PDA

View Full Version : WipEout HD and Pulse websites OFFLINE?!

DDD113
19th October 2013, 08:49 PM
I can no longer access the WipEout HD and Pulse websites! Have they been shutdown? I really hope not, but strangely enough, the Pure website is still running. Please post if you have any information on this, thanks.

Hellfire_WZ
19th October 2013, 09:09 PM
If you're referring to Wipeout-Game.com, it's been offline for a very long time. That's why there's no more custom liveries for Pulse.

KronicReaper
19th October 2013, 09:25 PM
Its confirmed the Wipeout HD site has been shut down. Only Wipeout Pure & Wipeout 3 site remains.

Cipher
19th October 2013, 09:35 PM
@hellfire i think he's referring to http://www.wipeouthd.com/

which i do think was the official site =/
if someone can, you might still be able to archive it using google's cache feature, i'm not at my main system at the moment and wont be till monday, so can't until then

I hope it's just down due to a server problem where the site is stored on :S

Cipher

DDD113
20th October 2013, 03:00 AM
Well that just sucks. Wonder how long the Pure site will stay. Oh well, I guess just making room for SlipStream GX.

Edit: Wip3out site is still up, though. It's been up forever, really makes me question Sony's reasoning. (which probably amounts to nothing)

KronicReaper
20th October 2013, 03:36 AM
Only Wipeout Pure and Wipeout 3 sites are still up and online.

blackwiggle
22nd October 2013, 06:37 AM
Try and search this WEB archive site, it's bound to be there, I've found many a so called "Forever lost" sites archived here.
http://archive.org/web/

AGSys
23rd October 2013, 08:10 AM
I tried that as soon as I found out that they were down blackwiggle. It seems the wayback machine doesn't like to archive flash based websites. I went to lots of different country indexes and none seemed to load. This is just a sad, sad day. Those websites were the only official links we had to WOHD and Pulse and now they're both gone. :( Only a matter of time before Pure is gone as well. Man I love that site in particular. It's got the whole history of WipEout till the FX300 league and presents it in such a sweet way. Anyway, does anyone know how to contact Sony?

Snake1405
13th November 2013, 12:40 PM
You must say goodbye. Sony Santa Monica shut down the official Twisted Metal site too, and it redirect you to another page. The problem is that we used the official site for customize ours cars, and now it's dead :/

They said it'll be out of service for a while, but that was 2 months ago, so I guess that is a "nope".

Sausehuhn
17th November 2013, 12:46 PM
Damnit. I was planning to back up the WOHD-site, but forgot about it.

I do have a backup of the WOPulse-site, though.

Man, this sucks.

edit:

I know it’s not the full website and it’s also not available in English (or any other language), but it’s probably as close as one can get to what’s lost: jp.playstation.com/scej/title/wipeout/hd/ (http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/wipeout/hd/).

I also just backed up that site, just in case. Same goes for WOPure’s site.

Cipher
17th November 2013, 06:13 PM
^Great find!, downloaded everything there was to download from there :p
Just don't have the environment art since they are stored in .swf, which for some reason, safari does not like downloading…

How did you back up a flash based site though sausehuhn?
And guess we'll all have to learn japanese now :p

Cipher

Sausehuhn
17th November 2013, 07:23 PM
As there is no way to know which data a swf loads (at least not that I know of), I used some kind of workaround: First, I cleared my browser’s cache and clicked every link inside the website afterwards. In my browser’s cache overview, I was able to see where the original content comes from. I rebuilt the website’s folder structure and downloaded every single file and saved it to the correspondent folder. This way the whole website works offline and loads it content perfectly. Except for the videos, which I was able to save, but not to load into the site’s swf.

And don’t be fooled: There are plenty of files to save for the website to work ;)

AGSys
17th November 2013, 11:12 PM
Damn...I could never be able to do all that. I'm not much of an expert when it comes to things like this. I've tried a lot of times but none seem to work as well as everything loading how they normally would you like described.

