PDA

View Full Version : What are your dream ideas for WipEout.

thekiwipome
22nd May 2013, 09:18 AM
If you were to take on the WipEout franchise, what would you do with it? I had a thought whilst randomly drawing Triakis from WipEout HD and rendered it with a rusty metal appearance and I thought; WipEout Apocalypse. I thought about it a bit more and imagined that sometime after the FX400 the nukes rained down on the world and centuries later people salvaged AG craft from the FX300, 350 and 400 leagues to race again through derelict cities and the racetracks for survival.
I think this would be a really fun game. The ability to modify your weapons and loadouts and that kind of malarki. I'd like to hear what you fellow racers think of this and drop in your own ideas; not necessarily about this one but what you would see in a future WipEout game.7697

AGSys
26th June 2013, 11:22 AM
Oh man, if a WipEout game had a ship customization feature, that would be the greatest! You know, like with street racing games such as NFS Undercover, Most Wanted and the like. You should be able to basically modify all features of the ship including sponsors, decals, signs, environment logos, engines, aerodynamic and aesthetic features (like the shields that cover ships in Zone Battle mode in HD Fury), adding weapons which are exclusive to each team, and then the usual stuff like changing colors (with respect to each team's special color palette of course) etc. That would be my one and only dream for WipEout games, everything else is just perfect.

AquaAura
26th June 2013, 05:06 PM
^that would be awesome. Super weapons for the new games FTW!

Although there probably won't be a new game :(

AGphantom
8th July 2013, 01:44 PM
Realistically I don't know if WO would make a good post-apocalyptic racer. How would you salvage the kind of energy necessary to make AG possible in a ruined wasteland? It would be much more complicated than fighting over petrol like in Mad Max.

If you want a good post-apocalpytic sci fi racer (and a very pure one at that) try Ubisoft's "Pod" which came out on PC in 1997. It's very gritty and futuristic. I would love to see a remake of that with added 3rd person shooter and RPG elements, where you could explore the ruined cities on foot between races, engage in gang warfare and salvage fuel and parts for your vehicle.

Airrider
9th July 2013, 02:10 PM
What one could do for customization and more open environments a la 2048, I think, is set a WipEout game at the big AG revivals before PurE in the timeline. You could have lots of different frames and components and stuff suggesting the looser rules sets, including super weapons, a few different companies that we see disappear before the FX150 league, stuff like that.

megatomik
10th July 2013, 10:59 AM
All I want is a even more improved WipeOut HD for PS4. Anything would do it at this point...

WikEv_512
10th July 2013, 12:29 PM
I would love to see an HD remake of WipEout 2097 for the PS4. The same gameplay, but graphics at least as good as the screenshots of the fan made WipEout Deceit. And in order to make the game perfect, a real cockpit view and a F1 2012 style career. Actually I want the official simulation of the F-5000 League....
F5000™:'97 :D

AquaAura
10th July 2013, 06:31 PM
I want das career mode going through any timeline. Careeeeeeeeeeeeeeer.

AGSys
11th July 2013, 06:00 AM
I would love to see an HD remake of WipEout 2097 for the PS4. The same gameplay, but graphics at least as good as the screenshots of the fan made WipEout Deceit. And in order to make the game perfect, a real cockpit view and a F1 2012 style career. Actually I want the official simulation of the F-5000 League....
F5000™:'97 :D

Oh man that's one of my most biggest wishes for a new WipEout game.

AG-SYSTEMS
12th July 2013, 12:37 AM
I really want to see something like Wip3out. I'm fascinated with that game.

Same style, same tracks...

I really need to get the SE version.

Rossriders
14th July 2013, 01:48 AM
There's too many things I'd like to have in a WipEout game...but I suppose to start listing ideas...

One such was something I did touch upon in the WipEout deciet thread... a game that would have taken place before the start of, or after the collapse of the F9000.

I'm too aware that a LOT of people were and still hold a grudge against WipEout Fusion for more reasons than one.

I'm only midly defensive of the game in spite of being yet to play it because it was a potental 'first' buy for the WipEout games...had I bought it then and been witness to the backlash...well to be frank I'm not sure how I would have reacted then apart from immaturity.

Today, I see it as one more interesting chapter in the WipEout verse even if it's a controversal one. Deciet to my speculation seemed to be a game that in a sense would try to 'fix' fusion, being at an intersection between WipEout 3 and Fusion with the F8000 league.

One hint I took was the posters giving some potental exposition of self-awarness of the inheriet corrpution within the racing league that was pointed out in Pure's backstory in regards to Fusion. Deciet to me would have been more of this, but beyond that would have been mere speculation till any comfirmation.

If I had to guess, they might have gone step further compared to what we've seen in 2048, in that game, being aware of how it took place prior to the 1st WipEout, nods to the continuity were placed about be it the news feed on the various tracks, to other indications such as the logos for the teams, or the purposeful spelling of Piranha as Pir-hana. While it might have been either a mistake or some degree of self-awareness in Wip3out/Wipeout 3, it was very deliberate far as I can tell in 2048.

It's almost as if to say the Piranha team in WipEout 3 being (once again) based in Brazil was the 'real' team even though they always were such even (or espeically) during the years of being in China, retcons notwithstanding.

It could also be a chance to touch upon origins of teams that would have appeared in Fusion (Xios and EG-R) and teams that would appear much later down the line (such as Triakis or a team being a precursor to Mirage).

One other idea would be... well a league or leagues after the FX350/400...with the teams from the past games making a return along with some new additions, or even returning teams that were ommited in past games.

And well...I'll post more ideas in due time.

Synergy2048
15th July 2013, 11:48 PM
That's an interesting concept, kinda like WipEout meets Motorstorm Apacalypse and Fallout, I would of liked to see a complete WipEout game that remakes all the tracks from the first 3 games and the psp, including every ship/craft from every league completely detailed and HD like Gran Turismo 5, including the inside of the cockpit.:D

However, I think more track DLC's (remade tracks from Pure and pulse) for WipEout HD would of been nice if SL was still here, :(

Rossriders
16th July 2013, 01:20 AM
That's an interesting concept, kinda like WipEout meets Motorstorm Apacalypse and Fallout, I would of liked to see a complete WipEout game that remakes all the tracks from the first 3 games and the psp, including every ship/craft from every league completely detailed and HD like Gran Turismo 5, including the inside of the cockpit.:D

However, I think more track DLC's (remade tracks from Pure and pulse) for WipEout HD would of been nice if SL was still here, :(

That too... cause again, while I've only got the HD demo for the PS3, seeing that and Vineta K on Pure...as well as the other tracks from what videos I have seen, it's clear they (SL) didn't just copy/paste and upscale the tracks, they actually put effort into them in so many ways.

It would be nice to a see some HD re-visualized takes on some classic tracks.

Not to mention some whole new ones, a few ideas could be yet another lunar track, or even something in high earth-orbit. Or perhaps in a part of the world not covered, such as Africa (for Assegai for one) and while there was a track in Chile and Mexico, it would be something to try a track in Brazil (Piranha) or even a chance to revisit some old (timeline wise) locals such as Mega City, Nova State, and even some old Fusion locations.

Just throwing that out there.

Terramax
25th July 2013, 06:36 PM
Not very original, but a remake of the first game. The soundtrack intact, but just the visuals improved a 100 fold. That, with an 8 player multiplayer, cross-play with Vita and PS3 / PS4, and we're good to go.

TypeProton
26th July 2013, 02:41 PM
I know Wipeout is a series of arcade-style racing game that promote snap-reflex. But I'd like to have a AG racing simulator for once where crafts fly realistically, throwing it's weight around, braking and full damage simulation, parts malfunction and stuffs.
But the thing is Wipeout universe is not realistic to begin with...

Jonny
27th July 2013, 08:07 AM
I know Wipeout is a series of arcade-style racing game that promote snap-reflex. But I'd like to have a AG racing simulator for once where crafts fly realistically, throwing it's weight around, braking and full damage simulation, parts malfunction and stuffs.
But the thing is Wipeout universe is not realistic to begin with...

But you didn´t know what could happen in future...;)
And because of the fact,that you couldn´t know how such a craft would handle,you can´t say it´s unrealistic.:g

Synergy2048
27th July 2013, 08:13 AM
Looks like I have a better Idea for a WipEout game/ideas, consisting on threads I've posted. However, most of these ideas and elements are from other racing games like: GRID 1 & 2.

