PDA

View Full Version : I DID IT! - Syncopia online multiplayer

Cipher
29th September 2013, 02:04 PM
Didn't take long at all either, only like 6 tries or so!, of course nobody is online right now >.<

So join in noawwwww!!!! :D
will be hosting it for as long as i get no network error :p

(posted 29th september - 14:30 GMT+1)

Cipher

- - - Updated - - -

I have to disappoint! i messed up and lost it (i'm an idiot, i know) >.>
will keep this thread for in case i manage to do it again :p

Nr14 on the leader boards here now

scarfrogers
29th September 2013, 06:21 PM
Man can't believe I missed it !

Cipher
29th September 2013, 11:52 PM
you missed it because i was an idiot and messed it up, would've kept hosting it otherwise -_-
it's funny, because i did it twice in a row as well

here's the vid, includes getting the glitch;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo5VrMRNaZk

Cipher

kleidoscopik_1er
16th October 2013, 04:45 PM
Will you host other races on syncopia in a near futur?
I'd like to try that, it could be fun :)

Cipher
16th October 2013, 05:03 PM
I've been trying from time to time, but it's being a pain in the butt :P
It's funny how i had it 2 times in a row that time lol
It's easy to achieve in single player, but multiplayer seems to be so random >.<

If i do manage to get it though, this will prolly be the first place to hear about it ;)

Cipher

DIXI200
18th October 2013, 09:32 AM
Hello Cipher last night I saw you go, I wanted to offer you a cup of coffee, but you guy always go very quickly ... next time wait 34 seconds so we can meet :g

Cipher
18th October 2013, 10:53 AM
Had lots of works to do (still have lots) and was making dinner and what not, wanted to invite you over into the chat, but u went off before i had the chance :p
And keep practicing your phantom ^^

Cipher

Cipher
7th November 2013, 01:58 AM
well, i found an easier way of getting this glitch (no need to select the track and swap to an adjacent track and back), you can just go to the track selection, hover on TDR r, then press back fo the stings, then back to track selection and repeat
i actually had it earlier today, but the repeat part got automated and i pressed circle to go back -_-

Will keep you posted if i get it again, since it is now less tedious :p

Cipher

docfo4r
7th November 2013, 09:05 PM
Hey Cipher, keep it up. Seems like you are about to crack the nut of how to get to this glitch more accurate.

Btw, have you guys ever noticed that there were some strange world records also for Mallavol [i think it was single race aswell] in the leaderboards? I haven't checked it for ages and dunno if they are still there. This once again makes me wonder if it is possible to glitch out the remaining 3 Zone tracks aswell... ?!?!

JFthebestJan
7th November 2013, 10:31 PM
hey cipher, could you make a video which shows exactly the process of getting the glitch done with your 'new' method plz? i've tried for several minutes and had no success at all. it never happened to me, i don't know, if im doing it wrong or if it is just random ****...

Cipher
7th November 2013, 10:35 PM
Doc! how you been? ^^ SSGX coming along nicely, just saw the vid on the youtubes ;) keep it up!

As for this glitch, i've been trying a good while yesterday, but didn't work out, so it's still completely random lol, don't seem to find a pattern for it either :p
Derpy wipeout with it's funky bugs.
And i saw that as well, but i have no clue how it could happen, i've never seen any other track than TDRr get replaced, so i wouldn't hope for it, but it makes me wonder as well, gotta see that code hé doc? :D

Cipher

- - - Updated - - -

Will do JF, just for you <3
although the random state of this glitch, cant promise i'll get it form the get go though, but the method works ;)

Cipher

docfo4r
8th November 2013, 07:36 AM
Thanks.
Am doing ok, enjoying [enjoyed] a free week before the big exams come up on Xmas :P How about you?

I tried it before, this glitch, and one time I had some sort of choice-combination that led me into this bug 100%.... but it was gone after restarting my PS3. So, I dunno... Maybe it is indeed just a random bug and there is no path leading to it other than the randomness. I gotta try some stuff today to see if other tracks can be glitched like this. But tbh I highly doubt it, I mean... If it is possible, there must be some sort of evidence on the internet I think.

