PDA

View Full Version : Overall thoughts before purchase

marcingru
13th October 2013, 01:27 PM
Hi guys!
Im about to pull trigger for Vita and W2048 and im wondering how many players there is around , how is the mechanics of the game scaled down .
Is 30fps is so much a deal?

I liked to play Pulse on PSP alot but there was (for me) issue with thumbs i have quite large hands ,my palms was very tired after some time ,looking on Vita the buttons they are not so centered (they are sitting more toward to the top of the device) its seems to be more comfortable.

Can you guys drop some lines beucose i have no place to check that out unfortunately.

Thx in advance !
Regards Marcin

DDD113
13th October 2013, 06:59 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum, marcingru! Well, to start off, I would describe the physics being a mixture of Pure and HD, being responsive but still a bit drifty. As for the framerate, it is visibly less smooth than HD, but does not detract too much from the gameplay. In fact, I think it adds a further sense of speed because the settings literally flash past you instead of gliding smoothly. The Vita controls are most definitely more comfortable than the PSP, and yes, they are higher up. The online mode isn't great, it puts you in a lobby on its own, you don't get to choose, and there is a wacky online campaign. Also, your online progress tends to erase itself every so often. Really the biggest two warnings I have for you is the fact that there is no Racebox mode, you simply have to choose events from the campaign (and there is no difficulty setting), and the style of the tracks is very different from Pulse. There are tight, optional routes scattered all over that advanced pilots may use, and nearly all tracks are in a city setting. Finally, weapon pads are divided into offensive and defensive, which makes things interesting :). If you have any more questions, just ask, we're always happy to help here.

Cipher
14th October 2013, 02:42 AM
it's funny, many of my friends are getting a vita all of a sudden, in the fb zoners group the same quesiton was asked as well xD, is there a fever spreading about it? :p

As for comfortability of it, apparently controllers and handheld devices are way better than a mouse and keyboard for starters (doctor told a friend of minethat, who suffers from RSI)
So yes, it's definitely better, compared to the PSP you ask? another friend of mine says it's way better than the PSP, but not when you have small hands (which you stated you do not), unless you tend to be playing for very long periods of time (5hours or more)

My quote from that FB post, which was mostly a comparison between the vita and psp;
"my friend says the vita is way better than the psp, mainly since it's gotten more love and games keep coming out for it, it sits better in the hands (despite being slightly bigger), screen is better, internet and such is faster and easier use of apps and vita has 2 sticks +touchscreen which makes games more enjoyable
that's what my friend said, so yeah, seems he's pretty positive about it "

somewhere in that convo, when that person said he was getting a combo pack with the vita and that it included 2048, i also dropped the following;
"well if it contains wipeout, you know you'll have fun and it'll be worth it "

End decision is yours though
also, totally unrelated, good races earlier this night ;) (until the rage quit :P (i giggled ^^))

OH! and welcome to the forum ofcourse! :D

Cipher

marcingru
14th October 2013, 04:44 PM
Thank You guys for answering !

Without doubt its fever :) For me WO series is brilliant and HD/Fury is real king of anti-gravity racers ,been playing from 2097>W3>Fusion>Pure>Pulse but i little overslept HD , i bought PS3 in june 2011 and have lost desire for 2 years ....yeeeeah.... i dont want to be happened again .
The answer is obvious :) but i have some worries about erasing online stats/progress , is there any possibility of getting away with meaby backup or something similar?

Im glad that there is HD/FURY DLC for download ,but is there complete pack of the tracks from PS3 ?
I gonna to browse some more after Vita and make decision soon , i hope .

Regards Marcin
P.S yes it was some of the kind of rage quit , i just stoped lying to my self that i can compete with you guys ;) i have few tracks that i dont feel good enough on plus i have not a good grasp on phantom class yet , da*n 2 years :(

DDD113
14th October 2013, 10:09 PM
Hey Marcin,

I don't know about the backup systems so unfortunately I cannot help you there. The HD/Fury DLC gives you only the HD and Fury campaigns, still no racebox, but this contains many events including all the forward tracks and their zone races. Unfortunately it does not include reverse tracks, which sucks.

Also just wondering if you have seen the Ozone tournament on Saturday, Oct. 19th. It starts at 2PM GMT and will hopefully run past midnight. Just a day of racing fun, and I'd love to see ya there! I understand if you still wanna hone your skills, though. Here's the link if you are interested: www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?9326-Ozone-Saturday-19th-October-2013&p=229119#post229119

P.S. love the rage quit!

marcingru
15th October 2013, 02:45 PM
Thank you for invitation i have weekend free so ill be most of the time online, , honestly i never thinked to check in Arena section for upcoming events!

I can live without racebox but no Reverse that is real bummer :(

now i know why i got message that players will be thrown from game when i was changing track , i did not know that ...

Anyway see ya on the track!

Regards Marcin.

P.s Check that link there are reverse tracks in W2048- skip to 6'54
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmABeakSO7M

From PSN regarding DLC :

• The original PlayStation®3 version of WipEout® HD and the WipEout® HD Fury expansion pack reimagined for PS Vita.
>>>>>>>• A total of 24 tracks, including 12 reverse tracks and 4 Zone tracks. <<<<<<<
• Full access to 36 ships, plus the two Zone ships.
• Single player WipEout® HD and WipEout® HD Fury campaigns.
• Online game modes.

Regards

DDD113
15th October 2013, 08:55 PM
Can't wait to race you at Ozone Saturday! I read the same thing from PSN that said 24 tracks and I guess I wasn't specific enough: the reverse tracks are available in online mode, but as the single player campaign only consists of forward tracks, they are not available in single player. Unfortunately the rushed schedule of 2048 and its DLC left a few shortcoming such as Racebox and Reverse. Anyway, I guess you just have to weigh how important reverse tracks are to you (some are pretty amazing) in single player and whether that makes a difference on your purchase decision.

On a positive note, I think open minded WipEout players like you and I (open minded referencing that we continue to play Fusion :)) generally enjoy 2048, I know I have, it's just such an interestingly different take on the start of the sport.

All the best,

DDD113

marcingru
15th October 2013, 09:47 PM
Been eayballing forever for Pulse coming to PS2 ;) ;) ;)

Today i found in one local game shop Ps vita ,ready to play with few demos on it . of course there was demo W2084 :) !!!

its only 4 tracks but i could taste what full experience can be like, controls are responsive but buttons little for small for me (i can hold basketball in my hand , you can imagine:)

30 FPS not a big problem like i would be expecting ,SL have made very good job .

Thank you for clarifying , i like to have full online experience and with PSvita we have HD/Fury in our pocket!

Regards ,sorry for my spelling .

See ya on the track !

DDD113
15th October 2013, 09:56 PM
What spelling? You even put the Registered logos, dude! :) I didn't catch any errors, but that's a great opportunity to test out the game, good news. The full online experience is great, but there was one time in an online race that was on Moa Therma that the game digitalized the track with no speed pads for me! It was funny, I got the crap beat out of me because I couldn't make any speed! It was a once-in-a-lifetime error though, never heard of or experienced it again :). Anyway, great find, and happy playing!