PDA

View Full Version : Is Pulse easier to Emulate than Fusion?

DDD113
29th September 2013, 10:00 PM
Hello folks. I have begun to emulate WipEout Fusion on my PC with PCSX2, but the speed is very wacky, always fast, slow, fast, slow. I was just wondering if the PS2 version of Pulse is easier to emulate/runs smoother than Fusion?

blackwiggle
30th September 2013, 10:46 PM
I haven't emulated PULSE, but I do know the PS2 version of PULSE had it's own problems which FUSION doesn't suffer, that's because the the conversion from PSP to PS2 wasn't done by Studio Liverpool, they were busy making FURY at the time.

You can read through the posts in this thread on PULSE PS2 version, look for posts by Darkdrium777 as he is reporting his experiences using emulation [PCSX2]
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?6322-Playing-Pulse-on-PS2-right-now/page2

For what it's worth, I think the best reported way to play PURE & PULSE has been using the downloaded versions from the PStore and using PSP emulation.

Wow, I just hit 3000 posts

DDD113
1st October 2013, 03:10 AM
I agree, I have PSP emulated Pure and Pulse, too, but since I am in the US, I cannot get the download packs unless I get the PS2 version. I'll take a look at the link though, and thanks for your feedback.

All the best,

DDD113

blackwiggle
1st October 2013, 06:36 AM
I don't know why the PULSE DLC has never been released in the USA, and I don't know of any reason coming from Sony why that happened.

Have you ever thought of opening a UK based PStore account under another user name on your PS3? [assuming you have a PS3]
You would need to use a different email address than the current one you use for your US PStore account [use Gmail], plus a legit UK address [easy to find with Google]

Then buy a UK PStore fund card online for how ever much you need, you don't even have to wait to get the card in the mail, you can get the details of the card's code sent via email.
http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames/sony-playstation-network-cards/?gclid=CNrI0aaB9bkCFQpepQodelAAoQ

Then you could download the UK versions of the original Wipeout + PURE + PULSE and all of PULSE's DLC directly from the UK PStore.[ I think you would want to get the UK/PAL versions of all the games to save problems switching between the US NTSC versions you have already if you are running them under emulation, only one set of settings needed]
Ask somebody in the UK what the UK price is for each game, plus each of PULSES 4 DLC bundles so you know what price UK PStore card to get to cover it.

I imagine for a lot less than you would pay for a secondhand copy of a PS2 version of PULSE, that's if you could even find one, they seem to be very scarce.

Darkdrium777
1st October 2013, 07:19 PM
I've done both, and observed the same thing with Fusion. Pulse runs considerably better and smoother, there are only the artifacts I already mentioned somewhere else with shadows and displaced bloom effects (a few pixels off in X and Y axis from their supposed points of origin).

You can see a video of Pulse PS2 on PCSX2 I made here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AprVKuxbyN4), you will see the shadows glitch out under the ships and if you look closely you will see the issue with bloom (very minor in comparison).

DDD113
2nd October 2013, 01:00 AM
Alright, thanks for all the feedback guys. I will look into these options and see which one I can pursue.

Thanks again,

DDD113