PDA

View Full Version : Did you know... Random facts about WipEout HD Fury here!

Mike458
28th November 2013, 04:25 PM
This is for random glitches and facts that you know about Wipeout HD!

I'll start us off:

Did you know that the Missile weapon has a blast radius like the Bomb?

DDD113
28th November 2013, 04:58 PM
I'm assuming you're referring to the slowdown of the blast, I don't think it actually causes damage, but I agree anyway.

Mike458
28th November 2013, 06:11 PM
I think it causes 2 damage to your craft (Tested with Goteki on accident)? I don't know since I can't perform a good test with only 2 players.

DDD113
28th November 2013, 06:19 PM
Yeah, it's hard to test, but I may try it in a few days.

blackwiggle
29th November 2013, 10:28 AM
The easy way to test what damage each weapon does is to play split screen two player mode.
The results will vary with craft.
Just use two controllers and place one craft a way in front of another, then blast one with a missile or rocket or plasma bolt to see what damage it does to the craft, you will see the result instantly as both crafts shield info appears on screen at the same time.
It also depends just how far away you are when you hit the craft ahead, closer obviously = more damage

Same for bombs & Mines, run ahead drop some a bomb /mines, then follow with the second craft running into them to see the effect.

IMHO, far more damage can be done in really fierce online racing by craft ramming each other, it depletes your shields at a constant rate if having a real heated battle trying to get ahead of somebody equally as determined to take the lead as you are.

Somebody skillful at piloting Auricom or Triakis can decimate you in a quarter lap just by side ramming.

Mike458
29th November 2013, 02:57 PM
Been there, done that. :P

Did you know that Quakes disrupt the path of Rockets, making them likely to miss their target?

DDD113
29th November 2013, 06:03 PM
I didn't know that one, don't think I've ever seen it, good find!

TeabagMcFrag
29th November 2013, 06:21 PM
Did you know that there are billboards for Tigron and Van-Über? You can find the Tigron billboard at Metropia, after Gemini's Pin. The Van-Über billboards can be seen at Vineta K, hanging at a balcony of an apartment and Sebenco Climb, one on a large dam and the other at a tower on a long slope.

These billboards suggest that Tigron and Van-Über were meant to be included in HD, but were removed during development.

Mike458
29th November 2013, 06:29 PM
I've seen them, but nice fact!

Did you know that there is a hot tub at Chenghou Project? It's after the Hello - Lucki Bank Hairpin Exit, and it is right at the start of the first jump of the broken jumps that follow.

Also, did you know that there is a freeway at Talon's Junction? It's at the Talon's Junction hairpin, about a third of the way into the corner.

This also provokes the question: Do cars still exist in the years of 2206 to 2207? Or are they just AG vehicles, or is there no freeway at all and I'm just seeing things? :P

DDD113
29th November 2013, 07:56 PM
I've seen the Tigron billboard and the Sebenco Van-Uber ones, but could someone please tell me where exactly in Vineta K to find the VU one there?

As for the freeway, I have noticed it as well, those are AG vehicles traveling on it, and I'm assuming that for the transportation of AG vehicles there would be routes in the air that aren't tangible but basically serve as the roadways to keep some sort of order in public transportation.

Also, how do you know that the pools at the Project are hot tubs? :P

In the mean time, did you know that originally, WipEout HD was supposed to be a release title for the PS3, with only the forward tracks included, but when the game failed epilepsy testing, the dev team had time to make the reverse tracks, and it narrowly missed the PS3 launch. The Zone mode was also toned down from its original version to pass these epilepsy tests.

Mike458
29th November 2013, 09:15 PM
I've seen the Tigron billboard and the Sebenco Van-Uber ones, but could someone please tell me where exactly in Vineta K to find the VU one there?

As for the freeway, I have noticed it as well, those are AG vehicles traveling on it, and I'm assuming that for the transportation of AG vehicles there would be routes in the air that aren't tangible but basically serve as the roadways to keep some sort of order in public transportation.

Also, how do you know that the pools at the Project are hot tubs? :P

Hmm... Good points you make there! First of all, the Van Uber Billboard is on the second corner at the dam on the outside wall. It should look like this:

Secondly, for Talon's Junction, I think those are AG vehicles too. I think that when I saw that, I thought that those were cars and trucks until I stupidly saw the white dual-hulled AG vehicles.

Did you know that you cannot modify the weapons allowed in Eliminator multiplayer mode (even though it lists it as a game stat when you are joining a room)?

I think I may have dented my forehead/controller.

As for the Chenghou Project, first of all, have you seen it? Secondly, I think that I just keep getting destroyed at that same corner, so I just see this massive explosion IN the pool. Afterwards, there is just smoke and fire pouring out of the pool (useless cameraman!), so I think that it's just a very hot hot tub! :P

DDD113
30th November 2013, 03:34 AM
I was talking about the Van-Uber billboard at Vineta K, I've seen the two in Sebenco. ;) I've noticed that Eliminator thing, quite strange isn't it?

I've seen the pools you're talking about out at the Project. I guess they're only hot tubs if you make 'em hot tubs! :P

PS what's the story on the dented forehead?

Mike458
30th November 2013, 03:44 PM
Well, I was on Chenghou Project, and I managed to eliminate an AI by a ram, and I saw it fly straight into the pool. While I was watching in rear view, I just hear "Missile, Cannon, Plasma, Quake, Rockets, Mines, Mines, Mines", and I just see this huge tsunami of weapons just flying straight at me. I get hit by EVERYTHING, making my shield energy go down to 0. I manage to survive that current lap (This was at Phantom class, BTW), but once we hit the pools, I get spammed by weapons... AGAIN.

"CONTENDER ELIMINATED." I just see a burning Goteki along with 2 other craft fly into the pool before exploding quite violently. After that, I then dented my forehead and/or controller.

Anyways, did you know that the start/finish line animation in Zone mode disappears after the Super-Phantom speed class?

Did you know that the blue bars on the sides of the Zone ship tell you how much shield energy you have remaining?

DDD113
30th November 2013, 04:25 PM
I knew about the bars on the side of the ship, but not the finish line, good eye there! I banked a DS3 off virtually every wall in my living room after the L1 button jammed on the final lap (I use L1 & R1 for airbrakes), but somehow it didn't damage it any further, and it was reparable!

With the pool, that's funny that you see so many eliminations here, I've never seen one! But I guess there's a first time for everything! :P

Mike458
1st December 2013, 02:18 AM
Lolwut.

And yes, there is a first time for everything. Especially for places to get eliminated! I must make a "100 Places to Die in WOHD Fury" video! :P (Sorry for offtopic)

Did you know that the graphic EQs change every time you go up a Zone class in Zone mode?

Did you know that there is a height limit in Wipeout (Not saying how I got there), and it is made out of sticky stuff (You basically stop dead in the sticky stuff and eventually get crushed by it)?

