PDA

View Full Version : F-Zero GX

Mitchemous
2nd December 2013, 04:44 PM
This may be off topic for this thread but technically it does fall under the category of AG racing. I was just curious how many (if any) of you have played the game F-Zero GX for gamecube? It's a fantastic game and is what got me into AG Racing in the first place. If you haven't tried it you should check it out. Any hardcore wipeout fan will like the game because of its brutal difficulty and speed. The speed is insane, your basically flying at Zen speed the entire time and the track layouts are astounding!! Unfortunately it's for the Cube, so no online support and the time trial community is basically dead aside from the insanely talented. Just curious if anyone else here enjoyed the game as much as I did, which is quite a lot cause I somehow managed to beat the game 100%

Hellfire_WZ
2nd December 2013, 05:45 PM
It's incredibly rare that I buy a console for a particular game, even if it's Wipeout.

I bought a GameCube for this game :) Absolutely brilliant, even when I was tearing my hair out over Story Mode. Wipeout had the finesse and the technique, this had the flat-out speed. Love them both!

I think this would be better in the General Gaming forum as strictly speaking, the AG-racing aspect of the Pilots' Lounge refers to Wipeout. Moved.

Aeralys
5th December 2013, 01:48 PM
The day was October 31st 2003 that I slammed this bad boy into my GameCube and my jaw dropped to the floor.

Before I had my own mp3 player I'd just sit there with a walkman and spam 20 lap master mode practice races all day.

Alongside GT3 and Burnout 3 this still holds the title of my favourite racer.

such speed
much boost power
very wow

Hellfire_WZ
5th December 2013, 07:36 PM
I didn't get round to giving you a head-to-head on GX at the Gaming Den, did I? :)

Aeralys
6th December 2013, 10:58 AM
Hopefully another chance to do so will come around. I haven't hopped into the cockpit of Hyper Speeder in quite a while.

XxSuperRyugaxX
6th December 2013, 06:44 PM
The day was October 31st 2003 that I slammed this bad boy into my GameCube and my jaw dropped to the floor.

Before I had my own mp3 player I'd just sit there with a walkman and spam 20 lap master mode practice races all day.

Alongside GT3 and Burnout 3 this still holds the title of my favourite racer.

such speed
much boost power
very wow

OMG.. you know Doge? Ahahaha

KronicReaper
10th December 2013, 05:59 AM
There another futuristic racing that you people overlooked, the extreme g series. Its a mixture of wipeout and F-zero, but you race with futuristic motorcycles that break the sound barrier. My favorite games of the extreme g series was extreme g 3 and XGRA: Extreme G Racing Association because of the racing and the great dance music that was good back in the day. That was the good old days when futuristic racing games where in its prime.

Aeralys
10th December 2013, 01:12 PM
Extreme-G 1 and 3 are brilliant. The mach speed effect on Extreme-G3 was a lot of fun and the courses were all well designed. 2 was ok and I've forgotten most about XGRA expect that is was full of Celldweller songs, but I think it was pretty good.

The franchise definitely sat in the middle of WipEout and F-Zero. Though I feel it has the speed and technicality of neither and the weapons weren't particularly balanced.

KronicReaper
24th December 2013, 12:23 AM
Here's another futuristic racing game for the old xbox called Quantum Redshift. Here's the youtube vid of the intro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW6-0qhKbmY&feature=player_detailpage

Mu5
28th December 2013, 07:11 PM
Yeah F-Zero GX was a top game, but the arcade version F-Zero AX was even better :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:F-Zero_AX_deluxe_cabinet.jpg

Hellfire_WZ
28th December 2013, 07:34 PM
I actually had a local cabinet! As far as I know it was one of only a handful in the UK :D

Mu5
28th December 2013, 09:59 PM
The only one I ever found was in Gran Canaria on holiday :-) It was awesome that you could save your ghost on the machine and other people could play it later ..... Shudder to think how much I spent on it :D