PDA

View Full Version : Good and bad days

AGSys
13th November 2013, 10:16 PM
Hey peepz, ever had those days where you just can't pilot properly? It may not only be for one day, it could be even for a week sometimes (in my own experiences). It's damn near the most annoying thing ever. What I've found to get rid of this is to go all out and do push ups or anything fitness intensive for a few minutes! This may only be for me but it's worked nearly every time. I think it's all about getting your body pumped with adrenaline. It's almost like if you do that, even when you race on Phantom it feels as if you're racing in Flash. But then there are those good days where without doing anything you find that you're a master none like any other and feel like you can take on the world! But sadly that only lasts for a short while most times :P Again, this may only be for me just thought I'd share it :D

I know nearly all of you guys must've been through this at one point or another in your WipEout career. Share you experiences here and what you tried to do to counteract 'em bad days!

Knux_Chaotix
13th November 2013, 11:09 PM
Nope, 100% with you on this. I have days where Im like "AWW HELLZ YEAH IM GOOOD!!" Then, out of nowhere, I cant race for s**t. I find a massive drink of energy drink tends to sort that out quite quickly sometimes, other times I feel like launching my controller out of the window. Its weird.

DDD113
14th November 2013, 03:22 AM
Oh yeah, this happens all the time, especially after switching between games. In WOHD, I just tell myself I'm racing in Flash, and it usually gets better. It really helped on Zone mode, after playing 2097/XL for a good amount of time and then going back to HD, I did a Zone event (my previous record was 76 on Syncopia), and ended up with 96 zones just because I told myself the whole time in Supersonic, "It's only Flash, it's only flash..." :P Still need to get those extra 4 zones, though! ;)

DIXI200
14th November 2013, 11:19 AM
What I read is true, it also happens to me.

Some times I can not make progress.
I think that physical activity .. I also do long walks with the dog in nature ... distract your mind and relax is always excellent.

TheConzio
15th November 2013, 01:16 AM
This happens to me all the time. One day I'm all over the walls, the next I feel like an autopilot.

IXxNOCTURNALxXI
15th November 2013, 11:34 AM
Usually I tend to be alright but the minute I lose my temper with the game I am f****d and then I lose my concentration :brickwall