DDD113
1st December 2013, 06:26 PM
I did know about the EQs, but how did you get to the height limit? You must tell!!! :D

Mike458
1st December 2013, 07:17 PM
Tech De Ra + Turbo Spam + Lots of luck + Slightly broken game + Goteki 45 = Height Limit + Sticky Stuff

Yes, I managed to get up there, but I couldn't take a photo of it because my controller died at the exact same time I hit the height limit, and the game crashed immediately after, and my PS3 died for quite a while. :(

Did you know that all the HD and Fury ships have cannons on them, but they're never really used until you pick up a Cannon weapon?

Here's a picture explaining this: 8246

You really can't see the AG-Systems ship's cannons that well, but you can see my Goteki's cannons are firing away.

DDD113
1st December 2013, 08:07 PM
I did know that. Technically, all ships carry the ability to activate any type of weapon at any time, they simply need the pickup to perform said activation. All pilots who played the old games know that the forward firing weapons now fire at a slower speed in HD than in previous games, for example, shoot rockets on Pure, and then shoot them on HD, and you'll know what I mean.

Ruuku
2nd December 2013, 04:46 AM
I guess thats so it's harder to snipe things with rockets or missiles on an area such as Sebenco Climb's cave hill.

I for one do enjoy it when the AI does run into it anyway XD. Sniping plasma shot ftw.

DDD113
2nd December 2013, 10:50 PM
I had a crazy plasma shot a few weeks ago on Sebenco Reverse, I let it loose coming through the mountain tunnel, and it skimmed the left wall all the way until the end of the straightaway until it hit Harimau and blew it up. Quite fun for me, not so much for the 'mau.

Mike458
2nd December 2013, 11:03 PM
Lolwut. How didn't that plasma self-destruct before it hit the Harimau?

Anyways, did you know that on the PS Vita version of the game, the Detonator ship's destruction sequence is exactly the same as the Zone ship's destruction sequence on the PS3?

DDD113
2nd December 2013, 11:37 PM
The detonator ship doesn't explode in a ball on the Vita?! I missed that one! :P

As for the plasma, I guess it never actually hit the wall, but it sure skimmed it close, twas a lucky shot that I may never repeat. :)

Mietepiet
3rd December 2013, 06:41 AM
did you know Yeldar is getting paid?
ckeck speedlap rankings on modesto rev rapier #79 23.20

yeldar2097
3rd December 2013, 08:16 AM
If I'm getting paid I'd like to know when my cheque is coming in please, it's Sinterklaas :xtree

Mietepiet
3rd December 2013, 04:04 PM
Well then, put your shoe with a carrot in front of the chimney tonight, and may be you'll find some pepernoten tomorrow ;)

I found an online id:"i_paid_yeldar" in the rankings :g

Mike458
3rd December 2013, 07:02 PM
Ok then... (Sends Yeldar enough money to buy an Icaras)

Anyways, did you know that a Bomb can also be used as a defensive weapon? For example, if you have a missile chasing you, you can drop a bomb and make the missile explode into the bomb. A cannon takes 4 rounds to destroy a bomb. Every weapon (With the exception of a Quake) will be destroyed if they hit a bomb.

Also, did you know that a missile can bounce up to 7 times before it explodes?

DDD113
4th December 2013, 01:05 AM
Well we always knew there was some motivation that makes him so good... :D That's a pretty funny find, though.

Bombs and mines have come in handy as defensive weapons many times for me, although I didn't know it took 4 cannon rounds to destroy it, I always assumed it was just one but never checked! :P

And I wasn't familiar with the exact bounce statistics of the modern missile.

yeldar2097
4th December 2013, 03:44 PM
Plasmas will destroy bombs but also pass through them so you can still hit people.

Learned that one from osama-bin-haydn back in the day.

DDD113
4th December 2013, 11:05 PM
Cool, would have assumed likewise again! Nice finds, you guys! ;)

Mike458
5th December 2013, 07:14 AM
Did you know that if you run into the spikey stuff on Sol 2 (Forward) constantly, you'll eventually jump into the air or respawn on your roof?

Here's some photos explaining:

Speaking of spawning on your roof, did you know that you'll lose shield energy by sliding down the track on your roof? Also, did you know that if you BR while on your roof, you'll land on your roof? (Wipeout hates ships being on their roofs)

DDD113
6th December 2013, 01:48 AM
Did you know that falling off the track in the same spot many times tends to result in roof respawns? I guess it was the dev team's idea of natural selection ;)

Mike458
7th December 2013, 03:43 PM
Did you know that there is no real underwater at Vineta K? I tested this with a Goteki, and after falling through the surface of the water, there was just void everywhere. (I respawned a split second after, so I was unable to take a picture for this)

Leonard
8th December 2013, 05:25 PM
Did you know that there is no real underwater at Vineta K? I tested this with a Goteki, and after falling through the surface of the water, there was just void everywhere. (I respawned a split second after, so I was unable to take a picture for this)

I accidentally went underwater on moa therma and it's the same. I do have pictures though.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rq67dpm0d37cyh9/wohdmoathermaglitch.zip (around 16 pics)

EDIT:

I just got underwater in vineta k too.
It's in fact really easy to do, you don't even need a boost on phantom.
I took a lot of pictures this time since you can get pretty deep, you can even go above the water so the height variation is great.
Plus it's so easy , anyone can do it.
It takes much longer than usual to get your ship teleported back this way.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6qhwaoo05aq43u3/wohdvinetakglitch.zip (39 pics)

Also, did you know that there is a freeway at Talon's Junction? It's at the Talon's Junction hairpin, about a third of the way into the corner.
This also provokes the question: Do cars still exist in the years of 2206 to 2207? Or are they just AG vehicles, or is there no freeway at all and I'm just seeing things? :P
No you're not seeing things.
If you go to the "Wipeout museum" in the playstation home, you can actually see one of those more closely under the exposed track.
Now I don't know if they are hover-car or something but they go really fast.

Mike458
8th December 2013, 10:49 PM
Hmm... Interesting. With me, I fell into the sea, and all I could see is just void around me and no blue. Is it just my PS3 (As my PS3 has crashed to to memory shortages many times recently)?

Leonard
9th December 2013, 12:50 PM
Hmm... Interesting. With me, I fell into the sea, and all I could see is just void around me and no blue. Is it just my PS3 (As my PS3 has crashed to to memory shortages many times recently)?

What do you mean void ? Was it just black ? A specific color maybe ?
The blue color you see in my pictures is actually the skybox, so it's just void like you say.
I should mention that when not in picture mode, you can't see the water at all (probably because I come from the underwater tunnel).

Anyway, did you know that the dual shock 3 buttons (O, X and stuff) were pressure sensitive ?
That explains the percentage in the blue bar, on top of the speed in the hud.

terra-wrists
9th December 2013, 02:07 PM
did you know that i didn't know that? :D

Mike458
9th December 2013, 07:35 PM
Lolwut Terra. You didn't watch Hellfire's basics tutorial? :P

Did you know that in Zone mode on the PS Vita, the bars on your ship that display shield energy don't go down, but on the PS3, they do? Also did you know that the Zone ship's trail on the Vita is blue and orange, while on the PS3, it's only blue?