Startup: At least how a career would start out, you first begin racing on amateur races in amateur leagues like the FX150, until you soon get notice by the current 12 teams you would want to race for. You create a pilot with first and last name, age, gender and nationality, either it's yourself or a character ;). After choosing your team, your pilot will stay with that team, but you can create another pilot for another team if you want. As for Single Race, you can race any team craft or track including speed class, but some stuff would have to be unlocked in Career.

Ship Branding: Whatever team you've chosen, you can select pre-made livery for your craft with only the team colors to choose for any layer. Once done, you then select a squad or wingmen on this team for a random team-event on any track. you can soon race on your own entering events you want to race in, or continue with the pilot offers for a team squad.

Race events: Like any racing game, you start on the slowest speed class (Vector) and compete in a first event in your career, same event layout like WipEout HD. The more races you win, the more races and events you unlock, including bonus, club, or historical events.
Bonus or Hidden Races: The usual: Personal events where you have to beat a certain objective like Time Trial, Speed Lap, Zone, Detonator, etc.
Club Events: Club events are when you race against pilots on your own team or against other pilots from another single team, there is usually a hotshot pilot in these races that may give you trouble or difficulty, depending on their skill for a certain race mode and can appear in regualar events.
Historical Events: These are special events where you can relive the days of the F-thousand leagues including the A.G.R.C.. However you must buy a craft for these certain events, "yes, you earn money or points like in WipEout Fusion", but only AG-craft for the team you're in, so some teams will not have these special events, depending on which era they were founded.

Ranking up/Upgrades: As you progress in your career, you earn more money or points to spend on upgrades for your craft, giving you access to higher speed class events. Winning more races will get you noticed by sponsors of the WipEout Universe or more made up ones (should be a thread). Whatever sponsor you've chosen, they will ask you to do a contract for any race you enter, whether being in the top 3, how far in the lead you're in, eliminations, etc. Whichever contract you complete, they will earn you more money/points.

Completing a season: There comes a time when a season will pass, and you are given an offer to race in the FX World Championships. Entering these events will earn you more money, and increase your rankings higher on a leaderboard, whether pilot rankings of hundreds of individual pilots around the world, or increase your team ranking against the other 11 teams. Entering these races also means your're racing against the best pilots on the current rank you're in, and completing every race in an event will give you the opportunity, to go head to head with a hotshot pilot between the rank you're on, whether from another team or on your own.

Teammates: further on the career, you will now hire 2 pilots for your own squad, slecting a pilot by their skills consisting on 4: Awareness, Aggression, Reaction, and Consistency by 0/10 skill points for each. In certain events, there are races that require a wingman/teammate and you can select which two you would like to race with you. You can fire/replace a pilot with better skills later on and depending on your rank.

I don't want to keep this going, but if you know what I'm talking about, based on the GRID games or others by Codemasters, then those are my ideas for a WipEout game including the last post I made on this thread. Agree or not, I think it would be interesting.

Jonny
27th July 2013, 03:27 PM
My favourite feature would be something like a 24/7 Mode.Gameplay outer the races

Mu5
28th July 2013, 12:48 AM
There was a thread like this a few years back...it rocked and some amazing ideas in it :)

I want to see...

Track Designer - F-Zero got one on the 64DD, shame wipEout never

Ship Importer - Fully customisable, textures, weapons...everything :D :+

Multiple Ghosts - I think about 10 ghosts should be sufficient :+

Jonny
28th July 2013, 02:04 AM
Off course:
Cockpit-View

UberVoyager
28th July 2013, 05:44 PM
Something that would've been cool is if you had an "arena mode", where you can hover around and shoot other people.

lovedr
22nd September 2013, 08:50 PM
a wipeout arcade cabinet...running on a modern equivalent of a sega r360 with option for multiple cab link up for multiplayer. anyone remember the FMV intro for Assualt Rigs?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb2v8YPN9ts

one day i shall build such a machine to play wipeout.

/dream

lovedr
2nd October 2013, 08:34 PM
http://blog.retrogamer.net/general/gamecube-emulator-now-supports-oculus-rift/

or perhaps a psx emulator, ocius rift and wipeout next.

LPswim2009
25th April 2014, 06:00 PM
I would've liked to see in WipEout HD/Fury (I say this past tense because of obvious reasons for Liverpool) all tracks from both Pure and Pulse make it into the game along with the grid extended to 12-14 ships with adding on Van Uber and Tigron, it would've been really cool to add a track like Sinucit or Platinum Rush to the PS3 along with those 2 teams

Jonny
26th April 2014, 12:02 AM
Story mode, anyone?

Synergy2048
26th April 2014, 12:45 AM
I think i'm interested to see a storymode, yet career mode/campaign would most likely be better off unless as an optional mode. Like Mortal Kombat 9 (just throwing an example) does have a storymode where you'll transfer to random characters in certain events in the story leading to the end, but can still play in a career/tournament and arcade mode building up one of the characters in that mode to unlock bonuses or skins, etc. The same can happen for WipEout. You'll start with one pilot from any team. then transition to another pilot from another team as you progress through the story and so on, yet I don't know what it will lead up to or what the plot may be about. I rather still have a career mode.

But... how about creating your own pilot. Great example would be Sims 3's Create-A-Sim, but without the body changing, just the head (although that would be cool to do so), and make him or her how you wanted. Create a bio (optional) choose a race style using a number of skill points, (again, like the Sims personality traits generator), select a team and generated liveries for that team. (I can think of 36 pilots ;))

I don't know what to think of it. Creating a backstory of a pilot is easy, but having a plot with those pilots is kinda hard. You don't see the original or Fusion having a storymode.

I just realized, I already posted the idea of creating your own pilot on here, but not creating the appearance of your pilot.

ND-2-SPD
2nd May 2014, 09:05 AM
I know wipeout is traditionally a circuit racer and I don't know how you would incorporate it into the game but I would love to see a free roam/sandbox wipeout, possibly a street AG racing game set between fusion and pure. It would be really different from the rest of the games in the series but it would be awesome to see a future city. I'm not 100% sure about this but it's just a rough idea.

possesed13
2nd May 2014, 04:56 PM
all the tracks from wo1 until hd especially delivered for ps4 customizable ships! a legacy edition with all that happened since 1995 in one title!
and a tottally upgraded online community where you can create championships for all to fill in!

bigsnake
2nd May 2014, 06:33 PM
I feel like this applies to all racing games but a track editor with community sharing would have been sweet, imagine all the stuff you could do with magstrips that was never really explored (for example corkscrews).

Jonny
2nd May 2014, 10:04 PM
all the tracks from wo1 until hd especially delivered for ps4 customizable ships! a legacy edition with all that happened since 1995 in one title!
and a tottally upgraded online community where you can create championships for all to fill in!

This sounds like either "WipE'out" 2052-2206" or "WipE'out" All-Stars Racing" :D

Chill
19th July 2014, 08:15 PM
So had a pretty cool dream last night that I was browsing the web and I came across a game titled "Wipeout Reload Carnage" that consistent of all of the old PS1 classic wipeouts in one game along with 100s of more added on content and online playability, though the game was only available to designers of the franchise. Other than the last part, I thought the dream was pretty damn epic.

Snakenator1
19th July 2014, 10:16 PM
If I could add something to Wipeout, I add a free roam open world feature like games such as need for speed :D

Drive through the streets of places like New York, London, Paris and many more unique cities in your Feisar or any of the teams of your choice. Take part in street races of up to say 12 opponents as well and customize your ship in garages like paint jobs, create emblems and so on. And if you really wanted to destroy everything with your weapon systems!! although that would be to violent for Wipeout :P All this to me would make Wipeout PURRFECT :D

terra-wrists
20th July 2014, 03:21 AM
or pointless :D

Trilby
20th July 2014, 04:43 AM
I've been coming up with ideas for a new Wipeout game ever since I started studying game design. I'm going to write in the ideas me and my friend Eno had for it. Also, I didn't read anything except for the last page, so sorry if it seems like i copied you ;-P

Career: This one would have something of a story this go around, what with you dicking about in the boonies with your buds until going to one of the Amateur Leagues with a ship you built yourself, to turn the heads of talent scouts. After that, it's WipEout all the same, only this time you're managing yourself, with being able to get hired for moonlighting, getting made redundant, being poached by the richer teams, goosing up your ship, and even getting yourself out of conspiracies like murder attempts. There's also going to be a mite of a moral choice system going on. Are you going to sign yourself up for the likes of FEISAR and AG-Sys to further mankind, or are you going to become the richest mother*cker ever and get hired by the teams like Qirex and EG-X? Are you going to beat your rival through force of will or king to eliminate him by sending him off that eerie ledge in the track that's in Arizona?

