PDA

View Full Version : Ozone - Saturday 19th October 2013

Colonel
10th October 2013, 09:42 PM
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x188/logicevents/Ozone_Logo30pc.jpg

Ozone XIII - Saturday 19th October 2013

Ozone Social Group (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?groupid=81) - Because you're worth it :P

Ozone Leaderboards (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArRl3YNE85fkdFhVazlVTU5CSklNajB4S1lHWEJVd FE)

"Strike while the iron's hot" they say. Or "Sneak an Ozone in while your wife's away for the weekend". Both good mottos. A bit more notice this time as well, so hopefully an even better turnout than last time.

Everybody (and I do mean everybody) is cordially invited to a day at the races, Saturday 19th October. A day where pilots of all experience and skill levels can come together and share their love of the game. And shoot the bejesus out of each other.

We'll be starting a bit later than usual this time, with a view to carrying on later. Start time is 2.00pm GMT, and hopefully we'll carry on well past midnight.

If you've not been to an Ozone before, it's dead easy, just go online and find us, we'll be pretty visible; stick your name / PSN ID in this thread so we know to look out for you.

I will be using my Erik_Ponti account, send me a friend request and I'll invite you to the chat room. Not bothered about chatting? Fair play, just come and race!

Please do have an open mind. Ozone always has been and always will be a celebration of Wipeout HD in its entirety. Rooms will change speed class and game-mode frequently.

Either myself or one of the regulars on here will be hosting, here's what we'll be doing:

Phantom Single Race – Weapons on and Off
Rapier Single race – Weapons on and Off
Flash Single Race – Weapons on
Zone Battle – 50 – 55 target, selected tracks
Rapier Eliminator – variable targets, selected tracks
Assorted mini tournaments and silly games

* Bling Brigade Room - 7.00pm(GMT)

** Endurance Trophy match (12 race rapier tournament) - available on request, for anyone who needs it.

Times for BB and Endurance are provisional, and can be changed to suit anybody who needs them. Grudge matches, team tournaments, points to prove welcome. Just shout it and we'll make it happen.

Bring it!
Colonel :rock

Knux_Chaotix
10th October 2013, 09:59 PM
HORAAAY!!! Another one!!! I'll be there ^_^ Also, is that a cheeky wee dig I see :P Looking forward to it :)

DDD113
10th October 2013, 10:00 PM
Fantastic! I'm new to this forum and I was out of town for the last Ozone, can't wait to race with all you guys! Unless something comes up later, count me in!

Colonel
10th October 2013, 10:42 PM
DD113 - Excellent, see you there dude.

Knux - yes it is a very pointed dig at people not as open minded as your good self. I fully understand not everybody likes every mode, but I don't like being made to feel guilty for doing exactly what novide and I set out to do a long time ago.

The last thing I'm going to say is "If you don't play every mode don't come", but an open minded approach would be appreciated. It's an aging game with an ever diminishing population, I just want people to open their minds to the whole game. It keeps the game fresh, in my humble opinion.

End of rant :)

Knux_Chaotix
10th October 2013, 11:13 PM
Thats one of the best things about Ozone though. I like the chop and change with modes, speed classes etc. More challenging!! Shows you what areas you need to be improving on and ultimately its a good bloody laugh.

Tiduch
10th October 2013, 11:21 PM
I will try to show up.

Btw. How often is eliminator mode? :D:D:D

Cipher
10th October 2013, 11:24 PM
Awwww, probably wont make it this time, visiting the parents after their month vacation trip =/
And lol at the dig, fingers might be pointing at me :P, don't like elimini with too many players (2 or 3), i don't bitch about it though, i just find another lobby and return when i do, sry colonel ^^

Cipher

KronicReaper
10th October 2013, 11:40 PM
Let me know what the new ozone event will be held on what date? Just let me know. Thanks

Knux_Chaotix
11th October 2013, 12:37 AM
Kronic... It says it in the opening post... Read it again ^_^

DDD113
11th October 2013, 12:41 AM
I'm all for the switching of game modes. Like Knux said, it shows you where you need to improve. I may not be the best at all of the modes (or any of them! :)) but I welcome the challenge.