And yes Leonard, when I fell down in the sea, it was just black until I found some sticky stuff and I respawned.

DDD113
10th December 2013, 01:40 AM
I didn't watch Hellfire's tut until I was an almost platinum (and still am) pilot. Just need AG Assassin, I don't get online enough! :P

Mike458
12th December 2013, 12:13 AM
Seriously? I can help with that...

Anyway, back on topic, did you know that on Sebenco Climb, on the forwards variant of the course when you enter the chicane coming from the other side, you can hit the height limit and find an invisible wall there?

OveReAction
13th December 2013, 09:11 AM
Did you know that Zone Battle ships in the PSVita version have animated neons (on trims) from ghost models?

terra-wrists
13th December 2013, 02:49 PM
Lolwut Terra. You didn't watch Hellfire's basics tutorial? :P

I learnt this game without watching any vids. But when I saw pilots chaining br's I watched WizardplayHD on YouTube instead.

But I did show my missus the hellfire tutes and she followed them. She races as oxkatnipxo :)

Mietepiet
13th December 2013, 07:42 PM
did you know that on Sebenco Climb, on the forwards variant of the course when you enter the chicane coming from the other side, you can hit the height limit and find an invisible wall there?

Did you know that on syncopia glitch you can see all the limits from everywhere?
You're basicly racing in a cube with 2D pictures on the walls.

Mike458
13th December 2013, 11:04 PM
Did you know that Quakes destroy most of the mines as they fly down the track? Also, did you know that mines and bombs flash before they explode? Another thing is that did you know that all explosive weapons (With the exception of the Plasma and Quake) have a blast radius? It varies from weapon to weapon.

Good finds Miet though!

Cipher
18th December 2013, 11:46 PM
did you know that you can get both a weapon pad and speed pad if they're lying right next to eachother in the flash and venom classes?

And i didn't watch the tutorials either mike, i kind of winged it with my knowledge of 2097 and fusion :P

Cipher

yeldar2097
22nd December 2013, 02:29 PM
WOHD was released in 2008, the tutorial was released mid 2011, so it makes sense there's a few of us who never saw it.

Did you know that Quakes destroy all mines as they fly down the track?

Mines also have hazard warnings and barcodes if you zoom in on them in photo mode :D

DDD113
22nd December 2013, 03:39 PM
I've seen that Yeldar. The mines say something like "Low Priority Warning - Do Not Approach" while the bombs say something like "High Priority Warning - Self Destruct Sequence Active."

JFthebestJan
22nd December 2013, 08:16 PM
did you know that if you choose the HD version of a ship for a race, all AI ships will use HD versions too, but if you choose the FURY version of a ship, the AI-grid will be a mixup of HD + FURY ships.

edit: the text on the mines is exactly this:

! caution !
light ordnance
this weapon is armed as soon as
it is delivered. once armed it is
only to be handled by qualified
personnel

edit2: did you know that you can 'build' SUPERMINES in eliminator mode? just come to a complete halt, then release the mines. all mines will be placed in the same spot on the track. if a ship is hit by such a SUPERMINE, it'll loose 50 health! whereas a bomb deals just 35 damage. (both tested with feisar)

Mike458
23rd December 2013, 03:05 PM
Great finds JF!

Did you know that the top speed in Venom Class (432 km/h) is exactly the top speed of the Hennessy Venom GT?

mannjon
23rd December 2013, 08:04 PM
Did you know that the amount of energy absorbed from a cannon is exactly how many shots have are left in the clip?

Mike458
24th December 2013, 04:48 AM
That isn't necessarily true. The formula for the amount of shield energy restored is this:

2 cannon bullets = 1 shield energy restored

Anyway, did you know that you can get your ship completely stuck in some places and you won't respawn? Also, did you know that about at zone 55, you're actually traveling faster than the speed of sound, even though the speed class says Subsonic?

Ace3000
24th December 2013, 05:26 AM
Did you know that the top speed in Venom Class (432 km/h) is exactly the top speed of the Hennessy Venom GT?

Close, but not quite. Venom class goes up to 462 km/h, not 432. Also, the official record of the Hennessey Venom GT is 427.6, and Hennessey themselves say it can go 447. Though we are getting close to Venom speed!

On the subject of Venom class, did you know that in order to beat Zico's lap time of 30.82 seconds on Anulpha Pass (track length of 5097 meters), one needs to maintain an average speed of 595.37 km/h, surpassing the top speed of Venom's 462 by 133.37 km/h!

Cipher
24th December 2013, 08:06 AM
LOL, that's an awesome little fact XD
no wonder so many ppl strggle with it ^^

Cipher

Mike458
24th December 2013, 01:59 PM
So for beating Zico, we need to go basically at Sub-Rapier speeds on Venom Class?

Did you know that at Supersonic speeds on Syncopia, the camera moves noticeably futher from the ship than in Mach 1?

mannjon
24th December 2013, 03:16 PM
Right, but that's one shot. So you can absorb a maximum of 15 energy.

DDD113
29th December 2013, 05:58 PM
Did you know that the team names Assegai, Harimau, Triakis, Icaras, Piranha, and Mirage are all based off of real-world objects/occurences? Assegai is a type of African spear, Harimau is a type of tiger, Triakis is a type of shark, Icaras is obviously the son of Daedalus in Greek mythology, who flew too close to the sun and then fell and drowned, and Piranha and Mirage are pretty self explanatory. ;)

Cipher
30th December 2013, 03:59 AM
"Icaras is obviously the son of Daedalus in Greek mythology, who flew too close to the sun and then fell and drowned"
Where it belongs :twisted
Oh? what was that? some icaras hate? neeeeh.. i wouldn't dare … :P

Did you know you could sideshift in mid air?

Cipher

ps this post is in all friendlyness, i've got nothing against you icaras pilots <3

Mike458
30th December 2013, 04:45 PM
Lolwut Cipher.

Did you know that the ships on the starting grid always start 26 meters apart from one another?

Cipher
30th December 2013, 04:50 PM
how in the world did you measure that?! O_O

Did you know you could sideshift upwards if your ship is banked?

Cipher

Mike458
30th December 2013, 04:59 PM
how in the world did you measure that?! O_O

Answer: Rear view. :P (Really.)

Did you know that you can get completely wedged on the iceberg at the final chicane series at Sebenco Climb?

DDD113
30th December 2013, 05:14 PM
Can you sideshift in mid air? I've always found that doing so moves me nowhere, and it is much more efficient to sideshift on the track.