Ship Customization: Like I said before, you get into the Amateur League as an independent racer, with a ship you built from scratch. It's a pile of junk, but it's a big lovable pile of junk, and you can decide to keep it when you get into a team with a lick of that teams livery, or scrap it for money to goose up the shiny new one you're getting. After that, there's all you can do with your ship with the money you're earning from racing. Rather than a straight unbalanced upgrade system like Wipeout Fusion had, it's going to be more of a TF2 style side-grade system. Sure, there'll be some vertical change (money needs a real purpose after all), but mostly it's going to be melding the ship to a feel that feels right to you. Every team has a general idea of how it should ride, but it's mostly up to you, with you being able to switch out engines, exhaust systems, air intakes, repulsers, air brakes, even swapping out the chassis. It'd be up to you entirely.

More Diversity: Wipeout's already had a lot of this in spades in the past, but I'd still like to bring the whole world in this party. As far as tracks go, I've had designs in mind for Las Vegas, Arizona (with the Grand Canyon integrated - THINK ABOUT IT), New York, Canada, Amazon River Brazil, Russia, Paris, Berlin, off the coast of New Zealand, over the ocean, in orbit, and The Land of God (cheat-code only ;-P). I'd also like to add more teams. I want one from India, Central America, and I'd also like more member states of FEISAR to do their own thing, as well as having a black-hat pure sabotage team in the mix (huehuehue.) In addition, I'd like all the characters and pilots as fully-fleshed people with real personalities and motives, to really make the story interesting.

Making First-Person Piloting Feel Realistic: Wipeout has attempted cockpit view before, but it's never really worked for it. I haven't found a single gameplay video that actually keeps it in first person. The fact that first-person stopped being the norm ever since the first game should tell you enough. I not only want to make first person feel more realistic, I also want to make it far more fun. I want first person to be something players actually want to use, to make it not only feel like you're really driving a multi-million dollar/pound/euro/daivana AG craft, but to make it feel like really driving an AG craft is thrilling and straight-up FUN.

A New Weapons System: All my thoughts of a new WipeOut game were first born from this thought. What if I could pickup multiple weapons and put them in a queue, OR, alternatively, combine the weapons I have queued up and turn em into WMDs? I spent a long time combining weapons for the ultimate race-combat experience. By pressing the Fire and Dump Most Recent button at the same time, (and of course holding a compatible set of weapons, try combining something stupid and the weapons detonate inside the craft) and you have yourself an exponentially more powerful weapon. Earthquake-shockwave missiles. Plasma cannons. Flame missiles. And not just straight up crosses, either. Combining an autopilot and a missile, and you have the Hunter Missile from Fusion. Combine a missile and another missile, and you have the Super Missiles from Fusion (again.) Combine two rocket volleys, and you get two Pinballs, rockets that act like the green shell from Mario Kart that ricochet off the walls, gaining speed and damage with every impact with a wall until finally smashing into someone. Combine a Disruptor Bolt with a missile and you get a targeted shield shutdown. This system would exponentiate a) the number of weapons and b) how fun they are to use.

And finally...
Epic Multiplayer: I don't want to half-bake the multiplayer. I want it to be as much of the experience as the single player campaign. You got two methods here: The Leagues, where you take your ship, character, and skills and put them out into the open against fellow pilots across the globe, gaining money and experience just like you would if you were playing single-player, taking place in organized world-wide tournaments, racing for your team, and generally feeling even more like anti-gravity racing is a reality, or Arcade Mode, where you can grab up to three buds on the same console, pick the stock ship for any team, and jump right in to any of the circuits in the game locally or online.

Wow that was a long post. But as you can see, I've been mulling over this, and you know who I want to be hired by after I'm done going to school for game design. Who else wants this game?

Amaroq Dricaldari
21st July 2014, 11:20 AM
Micromanagement would be a pain in the tailhole, but besides that I am interested.

mannjon
24th July 2014, 03:57 AM
Thinking over things, there really isn't much I would change. Any type of non-circuit street racing type of game would suck. It wouldn't be wipeout anymore. They did this for 2048, but it only works because of the timeline, and it is still circuit based. There just isn't any reason to have a street racing type of game. Open world also doesn't work. It just isn't that type of game.

No on realism. I like the floaty futuristic controls it has now. If you want to experience real flying, Flight Simulator is a good choice. It makes more sense to have a Wipeout DLC for Flight Simulator rather than the other way around.

I do like RPG elements. I think earning credits and using them for upgrades would be a brilliant addition. In addition to being able to earn upgrades, they should be customizable too. The ships would still keep to their basic attributes, but would have custom options too, similar to prototypes in 2048. Like for example, lets say that you can purchase upgrades to the weapons systems that enable/disable certain weapon attributes. Maybe you purchase the option to hold more than one rocket, but in doing so it adds to weight and drops overall speed slightly. Or what if you could use a different type of lighter material for the ship body, but at the cost of hull integrity. These added benefits and costs wouldn't alter the total overall attributes too much, rather allow a pilot to customize based on personal racing style preferences. Maybe you can disable speed pads for the ability to hold 2 weapons at once. The possibilities would be incredible to add.

Definitely a yes to a League mode. And not a League campaign mode like was in Fusion either. An true online league would be a nice touch. In addition to that I would add a new race mode: Grand Prix, where you set the laps, weapons are off, and you have unlimited energy like a multiplayer timetrial with many laps.

I would also like the ability to select and deselect certain weapons as a race option. So if you wanted to have a green race you could. If you wanted quakes and turbos you could do that too. If you wanted cannons only, so be it. YOU decide.

...and how about a co-op option where you team race against AI with an online friend in a series of races where you race as a team. Quakes and missiles would not affect your team mates, and you earn points in a tournament together. Heck, why not make a separate online option where you can race your team against other online teams? This could also figure into a team League, which would be awesome.

I would also say include a matchmaking option available to those that wanted to race similar pilots based on records. You could enable/disable this option in the race lobby.

All of these things would help to enhance the game without changing it too much. It would keep its original identity but appeal to more racers.

Trilby
24th July 2014, 06:58 AM
Thinking over things, there really isn't much I would change. Any type of non-circuit street racing type of game would suck. It wouldn't be wipeout anymore. They did this for 2048, but it only works because of the timeline, and it is still circuit based. There just isn't any reason to have a street racing type of game. Open world also doesn't work. It just isn't that type of game.

No on realism. I like the floaty futuristic controls it has now. If you want to experience real flying, Flight Simulator is a good choice. It makes more sense to have a Wipeout DLC for Flight Simulator rather than the other way around.

I do like RPG elements. I think earning credits and using them for upgrades would be a brilliant addition. In addition to being able to earn upgrades, they should be customizable too. The ships would still keep to their basic attributes, but would have custom options too, similar to prototypes in 2048. Like for example, lets say that you can purchase upgrades to the weapons systems that enable/disable certain weapon attributes. Maybe you purchase the option to hold more than one rocket, but in doing so it adds to weight and drops overall speed slightly. Or what if you could use a different type of lighter material for the ship body, but at the cost of hull integrity. These added benefits and costs wouldn't alter the total overall attributes too much, rather allow a pilot to customize based on personal racing style preferences. Maybe you can disable speed pads for the ability to hold 2 weapons at once. The possibilities would be incredible to add.

Definitely a yes to a League mode. And not a League campaign mode like was in Fusion either. An true online league would be a nice touch. In addition to that I would add a new race mode: Grand Prix, where you set the laps, weapons are off, and you have unlimited energy like a multiplayer timetrial with many laps.

I would also like the ability to select and deselect certain weapons as a race option. So if you wanted to have a green race you could. If you wanted quakes and turbos you could do that too. If you wanted cannons only, so be it. YOU decide.

...and how about a co-op option where you team race against AI with an online friend in a series of races where you race as a team. Quakes and missiles would not affect your team mates, and you earn points in a tournament together. Heck, why not make a separate online option where you can race your team against other online teams? This could also figure into a team League, which would be awesome.

I would also say include a matchmaking option available to those that wanted to race similar pilots based on records. You could enable/disable this option in the race lobby.

All of these things would help to enhance the game without changing it too much. It would keep its original identity but appeal to more racers.
Who said anything about taking it off the circuits? That's where it was born and that's where it's staying.

