PDA

View Full Version : The Future Racer Quantum Rush on Kickstarter

GameArt Studio
27th August 2013, 03:57 PM
Hi,

We, the team of GameArt Studio, are very happy to introduce you to our newest project “Quantum Rush”!

As you can maybe guess from the title, our online game Quantum Rush is a future racer.

To be more precise, It is an action packed future racer with a focus on combat features. Its impressive 3D graphics, the tactical gameplay and the online matchmaking system make Quantum Rush a state-of-the-art online game.

Right now, Quantum Rush is still in development. When it is released, we want it to pay homage to the future racers of old and take the genre to a whole new level - and with your help, we can do just that!

That is why we have launched a Kickstarter campaign, where you can have a first glimpse at the gameplay and graphics and learn more about Quantum Rush: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/572125879/quantum-rush-online-future-racer (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/572125879/quantum-rush-online-future-racer)
You will also find useful information at our homepage (http://www.quantum-rush.net) and our blog (http://blog.quantum-rush.net).

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Your Quantum Rush team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KceqLDtfpk

rdmx
28th August 2013, 12:30 PM
Consider me a little concerned with the F2P scheme. How are you going to ensure that any new content you add remains balanced and importantly, not P2W?

To rephrase that, what is your payment model? Is it like World of Tanks with separated tiers?

GameArt Studio
30th August 2013, 09:30 AM
Hello rdmx,

Many gamers have negative associations with the f2p model and we have indeed received many questions as to why we have chosen this model for Quantum Rush.

Frankly, we believe that free-to-play has more advantages than disadvantages as long as there is no system of pay-to-win, which, unfortunately, is the case with many games.

For more detailed information about free-to-play in Quantum Rush, please have a look at our blog post.

Quantum Rush team

http://blog.quantum-rush.net/why-will-quantum-rush-be-free-to-play

JABBERJAW
31st August 2013, 12:32 AM
Here are my suggestions:

1) do not have catch up by increasing speed for the player behind
2) do not give the player in behind more turbos, better weapons, or a " hit the leader" bs weapon
3) why are there no jumps in the video, and the ships do not leave the track on a steep downhill, this seems like wipeout fusion, a game most wipeout fans consider the worst. Since this is just a trailer I'm not sure about that part of the gameplay though. If there are jumps, I would hope for in air pitch control, as opposed to no control where you are going to put your ship down on the track.
4) have time trial head to head races

The reason for suggestions 1-2, is why practice the game if anyone can catch up at any time, no matter how bad they pilot. It should be a game of skill, not luck. I am not sure if these are in the game or not, but these have ruined many a multiplayer racing game ( ridge racer7, hydrothunder, hydrothunder hurricane, Mario kart, episode 1 racer all have garbage multi player, even though they are nice single player gAmes)

Can you give a video of actual gameplay? Maybe at the fastest speeds, if there are speed classes

You should also have " open races", not only race against same skill set. Someone may be very fast after only a few races, but cannot play someone else because they have played for a month, even though the skill level may be the same.

TheConzio
31st August 2013, 12:18 PM
By looking at the video, the ships need to be more loose. They look extremely fixed to the track.
Example: The jump at 0:39 - There is no such movement when the ship leaves the surface of the track.
Example 2: Really limited turning movement, as if the ships are fixed to an invisible railway track, like a train.

Looks like a fun game :)

Hellfire_WZ
1st September 2013, 09:11 PM
Hey there. Looks like you guys have put in a lot of work already, best of luck with the project! I've left a link to this thread on our Facebook page to try and attract more feedback for you.

Do you visualise the game to be more of a combat-focused game or as a racing game with some combat elements? One thing that combat racers sometimes struggle to achieve is the right balance between racing and combat.

Richochet
8th September 2013, 01:43 AM
Did you guys (mostly talking to JABBERJAW) watch the video closely? There are jumps and it certainly looks like the ships aren't always "stuck to the track". Also if you listen to the people in the video they say they'll have some conventionally designed tracks, but some more dramatic ones. HERE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsmYOozylUk) is the video I watched, maybe you watched the other one?

That being said, I'm not donating because it's an MMO. I know devs of F2P MMOs often claim their game won't be pay-to-win, but it usually ends up that way anyway. Not necessarily because the devs are "lying" (though sometimes that's the case), but sometimes simply because people have differnet notions of what "pay-to-win" is. Still, I really hope this game gets funded because it looks like it has a lot of potential. It's also very visually appealing and racing in space, cities, deserts, underwater, volcanoes, etc sounds great!

DDD113
8th September 2013, 11:20 PM
It does look a little tight to the track after jumps and over small hills, but this will most likely be fixed before the release. However, I've got to side with Ricochet on the reason I'm not donating, and also because while online play is the most realistic test of skill, single player helps you get a feel for the game and really learn to excel. Even if you are paired with pilots with similar experience levels and stats to you, you may pick up the game slower and struggle, which is not fun online. I've always used single player as a stepping stone to online, helping me really learn the feel for games before going up against others.

Hellfire_WZ
13th October 2013, 10:26 AM
If anyone would be interested in participating in a test event on Wednesday, please PM me as soon as possible.

Hellfire_WZ
11th December 2013, 05:11 PM
Quantum Rush has now entered closed beta. Please send me a PM if you would like a key to try it out and help with testing. It's PC by the way

JABBERJAW
11th December 2013, 10:05 PM
I would do this, but my PC is old and slow, sorry. I'm hoping to get a new one in February.

vincoof
11th December 2013, 10:56 PM
What are the system requirements please?

XxSuperRyugaxX
12th December 2013, 09:58 AM
I have Windows Ice XP v6 SP3 , 3GB RAM, Dual Core 2.60 GHz and a nVidia GeForce 9400 GT and the game is good.. with medium texture in 1280x720 if I remember right, except for the Map Airport that is laggy for me sometimes.

Lion
14th December 2013, 06:43 PM
This game is currently not even remotely close to playable from New Zealand.
The menus run fine, practice mode runs fine (I have only flown one ship so far, but the handling isn't bad at all - reasonably floaty. Airbrakes don't work like I expect, but that's fine) but I tried joining a multiplayer race.

For multiplayer it's not letting you pilot locally and update the server with your revised position and vector information, then propagating that back out to clients (an oversimplification of how many multiplayer games handle movement). Rather it feels like it's passing my controller inputs up to the server, which is running the simulation, then passing my ship position/vector information back to me. This has a couple of effects:
1) my controller inputs all feel super laggy. I am guessing that the servers are EU based, I am literally on the other side of the planet
2) because it's not updating frequently enough, it doesn't move smoothly. It's almost like it's running at 10FPS, but it's not a local performance problem.

So unless the way the networking is handled changes dramatically, I am best to stay away. I will come back to this sometime next year, but for now it's just an exercise in frustration.

Hellfire_WZ
14th December 2013, 09:52 PM
Thanks dude. If anyone has any feedback to pass on, please post here and I'll send it to the developers.

IXxNOCTURNALxXI
15th December 2013, 01:22 AM
Looks F*****g epic, can't wait to see it when its finished :) Good stuff guys :)!

Dirtbag
17th December 2013, 12:19 AM
If it's still running Beta, I'd be willing to participate.

JustinCase
19th February 2014, 03:21 PM
I had the opportunity to participate in the beta and the game is pretty cool, though you could only race online back then. I played it ~2 months ago. The graphics are really good but I didn't like the physics too much and the feeling of speed could be better however this was a pretty old build. I just checked their site and I see that there were many updates since I played the game so I'll check out what changed - downloading the updated data at the moment:).

Update: played the game for a little while. I like the menus for sure but the race still lacks this Wipeout-like feeling, the circuits seem to be a bit boring and while I like the music very much I still can't get used to the steering - the ship moves from the left to the right of the screen and it's a bit hard to control it. There's a lot of potential though and I hope they will make some changes before the release.

Jonny
22nd February 2014, 07:42 PM
Ah, here is a Quantum Rush threat^^
I´m in the Beta to (the developers said they saw my expertise with racing games on YouTube lol).
It´s pretty cool but I´m not playing it that much, wipEout is my altime first, you know ;)