P.S. Icaras is still the fastest even when underwater. ;)

Cipher
30th December 2013, 05:27 PM
You and me right now mister! i'll kick your bloody icaras ass back to the sun :P

And yeah you can sideshift mid air, since my controller went derp (it sideshifts when simply holding the air brakes) i've noticed it tremendously, especially on sol reverse, that 1 corner where you perform a roll, in phantomyou go air bron, but have to hold the air brake to keep a nice line, but my controller sideshifts in mid air from time to time there, sending me into the wall or off the track, it's so annoying :p

Cipher

DDD113
30th December 2013, 05:35 PM
That is true, I have noticed it in that spot... maybe its because I'm turning too hard in other places that I try it, so I don't notice it.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot, I'm not afraid of you mighty tiger :P ICARAS FOREVER!!!

Mike458
31st December 2013, 03:54 AM
Both of you! Enough is enough!

*Fires missiles, quakes, cannons, leech beams, plasmas, and rockets at both the Icaras and the Harimau*

CONTENDER ELIMINATED

CONTENDER ELIMINATED

Goteki 45 wins. :P

Did you know that you catch less airtime (or none at all) whilst in a Zone race or a Zone Battle race?

DDD113
31st December 2013, 04:31 AM
Yeah, I like the way the ship anchors to the track in Zone, it makes the mode much easier to fly.

And I wouldn't be surprised one bit to see a Goteki beat an Icaras, they are both very high quality ships, but the Harimau is left in our thruster trails. :P

Cipher
31st December 2013, 06:34 AM
i will find you DDD......

did you know you can tell whe someone gets pushed to death?
(the text of who killed who doen't show up)

Cpher

DDD113
31st December 2013, 06:39 AM
I would be glad to see you try, Cipher, there's too much rural land over here for you to ever get close, especially in a Harimau! :P An Icaras would do well for our straight-line roads over here. :P

Mike458
31st December 2013, 03:10 PM
Death to the Harimau! *Spray paints Cipher's Harimaus pink, green, and red*

*flies away in panic*

Did you know that the roof in Syncopia after the open jumps is not really an object (you can go through it)?

Also did you know that the Icaras is the "bounciest" craft of all (it can bounce a lot after landing), making it ideal for doing another BR after it lands?

DDD113
31st December 2013, 03:50 PM
That's because the Icaras was perfectly designed for speed in every way (and the lightest craft, which probably helps with the bouncing).

Cipher
31st December 2013, 04:35 PM
lol, icaras is one of the more unblanced fellas in wipeout, i still don't understand why it has a 100speed as ewell as piranha, ica excells it in every way(except shield,but that's irrelevant because absorbing fixes that), so iunno

anyway, you guys will chirp differently if harimau wins equilibri ^^

Cipher

- - - Updated - - -

lol, icaras is one of the more unblanced fellas in wipeout, i still don't understand why it has a 100speed as ewell as piranha, ica excells it in every way(except shield,but that's irrelevant because absorbing fixes that), so iunno

anyway, you guys will chirp differently if harimau wins equilibri ^^

Cipher

DDD113
31st December 2013, 04:43 PM
Too bad that won't happen. A face off between Icaras & Harimau would be quite thrilling though.

Ragsus Maxima
31st December 2013, 06:00 PM
In the 4 Zone tracks, there is an extra color scheme for Supersonic speed class. You can see it while you play Zone battle on any of those tracks.

After you boost while being on the Supersonic color scheme, you'll see the alternative one, and if you boost again, it'll revert back to Sub-Venom's.

Probably this combination of colors might be the original scheme planned for those Zone tracks, but it was dropped for the golden tones we see nowadays. However, they might forgot to remove the previous one, hence that double color scheme for the same speed class we see while playing Zone battle if we boost a lot.

DDD113
31st December 2013, 06:20 PM
Wow, really nice find, Ragsus, I never noticed that! And that's quite a polarized color scheme to boot. :D

Leonard
1st January 2014, 01:35 AM
Did you know that if you play a reversed track in zone mode then go back in the menu and play one of the four zone tracks, the "music equalizers sheme" will be different ?

yeldar2097
1st January 2014, 04:12 PM
^ Wait what?

DDD113
1st January 2014, 04:32 PM
I think he's referring to the color schemes and the sequence in which they change, which does differ between regular fwd, regular rev, and Zone-only tracks.

OveReAction
2nd January 2014, 01:22 AM
Did you know that in Eliminator, AI opponents use Shield more often when they're under Energy Critical (~20%)?

DDD113
2nd January 2014, 03:06 AM
The knowledge of our forum-goers. It blows me away. :)

Mike458
2nd January 2014, 03:37 AM
Does it not? It's what this thread is for :P

Did you know that the Elite AI will only absorb if they're about at 30 or less shield energy? They will also absorb forward-firing weapons hesitantly if they're in the lead.

yeldar2097
2nd January 2014, 05:23 PM
It's about the only intelligent thing the AI can do cos they can't race for toffee.

DDD113
3rd January 2014, 12:38 AM
Did you know that the AI ships in WipEout HD can barrel roll? It's quite rare to see AI roll in HD (or Pure or Pulse, for that matter), but it happens quite often in 2048, I would say about 40% of jumps are rolled on by the AI.

Cipher
3rd January 2014, 01:42 AM
??? does the AI roll at all in hd/fury?
i thought they didn't? o_O

Cipher

DDD113
3rd January 2014, 03:15 AM
Very very very and when I say very, I mean VERY rarely. I have had the game since 2009 and have only seen this once, but I'm not crazy, and it does happen on the rarest of occasions. Pretty common in 2048 though.

OveReAction
3rd January 2014, 03:36 AM
Pardon me, but this is the HD/Fury topic.

DDD113
3rd January 2014, 03:52 AM
True, but this concept kinda spans the modern games, and it really didn't need a thread of it's own. Okay, I'll change it: did you know that the AI can barrel roll in WOHD?

Edit: I changed the original question for clarity, all good now. :)

Leonard
3rd January 2014, 04:16 AM
I think he's referring to the color schemes and the sequence in which they change, which does differ between regular fwd, regular rev, and Zone-only tracks.

No that's not what I'm saying. If you play on zone mode on any normal track (anything but the zone tracks) and play the reverse version, yes you do get different color shemes but that's not the point, the point is that once you "loaded" these reversed sheme (after quiting) and you play one of the pure zone tracks (Note that they only exist forward, that's the interesting part) you will get different equalizers. That sound like a bug to me :p

EDIT: It's easy to do but if you still can't understand I'll post screenshot I guess

Mike458
3rd January 2014, 04:17 PM
*head explodes* Yes, post a screenshot please...