Cipher
8th November 2013, 09:36 AM
Baah, busy with college, slavery i tell ya :P, but doing fine apart from that, thx :)

And lol these funky combination things, this game man, this game.... i'd love to think there's a secret path behind it all, but it is soooooo inconsistent i just think it's a random thing to do with rounding errors of double to float conversion, wouldn't know what else in code that oculd make this thing happen :p

As for the other zone tracks, i dunno man, if there's time records on it, there must be a way i guess ^^

Cipher

- - - Updated - - -

and sry for the double post, but here's the vid/method JF ;-)
lobby settings and ship selection shouldn't matter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYJFloXN_iM&feature=youtu.be

Cipher

JFthebestJan
8th November 2013, 01:29 PM
thx for your efforts, but it still doesn't work for me. do you know if it has something to do with the version of the game that is used? i.e. blu-ray version or hdd version? or is it the version of PS3 that is used (fat;slim;superslim)? another possible solution could be the order of installing the updates. i.e. it is possible to install the fury pack before and after version 2.10... it is really confusing.

edit: i'll ask my medicine man, maybe it's just some kind of voodoo involved ;)
edit2: the nsa should know the solution, i mean they know everthing about everthing :D

docfo4r
8th November 2013, 01:55 PM
XD lol Jan :D

Ok I am also trying to do get this glitch now. I know that it is possible to do this glitch with only jumping the screens [without changing tracks], but the changing tracks method always worked faster for me...

Cipher
8th November 2013, 02:42 PM
LOL jan XD, i have the retail version of the game if it matters, but i don't think it does, don't think it's got anything to do with the PS3 model either i really don't know lol, probably voodo :D
are you trying it in online or single player jan?

And good luck doc! XD

Cipher

docfo4r
8th November 2013, 02:51 PM
So I tried it for singleplayer for a while now but haven't had any luck. But I found something interesting in the leaderboards.

There shouldn't be any race times on the 4 zone tracks unless in Zone and Detonator mode, right? Now we know there are race times from ppl on Syncopia. But there are more:

Mallavol -> SpeedLap [Venom] -> 1 entry by "neam8"
Mallavol -> Single Race [Flash] -> 1 entry by "kingtriforce"
Mallavol -> Multiplayer Race [Venom] -> 1544 entries [entries 1534-1540 are deleted]
Corridon 12 -> Multiplayer Race [Venom] -> 1331 entries [entries 1327-1330 are deleted, the first entries have a time of 0.00.00]

It is strange for me that there are 3 different race setups all on Mallavol. I dunno if that is only a bug in the leaderboards or if a few very lucky people indeed achieved a glitch race on this track, maybe even without really realizing that this is a glitch. Also it looks like it is working better on low speed classes but that I can't confirm.

JFthebestJan
8th November 2013, 04:06 PM
i've tried both, online & offline, but still no success. i've ps3 slim and the psn version of the game. i must admit that i stopped trying after several minutes.
@ docfo4r: i believe that the venom times are somehow related to zonebattle mode, but i could be wrong of course

docfo4r
8th November 2013, 04:27 PM
Hmmm dunno, could be right. But then I wonder why there is no data of Pro Tozo.

