PDA

View Full Version : What is the Sol Exploit?

DDD113
19th November 2013, 11:05 PM
I've heard whispers about a so-called "Sol Exploit." If it does indeed exist, what is it and does it still work?

keg_11
20th November 2013, 01:09 PM
If this is what I think it is, it's simply the way to unlock all the ships in the game without needing to go online (particularly for people with the C2-12828-1 network error like myself).

Towards the end of the long left-handed first corner of Sol, there should be as set of speed pads positioned diagonally out. As you may know, running over these pads gains about 10 agility points. If you fly over these pads in line you will fall off the track but get re-spawned at the start of those pads.

Pretty much, if you can get the angle correct, you can continuously gain between 10-30 agility points a second (or so). You can gain quite an amount of you hold it there for a half hour or so.

JABBERJAW
20th November 2013, 11:24 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lKe6j8ubcDA

Here it is. If you position yourself ever so slightly earlier than I did in that video, it goes a bit quicker. Also, getting phantom speed laps first will make it go much faster

DDD113
21st November 2013, 01:53 AM
Cool, thanks for the video. I've always wondered what this was, and I might have to use it, since 2048's online is so jacked up. :( It's really a shame, with racebox and a good online system, this could have been one of the best games. It would have been interesting to see what WipEout would have become had Psygnosis stayed independent of Sony.

Edit: Also wondering what that controller type handle thingy that you had on your psvita was, it looked like a good idea.

JABBERJAW
21st November 2013, 12:10 PM
I forgot the name of it, but you can probably find it on eBay. It was much better to play this way, no hand cramps.

Not sure if this is exactly the same, but it looks very similar, and pretty cheap. I think I'll get one next paycheck as we'll

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flexible-Durable-Black-Blue-Plastic-Bracket-Holder-Hand-Handle-Grip-for-PS-Vita-/310620044587?pt=US_Video_Game_Controllers&hash=item485265bd2b