PDA

View Full Version : Wip3out Demo Review

Hybrid Divide
7th June 2003, 08:26 AM
Today, I got a demo version of Wip3out from a friend who had a bunch of old Playstation Magazine discs. When I played it I found many differences between the demo and the full version.

The Playstation Magazine menu had a screenshot of 2097 instead of WO 3 :lol:

Track: Stanza Inter
Class: Vector
Craft: FEISAR

Things I noticed.
Curly's voice is different in the demo, it's higher pitched and a bit harder to understand.
(I'll record a clip of the curly voice and post it up here in a few days)
The weapon grids flash different colors than in the final.
The Assegai craft is in it's original blue color scheme.
Some of the weapon icons are different.
Rockets (and missiles, I think) fire 3 THREE instead of the normal two, and it fires them all at the same time, (just like in 2097 fashion)
There is no sound effect for going through the checkpoints.
No clue about the contrails since I was on venom and couldn't get going fast enough.

And that's about it off the top of my head. Just thought you guys might want to hear about it since it's so different! :D Happy racing everyone!

Medusa
22nd March 2008, 01:26 AM
I knew someone else would have this!! I just got it this week, popped it in and fired it up. Sweet - my first time playing PAL Wip3out, though just the demo anyway!

Trying to play with analog after so long with a neggie, ooo that is ugly. Anyway I managed a silver medal with FEISAR on Stanza, then the screen gives you a "Tip" for the full game. It tells you to hold down Start and hit any button at the main screen and you will get a faster ship to use. I wonder if that ever made it? Never tried that. Anyone else?

Anyways, the Wip3out demo on the disc doesn't let you return to the disc main menu without rebooting the console. So I had to race again.:g *addict*

It gave me a Goteki45 (still on Stanza). Painful! I couldn't get above 8th in the few races I gave it. Still, I am wondering, does the demo give more ships than these two? If so, then I've found a new challenge for myself: how many ships can I get to in one day?:g

Lance
22nd March 2008, 01:48 AM
If only you'd gotten it on June 7th. :)

Hillo
22nd March 2008, 09:19 AM
Only the feisar and Goteki 45 ships are available, after beating the demo with Goteki 45 it gives you a cheat of some sort. It shouldn't take long to beat, Stanza is an easy track.

Medusa
22nd March 2008, 09:21 PM
Good to know, thanks. (There goes any motivation to fire up the demo again, lol.) Nothing quite like getting the demo of a game nearly a decade after its release...I am still a bit surprised that I found one after all this time. A good addition to my collection.

username
20th May 2008, 01:52 PM
Another difference is this:
when autopilot disengages, the icon flashes faster than in the final release. And if you go to www.thedesignersrepublic.com and look at there wip3out wapon icons, there are some uncommon icons there.