PDA

View Full Version : New track plans for SSGX (Contribution thread)

Mike458
5th December 2013, 08:37 PM
Hello, and this thread is for posting new track plans that you might want to be implemented in the final game. Please only post track plans and if you can, a description of what the track is.

Up first, the Monstrosity (Ignore the purple text, that was a fail trying to screenshot).

KEY: Green line: Start/finish line
Blue lines: Checkpoints/Sectors

BIO:After the fall of the F9000, Germany could no longer fund races due to a massive decline in the world economy. However, the new FX-150 event gave new life to Germany, and with Ampithere Engineering leading Germany out of the troubles of the economy, the country used its last of its emergency funds to build this colossal test track to push Ampithere's craft to the limit. The New Nurburgring, as they call it will test every aspect of your craft to the extreme. No matter how good of a pilot you'll become, never lose your respect for the mighty Monstrosity.

DDD113
6th December 2013, 12:37 AM
The problem with your layouts (Sao Paulo included) is that they are simply too long, and can't be analyzed corner for corner, so I really can't give you a solid opinion besides being too long. Also, once Sao Paulo is created, all tracks for the initial release will be already planned, so unless we get Unity Pro and have the option to create DLC (which is still only an option), we won't use new track plans. I'm not saying you can't post them, I'm just saying that they likely won't be used.

As for regulating the track plan ideas, here are the layouts for Cassandra, Kealakekua Bay, and Hubian, respectively. (and if anyone else on the dev team is wondering, I did have to do a lot of digging for those ;))

8304 8305 8306

They have much fewer corners, so each is unique and can be analyzed on its own. This should give you some better yet diverse ideas for track layout design. :)

dreadofmondays
6th December 2013, 05:03 AM
wow, that k-bay pic is a blast from the past! Look at those logos! :B

Xpand
6th December 2013, 11:22 AM
BIO:After the fall of the F9000, Germany could no longer fund races due to a massive decline in the world economy. However, the new FX-150 event gave new life to Germany, and with Ampithere Engineering leading Germany out of the troubles of the economy, the country used its last of its emergency funds to build this colossal test track to push Ampithere's craft to the limit. The New Nurburgring, as they call it will test every aspect of your craft to the extreme. No matter how good of a pilot you'll become, never lose your respect for the mighty Monstrosity.

1. It's the ARC-150

2.Amphithere already has a track. It's Draco Cavernae, situated in Germany.

3.Too many turns and the track is too lengthy. The objective are tracks with a "Phantom" (or in our case, Gamma) lap time of around 30-40 seconds.

Check this document for info on already existing tracks:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cJxml_UikSe7dVcPcVsA_Hsnr_c6xVFj--tDhUIq89I/edit?pli=1#bookmark=id.b2wq8j73v6dc

DDD113
6th December 2013, 12:22 PM
wow, that k-bay pic is a blast from the past! Look at those logos! :B

Don't you just love it? :D Like I said, those weren't the easiest to find (at least Cassy and K Bay), but I found them anyway, and I noticed that old logo, too, you can really see where the new one came from now! I really like the K Bay track layout, with a mixture of tight corners and long, winding corners, it looks fun, not to mention the unseen elevation changes here. :)

dreadofmondays
6th December 2013, 01:42 PM
those weren't the easiest to find
Yeah, I was sure I had purged it from existence forever :I

Amaroq Dricaldari
1st February 2014, 02:23 AM
Well, as I tried to clarify in my previous post, my idea for a starting grid is not specifically for this track. I still think you should at least try to use my idea for a track-split corner though.

dreadofmondays
1st February 2014, 02:52 AM
We've already planned 8 tracks and we don't intend to plan any more. We also don't have any tracks with splits.

Amaroq Dricaldari
1st February 2014, 03:42 AM
Awws...