Did you know that the Quake's wave diminishes in size as it moves down the track?

yeldar2097
3rd January 2014, 05:20 PM
That's what I thought you may have meant. Wasn't sure though. Gonna check it out now.
Even MORE fun to be had with the zone colour glitch if this is the case oh lawdy :D

Leonard
3rd January 2014, 05:35 PM
Here are a few exemples:

http://i.imgur.com/nkPjm7h.jpg - The first "zero zone" class having Mach 1's equalizers
http://i.imgur.com/fiUOokn.jpg - The flash class with the zen equalizers
http://i.imgur.com/bP5rTXh.jpg - The sub-rapier class with phantom's equalizers
http://i.imgur.com/e9GaQRF.jpg - Rapier class with sub-phantom's equalizers

Zzonkmiles
3rd January 2014, 06:04 PM
Did you know that in Zone mode, once you reach Subsonic, Mach 1 and Supersonic, the voice that announces the speed class change switches from the male computer voice by itself to the male computer voice and the female announcer voice speaking together?

Did you know that in Detanator mode, even though you can't flip your ship around like you can in Eliminator events, you can still turn around and shoot bombs and mines you may have missed? But your ship energy will decrease rapidly even if you don't hit the walls.

yeldar2097
3rd January 2014, 08:49 PM
Lol I just tested. Did some side-by-side pics of Pure 4 before doing normal track in reverse, and after. It really is different o_O. I'm going to have fun with this :D.

The AI do barrel roll in WOHD. Depending on which patch you are running they will BR more or less. I don't know about 2.51 but there were some patches with 0BR, some with very rare BR, and one I think where BR were relatively common.

I know I've talked about it before but in case anyone missed it Did you know you can glitch the hell out of zone mode and create custom colour schemes (including textured schemes o_O ) for the zone transitions and colour effects on explosions/speed boost gfx in normal racing?
^ Best glitch ever.

No filters on these pics, taken with default settings after adjusting the glitch :D . http://imgur.com/a/oNwxV#0

DDD113
3rd January 2014, 10:33 PM
^^ Whaaa? How do you do this??!! I must know! :D

Cipher
3rd January 2014, 11:00 PM
You still have to teach us how lol :p (unless i missed it), those color schemes look awesome
And lol Leonard, with equalizer, i thought you meant the actual audio equalizer (they way it's being played ^^)

Cipher

yeldar2097
4th January 2014, 12:17 AM
Ok I'll do a livestream tomorrow. Depending on who is interested and who is available when, I can do any time after 6pm GMT

I'll put a link here closer to the time. More than welcome to come along if you have other questions etc...

Leonard
4th January 2014, 04:11 AM
Is it the one where you just take a picture when the class transition occurs ?

DDD113
4th January 2014, 04:36 AM
I think it has something to do with the pictures, although I'm not sure how that applies to the non-Zone modes.

Cipher
4th January 2014, 06:23 AM
@yeldar, equilibrium harimau vs assegai is at 9PM GMT, so don't know how long that livestream will last, but got to check with that ;)

Cipher

docfo4r
4th January 2014, 10:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh_3RaGIYZs

In this vid you can see how the Zone color glitch is done: Basically pause the game when a transition occurs, then switch to photo mode. Tune down all effects and color, then slowly move the camera around. At one point you might notice some flickering on the screen. When you are at this point, get back into the game and you got the disturbed color. Another way to do this is to zoom in to a completely single color white area and then brighten up all settings. This usually makes the game very dark [can also be seen in the video].
But I guess yeldar will explain it more detailed in his video :)

BTW: This thing doesn't work for me any more [latest PS3 and WOHD update].

XxSuperRyugaxX
4th January 2014, 01:13 PM
Hey! That's my video :P ahaha sorry for the quality!

Anyway : Did you know that ( sometimes ) online, if you select for example Icaras HD and an opponent select the Icaras Fury, you two will see the ship a little farther?

Did you know that in Chengou Project, in the first straight after that damn curve, you can see in air a strange rocket launched? Not always!

yeldar2097
4th January 2014, 02:11 PM
No livestream necessary then I guess.

I didn't know someone else had done a video of it. I did one a looong time ago but I lost it when changing some YouTube stuff.

Anyway there you go. Best glitch ever. Very powerful and amazing once you know how to use it.

Cipher
4th January 2014, 04:28 PM
care to translate that into a single race? or do you do it in zone and the effect will persist when you go to single race?

Cipher

yeldar2097
4th January 2014, 05:47 PM
Yes, essentially. The glitch is initiated in Zone mode, but you can edit it anywhere. The main thing is learning how to edit to get the effect you like.

You can adjust the saturation/colour/texture/exposure not only of Zone mode and the Zone eq/textures and the normal in-game effects, but you can also initiate stencil overlays on top of the normal game too.

One example is adding a purple/metallic honeycomb effect to all explosions in the game and the 'speed' sensation graphics around the edge of the screen, with a stencil overlay of 'fans' cheering at the bottom of your screen. Thousands of variables to play with :D

docfo4r
4th January 2014, 05:58 PM
WipEout HD Fury - Paint version :D

terra-wrists
6th January 2014, 10:36 PM
did you know that records from accounts which have not been active on PSN for over 3 months do not disappear from the online records anymore?

tis true

Cipher
7th January 2014, 11:39 AM
Whaaaa?! they used to be deleted?! o_O
Why would you want to do that?! I'm glad that's no longer the case lol

and cheers for the info yeldar ;) (and doc for the link, and ryuga for the content of the link :p )

Cipher

Mike458
10th January 2014, 02:26 AM
Editable WOHD! :P

Did you know that most of the HD and Fury ships have the FX400 logo on them? Weird...

yeldar2097
24th January 2014, 11:44 PM
Did you know?
(From another thread but too lazy to rewrite lol).

FYI sideshift response times are the same no matter what airbrake sensitivity you run. It's doesn't matter how hard or soft you press, it's about airbrake input. As long as there is a second airbrake input within a certain time frame, that is enough.

The only thing that affects sideshifting is how long you hold on the 2nd tap, which affects sideshift distance. With short taps, for most circuits it takes 3 - 3.5 sideshifts to cross the track. With long presses, it takes only 2 sideshifts.

Protip: Pre 2.51 - The lower your airbrake %, the faster you will be once you master it, for post 2.51 it's the opposite.

Mike458
27th January 2014, 02:56 AM
Hmm... Very interesting. Might have to try that out sometime.

Did you know that part of the Zone ship can go through the floor?

Mietepiet
27th January 2014, 06:18 AM
yes, you can even go through track surface without losing energy. Can try this by falling off anulpha's bridge and then boost up again.

Mike458
27th January 2014, 09:35 PM
That was before a patch in I think 2.10. Not sure.

Did you know that the Zone Ship's airbrakes become more sensitive as you advance through the speed classes?

Amaroq Dricaldari
28th January 2014, 05:41 AM
I did not know that, I assumed it was with the handling of the ship itself, not the airbrakes. It would explain why I suck so badly though... (never try WipEout HD's Zone Events from a Vita whilst using the Racer control setup)

blackwiggle
28th January 2014, 11:54 AM
yes, you can even go through track surface without losing energy. Can try this by falling off anulpha's bridge and then boost up again.

