PDA

View Full Version : Broadcasting gaffes

Bob Todd
6th June 2003, 05:44 PM
Couldn't be bothered to type out the names of all the newspapers that these have appeared in, but I'll supply the names if you really want me to.

- Youth wanted to train as petrol pump attendant. Elderly man would suit.
- Unfortunately the drainage demonstration which was to be held at Woodton on May 19th had to be cancelled due to wet site conditions.
- 26-year-ol Nancy O'Hoski, a sppepeech therpist from Grimsby.
- A claim by a fisherman that a mortar fell in the sea a few hundred yards from his bot was emphatically denied by the Army.
- Beef sausages have to contain at least 50% meat, of which 25% must be beer.
- The orchestra will be holding its annual cheese and wind party.
- The Chris Barber Band are seen in concert which celebrated Christ's 21st year as a bandleader.
- £65 jets you Gatwick/Athens return and procures five days of abysmal accommodation.
- Jubilee Brass public concert at the Deaf Centre, St. Ebbes.
- Must be able to swim [in an advert recruiting airline staff].
- Edward Begle has died from emphysema and California.
- Facts hold up case
- William Mann picks the early Shostakovich opera The Nose. Robert Layton was also tempted to pick The Nose.
- Colour of hull - white. Superstructure - vanished. [advert offering a boat for sale]
- Stanley was greeted with sustained crapping when he put forward the anti-common market case.
- Rachid Peter Harkouk, 21, of Stamford Brook Avenue, Hammershìt.
- PG Police say detective shot man with knife
- Camp maintenance enginner required.
- Little juicy steamed bums - a favourite of Emperor Chien-Lung [in an advert for a Chinese restaurant].
- Dog kennel, suits medium sized dog. Good condition. Very turdy.
- Duel purpose lounge/bedroom.
- An unexpected vacancy for a knife-thrower's assistant available.
- Fabulous Animals resented by David Attenborough [tv schedule]
- The reception was at Langford Hotel, Hove, and the couple are honeymooning in grease.
- We wrongly stated that Mr Brien had previously been found guilty of buggery. The charge was, in fact, one of burglary.
- It promises toben aeentr fùck it - to be an entertaining game, which could go either way.
- Bailey: on Monday Feb 14th at St. Davids hospital to Denise (nee James) and Tony, a git of a son Stephen.
- Catering College head cooked for Queen
- 11 of the 15 dismissed clerical agents a the Federal government-owned Agricultural Research and Training Station (FARTS) have been re-engaged.
- Although I can appreciate the reason why cats have been banned from ships, I cannot help feeling that pussy will be greatly missed by all hands on board.
- During evidence of the arrest, PC Wilkinson said that Depledge gave him a violent blow to the testicles. They both fell to the ground.
- Single handed chef wanted for small luxury hotel
- Police found pot plants were cannabis
- Scorpio: a time when it shows how necessary it is for the true Scorpio male to take himself in hand. If this is done correctly there will be a real burst of activity and pleasure.
- We shoot children on Wednesdays without appointments [advert for a photographic studio]
- A £9m investment to increase cake output has been announced by the National Coal Board.
- Yours faithfukky,
- Two of those accused of arson and two otters were also tried on charges of disturbing the peace.
- They were told, 'If you don't sign you won't go on Top Of The Pope'.
- Seaby's also urges one new design each year of either the 50p or 0p piece to mark some aspect of British industry or invention.
- In addition to the regular list there are daily specialities (Thursday, stewed dick and Saturday, nam prick).
- Women/girls required, crumpet department
- Vote for improved health - join our ant-smoking clinic.

Vasudeva
6th June 2003, 07:19 PM
Greetings,

Hilarious!!

Reminds me of pages of so-called "Engrish" (English mistakes in the Far East). You should check out some of those pages, they're really hilarious.

One of my favourites was spotted by myself when I was working at the Honda company last summer. I was working at the large parts department with an order-picker (picking up large cardboard boxes). These boxes usually had both Japanese and English writing on them. One of them had written on it, instead of "detatcher", "de-thatcher" :). Who would have expected political statements tucked away in the darkest corners of Honda's parts department?

Peace,
V.

Bob Todd
6th June 2003, 07:39 PM
I like engrish.com - it's well funny.