KronicReaper
11th October 2013, 12:52 AM
Ok I got it Knux. Thanks.

TheConzio
11th October 2013, 02:11 AM
Fantastic, I'm in.
But only for the early hours again, ozone starts at 8pm for me.

DDD113
11th October 2013, 03:46 AM
Just one suggestion as far as a game mode idea: could we run Grand Prix races i.e. 20 laps in Rapier/Phantom with weapons off? If so, I would also like to hear you guys' input on whether we should have barrel rolls on or off. If we were going for the true purity of the skill of the race, then it would probably be wise to turn them off, but then again, they can act like the push-to-pass buttons in F1 and Indycar, being used for a speed boost when needed. Anyway, I'm eager to hear your feedback!

KronicReaper
11th October 2013, 03:56 AM
Good thing for a 20 lap race on rapier or phantom speed class, but turning the weapons off I'll better just let that go for the time being.

DDD113
11th October 2013, 04:06 AM
Yeah, most people prefer weapons, and I'm not opposed to that. I guess that's just the Van-Uber in me showing. :P

"Then, citing the current teams' failure to "race the right way," Wolfgang Van Uber proceeded to create his own team in preparation for the upcoming F9000 league. Ironically, their ships were very advanced in weapons technology..."

Liod19
11th October 2013, 04:12 AM
So in for this and hopefully longer than last time.

ID_7of9
11th October 2013, 10:42 AM
Will be there, rapier only, no ph, no eliminator, no zone. Anyone wants to bitch about? LOL ... I'll host a room in the afternoon anyway. See you guys. :)

GekkoP
11th October 2013, 02:49 PM
I'll try my best to be in, but got family around next weekend.

onlykpop
11th October 2013, 04:42 PM
Will be there for Phantom only!

Mikahail
11th October 2013, 05:26 PM
Don't know if i could join, but I'll do what I can.

ericd7
11th October 2013, 06:27 PM
Thanks for organizing these meetings again ;) you can count me in.

KronicReaper
11th October 2013, 09:22 PM
Same here I just like to race and have a good time with you folks. Later.

DIXI200
13th October 2013, 09:42 AM
Not yet fly Phantom .. :dizzy :eek ... but I will try to be with you during the day

ID: DIXI200

marcingru
15th October 2013, 02:56 PM
Im also in ,

Rapier ,Flash , not sure about Phantom

Also 12 race rapier tournament sound very interesting :) :) im in!

Signed also for 20 laper :)
ID: marcingru

Regards Marcin

AGSys
16th October 2013, 10:47 AM
I might be able to get in on one or two of the races when I take breaks from studying for finals. Yeah I'm ready to give up Uni entrance for this game. Beat that! :P

Cipher
16th October 2013, 12:13 PM
i'll give you some advice CJ; don't, trust me :P
i've made a lot of terrible choices in life, 1 of which is setting my priorities wrongly :p
Although, if u simply dunno what to study yet, then yes, wait a year :)

Cipher

Aeralys
17th October 2013, 11:19 AM
Can't make this one im afraid. On Saturday I will be extremely hungover on a train back from Wales. I'm worried enough about all the motion sickness from the train let alone in Assegai or EG-X. :S

Rapier Racer
17th October 2013, 01:49 PM
Sweet I'll be there from 2.30pm till whenever I start falling asleep controller in hand lol

vlhad13
17th October 2013, 04:11 PM
so fun :hyper

Count me in :)

a pleasure to race with you guys :)

Colonel
17th October 2013, 10:30 PM
I'm really pleased to see the enthusiasm, looking forward to it. I'll be having a bit of a pre-Ozone warm up tomorrow evening if anybody's about, I'll be online with my Colonel__Gaddafi account. On Saturday I'll be using Erik_Ponti as usual, because that one still has a few friend spaces.

