PDA

View Full Version : Is the bounciness of W3:SE a good thing (vs. W3) ?

blakespot
1st June 2013, 09:20 PM
Do you folks like the apparently more bouncy physics to Wipeout 3: Special Edition as compared to Wipeout 3? I was only able to play the NTSC ver on my PSX being here in the states, but I am now setup with ePSXe and can play PAL discs / images.

I am wondering what to sink into again after all these years - W3 or W3:SE.

Opinions. Thanks.

(FWIW, I prefer the feel of Wipeout Pure to Wipeout Pulse.)

bp

dreamerx
1st June 2013, 09:52 PM
Personally I like SE physics more because it allows me to fly high! :) I switched to SE since it came out and never went back to 3. But I know that there are pilots on this forum who likes 3 more.

Because You mentioned Pulse and Pure I want to say that I like them, but I like physics feel of 2097/3/3:SE more :)

stin
1st June 2013, 10:02 PM
I'm a euro version, but I did played us version too and I do prefer to play WipEout 3 rather than SE.

Again....l do actually prefer to play Pure versions (as in any versions);)

stevie:)

JABBERJAW
2nd June 2013, 01:04 AM
Wo3 pal is a bit more floaty than the ntsc version, but racing the courses feel similar. 3se on the classic tracks is pretty sweet, but the floatiness wrecks mega mall ( I should do a video of the stupidity that occurs). It also makes you hit the ceiling on Sampa and stanza without creative pitching and braking. It adds some cool super fast jumps in some places ( you can get this on the Japanese version as well). 3se is sometimes faster than regular pal. If you mainly care about the normal wo3 tracks, the Japanese version plays best, then ntsc, then pal, then 3se. If you want to play the classic tracks, you only have one choice, and it plays really well. Just get all 4 versions, the records tables will be up soon ( I hope :) ). They all have a good experience to offer