Btw: Slim version aswell + HD/Fury BluRay version

Cipher
8th November 2013, 05:03 PM
Kleidoscope asked that i do an indepth guide for getting this glitch, so will add some live commentary to a recording when i'm going for the glitch ;)

And that's quite a few entries doc, 1544 enties for multiplayer, is more entries than there are in syncopia, maybe it was a thing before some patch and since the patch, it happens less often, but when it does, it no longer happens with mallavol but with syncopia instead? just guessing here :p

@jan i can get it pretty consistent in single player (at least i used to, haven't tried single player much lately), so will give that a go first again ;-)

Cipher

docfo4r
8th November 2013, 05:17 PM
I wonder if we maybe need to do something once the glitch appears in the track selection screen, other than confirming. What I know is that if you have the glitch on the track selection and you move the cursor to another track, you can't go back to the glitched entry.

multibodydynamics
8th November 2013, 09:58 PM
You can move the cursor after pressing back. That is how I got the glitch to work. I have both HDD and disc version and they both work. Old or new patch dont matter. I have spoken to kingtriforce over PSN and he doesn't know how his time got on that list unfortunately. You have to be very patient to get this glitch to work. Sometimes it can take 20 minutes or more. Once Syncopia appears you just press confirm.

docfo4r
9th November 2013, 07:39 AM
Hmm so maybe it is only a false entry in the leaderboards and there is no Mallavol glitch.

JFthebestJan
9th November 2013, 11:13 AM
i got it yesterday for single player, i used ciphers method. global 3rd ;) venom speedlap

amplificated
9th November 2013, 11:24 AM
This glitch is interesting; it would be great to be able to access the other Zone-only tracks in other modes. People probably have had this line of thinking before, but anyway:

It may be a case of interrupted loading of internal names for tracks. Given TDR is the last "normal" track and Syncopia is the last Zone track in order of listing, part of those internal names may match up, in which case Syncopia is loaded in place of TDR. Perhaps it's merely a matter of trial and error of the same glitch attempted on another track, perhaps Vineta K or Talon's Junction, that will open up Mallavol.

Perhaps the Fury tracks may be a better place to start as they were included with the Zone-only tracks and are perhaps more likely to have a closer link.

Cipher
9th November 2013, 01:01 PM
Congratz jan!!!!! :D

@amplificated, it's probably got nothing to do with the name, usually in code, names are just a string that get printed to the screen and don't affect the loading of different variables, if only i could see the code lol, i'd go and check it out :D
I tried for half an hour yesterday, but it simply didn't want to work out this time lol, i wonder if the time has something to do with it :p

Cipher

docfo4r
9th November 2013, 01:21 PM
I tried it just now. Got Syncopia three times but it took quite a while.

When I got it first, I simply went back to the menu before and confirmed again, and it was gone. So, I guess we can confirm that going to the previous menu will only "delete" the glitch.
When I got it the second time, I set the cursor to other tracks. Well, obviously I could not return to that Syncopia entry. I selected Amphiseum backwards, since it is 2 jumps left from the Syncopia glitch [Mallavol is 2 jumps left from Syncopia]. But well, Amphiseum loaded as it should. When I then got back into the menu I jumped right to the track selection screen, the glitch was still there. I selected Amphiseum backwards again to see if the glitch would remain there now. But after going back to the menu from the race, it was gone.

amplificated
9th November 2013, 01:26 PM
Congratz jan!!!!! :D

@amplificated, it's probably got nothing to do with the name, usually in code, names are just a string that get printed to the screen and don't affect the loading of different variables

I know, but that code still functions as a name. For example, you know me as amplificated, but my family know me by another name. Chances are that string of code is not entirely random, and that's what I'm getting at, basically.

docfo4r
9th November 2013, 01:52 PM
Do we have a list of WipEout programmers? Let's ask em if they know what could cause the glitch :D

JFthebestJan
9th November 2013, 01:56 PM
i did it again after just 2!!! tries. what i did: shut down ps3, reboot it; start up wipeout and trying ciphers method (ps3 wasn't connected to internet); just 2 tries and it worked. i haven't been able to reproduce since lol.
damn funky glitch :)

docfo4r
9th November 2013, 02:19 PM
XDDD

Two tries is awesome, never happened that fast for me. Good to know that, though, so it is also not connected to long runtimes of WOHD or the PS3.

