PDA

View Full Version : Psvita tv

JABBERJAW
13th November 2013, 11:57 AM
I am picking up one of these Nov 15th ( if it arrives by then). Is anyone else getting one? I will be testing 2048, and perhaps pure and pulse. There supposedly is a way to use the analog sticks and r3L3 to navigate the touch screen. We will see.

Cipher
13th November 2013, 12:23 PM
bought a vita myself yesterday, should arrive friday or saturday ^^
Bought it just for wipeout lol :p

Cipher

JABBERJAW
13th November 2013, 01:13 PM
I meant a vita tv, the normal vita has no tv output.

multibodydynamics
13th November 2013, 02:03 PM
I'm probably getting one as well. If WO2048 doesn't work I can sell it and get most of the money back. The AC adaptor is external and made for 110-240V so I don't see any problems there.

Cipher
13th November 2013, 02:05 PM
oh snap, why didn't i know of this?, shoulda bought that LOL crap >.<

Cipher

multibodydynamics
13th November 2013, 02:14 PM
Wipeout 2048 is not on the compatibility list at this point. Hopefully that is because touch and tilt can be used during racing on the handheld device. We are hoping the game will run on a PS Vita TV anyway.

DDD113
13th November 2013, 08:37 PM
Well, keep us updated when you get it. I would love to see 2048 on the big screen! :D

blackwiggle
14th November 2013, 05:55 AM
Where are you ordering it from?
What format [usa/eu/asia] are choices when ordering from online, or are there just one.
Are "Game Cards" from different regions playable on different PSVITA TV?

Is there a waiting list?

multibodydynamics
14th November 2013, 10:39 AM
Let's hope that this list is incorrect:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Vita_games
:frown:

JABBERJAW
14th November 2013, 11:55 AM
These are games I believe that in normal fame mode, do not NEED touch controls. On Sonys Japanese site, there is a FAQ that says you can use the analog sticks and R3L3 to navigate the touch screen. Let's hope this is true!

On a side note, the order has been shipped so I will find out soon.

The item has arrived at my house. Shipped from Hong Kong on Thursday, and arrived at 9:30 this morning ! ( Friday) I am hoping to try it tonight.

JABBERJAW
15th November 2013, 11:12 PM
It's not working, I am using my Japanese account, but getting various errors. I'm not sure if my Japanese game is linked to my previous system or what. Ridge racer isn't working either, so hopefully I just don't know what I am doing. Maybe aka sho can enlighten us. Oh, also, it only works with a Japanese account, it won't recognize my American account, so it is not just a vita without a screen unfortunately. It also means no pure or pulse.

I downloaded a crappy mech demo and that played fine. They need to make this work with every game. There seemed to be not many options. I hope I am missing something, but I fear this is about to become a very expensive coaster.

multibodydynamics
16th November 2013, 12:27 PM
I don't understand why Ridge Racer isn't working. Is it some kind of region locking? Someone who understands japanese might be able to help you. I'm not ordering one until further notice. Sad to hear it isn't working.

Cipher
16th November 2013, 01:54 PM
Will this device become an official thing in EU/US as well? seems so odd they'd only launch it in Japan as it could be a very nice device to have. Would allow people to record vita gemeplay potentially giving a big boost in vita advertising…
Interested in one of these now, sad 2048 isn't working on it though… at least, not yet *high hopes*

Cipher

JABBERJAW
16th November 2013, 05:00 PM
My ridge racer game is japanese

multibodydynamics
19th November 2013, 11:43 AM
Has anyone else tried a japanese PS Vita TV? I'd like to know if there is any point in hoping for a global release of this thing. Apparently the japanese version forces you to create a japanese account which make things a little more complicated. Do you have any more news Jabberjaw?

JABBERJAW
19th November 2013, 12:08 PM
No I don't. I want to contact aka sho to see if he has tried, or know exactly what is going on. Maybe I'll go on the ps3 later and try to contact him that way. I already had a Japanese account and it did not work, but that could be many reasons, as simple as needing a new game because that is tied to a different vita. I liked this until I saw the ridiculous restrictions on it, like sony wants it to fail. It's too bad because it could be awesome.

Anyway, I'll try to contact him tonight

multibodydynamics
20th November 2013, 09:01 AM
I found some info:
http://kotaku.com/five-important-things-to-know-about-the-vita-tv-1464987381
It's NOT looking good right now... Unsupported titles won't even launch and titles that use the touch screen have been patched to be able to do so. With SL out of the picture the hopes of playing WO2048 with a DS3 is fading away sadly. :frown: