PDA

View Full Version : UK Wipeout cosplay tribute

AGphantom
8th July 2013, 01:06 PM
Hey. I doubt whether many Wipeout fans would be into this sort of thing but I recently approached Ami Nakajima about the idea of doing a Wipeout group cosplay at the next London MCM Expo in October. She was very enthusiastic and offered to help promote the idea, but suggested I ask here on WZ as well. The idea would basically be just to do what she did with her Feisar costume- design your own pilot's uniform and represent a favourite WO team for the day. You could be an official pilot from the series or create your own WO alter ego. With Studio Liverpool gone I thought there would probably be no better time for a cosplay tribute to Wipeout than now, while the series still looms in the public consciousness. And I'm pretty sure I've never actually seen anyone cosplay WO before - except for Ami and Angela - so as far as I'm aware, this could be a first.

Also, I will also be painting my skateboard in team colours... if you catch my drift. ;)

Thanks

Medusa
27th October 2013, 09:56 PM
Absolutely the wrong country and continent, but I will be at the C4 central comic con in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada on Nov. 2&3. You'll know me when you see me. I'll be packing my Psp, pure and pulse, in case lightning strikes and a fellow zoner appears.

Hellfire_WZ
27th October 2013, 10:43 PM
Ah bugger, only just seen this! The expo was this weekend, I'd have advertised this on FB as well if I'd have known :(

Knux_Chaotix
28th October 2013, 12:26 AM
I'm actually still trying to piece together a semi decent looking Wipeout cosplay.

Medusa
3rd February 2014, 01:54 PM
Just emptying off some pictures and I don't think I put these up here. Since this thread is tagged cosplay I'll just throw it in here if that's okay.
This is a very rushed pilot cosplay of an AG Systems F3600 WO1 pilot. Done from the viewpoint of a league that's just started off the back of a band of dusty renegades in the desert that use all their team funds for the ships and have a kind of "use the military scraps for suits" crossed with bike patch style. Since I just could never picture WO1 pilots in proper flight suits (yeah I know about the canon...)
Anyway yes this is pretty mediocre but didn't have the time to get the rest of the costume added in properly.851385148515 At the least this will maybe make whoever does a costume a little bolder wearing theirs.
I'm off to Japan in March, take care zoners!

Jonny
3rd February 2014, 05:43 PM
What did I spottedbon your shoe? The ECMP logo? I thought I'm the only one using it for my "personal style" :-P