JFthebestJan
9th November 2013, 02:57 PM
new WR syncopia TT venom :D

edit: join now!
online eliminator phantom syncopia!!!!!!!!!! :D
no 1 interested?
edit2: sry, connection issues
edit3: it seems i can do it now quite successfully :D
ciphers method works wonders, when done after booting up the ps3

edit4: up & running again online eliminator syncopia target 200 = 40 lap endurance race

Cipher
9th November 2013, 06:22 PM
LOL Jan be having fun! XD
i'm on a visit at the parents' this weekend, so can't join ya, but have fun! glad you're getting lucky with it :)

Gratz on the records as well :p

Cipher

XxSuperRyugaxX
11th November 2013, 12:39 PM
Cipher, time ago I used your way too :D but I never got Syncopia, only with the mode of selecting the track and going left right ecc...
Anyway this bug is sooo random.. sometimes it take 40 secs, and sometimes you need a life for get it!
For Mallavol and the other tracks, maybe you have to repeat the same glitch but with another tracks, like the Amphiseum, Modesto ecc.. I don't think that is a leaderboard bug..
And anyway I think that this bug has been implemented voluntarily.. it's so strange!

JFthebestJan
11th November 2013, 01:59 PM
well, if we share the work to find the last 3 'hidden' tracks, maybe we will find them faster. im sure it's possible to get access to them somehow. im concentrating on moa fwd + talons fwd + sebenco rev right now. so it would be smart, if everyone chooses different tracks to find the 'stargate' ;)

docfo4r
11th November 2013, 02:14 PM
XD.

Well I don't wanna discourage anyone... But I also tried these methods before and what happened is that at one time the Tech De Ra reverse version had the empty symbol again [like when the Syncopia glitch happened] and I could not select it. So I'm not sure if other tracks can be really achieved the same way.

But that doesn't mean that I won't try it and it also doesn't mean giving up on the subject^^ I'll take care of Amphiseum fwd and rev.

Cipher
11th November 2013, 04:06 PM
LOL implemented voluntarily XD
I doubt that strongly lol, would be a nice troll move of the coders though ^^

And yeah, it's just another method, i think it's faster for multiplayer, since you don't have to wait for the "applying settings" stuff, there's 3methods as far as i know ;)
And no clue about malavol, this whole thingy is such a funny thing :P

but don't you think it's odd NOBODY has seen the glitch happen on another track, not even when they weren't on it, not once =/

Cipher

JFthebestJan
11th November 2013, 05:01 PM
tech de ra and syncopia both have 8 letters! just coincidence? think about it...

Cipher
11th November 2013, 05:04 PM
a space also counts as a character in a string Jan :P
So yes, coincidence LOL, so funny how we keep trying to find a reason for it XD

Cipher

docfo4r
11th November 2013, 05:54 PM
XDDD that with the letters was cool :D
But well, every way of looking on it helps.

Tech De Ra reverse is the last track if you pick any racemode except Zone, Zone Battle & Detonator. Syncopia is the last track if you have Zone modes on. So it could really be just the fact that WOHD somehow messes up the number of last possible track for the current race mode.
But if that theory would contain truth, then I wonder why it is even possible that Syncopia shows up on the Tech De Ra reverse spot. I mean, when you have those 4 Zone tracks active, the reverse spots are empty. Wouldn't it make more "sense" for that glitch if instead of Syncopia, just emptyness shows up?
Or does that mean that the 4 unavailable cells [the reverse ones for the 4 zone tracks] are actually "containing" the Zone tracks, forward setup but you only just can't access them?

