PDA

View Full Version : WipEout-Based Novel Ideas

DDD113
11th November 2013, 10:25 PM
Hello folks. I'm thinking about writing a full novel based on the events of a certain time in WipEout history, and I wanted to hear your input on what it should be. Here are the options I can think of, you can add your own if you like:

Belmondo's fight against the Symposium to continue developing AG technology

the struggles of league standardization for the AGRC

the early days of the AGRC

the Tetsuo sisters' rivalry in the F3600

the development and introduction of the Piranha craft to the F5000

the Icaras-Goteki battle of the F7200

the Overtel takeover at the end of the F7200

Qirex's struggle to stay sovereign of Tigron

battles of the F9000

Fall of the F9000

Post-F9000 Amateur Scene

ARC-150 Racing

Formation and Start of the FX300

Battles of the FX350

Through the Twists and Turns of the FX400

Qirex and Auricom Rivalry (please specify which league you would like to see demonstrated)

Icaras and FEISAR Rivalry (please specify which league you would like to see demonstrated)

I would love to hear your thoughts on what you would like to see in a story based on the major events of the WipEout timeline. :D

keg_11
13th November 2013, 06:05 AM
If this is going to be a full-on novel, I would like to see something not just simply a specific part of the wipeout lore, but rather a representation of the elements of what made Wipeout what it is (super-high speed racing, vehicular warfare etc; if I'm sounding a bit particular I apologise).

Something around the start of AG racing, simply with the original 4(or 5), or set in Wipeout HD/Pulse would be nice.

DDD113
13th November 2013, 08:40 PM
It will be a full representation and a full novel, but I'm only going to focus on one main point, to keep the story and the characters personal. It's not very fun to read if the characters keep dying off, lol ;)

Synergy2048
14th November 2013, 05:45 AM
Depending on the type of novel. Me personally I would do a story following specific pilots/characters in any of the racing leagues. We already know about the events of the sport, but what about the pilots? What are their stories? how did they end up racing in the sport? what happens to them in certain events of the sport? who do they meet: allies or rivals? The type of dramas in or outside the track they encounter? Which pilots are likable in a way and their developments? Thats at least what I would do for my fanmade pilots/characters, even though I'm not much of a novel writer, but more of writing different chapters/episodes of each pilot in random order. I don't know, I'm thinking of doing something like that after I finish the remaining bios for my pilots, just picking a random chapter and doing an episode with some of my pilots

Jonny
17th November 2013, 09:56 PM
This is funny.3 weeks ago I asked Daimon Faircloth if he ever imagined writing a wipEout-novel.
You have my support for your project.Just please keep it acurate to the "official" backstory:)

DDD113
17th November 2013, 11:01 PM
Yes sir I know a lot about the story already and I plan to further my research depending on what part of the series I choose to cover. You have my word on accuracy, all aspects will be checked. :)

Edit: I think I am going to do the standardization and early days of the AGRC. I just love the atmosphere of that game, the down-to-earth, city feel, and I think there are many opportunities to elaborate on the vague backstory provided.

Jonny
17th November 2013, 11:28 PM
I have a question,do want to release a real hardcover book or just a series of fanon on this forum?
If you want to release a real book,you should know that Sony holds the rights of the franchise.Inclusive all teams,characters and so on.

DDD113
18th November 2013, 12:00 AM
Yeah, I was just going to put it somewhere online, totally non-profit, and giving all the credit to SL & Sony. You could always print it, I know it wouldn't be the same, but it's as close as we can get with the copyright stuff. Workarounds on SSGX have accustomed me to avoiding copyright issues. :P

KronicReaper
18th November 2013, 01:00 AM
I have a good idea for the wipeout novel, what about a AG racer that was born with Cerebral Palsy that wanted to dream as a kid to be a AG pilot for the FX350 to the FX400 leagues one day to prove that a person with a physical disability that can race with normal AG pilots in the FX league in the AGRC. That might open some eyes wide open. Here my influence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jFrjjBbwUKw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EZ8XggcoZXY

Jonny
19th November 2013, 01:43 PM
@DDD113 may you can change the names:
Races in Avon State City with the Teams RASIEF, GA Systems, Mocirua, Xeriq and Hana-pir.
Sounds a bit like a chinese plagiarismn ;)

DDD113
19th November 2013, 11:00 PM
Ha ha good one, I like it (although I admit it took me a few seconds to read Auricom backwards! :P)

Jonny
20th November 2013, 11:37 AM
Ok some other variants:
Aurinet,Auricouk,Aurigov,Auride,Auriwikiacom :D
Ok now seriously,thirst you wrote ARC-150,actually it's the FX150 Anti-Gravity Amateur League.
Secound,will you add pictures?
May you could draw something with the infamous incident betwen the Tetsuo twins,that one in that Arian broke some fingers while trying to punch Arial. ^^
And what would be the name of your novel?

DDD113
21st November 2013, 01:46 AM
Well, SSGX is actually the ARC-150 not the FX150 for copyright reasons, therefore since it's the only thing we have to go off from that era, that's what I would do. And heck, since SL can change the backstory with 2048, why can't we? :P I might add pictures, although I'm not the best at drawing, but that Tetsuo incident did interest me. ;)

Here's the ARC-150 logos:

UnleashSonic
2nd July 2014, 02:32 PM
Overtel takeover or Battles of the FX350 would be kickass!

PureSpeed7
22nd August 2014, 06:05 PM
I would like a story from Natasha Belmondo's perspective of the corruption of the F9000 league.

NeroIcaras
4th August 2015, 06:08 PM
Personally, I like KronicReaper's idea of a kid with cerebral palsy becoming a racer (cos I have Cerebral Palsy myself :(
Also, a official 2185 amateur scene sounds very good. You could call that 'Ascension'