It's called an ANTI-GRAVITY ship. It's staying floaty, but it should feel at least like your driving the floaty ship.

That's precisely what I'm talking about. And Grand Prix is one hell of an idea. Maybe as one of the events in the campaign.

Why not as part of Arcade Mode?

And I agree.

radioavon
25th July 2014, 06:54 PM
I think it’d be cool to take the role of a team manager. So obviously you’d still have the racing component where you are piloting the ship in real races and events, but outside of that you could have sort of a team management mechanic where you can hire different pilots that would give you different bonuses based on weapon aggressiveness or maybe reaction time for handling or something like that. As many people have mentioned the ability to upgrade and customize ships would be cool, so combining those with the ability to have pilots with different stats can really open up the combo possibilities. Additionally you could earn money for the team by placing higher in events which would allow you to dump that back into R&D and unlock different parts or upgrades. You could turn the zone type events into "pilot training" and get XP to level up your pilots that would in turn boost their stats. Would add kind of a RPG element to the game without getting too far away from the model the games have had thus far maybe...

mannjon
26th July 2014, 02:38 AM
Hey there Radioavon! I've raced you a few times on 2048. Nice to see you on the zone ;)

That sounds like a lot of micro-managing to me, but the idea of the whole sponsorship thing could still work without it. Instead of managing different pilots with different stats, how about you tie in upgrades with ship loyalty?

Maybe at certain points, a company will "sponsor" you, and when that happens you get a unique upgrade for the ship you are building loyalty with, as well as a new ship skin. This would encourage players to play through each ship, but provide rewards along the way. I do like the RPG elements about using currency to unlock stuff to. So maybe you unlock a prototype ship upgrade by reaching loyalty, but you have to earn the credits to install it. Each company that sponsor might offer a different type of upgrade. Maybe the first upgrade you get with an Icaras for example is a shield boost. Then later a different company has a thrust upgrade.. and so forth. You could upgrade your ship as you see fit to customize, but I also think that there should be a limit (so you can't use every upgrade at once). This way it allows you to customize your ship without overpowering it.

The only drawback would be mulitplayer. It would be unfair to be a beginner without upgrades. So there would have to be something in place to level things for online play.

Jonny
26th July 2014, 10:36 PM
I really would like to see some sort of TV mode

radioavon
27th July 2014, 04:14 AM
Hey thanks man! Glad to be here.

Yeah I can see the micro management angle, but I kinda like getting into the details like that as a gamer. Different play style I guess. You could simplify the idea by just having the player be the pilot and have the ability to adjust your own skill points or whatever through xp. Def agree about limiting upgrades. It's almost like you'd have slots ya know so you have an air brake slot and you can add the airbrake that is more robust but weighs more which will drop your overall speed, or you can pick the lightweight air brake that is gonna handle like balls but raises your top speed. Gotta be a trade off.

Yeah multi player is the catch. You might have to force everyone to use the baseline ships online, or maybe there is a better match making system to pair you up with people of similar levels and presumably progress. I do think it'd be interesting to see if your ship build could out race another players ship build.

PureSpeed7
28th July 2014, 04:52 PM
I think what would be cool would be a career mode where you sign a contract with a team at the beginning and once you have enough money, you can make your own team. You would be able to make your ship with different frames, brakes and engines. each part would have an affect on your craft like some frames would weigh more but be stronger, etc. Then you could customize the look of your ship with different fronts, rears, side panels, wings and cockpits. Then you would choose between a number of sponsor offers and change the color and put on stripes, flames and that sort of stuff. When you were done, you could take it to the test track to tune your ship. For instance, you could tune the engine to make it have more thrust but less top speed, or the other way around.

I would also like longer tracks, pit lanes instead of absorbing, and a world championship career where there is a scoring system like wipeout fusion where every elimination would earn you 2 points and if you were eliminated, you would get 0. The higher you placed, the more points you'd get. At the end of the race series, the pilot with the most points would win and at the end of the year's championship, the pilot with the highest overall points won and became world champion.

Jonny
28th July 2014, 08:46 PM
The last thing is like a league in WipEout Fusion.

Trilby
29th July 2014, 12:12 AM
I think what would be cool would be a career mode where you sign a contract with a team at the beginning and once you have enough money, you can make your own team. You would be able to make your ship with different frames, brakes and engines. each part would have an affect on your craft like some frames would weigh more but be stronger, etc. Then you could customize the look of your ship with different fronts, rears, side panels, wings and cockpits. Then you would choose between a number of sponsor offers and change the color and put on stripes, flames and that sort of stuff. When you were done, you could take it to the test track to tune your ship. For instance, you could tune the engine to make it have more thrust but less top speed, or the other way around.

I would also like longer tracks, pit lanes instead of absorbing, and a world championship career where there is a scoring system like wipeout fusion where every elimination would earn you 2 points and if you were eliminated, you would get 0. The higher you placed, the more points you'd get. At the end of the race series, the pilot with the most points would win and at the end of the year's championship, the pilot with the highest overall points won and became world champion.

Team formation sounds like a cool idea, but a pain in the ass in terms of actual implementation. No matter how many things you design or how extensive you make the logo/ship editor, you'll never truly get the team you really want. Especially when cosmetic items have associated stats; good stats that feel comfortable to you might make the ship you want to design look like a total shiteburger. (Before anyone tells me that I had more or less the same idea, it's easier to design parts that work with one body type and livery than with every imaginable one.) The sponsor offers actually sound like something that'd add a cool dimension to managing the way you race without intruding onto actual gameplay. I'd like to see that happen.

PureSpeed7
16th August 2014, 05:10 PM
I actually meant only engines, brakes etc. would affect the performance. Fronts, rears, sides, and wings wouldn't, they would just be your preference on appearance.

Fatal inertia is a wipeout style game I have and if you look at the customization, you'll see you have four ships to choose from, and you sort of build on that by choosing upgrades for it. That's what I mean. You'd choose a basic platform and build from there. Every platform would have different visual parts.

Also, something that I think would be cool is something called autosculpt from some of the Need For Speed games. You pick a basic part like a bumper, and you can change the size of the vents and stuff. You make the part just how you want it. This would be cool for cosmetic parts.

Jonny
16th August 2014, 05:28 PM
Autosculpt also had an effect on the part. For example, a wide spoiler was more effective than a small one. Was awesome ^^

PureSpeed7
22nd August 2014, 05:28 PM
Autosculpt also had an effect on the part. For example, a wide spoiler was more effective than a small one. Was awesome ^^

Wait, you mean sculpting my spoiler bigger will make my car go faster, or choosing a big one to sculpt would make it faster? You mean on Need For Speed Pro Street, or all games? (that have autosculpt)

- - - Updated - - -

Man, I just keep having ideas! :)

Turbo pad: A pad on the track that looks like a speed pad but green, gives you an instant turbo boost when you fly over it. Can be used for some epic jumps.

Also, I would like to see super weapons return. When making your ship, you could make your super weapon. You'd choose a basic platform weapon, any regular weapon (rockets, missile, mines etc.) then, you could choose how many projectiles would fire (depending on weapon type) and you'd be given a slider that let you choose the total damage to slowing affect ratio.

My super weapon: super missile (NOT FEISAR'S NO S ON THE END!) a single fire missile that locks on to an opponent. When hit, you are likely to be eliminated. stats: Damage: 80 Slowing affect: 0 :twisted

Jonny
25th August 2014, 03:23 PM
I just meant that Autosculpt not only allowed you to alter the look, but also the performance of the car.

terra-wrists
26th August 2014, 05:30 PM
weather effects like rain and snow,

optical flares,

dust and the like

a better leaderboard

no bugs

released after all beta testing is over

wipeout community events organised by PSN

wipeout branded clothing items and game peripherals

customisable skins for ships

day and night settings for tracks

a story mode with online interactivity

DLC released every year (paid for of course)

hmm, can't think now

mannjon
31st August 2014, 01:22 AM
BETA VERSION FOR EVERYONE THAT HAS COMPLETED HD/FURY!!!!!!!! Oh, and maybe cross-play with PS3, Vita, and PS4 would be nice too.

Amaroq Dricaldari
31st August 2014, 01:51 AM
Hate to burst your bubble, but something like that will be very unlikely to happen.