Cipher
12th November 2013, 02:09 AM
This dam glitch man, driving us crazy :P, got no clue why that's the case doc, but it is inded odd, the forward zone tracks show up on the reverse slot of the normal tracks >.<
As for getting it, i'm starting to think it's time related, but i might just be losing my mind LOL

Blue seemed to have a ton of luck getting the glitch 4 times in a row yesterday lol

Cipher

DDD113
12th November 2013, 02:42 AM
Hey guys, interesting conversations here, and you have me very intrigued about this glitch. I was wondering if you have a tutorial video of how to do it in single player, Cipher. (I'm not very good with written instructions, lol :)) Also, if I may propose such a radical idea, do you think it is possible that this version of Syncopia was thrown in on purpose by the developers, as a reward for the hardcore players who might run across it? I know that sounds crazy, but it just seems weird, I mean, how would the game even know how to texture a Zone track for single races, let alone that cool city background, it just seems to work to well to be an all out glitch. You would think there would be some incompatibility somewhere, between Zone and the other modes, and the track and ships themselves. I know I sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I just don't see any other way, maybe it was just a nice little present from SL. ;)

Cipher
12th November 2013, 03:24 AM
the track texture in zone mode is a shader, i'm guessing when playing it in non-zone mode, the shader doesn't activate and you just get a black texture, nothing too special about that :p
And lol, i really highly doubt it was on purpose, why would you intentionally create a glitch in your game, giving the possibility of your customers to be confused, thinking their game is broken or sth ^^
I still think it's a happy coincidence that this all works out :D
As for that tutorial, i will DDD, kleo asked the same, but i couldn't get it last time (randomness grrrrr), going to try again after my food ;-)

Cipher

Cipher
12th November 2013, 06:27 AM
For the people who request a tutorial, here you go ;) ;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i0q-9EjgSE

Cipher

docfo4r
12th November 2013, 01:48 PM
Haa thx for the video Cipher :) I hope more ppl will notice this glitch now and try some stuff^^

Cipher
12th November 2013, 04:44 PM
Hehe, no problem ^^, my pleasure :)

And yeah, maybe, just maybe we'll see someone on one of the other tracks, i still doubt it though :P

Cipher

docfo4r
12th November 2013, 04:45 PM
Me too, actually. But never give up hopes and dreams, right? :D

Anyways, your video inspired me. Will also do a video on the weekend with some more analysis. Let's squeeze every digit of information out of this glitch at least!!

Cipher
12th November 2013, 05:19 PM
Haha, collect all the rumors! :D
Jan said earlier on PSN he gets it easier when pressign circle 4 times to go back from ship selection to track selection ^^
Oh wipeout, you so funny :p

Can't wait to see what you come up with doc ;)

Cipher
ps gnight folks :p

JFthebestJan
12th November 2013, 10:26 PM
look at this photos. i never noticed before that the ghost has actually a different skin than the ship you're using :)
it says: lighting the way / holocorp / holobot

Cipher
13th November 2013, 12:30 AM
haha, never noticed that either, cool find :D
And is it me, or holos normally green?

Cipher

kleidoscopik_1er
13th November 2013, 12:39 AM
I had some fun on syncopia today, thx to Cipher :).
I did some Phantom and rapier SL. 50min to start a phantom SL: i get the glitch once but pressing X to join syncopia didn't worked, then i get it again for a total of 50min trying it.
For rapier SL, it took me 1h30 to get the glitch.... :/
I was motivated XD .

Anyway, i noticed that when you press circle on the track selection screen, you can quicly see the track name, "tech de ra", changing for what i recognized as syncopia.
You can see that if you press circle fast.
Did anyone noticed that too?

Cipher
13th November 2013, 12:48 AM
^i thought i saw that as well, but figured i was losing my mind, but seems i'm not alone on that thought after all :P
And glad you got it to work kleido :)

Cipher

docfo4r
13th November 2013, 04:04 AM
Whoa kleido if that is true.... Gotta check it out later today :)

EDIT: Checked, but I didn't see anything. "TECH DE RA" you mean? The one underneath the track video? That letters aren't animated for me. Or is this also a rare case thingy that it changes to Syncopia? :D

Anyways, I should mention for the sake of completion that this Syncopia bug has two "faces" when it shows up. Dunno if anyone recognized it before. Sometimes when you have the Snycopia glitch, all info on the track selection screen are about Syncopia [except the actual cell symbol of course], but sometimes, Syncopia shows up and the Tech De Ra track video is still running above the track name...

yeldar2097
13th November 2013, 10:34 AM
Pre 2.51 Syncopia <3.

