PDA

View Full Version : Have you guys seen this?

Mano
5th June 2003, 04:54 PM
http://cube.ign.com/articles/402/402171p1.html

Looks great, seems Nintendo+Sega alliance is really working, i hope this game does a great impact, 1 ´cause its one of my favorite franchises, 2 ´cause it will make Sony think of competition and you guys already know what game would do that right? so maybe this will force a sequel, who knows..

that boost effect they talk about with the camera distorting, i really thought of thatfor fzero before, thought about that for wipeout too but the tracks are narrow unlike fzero *very* wide tracks, so an effect like that would probably make a dent in WO gameplay and control. Other effect i would like to see is an alternative boost button, which blows most of the ship chassis off (maybe even the speed ripping the rest of the chassis), leaving the basic frame and the ship internal systems wide in the open, almost no control of the ship but enough to keep it straight, with a warning alarm blaring in the computer, of course only one of this boosts per race and after this your ship wont recover any damage taken, maybe this would only work on f-zero too. Its very hard to add things to something so finely designed and so specialized as WO (look what happened to Fusion, from previous critics. I reserve my own opinion on that game because i havent tried it yet).

I like WO more than F-zero, but the later has a more open design meaning you can add a lot without hurting the main personality of the game. however i see more gameplay finesse in wipeout, the graphic design quality the balance hangs very much to favor WO and dont get me started on the music and soud fx.

Wamdue
5th June 2003, 05:40 PM
yeah , the moto gp games for the xbox uses some kind of image distortion and blur when you reach certain speeds, i think it would work out pretty good in wipeout too. Because the effect disapears just as you deaccelerate and the FOV is returning to normal values.. quite nice effect! Ill buy Fzero GX as soon as it hits the stores hopefully, im kinda saving cash for the great games that are coming this year, mm3, brute force , fable, zoe2 , fzero gx , mgs:twin snakes , etc etc etc etc.. its gonna be a good year :)

Mano
6th June 2003, 04:59 AM
It seems its gonna be a great year for you!, damn i wish i could buy all those games + the etceteras you add without making a hole in my wallet, hehehe, but true it seems 2003 will be a good video game year, especially since programming on this generation´s consoles have matured so i expect more refined games.