off my tits. Beers all round :P

I'm okay for any time tomorow, as long as we can finalise ASAP. Afternoon/early evening would probably be most ideal.

Knux_Chaotix
7th December 2013, 08:58 PM
YAAAY!!! :P Seems like most of team Goteki have hit the booze train tonight lol. Im good for afternoon / early evening because Im pretty much non operational before 12 on a Sunday lol. We need an actual number time though. 2 or 3 ish??

Rapier Racer
7th December 2013, 10:01 PM
Afterenoon/evening is good for me :)

Mietepiet
8th December 2013, 06:07 AM
that'll be tight, but doable if everyone makes it on time
to make sure you're referring to this time right?
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=goteki+vs+harimau&iso=20131208T14&p1=2387

Cipher

i'm ok with this time

Mike458
8th December 2013, 09:09 AM
2 hours, 49 minutes until the event. Get ready.

Anyway, if any Goteki members are online, Team Goteki should have a practice session, say an hour before?

Knux_Chaotix
8th December 2013, 10:03 AM
Wait, have we actually got a set decided time? We operating on GMT?? Im confused as hell. Has everyone added who they need to on the PSN?

Mike458
8th December 2013, 10:14 AM
I don't know. We set the time to be 8:00, GMT-5, but I would like to have a practice session with Team Goteki an hour before, so that would be 7:00, GMT-5. I have not added Hellfire and Rapier Racer yet.

Are mics allowed?

Cipher
8th December 2013, 10:20 AM
this link knux; http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=goteki+vs+harimau&iso=20131208T14&p1=2387
and an hour before that if you're going to practice with Mike ;)

Dunno about the mics mike, asked that in equilibri thread, but didn't really get a reply :p, i'd say just stick to chat before and after races, there's no weapons in this one anyway, so there's nothing much to coordinate :p

Cipher

Mike458
8th December 2013, 10:22 AM
Well, other than setting up roadblocks. :P

Anyway, is everyone from Goteki ready?

Knux_Chaotix
8th December 2013, 10:26 AM
Right. Im number retarded, can one of you GMT the times for me? I think I was the only one who mentioned an actual time and no one really said anything. Should probably wait for the rest of the team to wake up and have their say before we go ahead and assume.

Cipher
8th December 2013, 10:28 AM
that's 1PM london time, if it does get later, and i can't make it, Luedism just joined in the Harimau team, so he could fall in for me if he wants to ;)

Cipher

Mike458
8th December 2013, 10:40 AM
Cipher and all of team Harimau, this does not apply to you. This is only for Team Goteki to practice. If you want, we can have a total practice session (Goteki V Harimau practice matches).

Knux_Chaotix
8th December 2013, 10:47 AM
I can be online in about half an hour ^_^ A few little warm ups, then lunch, then RACE!!

Mike458
8th December 2013, 10:55 AM
I just set up a room. Quick! Everyone join (Friends only, add me as a friend if you haven't)!

Hellfire_WZ
8th December 2013, 11:37 AM
So are we all kicking off at 1 then?

Colonel
8th December 2013, 12:14 PM
**** sorry, slept in. Will be online in 5.

vlhad13
8th December 2013, 02:33 PM
online in one hour :)

Cipher
8th December 2013, 02:52 PM
you missed it Vlhad =/, we had Azurooth fall in for you, we won though :)
Next run then ;)

Cipher

Mike458
8th December 2013, 03:39 PM
Well, since Goteki is now out, good luck Harimau!

Colonel
8th December 2013, 08:17 PM
Good races today guys, enjoyed it very much.

AGSys
9th December 2013, 04:23 AM
Congrats Harimau! I didn't think they were a formidable team (as in, the team and ship in the game itself) but wow, I gotta open my eyes more.

DDD113
9th December 2013, 08:50 PM
Agreed, I would have picked Goteki for this one, but now it's looking like Harimau might have a championship-caliber team. That would be quite a face off if Icaras and Harimau meet. :D

Defjukie16
11th December 2013, 11:52 AM
NEWS:

We are starting the second round of the tournament this Saturday, Round One was really supposed to end when all the teams raced and finished getting their results but now it's this Saturday, Team Mirage Vs. Team Assegai are racing that day but soon after it's the winner vs. Harimau, (and by soon after, I mean within that week) I'm posting this on all of the threads too, but as soon as Assegai and Mirage finish their match and post the results, the winner will then be in the week of round 2 to face off against team Harimau.

mannjon
12th December 2013, 12:50 PM
Congrats Harimau! I didn't think they were a formidable team (as in, the team and ship in the game itself) but wow, I gotta open my eyes more.

Well, at Venom and Flash Harimau's speed can be eclipsed by the faster ships. That is to say that the extra 10% speed that Icaras has in my own personal opinion, significantly outweighs the handling edge that Harimau has. A good pilot can overcome this of course, but in general I find that on Venom/Flash the only time that the handling really even comes up is a track like Sebenco climb (and even there the difference isn't that noticeable) because typically speaking, most turns that require an airbrake for Icaras also require an airbrake from Harimau to navigate. A good Icaras pilot can simply sideshift around without using brakes too much.

Now at Rapier, the Harimau is a great choice. I still think that speed trumps handling though as most of the unavoidable airbraking situations remain the same. That being said, at Rapier the 2 teams are for the most part on equal footing.

Phantom changes the advantages pretty significantly. The difference in top speed isn't great enough for me to offset the benefits gained through improved handling. This is where Harimau is likely the most useful in the game. The combination of having 90% speed combined with the handling definitely puts the Harimau at a slight advantage. The only other ship that I think is personally better suited for Phantom is Assegai due to the 10% increase in acceleration at the cost of a little top speed.

Now all this is mainly concerning the Fury version. As far as I'm concerned the non-Fury Harimau is the worst ship in the game because it has the exact same stats as the Assegai minus 10% acceleration.