I'll upload an online race too I remember the room was full for about 3 days straight when it happened first time around. Some great races :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWX-Ezi9I5U

Cipher
13th November 2013, 05:27 PM
hehe, if it were possible i'd keep hosting the syncopia race as well, leaving the ps3 on, but we all know that's no longer possible with the damn network errors nowadays >.< (and automatic starting would take a long time if there isn't many folks)

And watched your speed lap recently on syncopia yeldar, IIRC, from my tries, you can barrel roll on the first hill if you hit the boost just before the finish line (no sideshift needed), don't know if it's worth it though :p

Cipher

DDD113
13th November 2013, 08:45 PM
Has anyone made this glitch work on the NTSC game? I don't know if there is a difference, but I'm having no luck. :(

yeldar2097
13th November 2013, 09:16 PM
don't know if it's worth it though

It's not ;)

JFthebestJan
13th November 2013, 09:42 PM
Rezatron is from canada, so i guess he has ntsc too

Zzonkmiles
14th November 2013, 01:34 AM
Watching that video made me realize I will NEVER be a competitive enough racer to beat most of you guys. Your technique and barrel rolling skills are INCREDIBLE.

amplificated
14th November 2013, 04:19 AM
Has anyone made this glitch work on the NTSC game?

Essentially, there is no such thing as PAL or NTSC with the PS3. HD standards don't require either, and games generally aren't recreated on a per-region basis. Any changes would be purely superficial - basically just language packs, and absolutely not actual game code.

docfo4r
14th November 2013, 09:36 AM
I agree that there is no difference for that glitch depending on regional distribution areas. And I also think we can exemt all hardware-related stuff like PSN or disc version, old or slim PS3 etc. aswell. Guess it is a "pure" [lol] software/code thingy.

Cipher
14th November 2013, 01:07 PM
FYI, there's an online syncopia room going right now, hosted by piano_practice ;-)
EDIT; he crashed, now hosted by me :P

Cipher

docfo4r
14th November 2013, 02:05 PM
Am approaching ... :D

multibodydynamics
14th November 2013, 03:16 PM
I'll be home within an hour. Keep the room going! :D

Cipher
14th November 2013, 04:54 PM
the lobby derped eventually :p
everybody kept freezing or error'd out, gotta love wipeout connections ^^

Cipher

JFthebestJan
16th November 2013, 08:27 PM
several players asked me how i get the glitch done 'so quickly'.

so here is exactly what i do:
1. start ps3; sign in to psn; start wipeout hd
2. wait until you logged in to the wipeout server
3. select racebox; select X mode and X speedclass
4. select tech de ra reverse; select the ship you want to use, BUT DO NOT START THE EVENT!
5. press CIRCLE-button
6. back in track selection spam X-button until the game accepts your input (the screen will microfreeze for a few milliseconds)
7. back in ship selection spam CIRCLE-button until the game accepts your input (the screen will microfreeze for a few milliseconds)
8. rinse and repeat the steps 6-7, try to be as quick as possible with your spam movement!
9. if you've no success after 5-10 minutes, restart your ps3 and repeat the above steps.

docfo4r
17th November 2013, 01:01 AM
You can also change between track selection and race setup screen. The actual changing of the screens happens faster here, so you have more tries in the same amount of time ;)

XxSuperRyugaxX
25th November 2013, 01:12 PM
Useless bug:
If you notice, the panel of "Vineta K" is higher than "Tech De Ra". If you select Vineta K and then you switch to Tech just a little little little before applying the changes and then turn back to the select track, you'll sometimes notice that the panel of Tech is higher than Vineta

JFthebestJan
25th November 2013, 02:45 PM
yeah, i noticed that too, but it has nothing to do with the glitch, unfortunately ;)

terra-wrists
25th November 2013, 05:18 PM
I raced this on flash recently. FUN!!!