LIKE THIS
http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq163/Turnipbob/Wipeout%20photos/wohd_20090302_142954jpg.jpg

This was taken [Snapshot] of the shortcut, only available via a "Turbo Boost" on Ubermall Reverse.
Try doing 5 shortcuts in a row on that track at Phantom speed to get your TT/SL times "Up There"

It takes dedication !

[as you can see, my times were done with the old HD craft for that track ] I have never really like the FURY AGS handling, the front end is too floaty for my liking.:mr-t

Mietepiet
28th January 2014, 05:15 PM
oooh I hate that shortcut.

Yes like that. You can pass through all oposites of walls and tracks. There's many spots where you can do this. AP's brigde was just an easy example ;)
Nice pics btw.

Mike458
14th February 2014, 10:49 PM
Awesome facts!

Did you know in the shallow chicane bit of Modesto Heights, you can go through the walls a little before respawning?
(this was done in an online match, so no pics to show it)

Snakenator1
25th June 2014, 08:10 PM
Hey guys, has anyone else had this random glitch thing playing the game? its hard to explain but I'll try:

Here's a example, on the Anulpha pass bridge shortcut some of the bridge struts are sticking out to the left. And if you fly into it then your craft is launched violently upwards or to the left. It also deals a ton of damage (I once took 24 damage in my Feisar, god knows what will happen to a Icaras)

Its the same on other tracks, if you hit the scenery that's very close to the track you just get violently launched in a random direction. Its really annoying >.<

possesed13
25th June 2014, 08:39 PM
all the time snake... i think its common to happen...
also at chenghou rev. and normal the start line can make that same glitch

Snakenator1
25th June 2014, 08:44 PM
Thank the lord I'm not the only one :P

ALSO!! did you guys know that when a plasma explodes, you can see your ships reflection in it??
Here's my Feisar in a plasma reflection

Ragsus Maxima
29th June 2014, 02:25 PM
Oooooh, blimey! :)

Snakenator1
29th June 2014, 04:50 PM
Hey the ships anti grav generators still work even if your eliminated 0.0
The ships are still floating even if you die!! look at it, its like a foot off the ground.

Xpand
29th June 2014, 09:53 PM
One has to ask if the AG comes only from the ship. ;)
There could be a system in which both the track and the ag device lift the ship, and metal (or whatever material the ship's shell is made) can somehow be influenced by the track's force.

Realistically that's only due to the track's collider mesh.

Snakenator1
29th June 2014, 10:36 PM
I thought the collision detection played a roll in the floating ship wrecks :P

Last random thing I know about the game is something not many people may have noticed and is only a theory of mine, but in reality the tracks are flippin huge and the ships are tiny.
I'm guessing when you see the ships in game in close/far camera their scale is increased to make the ship easier to see on screen, but its like two sideshifts to reach the opposite wall on most circuits.
However when you go into photo mode then the size scale of the ships is reduced somewhat so in comparison the tracks are huge. Logically this would be more realistic for a driver react to incoming corners since all ships travel at a minimum of about 450km/h which is really fast in real world standards but in wipeout its to slow.

Here's a sample picture to kinda support my theory. My Feisar at the starting line on Anulpha pass:

Normally in game for Anulpha pass you sideshift twice to reach the opposite wall but in reference to photo modes scale you could definitely pull off more in reality. This is only a theory of mine but its a little something I noticed a while ago that I thought I share. There is probably a more logical explanation than my over the top theory :P

Jonny
29th June 2014, 10:47 PM
Human: 1.80m * 40cm * 25cm
Craft (AGRC): 1.90m * 2m * 5m
Craft (not AGRC): 3m * 5m * 10m
Track: 200m (Height difference, not F9000) * 50m * 7km (not F9000)

This is what I think (I have a very good feel for geometry)

terra-wrists
29th June 2014, 10:48 PM
its all about the camera angles, focus, aperture, etc... I dont know much about it but my fiance is a photographer, she tells me stuff about this kinda thing all the time - goes in one ear and out of the other :D

Snakenator1
29th June 2014, 10:53 PM
goes in one ear and out of the other :D

I'm like that with a lot of things :P
I also seem to look at a game and point things out that are not really that important and make up some random theory about it. I mean who really cares about the size of the ships compared to the track. I'm strange like that.
But I have lots of nice pictures using photo mode :)

terra-wrists
29th June 2014, 10:58 PM
I used to take them way back when i first got this game...but these days, I never even bother with it.

We used to have a thread here with pics from HD in it. Had some awesome pics in it man - really something else. Dunno where it is now, but trust me, some of those entries had me staring at the pic for minutes, they were that good.

Now, I just play the game and sod taking pics :D besides, I'm never playing offline so heh, can't take pics if I wanted to these days.

Cipher
30th June 2014, 04:31 PM
Emalord has an amazing set of beautiful wipeout pictures right over here; http://www.electricblueskies.com/portfolio/wipeouthd/
I like taking them in 2048 HD/Fury DLC, the zone ship skins are awesome looking, different from HD/Fury on the PS3 ^^
And the colors are very different as well, 't'is pretty :)

Cipher

MyNameIsBom
4th July 2014, 10:33 AM
Not 100% sure if this is already posted but:

CORRECTION: The Missile can bounce up to 5 times (not 7) before self destructing.

Also, AI's seem to have only 60% of shield energy in a Single Race/Tournament because I found that you can 1 shot them with a plasma (if their shield is 8 or less) on the very first lap... (knowing this info is really fun because I ended up eliminating 5 opponents in the duration of a single race hehe)

Snakenator1
29th July 2014, 10:10 AM
Did you know the highest possible zone you can reach in Zone battle is 63. This involves a 8.0 zone boost the moment you hit zone 55
(there is a short delay between reaching the target and the game ending, you can then boost during this delay)

mannjon
29th July 2014, 05:42 PM
This might have been mentioned before, but: Did you know that in Detonator you lose ship energy while going backwards? It doesn't start immediately though, and it can be useful if you miss a bomb, or specifically on Corridon 12 where you have to chose one route or another.

Snakenator1
1st August 2014, 02:57 PM
Did you know in eliminator mode the maximum amount of points you can score with the cannon is 4.5 points? This involves all 30 rounds hitting their mark

0.15 x 30 = 4.5 ;)

JFthebestJan
1st August 2014, 03:31 PM
...in Detonator you lose ship energy while going backwards? It doesn't start immediately though, and it can be useful if you miss a bomb, or specifically on Corridon 12 where you have to chose one route or another.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy7eMd3xZKY&list=UUQXbU0vkTHyLmPf13G82i2g ;)

mannjon
2nd August 2014, 05:19 AM
That was pretty epic. Well done mate!

I didn't think that was possible!

Snakenator1
5th August 2014, 12:29 AM
Did you know that the avatar I am using right now is a sponsor called: Jap Energy Drink
They are the main sponsors of Feisar too hence why they have huge emblems on the Fury version of the Feisar as well

In case I change my avatar in the future I mean this one:

mannjon
5th August 2014, 01:03 AM
Did you know you can absorb the turbo in a speed lap or time trial? Don't do this unless you get tired of hearing the dinging from a Sebenco event.

