PDA

View Full Version : 2K Drive - By Lucid Games

Colin Berry
5th September 2013, 11:12 PM
Quite a few ex Wipeout guys worked on this (myself, Martin Linklater, Fejiro Bateren, Marc Littlemore, Lee Wagner, Dan Stoneley and a couple of Ex Bizarre guy who worked on 2048, Paul Hesketh and Phil Nightingale)
And probably someone I missed as we have used a lot of contractors.
The rest of the dev team is made up of Ex Bizarre Creations guys who worked on Blur and PGR and a few other great folk

The game is out on ios, its £4.99 and does have in app purchases but not play to win, more a case for those who dont want to take time progressing

Check the trailer out

http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/5/4696754/2k-drive-now-available-for-ios-devices

Oh I did try and get some weapons in there, and some mag strips and air brakes, but I kept getting out voted ;)

Darkdrium777
6th September 2013, 06:46 AM
It seems this is facing what pretty much everything faces in the mobile market. If there's a similar game but cheaper people will go with that. I wish you success because honestly I can't believe what's happened to everyone (Ex-ex-ex) but yeah. Competition is tough. I wish some of you could get together and make a full release on a more serious platform.

Face swap was pretty creepy looking btw ;)

Hellfire_WZ
6th September 2013, 10:57 AM
Cheers Colin, you beat me to it ;)

Rapier Racer
6th September 2013, 02:08 PM
Best of luck with the game :) looks better than I expected, my idea of mobile games on iOS/ android might be a bit off.

vincoof
9th September 2013, 08:56 AM
Having an iPod Touch I’m definitely interested by racing games but so far all the ones I’ve seen/tested either had crappy graphics, crappy gameplay or crappy controls.

The graphics of 2K Drive look good (though I think it will run smoother if Apple releases a new hardware in the next few weeks), since many former Wipeout fellows worked on the game I’m pretty sure the gameplay will be nice, now I’m just wondering how the controls are? Please don’t tell me it uses the gyro.

Oh I did try and get some weapons in there, and some mag strips and air brakes, but I kept getting out voted ;)
Thanks for trying anyway!

Jonny
14th September 2013, 10:40 AM
It looks awesome.
Bring it t the PS Store:lol

stinkleroy
14th September 2013, 06:43 PM
^^ Agreed! Looks like a great game :)