PDA

View Full Version : GTA V Anyone?

Knux_Chaotix
17th September 2013, 02:37 PM
So I may have queued for it at midnight last night, but I couldnt help myself :P Special Edition and a Blimp, I'm more than happy. Anyone who lives in/travels to Edinburgh will have seen the MASSIVE poster outside the Rockstar North building (its only 15 mins from my house ^_^) Anyone else bothered to get GTA V? Or is anyone planning on getting it?

Hellfire_WZ
17th September 2013, 06:49 PM
I'm gonna hold out for a potential PS4 or PC release. Sounds like it'll be worth it though with all the reaction to the game! :)

Richochet
17th September 2013, 08:32 PM
I'll get it for sure if the PC port is decent. As for the game, I'm sure the campaign will be entertaining, but I'm actually looking forward to the multiplayer more.

KronicReaper
18th September 2013, 02:02 PM
Game of the Year for Spike TV VGA's this year I think, I'll hope its takes the title.

Synergy2048
19th September 2013, 07:15 PM
I just got mine, and It's awsome, and I've only seen half of the stuff in it so far.:+

Also can't wait for multiplayer, including the beta for BF4 in October

blackwiggle
20th September 2013, 06:59 AM
I'd hold out for a PS4 version if you can.
I bought the PS3 version on release day, and well not having ever played a GTA game before I was expecting amazing things from all the hype it was getting.
I think underwhelmed would be a fair description of my brief experience with it so far, the graphics aren't that hot with visible tearing, and it all looks kind of washed out to me, but the most annoying thing so far is the stupidly mixed coloured text that are supposed to highlight certain words on screen when you read your mission objectives, they chose a very light blue for this, add this to a already washed out palette of colours. :rolleyes:

Even getting up out of my seat and putting my face 12" away from the TV, on a 46" Sony HD screen, this light blue text is illegible.

They spend 280 million building and promoting the game and small dumb design choices like that are allowed to happen.

Aeralys
21st September 2013, 11:32 PM
Loved GTA III and Vice City, GTA IV Bored the hell out of me, GTA V looks great, but I'm more excited for Pokémon X and Y

So I haven't got it.

I think that sums it up.

Lol.

Knux_Chaotix
22nd September 2013, 02:09 AM
I'm still hard playing it. Loving every second of it. Mechanics are spot on, game play is awesome, story is gripping, driving is no longer as hell on earth as GTA IV was, missions are enjoyable, the game looks gorgeous and (possibly the oddest comment I'm about to make but...) THE WEATHER!!! ITS EPIC!!! I'm currently caught in a thunderstorm and the way its been done is just awesome!!! This is all just personal opinion mind you :P But I seriously recommend the game guys. Stunning.

@Aeralys - Pokemon!! <3 But I'm amazingly out of date with the Pokemon games... Leaf Green and Fire Red were the last ones I played.

KronicReaper
24th September 2013, 11:23 PM
Gamestop manager got fired because of angry GTA V nerd rage. Video comes from ReviewTechUSA channel on Youtube. NOT JOKEING.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ97nMSj71k&list=UU__Oy3QdB3d9_FHO_XG1PZg&feature=player_detailpage

KronicReaper
25th September 2013, 10:17 AM
Gamers want gamespot reviewer fired because of not perfect score on GTA V. Video is from ReviewTechUSA channel on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zjErrs7s8Ms&list=UU__Oy3QdB3d9_FHO_XG1PZg

blackwiggle
25th September 2013, 04:00 PM
That sucks

I LOVE this, same but different.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hC0Ng_ajpY

Synergy2048
25th September 2013, 05:03 PM
Gamestop manager got fired because of angry GTA V nerd rage. Video comes from ReviewTechUSA channel on Youtube. NOT JOKEING.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ97nMSj71k&list=UU__Oy3QdB3d9_FHO_XG1PZg&feature=player_detailpage

I just watch the video too and the one before that.

I will say that it is one of the best games I've ever played, but I do think it will and is abit overrated to the point that dumb fanboys will do something like this all because of one negative thing a reviewer said about it.

I do think GTA 5 isn't perfect, but still a great game. Yet the community has some dumb and stubborn gamers like CoD.

KronicReaper
25th September 2013, 07:16 PM
I agree with you about the COD fanboys, if they see one bad review on COD: Ghosts that is coming in November. THEY WILL GO APE AND GO INTO A RAGE FIT.

Rapier Racer
25th September 2013, 09:02 PM
Dumb stubborn gamers are present in about every community it seems.

I think GTA V is a brilliant game the multiple lead characters work really well in my opinion I especially like the way you can just drop in on them whatever they might be up to.

@Blackwiggle GTA V's text isnot my favourite and while I can agree that they do seem to make poor choices when it comes to the on screen text, lets not judge the series by one game because if we did that and used say, Wipeout Fusion ...well...

Also come on dude you're a gamer right? Most gamers know Rockstar and the GTA games aren't renowned for their graphics, GTA V's gameplay more than makes up for it. At the same time GTA V looks and feels smoother then previous games.

Those videos are a bit of a joke but hey those are the kind of people gaming can attract not just GTA.

stinkleroy
28th September 2013, 12:20 PM
As a long time fan of the series I'm absolutely loving GTA 5 and it's lived up to pretty much all my 5 years worth of anticipation. Can't wait for online to get going, seems like something I might actually be interested in this time around :) If anyone wants to set up a crew for exploring and general buffoonery then give me a shout.