Maybe if Sony resurrected Studio Liverpool so that they could fix 2048, and possibly make a PS4 port, then I would be happy.

terra-wrists
31st August 2014, 06:17 AM
you'll have to either jump real high or have a very long pin to burst our bubbles - we're dreamers and hopers... our bubbles fly high. Icaras demands so. :D

Jonny
31st August 2014, 07:15 AM
"My game" would base on the F3600, with the original teams, pilots, tracks, weapons, speed classes, mechanics.
Additionally the handling would base on HD/Fury. It would also have a damage simulation, but the ship doesn't gets damaged due to weapon impact.
Also for championship races a team championship will be added.
However, the game would split in three, indpendent parts: Classic-Mode, Career-Mode and Story-Mode.

Classic: Is built up like the original wipEout, you can choose the game mode, the team/pilot and track.
It would also feature a multiplayer part, with single race (online/LAN with 7 other people), championship (online/LAN championship with 7 other people. However, they can join, disconnect and rejoin during it), head to head (online/LAN classic head-to-head), multiplayer race (classic race, two players against 6 AI ships).
Each game mode is also available in Split-Screen mode.

Career: In this mode you create a profile with name, age, weight, gender, height and a genrated Pilot ID (just th data known about every original pilot, with some expectations ;)). Also a feature is that you can create your own pilot logo, design your helmet and choose your racing clour (depands on team).
You would play from 2052-2084, but usually a pilot isn't older than 60.
It's optional to activate practise and/or qualifying andthe race lenght (3, 5, 9, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 50).
The more laps, the more XP-Points.
At the begin you need to find a team, FEISAR wants to see some fast laps, while AG-Systems directly recruits people.
During a year are some special events planned (some of them depend on the team), also there ar test sessions.
Teams will improve their crafts, basing on their race pace and the amount of test events.
The roster is dynamic, but while Kel Solaar will race all the time for Qirex, Arian would never join her sister in a team.
There are also some scripted events, basing on the canon.

Story: In this mode you play through the career of the eight original pilots.

PureSpeed7
4th September 2014, 11:20 PM
Game mode ideas:

Knock Out:

Regular race, but with a timer, when it reaches 0 whoever's in last is eliminated. Last one racing wins. the timer would be: eliminations start in: 15 14 13 etc. once eliminations start it would be 25 seconds until elimination.

Knock out eliminator:

Eliminator but when you're eliminated, you're done, and you get points for eliminations and weapon hits. You get a lot of points for being the last one racing, but with enough eliminations, you can win even when you were eliminated.

Tag:

Weapons do 4 times as much damage as normal, and have no slowing affects. You do a lap without weapons, whoever has the best lap time gets to be "it". When "it", you'll rapidly get points. Others try to destroy you with weapons while you cant pick up weapons. When eliminated, you respawn, but whoever eliminated you is "it". Whoever has the most points at the end of the game wins.

- - - Updated - - -

"My game" would base on the F3600, with the original teams, pilots, tracks, weapons, speed classes, mechanics.
Additionally the handling would base on HD/Fury. It would also have a damage simulation, but the ship doesn't gets damaged due to weapon impact.
Also for championship races a team championship will be added.
However, the game would split in three, indpendent parts: Classic-Mode, Career-Mode and Story-Mode.

Classic: Is built up like the original wipEout, you can choose the game mode, the team/pilot and track.
It would also feature a multiplayer part, with single race (online/LAN with 7 other people), championship (online/LAN championship with 7 other people. However, they can join, disconnect and rejoin during it), head to head (online/LAN classic head-to-head), multiplayer race (classic race, two players against 6 AI ships).
Each game mode is also available in Split-Screen mode.

Career: In this mode you create a profile with name, age, weight, gender, height and a genrated Pilot ID (just th data known about every original pilot, with some expectations ;)). Also a feature is that you can create your own pilot logo, design your helmet and choose your racing clour (depands on team).
You would play from 2052-2084, but usually a pilot isn't older than 60.
It's optional to activate practise and/or qualifying andthe race lenght (3, 5, 9, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 50).
The more laps, the more XP-Points.
At the begin you need to find a team, FEISAR wants to see some fast laps, while AG-Systems directly recruits people.
During a year are some special events planned (some of them depend on the team), also there ar test sessions.
Teams will improve their crafts, basing on their race pace and the amount of test events.
The roster is dynamic, but while Kel Solaar will race all the time for Qirex, Arian would never join her sister in a team.
There are also some scripted events, basing on the canon.

Story: In this mode you play through the career of the eight original pilots.

That actually sounds pretty cool, I would play it! :) Although, one thing I would like to change is that none of the ships would be way better than others, because i'm an ag systems fan.

Amaroq Dricaldari
4th September 2014, 11:56 PM
The description of Knock Out really reminds me of Asphault Injection. And as for Tag, I already had an idea by the same name: Tag Race, Tag Zone and Tag Eliminator. It was a trio of team-based modes (red team vs. blue team), variants of Single Race, Zone Battle and Eliminator respectively.

I like your interpretation of Tag a lot more though.

Light Buster
6th September 2014, 08:40 AM
Resurrect the Wipeout Series and bring it to the PS4.

PureSpeed7
5th April 2015, 01:41 AM
I had another game idea:

WipEout 2215

Makana News Channel 6.

12/13/2214
Interview with Natasha Belmondo and some high profile pilots.

With the FX500 league starting early next year, we went to the ag festival interview key people involved with ag racing.
This is the start of a new era in anti-gravity racing with many key advancements in technology, which allows for some pretty amazing track design.

Natasha Belmondo: "It's great to see anti-gravity racing get new life breathed into it, and some of the tracks are immense!"
She isn't kidding. Sol III is a fan favorite. The start is on the ground, but right after it there is a 550 foot vertical climb at extreme speeds.
With the new turbo pads, extreme jumps are possible. Structural enhancements mean tracks can twist and turn high in the air. There is new safety tech also. When a pilot is eliminated, the rescue bots zoom lightning fast and grab the ship, hauling it to safety. In the cockpit, the pilot's seat has a shield erected around it as usual.
"I'm so happy that people are getting involved everywhere."
There are tracks in China, Japan, U.S.A, Brazil, Hawaii, Makana, Finland, England, Australia, and France.

Micheal Pheil is a pilot for AG Systems.

With this new era of racing, all teams have changed, none more so than world champions AG Systems.
Micheal Pheil: "We have a reputation to keep as being the most successful team around, so we needed to adapt."
AG Systems has completely changed from a single hull to dual hull ship, much like their model from the late 2090s.
"The dual hull ship provides a little more strength at the expence of some of our well-known handling. It's a good extange if you ask me, with the addition of pit lanes instead of absorbing."
Pre-season testing is extremely promising for AG, and it looks like we'll have some truly epic racing to see next year.

After the break: we interview E-GX pilot and AG queen Sarah Lane.
This is Makana News Channel 6.

PureSpeed7
5th April 2015, 02:49 PM
WipEout 2215

Makana News Channel 6.

12/13/2214
Interview with high profile pilots.

Sarah Lane is an EG-X pilot and popular AG-queen.

The FX-500 will introduce very highly combat oriented racing with pit lanes, many weapon pads, and long weapons-friendly straights.
Sarah Lane: "Being a past weapons manufacturer, we are going to have some of the best weapons around, although we will have slightly less firepower than Qirex to save weight."
"We've worked to upgrade our shields and handling a bit in the last year."
"We think that these upgrades will allow us to combat AG-Systems in the FX-500."

EG-X is certainly going to be rivaling AG-Systems again, just like in the FX-400.

Andre Baudin is a Pilot for Qirex.

Qirex's biggest upgrade so far has been the weapons.
Andre Baudin: "We are confident that are weapon systems are completely unmatched compared to any weapon system in the history of AG-Racing, and we're sure we can combat Auricom's new shields."

One thing's for sure, Qirex is going to be eliminating a lot of people in the upcoming league.

After the break: we interview Auricom's pilot and give a summary of each team's ship.

- - - Updated - - -

WipEout 2215

Makana News Channel 6.

12/13/2214
Interview with Japanese Auricom pilot Akiko Hayashi and summary of all teams in the FX-500 Anti-Gravity Racing League.

Akiko Hayashi is a Japanese Auricom pilot.

Auricom has ramped up their shields so much they are only rivaled by Triakis.
Akiko Hayashi: "This revolutionary new shield technology has allowed Auricom to greatly increase the shield capability of our craft while sacrificing only a small amount of speed and maneuverability. We will use this technology in combat with Qirex."

The rivalry between Delia Flaubert and Holst McQueen has never been so strong.

- - - Updated - - -

Now, a summary of the teams that will be competing in the FX-500 Anti-Gravity Racing League.