Cipher
18th October 2013, 12:01 AM
might make that friday warm up, although the warm up will be for nothing, but for what it's worth i'll try and join that at least ^^

Dunno if i have your colonel as a friend adam, but think i still have the ozone chat room, so i'll join that ;)

Cipher

Colonel
18th October 2013, 02:13 PM
Cool, I'll see you later then Cipher.

KronicReaper
19th October 2013, 12:35 AM
This is my first ozone on wipeout zone, it just for fun and have a good time tomorrow with you folks. See you on the starting grid. :+

Cipher
19th October 2013, 08:58 AM
didn't see you around adam :p will catch you some other time then ;), some great races yesterday everyone, thanks for joining in :)
Have fun at the ozone later today ;-)

Cipher

AGSys
19th October 2013, 10:06 AM
Godammit my TV was just hijacked for the whole day straight. I couldn't even go near any console games :(

fab0810
19th October 2013, 10:25 AM
I had to cut wood but ultimately it is canceled,
I spend this after noon:)

TheConzio
19th October 2013, 12:11 PM
Is it on now? :D I'm going to record again
Edit: its been an hour now where is everyone? (or is GMT on daylight savings?) Only scar and I are here

Colonel
19th October 2013, 02:25 PM
Well this is embarrassing. I've had a personal emergency, I'm just setting off to Warwick to see a friend who's been taken ill. Huge apologies to everybody for my no show today, I'm absolutely gutted. That said, you don't need me to have a good day, and I'm sure today will be a great success anyway. Again I'm really sorry, but some things have to take precedence if you know what I mean.

All the best,

Adam.

Knux_Chaotix
19th October 2013, 02:49 PM
Oh no Adam *hugs* hope things pick up and your friend is ok. Wont be the same without you.

DIXI200
19th October 2013, 04:00 PM
Hello
you have connection problems? I can not ...
I read about Psforum IT. that there is a problem! :(

scarfrogers
19th October 2013, 04:44 PM
Some great games!

Thought I had the knack of phantom but when the likes of pop and eric play I realise I have a lot 2 learn! Keep playing everyone :) even with the servers from Dodgeville

Rapier Racer
19th October 2013, 06:19 PM
I hope everything works out okay Adam. Hopefully see you next time.

Cipher
19th October 2013, 07:16 PM
Take care adam, hope your friend and you will be alright, and don't worry about the ozone, more of those to come ;)

Cipher

Ragsus Maxima
19th October 2013, 07:56 PM
I also say "Nice games". :)

And sorry to hear that, Adam. Take care the both of you.

Hellfire_WZ
20th October 2013, 08:07 AM
Bugger, tried to get on last night, but kept running into network errors. Looks like it wasn't to be...

Sorry to hear that Adam, as you say real life always has to take priority. All the best mate.

TheConzio
20th October 2013, 09:27 AM
Myz video ofz thez ozone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5hZLc4URGE&feature=youtu.be

Itz waz greatz funz.

Rapier Racer
20th October 2013, 09:45 AM
Yeah I saw that Charlie you were on and offline like a yoyo! Was hoping you were coming to join us, stupid network error :( Maybe next tme.

ericd7
20th October 2013, 08:18 PM
Nice WO sessions all along the week-end with full lobbies..was just great!
I wish your friend to feel better adam, and hope to see you all soon :)

GekkoP
21st October 2013, 08:41 AM
Damn, I missed cause of my stupid network. And of course yesterday was working fine. I hate it.

AGSys
21st October 2013, 08:45 AM
I hate school. I was so pumped up...only to find out that I had to do a 10 min speech and then practice it over the weekend. a freaking 10 min speech is just insane to me so I couldn't even go near any games. :(

DIXI200
21st October 2013, 10:24 AM
These are days that on-line stops, I hope for the next tournaments, it's all good.

TheConzio Thanks for the video and a salute to Colonel to be okay.

At the next grid
DIXI200

Colonel
21st October 2013, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the messages, everything's okay now. It seems there was an over reaction on my part, sounded a lot more serious than it was. In hindsight I should've stayed and raced, what can I say? Anyway enough of that, I'm glad it was a good day. I'll sort another out before Christmas, and I will be there come hell or high water.

Cheers,

Adam.