Snakenator1
5th August 2014, 09:59 AM
Its possible to perform a double barrel roll within the same jump!! albeit its one of the hardest techniques to do.

If you jump and perform a barrel roll, depending on the track inclination the boost from the first barrel roll on landing will keep you airborne for a little longer. Since you used the boost from the first roll you can roll again to get a second boost!

I've only managed to do this once on Ubermall, the straight before the finish line since the track goes up and levels out it is possible to use this technique there ;)

Jonny
5th August 2014, 12:11 PM
Touch and Go ;)

marcingru
5th August 2014, 09:53 PM
@ Snake
Its a main domain of venom/flash speed classes ,most if not even all WR contains chained BR ,for expl on VinetaK R from first exit from tunnel its possible to perform 3x BR,ive managed to do it few times tho its difficult ,VERY difficult
...following ....AP rev, full on BR festival , for "normal" pilot its possible to get 8-9BR (BSB incl) but do not expect to do it on first 100 laps... ;)

Like TERRA-WRIST/SKRU said .... welcome in acrobats class ;)

Snakenator1
31st August 2014, 10:54 PM
I think I can safely say the Zone ship increases its speed by roughly 27-30km/h for every zone cleared.

Tested by using Wipeout pulses speedometer in zone mode

terra-wrists
31st August 2014, 11:44 PM
Like TERRA-WRIST/SKRU said .... welcome in acrobats class ;)

the only place in the FX350 where you go apeshit, and it pays off :D it's all about the risk over reward factor. In Venom and Flash speeds, I can rock it nicely, but put me in any other speed class, and I'm a noob :D

mannjon
1st September 2014, 01:48 AM
I'm curious Snake, I think I know what you are talking about, but just for clarification...

Are you talking about a double in air without landing anywhere? Or do you mean than you land for a split second before getting a second roll?

terra-wrists
1st September 2014, 02:02 AM
he's most likely referring to the invisible walls which you can bounce off - like in uber rev, lol... its definitely random but most of us know about these anyhow.

blackwiggle
1st September 2014, 06:15 AM
Its possible to perform a double barrel roll within the same jump!! albeit its one of the hardest techniques to do.

If you jump and perform a barrel roll, depending on the track inclination the boost from the first barrel roll on landing will keep you airborne for a little longer. Since you used the boost from the first roll you can roll again to get a second boost!

I've only managed to do this once on Ubermall, the straight before the finish line since the track goes up and levels out it is possible to use this technique there ;)

It was either Leungbouk or Pirapac that told me you can do a double BR pretty much anywhere you have the air time to, and the thumb dexterity
The trick is you have to do it the opposite of the previous BR.
So say the first was Left / Right / Left , the next should be Right /Left / Right.
If you look at some of the old SL videos from say the top 10 WR times, you will see they all pretty much do this.

- - - Updated - - -

he's most likely referring to the invisible walls which you can bounce off - like in uber rev, lol... its definitely random but most of us know about these anyhow.

Well you don't actually bounce off 'Invisible Walls', more like go through them, especially on Ubermall reverse.

Snakenator1
1st September 2014, 12:26 PM
I'm curious Snake, I think I know what you are talking about, but just for clarification...

Are you talking about a double in air without landing anywhere? Or do you mean than you land for a split second before getting a second roll?

I mean the one where you land for a split second and perform the second roll.

terra-wrists
1st September 2014, 01:37 PM
that's called "chaining" :)

Snakenator1
1st September 2014, 01:39 PM
Trust me to get the terminology wrong lol :P

terra-wrists
1st September 2014, 01:47 PM
Well you don't actually bounce off 'Invisible Walls', more like go through them, especially on Ubermall reverse.

thats the Turbo BR shortcut... but there's another just a little later which can be done without turbo... up the hill side shift BR and BR again when you hit the non existent wall.

marcingru
1st September 2014, 03:53 PM
I can rock it nicely, but put me in any other speed class, and I'm a noob :D

Got same "problem" hehe ,when i started playing WO i was going for phantom but now my preferred speed classes are:

1 Flash
2 Rapier (more fast paced race but good opportunities for BR too )
3 Venom/Phantom (Venom,to slow for my taste and slighty different BR techniques , Phantom its ...phantom , "you love it or hate it" ;)

Its all about BR for me ,looking around for new places for roll added more deep to already great game :) also very important is to "feel" ship and track environment

annnd ;) on Uber Rev right after start its great place to double BR ,important to approach it with added angle, SS and fire BR then V.fast next one :D

Greetz!

terra-wrists
1st September 2014, 06:02 PM
that double over the hill in uber rev once went wrong and turned into a quadruple - no lies... didn't make much difference to the speed though coz i didn't anticipate the nudge from other ships and so... well, I BR'd the two extra ones (muscle memory when getting some air) just to maintain the speed from the previous two BR's lol.

Weird thing is, my girl saw me do that on her screen when she was racing and was like "wow"... little did she know that it wasn't fast or anything lol, just trying to keep speed up.

I'm gutted i can't record races anymore, pulled of some very nice moves over the past year or so. Would have been ace to have them up on YT to show off :D

And Marcingru, flash speed seems to have all the thrills :D I don't love phantom as much as I do flash, but phantom is still a speed class I race, albeit very occasionally. I just don't find it as appealing as flash trickin' BR's like a monkey on hallucinogens flying aerobatic anti grav machines :D

Ok, who spiked me with DMT? :D

terra-wrists
10th September 2014, 02:22 PM
Apparently, 285,970 people own wipEout HD Fury, at best - if everyone actually paid for the game - it would have grossed £5,719,400 at £20 per game (HD+Fury)

Considering that the game became free during the PSN hacking fiasco, and the fact that the game is now even cheaper than the original £20 - I think a safe estimate for the gross could be anywhere between £1,000,000 - £1,800,000.

These are just guestimates, but I'm curious if anyone actually has the figures.

Amaroq Dricaldari
10th September 2014, 04:36 PM
It would explain why Sony shut SL down. Maybe, if they had released the other WipEout games (and G-Police) on PSN, and released the DLC for Pulse in the US, they would have gotten better sales.

Also, I had a thought: What if Somy adopted a Name-Your-Price approach, where every game's price would be the baseline for the minimum price. Wealthier customers who want to support the developer can be a little extra if they really, REALLY want. It wouldn't be guaranteed to work, but it would not hurt either.

Saramica12
19th November 2014, 07:30 PM
Did you know...

That the names of Auricom and Qirex may have Latin Origins?
Auricom seems an elaboration of the Latin word "Aureo" which means "Golden" (lalwhut?), mixed up with the name "America", oblivious.
Qirex is more closely linked to a phrase I tested with the spell "Qui Rex?" meaning "Which King?", so is like meaning "We are the King" (istillconsiderthemasamorefemenineteam -SHOT!-) .