AG-Systems: The fast friends have changed to a dual hull ship in preparation for the FX-500. It looks as if they are fast as ever.
FEISAR: FEISAR has changed very little between leagues, their ship has stronger shields and a higher top speed.
Auricom: They'll be having some great battles with Qirex in this new combat racing using their strong shields.
Qirex: With the best weapon systems ever, the other teams will have to watch out for the purple ship.
Piranha: Secretive as ever, Piranha showed their craft to the fans at the festival, but no technical data has been released. They are gaining a foothold after Peirmont's death.
Assegai: As for most teams, the Assegai ship has gotten an upgrade to shields. It looks as if they are ready to challenge AG-Systems again.
Goteki 45: The Goteki ship didn't need a shield upgrade, so they upgraded the speed for the long straights.
Triakis: The Triakis ship has a slightly larger engine than the FX-400 variant. It is all set to be a strong contender with it's strong shields.
Mirage: Still a jack of all traits, the team at MAGEC has decided to upgrade all statistics evenly.
Icaras: The team at Icaras has had to upgrade the shields enormously to compete with all of the combat. Still the weakest ship around, it seems Icaras will still be Flying High.
EG-X: The overall speed and strength of the new EG-X ship means it is a strong contender to the mighty AG-Systems.
Harimau: With an upgrade to shields and surprisingly, very strong weapons, the Harimau ship will show just what biofuel can do, with it's 0 emissions engine.

People around the world are very exited about the start of the FX-500 Anti-Gravity Racing League.

12/13/2214

Chill
8th April 2015, 08:19 AM
Remake all the PS1 Wipeouts and Pure, with a cockpit on actual moving hydraulics that would vibrate and a virtual reality headset in the most glorious way imaginable with pilot and craft customization and endless amount of DLC, and I'd be happy.

NeroIcaras
9th August 2015, 07:22 PM
Make a game after f9000 in amateur league, with the abiliy to build your own craft and upgrade/customize, add in new teams and tracks and I'm happy .

Jonny
9th August 2015, 10:52 PM
Why always customisation? It's a professional racing league, not a tuner meet.
Although I wonder what a craft's "setup" would be...
Maybe "airbrake opening lock", limiting the angle the airbrakes get opened, for faster tracks...

AdHoc
10th August 2015, 06:21 AM
What a future WipEout could need, is more depth, background.

A Story mode. Where the pilots and teams organize a world tournament (like in Tekken, Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter), racing in clearly-defined Earth nations/other planets.

Otherwise, it just feels like a bland racing game. HD/Fury filled that hole with great graphics and gameplay, but a new episode would need an entertaining background.

And the WipEout universe & history would be easy to build on.

Edit: this Story mode could even host an Overworld, with interaction features & secrets.

Jonny
10th August 2015, 01:54 PM
A story mode would be great, or at least more depth into the games, like Fusion had, or the original WipEout.

NeroIcaras
11th August 2015, 05:39 AM
Possibly an underground circuit O.o

Rovenami
11th August 2015, 08:12 PM
Temtesh Bay Course 2 from WipEout Fusion did that and the less said about THAT course the better.

AGgamer
11th August 2015, 09:57 PM
I would see the removal of weapon pads from the game and the rng luck based aspect of the game along with it.

AdHoc
12th August 2015, 01:25 AM
You can't do that. It's WipEout, dude.

AGgamer
12th August 2015, 01:35 AM
I wouldn't remove weapons completely, just the luck based aspect. Luck is the last thing you want to be in your competitive video game.

AdHoc
12th August 2015, 06:28 AM
So no weapon pads and non random weapons?

Like in Mario Kart? So if you're last you'll just have Quakes and Boosters?

I call lame :p

AGgamer
12th August 2015, 08:55 AM
Oh god no. Mario Kart is even worse. It's still random but with :turd rubber-banding (better weapons in last) shoved in there to make things even more stupid. That's even less competitive than WipEout's luck all by itself.

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?10019-Idea-for-new-combat-system-in-WipEout

There is no weapon "pick-up" mechanic at all. Instead craft have a predetermined ammo supply that can be used at any time, but can run out if over used. This eliminates the luck aspect of the game and adds a new element of depth to races. Strategy, trigger discipline, mind games, and split second responses to foes are things that would be added/amplified with this kind of new combat system. And most importantly: it's competitive, fair, and intricate.

JFthebestJan
13th August 2015, 12:09 AM
to make online games fair, there has to be a working (read lag-free) netcode in the first place. starting a race from pole-position with a nearly unbeatable EG-X, but losing to an ICARAS which starts from 2nd place or below, isn't exactly what i would call lag-free. there's even lag, when i race in a private room vs. myself on my second PS3, when both PS3s using the same network. my secondary 60GB unit starts always 0.1seconds in front of my primary slim PS3, no matter which unit is host. as long as such problems aren't solved, a game cannot be a fair competition at all.

obviously there's other things that could be considered not fair, but imho the netcode is the ONE thing that makes or breaks an online experience. it's possible to exclude the so called luck factor by simply disabling the weapons, but you can't do anything against lag. if you have it, you're screwed.

AGgamer
13th August 2015, 02:14 AM
I agree that lag is terrible for the online experience. I'm coming from a gameplay standpoint rather than a technical one. If lag could be eliminated then things would obviously improve instantly, but the game itself is flawed in its design as far as considering it 'fair'. I mean... "Oh look! I got like six turbos and five bombs while my opponent gets a bunch of useless cannons and auto pilots! Look how skilled I am! Luck had nothing to do with it!" That's stupid.

Cipher
13th August 2015, 03:09 AM
Lag isn't exactly that significant in this game time-wise, your race time is calculated locally and then compared to the others at the very end, making it quite fair to be honest, you can race with a 10 second lag start and finish last on screen, but you'll jump 10 seconds ahead at the end because the locally calculated time doesn't experience lag, it's more a visual representation really
The only problem you get with it is weapon pickups and pushing, although if you're lagging badly, pushing won't be an issue as you'll probably be ghosted, but for pickups it does matter yes, agreed, lag will always be an issue though, be it a provider thing or a netcode thing, boosting the netcode update interval means degrading performance and possibly losing your 60fps smooth racing experience, and there will sitll be lag with the ones who have $hitty internet, amking it all pointless :p

If there's one thing i could dream about it's another expansion pack for the game, some extra tracks to race on and stuff :)

Cipher

Ace3000
13th August 2015, 04:35 AM
Also, ping is almost always the main cause of lag.

JFthebestJan
13th August 2015, 04:41 PM
...but for pickups it does matter yes, agreed, lag will always be an issue though...

that is exactly the big problem im talking about. a ten seconds lag isn't as bad as a 0.1 lag, because you'll loose the first pickup. that's where the netcode decides who'll win. when i get the first pickup, my chances to win are nearly at 90%+. my internet connection is pretty fast, it shouldn't matter anyway, cause a few KB/s upload/download should be doable for every device connected to the internet, especially in the year 2015! but somehow it's clearly not possible. so there's no fairness involved at all, when playing online. everyone who has been a guest on our german autobahn, knows the elephant racing trucks which are blocking all the cars. it's a nice metaphor to the internet situation. separate 'lanes' would be a solution to this awful status quo. remove either the cars or the trucks and you wouldn't face a slowing down effect anymore. same would apply for internet.

everyone talks net-neutrality of data, but it's clearly not neutral, that's the fault.