Graphics are definitely a secondary issue for me, there's far too much focus on that in this console generation, usually to the detriment of any apparent gameplay. This game is beautiful to me...go to the top of Chilliad mountain and watch a dust storm roll in or a beautiful sunset and it's almost emotional lol. I also agree with Knux that the weather system rocks! :)

As for those videos well I guess you're bound to get a few fruit loops when it comes to the worlds biggest gaming franchise, don't see why it's such an issue tbh. :dizzy

KronicReaper
28th September 2013, 07:16 PM
I don't want to cause you GTA V fans who play wipeout that will be in a rage fit. Video comes from ReviewTechUSA youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYfZgAoZNQQ&feature=player_detailpage&list=UU__Oy3QdB3d9_FHO_XG1PZg

Knux_Chaotix
28th September 2013, 10:05 PM
Old news Kronic. People need excuses, sadly games get the blame.

blackwiggle
30th September 2013, 11:08 PM
Dumb stubborn gamers are present in about every community it seems.

I think GTA V is a brilliant game the multiple lead characters work really well in my opinion I especially like the way you can just drop in on them whatever they might be up to.

@Blackwiggle GTA V's text isnot my favourite and while I can agree that they do seem to make poor choices when it comes to the on screen text, lets not judge the series by one game because if we did that and used say, Wipeout Fusion ...well...

Also come on dude you're a gamer right? Most gamers know Rockstar and the GTA games aren't renowned for their graphics, GTA V's gameplay more than makes up for it. At the same time GTA V looks and feels smoother then previous games.

I sort of have times when I game intensely, which I've just been through due to nearly two months off work due to a mangled ankle, and then almost stop entirely, then slowly get back into it.
When I put GTA V into my console it just seemed like a disappointment at the time, I'm sure you are correct and the gameplay will make up for it, but I haven't even loaded up any game in nearly 2 weeks.
I just hope the slight nausea I felt during the first driving sequence due to the way the camera angles seem to operate doesn't return when I eventually start playing it again.
Then again, in retrospect, the nausea might of been because I'd just watched the 3D version of Star Trek latest immediately before loading GTA V.

KronicReaper
5th October 2013, 04:00 AM
This video might get a lot of GTA fans very PO'd of this. Video comes from ReviewTechUSA channel from Youtube. WARNING: Explicated Content

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lfzmcQYu8Y&feature=player_detailpage&list=UU__Oy3QdB3d9_FHO_XG1PZg

Knux_Chaotix
5th October 2013, 04:17 AM
This seems totally irrelevant. And not sure why GTA fans would be peeved by it.

KronicReaper
5th October 2013, 06:13 AM
Heres another news story about GTA IV not GTA V. Video comes from ReviewTechUSA channel on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9rFTajvxOA&feature=player_detailpage

Knux_Chaotix
5th October 2013, 10:47 AM
Again, off topic and irrelevant... Can we get back to GTA V please??? Has anyone been online with it yet? Im still yet to. Heard theres a few problems with it just now though but Rockstar are trying to fix it asap.

Mikahail
5th October 2013, 12:17 PM
A pain in the ass to connect in the first two days, like predicted. And few annoying bugs like character vanishing (meaning start all over), infinite loading or missions unable to complete. The character creation is somewhat funny although not very detailed.

As for the activities we have tennis, golf, etc... all we had in the solo game with store robbery added. Simple at start, the dfficulty rises after few succeeded robberies and the police goes more aggressive. It's really fun to do with someone else. Yesterday, I had a 10 minutes chase with the police after a robbery with a crew buddy. Helicos and NOOSE after us with 4 stars.

A big positive aspect is you can chain an activity after another. You're not forced to come back to free roam to launch a new one. It works only for races, exterminations, deathmatch.

Last note, it's really easy to loose money in the game, and we don't gain much, so be careful and keep it in the bank.

KronicReaper
5th October 2013, 07:52 PM
Animal rights group wants to attack GTA V and another video about a mentally disabled man beaten and robbed for his GTA V game. Video comes from Alpha Omega Sin channel on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irM1ObVn3eY&feature=player_detailpage&list=UUVtEytgcL5fZcSiKx-BjimQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rtpnRcldcE&list=UUVtEytgcL5fZcSiKx-BjimQ&feature=player_detailpage

blackwiggle
11th October 2013, 06:40 AM
ALERT !!
Reported PS3 and Xpox bricking due to GTA5.
There is this thread at the UK Sony Playstation forum, with as of today, 48 different people all suffering their PS3's bricking up.
The common thing was that all had been playing GTA5 for a while, then on starting the game up again their consoles bricked.
With some of them it was the only game ever played on a NEW PS3.
http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Technical-Help/GTA-V-HAS-BROKEN-MY-PS3/td-p/19796213

From what I've been told it's getting into the thousands of people worldwide that have been effected by this on PS3's alone.

Apparently, according to some techhead, there is a line of code in the game that is too long, and when attempted to be read, if there is any minor deviance with the Bluray drives laser while reading it can, through other machinations, cause the console to brick up.
I can't see that as being 100% true as people who have bought the PStore download version have also suffered the same problem.
Seem more like a bit of game code written on a hotted up PC that was able to handle it got mangled it the porting to both the PS3 and Xpox

I bought GTA5 on release day but have only played it for about 45 minutes as it just doesn't grab me, so thankfully this problem hasn't happened to me.
Hopefully there is a fix on the way, put apparently both Rockstar Games and Sony are being Ostrich like in their response to this problem, as in they are not responding.

keg_11
26th December 2014, 07:43 PM
With heists possibly (finally) coming to GTA Online in early 2015, who would be interested in pulling off a heist with me? (&, if popularity with GTAO here on WZ is big enough, maybe our own crew? [Although I know some people are holding of for the PC release])

slimjim
26th December 2014, 11:46 PM
cant say i have booted up gta 5 on my ps3 since owning my ps4 will possibly make the jump to get it on ps4 if the prices for the game drop

keg_11
27th December 2014, 12:02 AM
Either way - PS3, PS4. I've got both. Depend on what anyone else's got.