PDA

View Full Version : Sony trademarks “Psygnosis”

Sausehuhn
3rd October 2013, 03:37 PM
Maybe I’m being a bit too optimistic posting this in the „WipEout Future“ forum, but anyway, it’s worth noting.

Read the story here (http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/01/sony-trademarks-psygnosis-see-the-filing-here/).

Knux_Chaotix
3rd October 2013, 03:49 PM
It would be good to see the return of Psygnosis, but Im not sure things would be the same. I also highly doubt a return is likely. We can hope though.

TheConzio
3rd October 2013, 03:52 PM
All we can do is hope.

Mikahail
3rd October 2013, 04:52 PM
Like it was said in comments, it could be related to the relaunch of Shadow of the Beast. It also could be good news for the WipEout franchise. But, at the time, all we can do is to speculate. I hope we'll hear more infos soon.

stin
3rd October 2013, 06:41 PM
We will find out eventually.....:)

stevie:)

DDD113
15th October 2013, 10:06 PM
I like the optimism of posting it here, Sausehuhn. With Sony, you never know, and it did say that they were "pretty far along" with the development of the planned PS4 WipEout. Let's hope and wait! :)

AGSys
16th October 2013, 07:25 AM
"Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane, you hear?" That's God's quote when he was in prison.

MF references aside, I'm just too torn apart from the past to hope for anything like that. But I guess I'll just wait cautiously in the corner. e__e

DDD113
16th October 2013, 09:36 PM
True words there, AGSys. We'll see in time what happens to the franchise, I'm not expecting anything, but at least there's a slim chance.

terra-wrists
29th March 2014, 06:03 PM
I found this and its interesting, not sure if its been posted before but take a look anyhow:

The Getaway or Wipeout for PS4 prospect resurfaces

By Peter Chubb Posted 17 Feb 2014, 09:56

A recent job listing for Sony London Studio has got PS4 owners rather excited because of a new racing game. It’s been known for a while that the studio was working on several new games for the PlayStation 4, but to get a huge hint like this that one of them will be a new racer is awesome.

The Getaway or Wipeout for PS4 prospect resurfaces

The reason why this news is a positive one is due to the fact that the PS4 lacks racing games, although we have to remember that the console is still very new. We were promised Driveclub at launch, but a series of issues forced its release date to be delayed.

Possible titles for the new PS4 racing game – Since the job listingasked for a Senior Artist to work on a new PlayStation 4 title to work on an environment and vehicle assets it has led to a great deal of speculation as to what new game this could be,

Two possibilities are The Getaway and Wipeout, although there are other options, such as Twisted Metal, a Kinetica reboot or even a completely new IP.

Take a look at this job listing here: http://www.playstationjobs.co.uk/vacancy/858-Senior-Artist&page=1

Psygnosis trademarked, rumours of a new driving game that's not DriveClub... hmmm...

possesed13
29th March 2014, 09:04 PM
PS4: Firesprite Would Like To Make New Wipeout

Paul Walker

With ex-Sony Liverpool developers in their midst, Firesprite say they'd like to make a new Wipeout.

Published on Dec 6, 2013

Unfortunately, Sony Liverpool, developers of the Wipeout series are no more, but, with a number of their ex-employees working at Sony studio Firestorm, the developer says they would like to make a new Wipeout game.

"Some of the team have worked on games even going back before Studio Liverpool to Psygnosis: Shadow of the Beast, Lemmings and then into Rollcage, Colony Wars and all the games that represented the historic slice of the north-west development scene," Firesprite's Graeme Ankers told Eurogamer.

"When we looked back at all that we looked at all the platform launches we'd done - PSone, PS2, PSP, PS3 and Vita, it was in our DNA to come up with those kind of experiences and do stuff for platform launches."

Indeed, the Wipeout games have always provided an excellent showcase for the capabilities of the hardware that they're on, so the prospect of a PS4 version of Wipeout is an appealing one.

Ankers evidently feels the same, responding in the affirmative when quizzed as to whether the studio would like to work on a new Wipeout, given Firesprite's lineage and connection to the series.

"I'm sure you can probably guess what the answer from me and team is!" Ankers said.

"But it's more of a question for the Sony guys and Shuhei [Yoshida] rather than me! It holds a special place. It's one of those things - a game part of what happened and shaped the north-west development scene."

Come on then, Yoshida, let's get these guys working on a new Wipeout!

Wish it happens!!

WikEv_512
30th March 2014, 01:17 AM
Yesterday I dreamed I was playing a new WipEout on PS4... Was this a prediction ? I HOPE SO !!!

PS: If you want I can describe my dream.... xD

BTW, on the Firesprite's facebook page, when the devs post something ( about The Playroom ), the only comments they get are about a new WipEout on PS4. They always like these comments. I don't know if it's me, but if they didn't want to make another WipEout they could say "Sorry guys, WipEout is over, time for others games" or something like that... Yes I know it could sounds ridiculous, but why not ? ^^

keg_11
30th March 2014, 11:05 AM
Well, if there is a new Wipeout to be announced, I'm prepared!

http://wipeout.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Unreleased (Made it during the Wipeout Deceit hoax)

possesed13
30th March 2014, 11:36 AM
wipeout on ps4 has high expectation by me... and not only!
after HD chaos....
i think the guys that created it know it and know also that they
have to rise the level once more....
i have no doubt that they can do it!
hopefully we 'll see!
:)

docfo4r
30th March 2014, 07:15 PM
If there will be a new WipEout I'd finally buy a PS4 :D

Jonny
8th April 2014, 02:01 PM
I actually really hope ther is no WipEout on the PS4 (but any othe systems), beacuse I WILL lose a lot of money ;)

terra-wrists
8th April 2014, 06:58 PM
seconded... I promised Stevie that I'd buy a vita (delaying that for as long as possible in the hopes a PS3 wipeout is announced, so I can buy the PS4 instead)

*runs from Stevie :D

PureSpeed7
8th June 2014, 04:58 PM
They would only want to trademark it if they were going to bring it back! I really hope wipeout makes a return!:P

stinkleroy
8th June 2014, 08:21 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the trademark was acquired on 25th September 2013? That's a pretty special date as it's exactly 5 years since the release of HD. Spooky! ;)

blackwiggle
9th June 2014, 12:04 AM
I think the most likely reason that they re registered the name Psygnosis is so they can sell the use of the games via Playstation NOW.
The original registration might only have covered sales of the games in certain areas, and might need additional registration to cover this usage for the same games outside of the original.
Or possibly the original name might of been running out of copyright protection from when it was first lodged many years ago, before Sony acquired the company.

Playstation NOW will be a downloadable game rental feature [why anybody would want to download a game for only a short usage time has got me scratching my head]
These are the games being trialled in the latest round of BETA testing.

Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear
LUMINES: Supernova
NIGHTS Into Dreams
Retro/Grade
Sacred Citadel
Saints Row: The Third
Skullgirls Encore
Sniper Elite V2
Puppeteer
Eat Them!
PixelJump Racers 2nd Lap
PixelJunk Shooter 2