Cipher
13th August 2015, 05:37 PM
Have you done a ping test before? It's not really the internet speed that matters, it's the connection to your provider and despite having local hosts as an option, it's not really a pure local host, information still has to travel to the PSN server and back (i don't know where those are located though), signal travel time is the most important (ping basically) and can vary widely depending on distance to provider server, cable traffic and simply provider processing speed

Cipher

JFthebestJan
13th August 2015, 06:07 PM
ping test with PS3? how would you do that? using it's browser?

edit: PS3 browser doesn't support java, so the test isn't accurate i would say

Cipher
13th August 2015, 06:58 PM
With your computer using the same cable (or wifi, whichever you use) that your ps3 is hooked up with
I doubt the PS3 browser has the plug-ins needed to run a ping test :p

Whether it's your ps3 or the compy doing the ping test doesn't really mater, pretty sure the ps3's network "card" is equivalent to most computers and probably won't have much (if any) of an influence

EDIT: 69 is pretty high o_O (hehe that number, time to be immature and giggle like a little girl :p ), still not too incredibly wonky though (i've got a 31ms ping (used to have 8ms at my previous residence))
Packet loss you shouldn't worry about as it's probably the ps3s firewall blocking it (or router firewall)
Still 69 should still be fine and dandy :/

Cipher

NeroIcaras
3rd January 2016, 07:23 PM
My dream WipEout would be called WipEout: Ascension. It would be set in 2218, with circuits from Pure, Pulse and the first Wipeout.
Pure: Pulse: Wip'E"out:
Anulpha Pass Platinum Rush Korodera
Sebenco Peak Outpost 7 Silverstream
Blue Ridge Fort Gale Arridos IV
Vineta K Moa Therma Karbonis V
Sincuit De Konstruct Firestar
Sol 2 Vostok Reef
Arc Prime
Vertica

Teams:
Mirage
FEISAR
AG-Systems
Qirex
Auricom
Triakis
Harimau
Van-Uber
Assegai
Tigron
Piranha
EG-X
Icaras
Goteki 45

Thane Corrigan
3rd January 2016, 11:30 PM
A lot of these suggestions are great. I think my personal dream next-gen WipEout game would be somewhere between several of these:

- 8 completely new tracks
- A Special Edition pack containing an iconic track from each of the previous titles.
- The return of Van-Uber (saved from bankruptcy by a generous benefactor)
- "Career mode" advancement/unlock system based around a full year's racing season and randomised story dramatisation between races.

In terms of ships:
Each team has two selectable chassis types, based around Speed, Agility or Fighter roles. Plus a Prototype third chassis.
(I.E Feisar would most likely have an Agility ship and a Fighter ship, plus a unique Proto ship)

Ship upgrade loadouts for each chassis, to either build on the strengths or compensate for the weaknesses. So, engine or weapon strength enhancements, shield boosts and the like.
Many aspects of this would be optional for most game modes, like a toggle for the cosmetic appearance or stat changes. And multiplayer lobby hosts could force Stock ships.

AdHoc
4th January 2016, 03:30 AM
My dream for WipEout is that they make a new one.

J.666
4th January 2016, 10:04 AM
a new one with a kick option, green racing option, ghost mode option :g

Cipher
4th January 2016, 11:56 AM
Pretty sure a kick option would be abused to fk with innocent people, there's already enough trolling in Wipeout as it is, giving them another way of annoying other pilots seems like a bad idea (Multi vote wouldn't work either with ppl like the x-333 guys) i think

Cipher

J.666
5th January 2016, 07:58 AM
Could also be implied as that people on your block list can't join your game.. So the host has a little advantage. They deserve it since almost nobody hosts games longer than 3 or 4 races

Cipher
5th January 2016, 04:25 PM
I'm sure the x-333 guys would love to kick/ban me whilst seal clubbing other pilots using that setup :P
You could argue those people shouldn't join those guys, but they don't know any better ;)

Cipher

J.666
6th January 2016, 09:46 AM
yep, and when they had enough of them they see another lobby where dbags aren't allowed

terra-wrists
7th January 2016, 12:21 PM
Wouldn't mind a team mode actually where the teams pilots can talk to each other via headset... oh yeah. fix that schit too. lol

nu9get
8th January 2016, 02:34 PM
Capture the flag wipeout :D or relay race mode as extra games modes! but this is far beyond the dreams lol

AGgamer
8th January 2016, 03:01 PM
Team Race
This is an option for almost any mode. Two players select the same team and have shared success. Both craft need to do well for a win. Viable for races, Tourneys, Eliminator, and Zone battle. There is no friendly fire.

Combat race
A variation of Eliminator. In this mode, completing a lap awards more points than it does in eliminator and there is a point 'target' for each lap. Meeting the target awards extra points upon finishing the lap.

Random Pads
This is an option for any multiplayer event. (ie. not time trial or zone) along with turning weapon pads off, you can also turn speed pads off. Additionally, you can select to have the weapon pads and speed pad locations randomized, creating a unique experience for a track you've already raced on. Basically, Weapon pads and speed pads have 3 options each: Off, On (default), or Random.

Permanent elimination
In online multiplayer, the option of making eliminations that occur in the game room permanent. (not availible in eliminator or zone battle)

Amaroq Dricaldari
8th January 2016, 03:24 PM
A new WipEout game, period.
A multiplatform WipEout game, preferably.

Ultimately? I want a WipEout VR, with a proper cockpit view.

Meg.A.Byte
8th January 2016, 03:59 PM
Don't hate me, but Wipeout for PC. But only for gamepad owners. Or not, but I want exactly same controls as in original WO.

Amaroq Dricaldari
10th January 2016, 04:52 PM
A remake of...
WipEout Fusion...
But using Wip3out graphics and physics.

Also, a WipEout 2048 remake of the same nature.

twenty90seven
12th January 2016, 11:51 AM
My dream would be to have a game that looks and plays like the intro video to Wipeout 2097. Also it would be nice to see a Wipeout game with 2097 handling again - sliding around corners, swinging the tail out and scraping against walls. All the releases since Wipeout 3 have seemed to have abandoned the 2097 handling which in my opinion was the best.

Amaroq Dricaldari
14th January 2016, 09:45 PM
You can try the 20th Anniversary build of Ballistic NG; all future builds go back to the Wip3out aesthetic.

Another WipEout game that would be awesome? One that continued the timeline past Pulse/HD, and featured visual ship damage like in Fusion.

The Mammalizer
24th January 2016, 11:39 AM
I think a game after wipeout fusion would be a good idea. It could have unofficial races in abandoned places with crafts from the ps1 era. It would have the same style as the ps1 games but i'm not sure how that would work. I prefer the old environments as they were not a stereotypical future city like.

Amaroq Dricaldari
24th January 2016, 02:03 PM
Unofficial races, on abandoned tracks, using amateur teams:
- Slipstream GX

PS1 style graphics:
- BallisticNG

Check them out under "AG Racing Projects"

NeroIcaras
29th January 2016, 05:09 PM
Also Endurance races with massive cash payouts!

Amaroq Dricaldari
29th January 2016, 05:14 PM
Wait, do you mean Real-Life cash?

NeroIcaras
3rd February 2016, 05:22 AM
No, like credits from WOFusion.

Amaroq Dricaldari
3rd February 2016, 03:15 PM
Ah, okay... Just as long as it doesn't become microtransaction-based

The Mammalizer
26th April 2016, 07:39 PM
A game like 2097 / Xl would be good. I liked the atmosphere of the game. Too bad a new wipeout is near impossible

AGSys
27th April 2016, 07:41 AM
Definitely gotta love that dark, gritty cyberpunk style atmosphere. I think after Fusion though, the games went a little 'lighter' in terms of the overall tone. Pure was the one that started it where it had really sunny, colorful and upbeat environments (which I also freakin' love). Pulse kinda strayed away for a bit, but it was back in HD.

hmetal2001
21st July 2016, 07:03 PM
Why not have ALL THE TRACKS and ALL THE SHIPS in HD? (I mean, faithful reproductions of the circuits in High Definition. Not like how HD's forward Metropia is actually Metropia Black in Pulse. And how the reversed variant has the vertical mag-lock section, instead of the small jumps in Pulse.)

At least the original, 2097, 64(yes, I know it's a remaster of WipEout and 2097), and W3SE(minus the classic league, and with the drag racing). The career mode would have the grid system of Pulse and HD, and the game modes of the newer games (such as Speed Lap, Zone, and HD's Eliminator), while also having Pure's free play mode, with Racebox . If the developer is feeling indulgent, there could also be a custom grid league tournament system in place in a way similar to Pulse, but online. That would go along with custom racetrack making.

If some actually wants it, there could be the challenge system in place, which would be both available in Career mode and Racebox. Also, photo mode would be available.

EDIT: The ships would also be customizable, both visually and performance-wise, in a similar manner as the Need For Speed remake, where it could be possible to put that Odessa Keys cat decal anywhere on the craft, meaning you can plaster that absolutely SWEET FEISAR with that decal.

EDIT 2: Also, Racebox could have a configurable number of laps for Single Race mode, like Gran Turismo. Both Racebox and Career races would give you credits, again, like Gran Turismo. Lastly, I concur with a previous poster about randomizable pads in race tracks. I don't know about physics, but the original's collisions just kill me.

scalliano
16th March 2017, 09:31 PM
Just throwing a few ideas out there ...