Again about Qirex, they choosed Violet as basic color to differ from the 'Murica Team's colors, since we know, both of their national flags are Blue-Red-White. So Qirex mixed up Red and Blue and puf! Violet was born!

Assegai is also a tree, the Zulu Tribe takes the wood off it to make the well-known Spears which give the name of this loved Team; in South Africa, where the Team born, this tree is protected.

Pir-hana have the flower as Logo due to in Chinese/Japanese language, "Hana" means "Flower".
Pir? WAT?

The Track Vostok Reef (?) is a real place, but in Antartide, the real name is just Vostok and is a Russian Base for the studies in that land; also there they registered the lowest temperature ever: -89 Celsius.

Makana means Gift in Hawaian Language, not Goteki as I read once P:

Here for now what I discovered guys! Enjoy! :3

Ace3000
20th November 2014, 06:34 AM
Pir-hana have the flower as Logo due to in Chinese/Japanese language, "Hana" means "Flower".
Pir? WAT?

They had to retcon Piranha as a merger of Pir and Hana due to Wip3out's typo of the team: Pirhana.

Cipher
20th November 2014, 09:16 PM
Hah! I knew it! I'm not mental! I always kept typing Pirhana until i actually noticed it is not spelled that way (which was super odd to me) Didn't know it was an actual typo during development xD

Cipher

Saramica12
21st November 2014, 01:28 PM
@Ace3000 I know! But Pir seems doesn't have any logic in the Team name, or no? P:
Hana instead is very fine, since in Chinese means Flower, and in the Wiki is listed first as a Chinese Team, that's perfect! :3
But Pir? Piiiir? P:

Snakenator1
9th December 2014, 11:02 PM
The amount of energy transferred from an enemy to you from a leech beam depends on the distance from you and the target.
The shorter the distance too the target, the more energy you steal (An negative correlation).

And after a bit of experimenting, the fastest rate of energy transfer from a leech beam is about 5 transfers per second.
Since each transfer steals on average 4% energy and the beam lasts for 3 seconds, I can make a rough estimate for the maximum amount of damage that can be inflicted by a leech beam is:

4 x 5 transfers = 20 x 3 secs = 60 Damage! The equivalent to a plasma!
This is under the bed case scenario of being right next to your target and not losing the beam, this also varies depending on shield ratings of the craft. This also only applies for single race mode where the weapon damage is lower, Eliminator could see a leech beam take you from 100% - >20% in that time depending on shield ratings again.

JFthebestJan
10th December 2014, 12:36 AM
@snake: how did you test it? 2player mode online, offline?

Snakenator1
10th December 2014, 07:07 AM
Yeah I used offline split-screen mode, I tested for the average damage it does and max transfer rate. Its only a estimate I gave.

JFthebestJan
11th December 2014, 12:51 AM
so i tested this for myself in offline split screen with triakis attacking icaras. snake is right in saying that distance makes a difference, but his numbers are incorrect. leech beam inflicts 7 damage to your victim at maximum distance, and 19 damage at close range.
if icaras attacks triakis it's 6 damage at maximum distance, and 15 damage at close range.

Snakenator1
11th December 2014, 11:24 AM
Interesting that, I think your set up probably has more reliable results because it seems I missed something in my test.

JFthebestJan
12th December 2014, 02:02 PM
i tested leech beam again, this time in eliminator mode. at maximum distance it inflicts 24damage, and 67damage at close range.
a plasma inflicts 89damage. but the most powerful weapon is the rockets item at close range, it means instant kill!
all victims were icaras :)

Colin Berry
15th December 2014, 11:28 PM
Random fact 1, WOHD has split screen, because Karl Jones challenged Zico that he couldnt get it working.
Zico won the challenge.

- - - Updated - - -

Random fact 2, Harimau was named after a sub-species of Tiger

blackwiggle
16th December 2014, 07:39 AM
Nice to see you are still visiting the forum Colin.

What have you been up to?
Any possible involvement with your former SL mates making Formula Fusion?
OH, and have you tried PURE / PULSE via PS TV,[pretty good] since they were your baby?

Snakenator1
16th December 2014, 09:34 AM
Hi Colin :D
*waves* so nice to see you still active with the community!

Also there is no challenge that is impossible for Zico ;)

-EDIT- Also I re-tried my leech beam tests, yeah I made a miscalculation in the last one and got the same results as Jan

Colin Berry
16th December 2014, 09:58 AM
I lost my login for a while :( but Charlie sorted me out the other week :D

After I left Sony I went to Bizarre Creations (worked on Bond and then some early things for another racing game which ended when the studio closed), then to Sumo (spent 6 months there, nice place to work but the commute was a pain - worked on sonic all stars transformed) then landed at Lucid where I have been for 3yrs now. Its made up of mostly ex Bizarre guys, with a handful of ex Sony folk too. Its really cool. I've been lucky, each place I've worked has been very good.

I only heard about Formula Fusion about two months ago. A coder from Pure told me he had seen mention of it on facebook. So no I'm not involved - the majority of Studio Liverpool folk I know are still working in and around Liverpool at various places, but there might be someone from there on it. I know a guy from the old Leeds Studio who worked on WO3 is on it, but that the only person I am aware of.

I havent tried PS TV, but I did find a working PSP early in the summer and played some Pure. Took me a while to locate all the DLC, I had genuinely forgotten some of it existed :D
It was enjoyable playing it after all this time, spotting all the things I'd do different, and the things that stood the test of time.

(On Topic)
Wipeout HD Fact - The Mirage team was originally called Mantis because an early concept sketch reminded me of a praying mantis.
You probably already know that.

blackwiggle
16th December 2014, 10:12 AM
Could you please give the Slipstream guys some tips?
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?28-SlipStream-GX

Cipher
16th December 2014, 11:04 PM
Fun little facts Colin, love reading 'em ^^
And welcome back as well! :)

Cipher

amplificated
16th December 2014, 11:33 PM
I'm pretty impressed with Sonic & AST. Only got it a couple of weeks or so ago but it's solid.

Random fact: I haven't played HD/F in 3+ years, and it was the last thing that had me turning my PS3 on. It needed to come out on PC too; I can't even be bothered switching inputs on my TV since I got my HTPC.

blackwiggle
17th December 2014, 02:25 PM
What do you use as a input controller?

scarfrogers
17th December 2014, 08:09 PM
Here's a random fact. Everytime i win i whisper scaaaar to myself. If i win 3 in a row i shout SCAAAAR at the screen. If i win a tourny i pretend im al pacino from Scarface and shout say hello to my little friend!!

amplificated
17th December 2014, 09:58 PM
What do you use as a input controller?

PS3 controller. May upgrade to a PS4 controller though, as the apps that enable them are much better than the software that drives what I have, as well as enables the motion controls to be assigned and I'm curious to see how that works in the PSP wipeouts, maybe even slipstream gx too.

Jonny
18th December 2014, 05:45 PM
When I win something I do the Vettel finger (kind of)