Cipher
18th November 2013, 06:22 AM
lol Sause, that's pretty much the same thing i did, i just didn't rebuild the website :p, got all the content though and can open the SWFs individually ^^
Big props to you for recreating the whole folder structure lol ;)
A couple of the environment things gave me nullpointer errors upon trying to download though =/, but if you got it all, that's fine great :)

Cipher

blackwiggle
18th November 2013, 07:12 AM
I see nobody has questioned WHY Sony have removed both sites.

I'll give you a hint.
Gaikai

Cipher
18th November 2013, 10:25 AM
i asked on the PSN forums but got no official reply, don't see what Gaikai has to do with the removal of the sites though…

Cipher

DDD113
19th November 2013, 01:05 AM
The cloud service? What is the connection here?! Tell us blackwiggle, tell us!!!

AGSys
19th November 2013, 02:12 AM
I'm also curious. I don't see how a game's website should in any way be removed/altered to redirect because of their cloud service. They don't seem too related. >__>

Sony's up to somethin'.

DDD113
19th November 2013, 02:24 AM
I have a hunch that blackwiggle knows what he's talking about... I'm just not sure what that is yet! :P

blackwiggle
20th November 2013, 02:24 PM
Don't be surprised if the HD/FURY and PULSE servers were to be closed down and replaced with a PS4 Gaikai streaming model of the same games.
Sony USES Wipeout [Much as it pisses everybody off at this forum] to promote new technology.

As it owns the Wipeout Franchise, and it would be a very cheap entry into the game streaming "Experiment" that the PS4's Gaikai would be, the recent closing of both Wipeout websites, can only allude to assume that both games will no longer being supported by Sony in there previous "guises", and will in future be "Only?" available via streaming.
The reason for removal of said sites would be to stop any possible confusion with any Google searches when any new "Gaikai Streaming" version was to be launched.
I'm not 100% sure.
It's a very cheap marketing ploy for Sony's Gaikai streaming if it gives free games away with sign up.
Wipeout has been used previously , so it's safe to assume it will happen with this launch.

Cipher
20th November 2013, 03:17 PM
i'm not a 100% sure what exactly is streamed, but if it is the game's video output being streamed that'll be a no go, you'll need some pretty badass internet to stream phantom without losing much visual quality, input latency will become a thing as well, something VERY important in racing games, especially fast paced ones like wipeout, even a 60ms latency is too much (i play with a 44 ms input latency due to my matrox in between, which is quite noticable, but i got used to it)
Wipeout's already 4 years old as well, it would surprise me if they announced a new feature with a 4 year old game =/

Cipher

blackwiggle
21st November 2013, 03:15 PM
I don't think it would be a problem for the PS4, mainly because of the larger amount of RAM it has.
Plus I doubt they will release a feature that they intend to charge for if it is a lesser version of the way you could play the same game on a previous generation console.
The games are a known quantity for Sony, the streaming would work in packages, where after a small initial wait for the first package to stream onto your PS4, the game would start once it had finished, meanwhile in the background a second package is downloading while you are playing the first, etc.
Races would work like that.

Sony sort of got shafted with PULSE, mainly because the PSP was hacked.
Plus it never released the DLC for it in the USA.
So if it were going to release it for streaming, there would be a large amount of people that would not of raced on a lot of tracks which would make it attractive to them.
It depends how Sony intent to charge for the streaming option.
Will they charge per game, or have a one flat charge like the +subscription that lasts you a month or year or whatever?
Sony are well known for trying to get blood out of a stone, so charging again for the same game delivered via different way should not be surprising.
You had PULSE already first purchased on PSP UMD disc, then as a PSP download from the store, then as a HD remake, why not try for a fourth variant with a streamed version?

I think they are going to have to let people have a certain amount of free trial time with the service, just so they can check out if they might suffer problems streaming games.