PDA

View Full Version : I have Pulse on PSP and Vita. Way to get paid content packs?

blakespot
26th May 2013, 12:35 PM
[ I have similar questions re: both Pure and Pulse, so I will do one thread in each of those forum areas. ]

I have Pulse on UMD on the PSP and I downloaded Pulse on my Vita from PSN Store, recently. I am in the U.S. Is there a way to get the paid content packs, which I hear were only available in Europe, into Pure on the Vita (or even the PSP)?

Thanks.

bp

Hellfire_WZ
26th May 2013, 12:51 PM
No, they were never released in the US. The only way to do it is to use an EU version of the game and try and download them from the EU store.

MrSmadSmartAlex
27th May 2013, 10:08 AM
Actually, the packs do work on both EU and NA versions of the game, but obviously, that only applies to the UMD version. If you make an EU account and get funds into it (I guess you'd have to get EU PSN cards from ebay or something, unless Paypal works for other region PS Stores), you can use the packs on your PSP. You could do that on your Vita too, but you'd have to buy the game again on the EU PS Store.

blackwiggle
6th June 2013, 01:04 PM
I'm pretty sure VITA's get Regionally locked as soon as you register the console in a particular country - it is then subsequently locked to getting all content from that Pstore.

People fell foul of this a VITA's launch by importing consoles early from Japan etc, then finding them unusable from the location they were situated in.

I specifically bought a secondhand PSP GO! with a recharge cradle, and then bought a SONY component out cable [TIP : Don't be tempted to buy a cheaper "knock off" version of the original Sony PSP GO! component output cable, as they Don't WORK!]
You also can mate a Wireless PS3 controller to the GO!,
The only reason I bought it was to load with PURE & PULSE and ALL the download content [which this forum has links to so you can download it as well].
I have it set up like a Mini PS3 solely for these games.

Unlike the VITA, the PSP GO! can output video, and at Component level [RGB]
I output the video from the GO! into my surround amp, then I have it upscale the 480 image to 1080p, it's still a small size, so I use the Zoom option on the TV to make it pretty much full screen.

Works well.
I've even tried using the TV's internal 3D processing, but that was wishful thinking, as it needs a higher resolution to start with.

You could do the same from a GO! using the same type of cable directly to a TV and use the picture Zoom function on the TV to make the picture larger.
I doubt you would lose that much detail to the picture, it would be dependent on your TV I think.

Basically this is your best option if you are in the USA and "Want it All"

Buy a secondhand PAL [Euro or Australia] based PSP GO! [try to find one that has the Recharge cradle as well ], and then load both games and all tracks onto that, then use it as a mini PS3 like I have.:hyper

JABBERJAW
6th June 2013, 04:13 PM
People wanted this because both of those games play even smoother than a cfw 333. It's really nice on the eyes. I like the big screen myself, and am still wishing for tv out from the vita