I know the games themselves don't really take in the series lore to any great degree, if at all, but how about a spinoff game centred around the amateur FX150 league serving as a prequel to PurE? Most likely a cut-price digital-only game aimed at introducing new/inexperienced players to the series. These games are known for having a steep learning curve and something a bit on the more inviting side could be fun, especially if it were to include that most novel of concepts, local multiplayer. wipEout Levity, anyone? :P

Another idea, expanding upon one mentioned above, would be an amalgamation of 2097 and 64 (yes, I'm aware of 64's tracks being edits of the previous PS1 games, but I reckon they're significantly different to warrant inclusion). This extends to the soundtracks, especially if it means proper high quality versions of PC Music's contributions to 64. Add in a proper career mode, Zone, Elimination, Racebox and 64's all-important 4-player split screen along with an option for oldskool visuals a la the Halo remasters and you're gold. Call it something like wipEout 5000 and throw it up on PSN for £15. I'd buy it. Actually, you know what? Just chuck in the original wipEout tracks, too. The more, the merrier.

MetaKraken
20th April 2017, 07:04 PM
Sony needs to release a new WipEout game once the Omega Collection is released. They seriously can't just ignore on such an anticipated franchise for years.

Revo
20th April 2017, 09:05 PM
Of course they can, if it isn't profitable enough. Omega is kind of ground testing - Sony wants to see, if WipEout as a franchise is worth developing, or should they go on and work on something else, something that will make much more money. As you look at the sales of previous WipEout games, the second option however, is much more likely to become true. But still, there is hope. This time, it has some marketing job done, also PS4 platform is pretty popular. The last but not least is that kind of AG renaissance, it should have impact on Omega selling too.

AdHoc
21st April 2017, 03:09 PM
All WipEout games ever on Steam.
With achievements and extras.

dmcclusky1234
4th May 2017, 01:40 AM
A Track Editor/Creator.

scalliano
4th May 2017, 11:32 PM
Or, just bring back Pulse's ship skin editor.

Cheapether
11th May 2017, 06:54 PM
I'd settle for a retro track pack. Sure, some of the earlier tracks would be hell, but I'd love to see Gare d'Europa and/or Silverstream beautifully redone in HD. Imagine if the tracks had the appearance of having been refurbished as well, as if the league allocated its resources to renovating tracks that have since been left derelict in their respective locations.

MetaKraken
13th May 2017, 10:29 AM
Wipeout Nexus for the PS4 after the Omega Collection. XDev should really revive the beloved series, with revamped tracks and teams, even maybe Arial Tetsuo's legacy. ;)

hmetal2001
15th May 2017, 05:06 PM
I'd settle for a retro track pack. Sure, some of the earlier tracks would be hell, but I'd love to see Gare d'Europa and/or Silverstream beautifully redone in HD. Imagine if the tracks had the appearance of having been refurbished as well, as if the league allocated its resources to renovating tracks that have since been left derelict in their respective locations.

Or the "neo-tronic" thing gets better. A far better retcon imo.

Jonny
16th May 2017, 09:57 PM
Now with Omega Collection being a thing - which is basically just 2048 on the PS4 including DLCs, I'd love a huge megapack of WipEout games. Remaster of all titles into one (and dare the devs would introduce shield energy into the F3600)

hmetal2001
20th May 2017, 05:47 AM
(and dare the devs would introduce shield energy into the F3600)

They could use the mass stat for shield, I guess.

EDIT: And Sinucit in HD would look awesome. Definitely a ton of screenshots will be taken

Jonny
21st May 2017, 09:22 PM
I mean that they should not do that in case though

deaddoctor2010
23rd May 2017, 07:57 AM
I'd like to see some of those future cars shown in the 2048 intro... perhaps add a few modes based on them.

Also i would add a cloking device for use in eliminator, and develop some more wider tracks & eliminator battle areanas.

oh and perhaps install a boost function like hydro thunder... but that might be a bit too much.

sweetdiss
19th June 2017, 08:40 PM
I know some people didn't like the slightly less futuristic environments in 2048, but I thought it was a brilliant idea to inject something "new" (so to speak) into the series.

With that in mind, I think a great way to keep breathing life into the series is to eventually have it move off of Earth entirely. Zipping around alien planets would be really cool, and there would be endless opportunities for inventive/weird/interesting visuals.

Another thing I think would be great would be a practice mode where you can slow down the gameplay. Like set the game at 20% speed and practice all the corners and how you use air breaks really slowly. Some of the Guitar Hero games did this, and it made a huge difference in learning the songs.

mannjon
19th June 2017, 10:30 PM
Maybe not slow down, but how about have a training mode that visually indicates optimal lines (given 2048 kind of does this with speed pads)? That wiggle-wobble pilot assist bullsh!t certainly isn't helping new pilots.

They did make a track that was off Earth. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't Spilskinanke supposedly on Mars or something like that?

I personally don't think the alien planet thing would catch on, but I did like the terrain stuff on Fusion. Avoiding trees was a lot of fun, and the ice effects were fun too (though the physics didn't make sense: anti-grav ships don't "slide around" on ice).

I'd like to see more open terrain tracks like they have in FAST RMX, just with Wipeout physics and weapons. I also really liked the track changes they had in Fusion. They were kind of like the skillcuts, but had to be activated to access. Taking a shortcut, and then closing off the entrance would be a fun (and annoying) addition.

T-301
25th December 2017, 08:43 PM
I would appreciate the addition of more airtime in the tracks. As in 2048 Sol/Altima levels of airtime. Really, when ships can go so fast to the point of catching flight mid-race, why not leverage on that for even more hype?

I would also like to see the addition of "guest" teams from other videogame series like they did with Pure. Personally I'd bring companies such as the Neucom Incorporated and General Resource Limited from Project Aces' Ace Combat 3. They have some neat designs that could work as AG ships, such as the R-311 Remora and the UI-4054 Aurora.

https://i.imgur.com/wgVQxZR.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/R8YQaQP.jpg

Jonny
4th January 2018, 02:44 PM
WipEout x Ace Combat crossover really needs to happen at some point in some form. Considering that Ace Combat also is home on the PlayStation (but not exclusively anymore) that even more needs to happen.

Now to pin it down to one request I really have for any game ever maybe happening: More background material. Like, WO1 and Fusion levels of plot. Real pilots, actually faces you can think to a craft on the track.

Osmos55
8th April 2018, 09:14 AM
One thing I find very interesting is the dynamic damage in WO Fusion. Honestly one of my most favorite parts of the game. This opens many opportunities. While I believe it shouldn't affect performance (speed, handling etc.), I would like the idea of that area would be weaker than the rest. Just an idea...

Chill
22nd October 2018, 12:22 AM
^^^ I love that idea too. Its futuristic but not TOO futuristic. The idea of a perfectly safe clean and shiny future wasn't the entire appeal to the core of Wipeout. The modern PS4 Wipeout feels really clean. I'm not saying it's not a really good game, just saying that there still is content ideas for a different kind of Wipeout that could do it justice.

I have to say that I miss the dark gritty style of the older ones. Like these high tech ag-crafts and tracks were hiding a dark understory. A lot like bladerunner, and it goes really well with a more futuristic new wave 80s retro vibe in my opinion. Now I see the attempt with Metropia. If anyone had seen the classic film this track was named after, you'd see how.

It doesn't even have to be lo-fi 80s retro but the idea that there are obvious sign to a dark undertone that don't directly reveal the issue, but rather hint at it are very important to me. Such issues could be the moral dilemmas of cloning, or common mistreatment of androids as lovers, or capitalists using robotic soldiers the keep people slaves of a rat-race system much like THX1138. Or perhaps a track that takes place in a highly toxic radioactive environment of death with only signs of previous inhabitants and occasional homeless recklessness left behind.

The point is there are all sorts of avenues and possibilities that could be used in a creation of what could feel like a deeper Wipeout.

I also loved the dynamic theme of the old flash website of Wipeout Fusion. Even though the physics were off, there were a lot of elements that game was going for that was genius. It made it feel dark and largely epic.

All this, and I miss weather. Once again Wipeout feels very safe and bright. Why not present tracks that are dark and dangerous again. Some Wipeout Fusion tracks did that well. Weather effects such as the options of heavy fog, or extreme storms and blizzards. So much so that they actually effect the controls and balance of the craft. Elements that effect the physics of racing hasn't been seen since Silverstream and I think more of it should, and it wouldn't even have to effect the entire track the same way.

All this and in VR. Just some things I miss and would love to see back.

Edit: I would also like to add that adding more hazardous racing conditions provides an entertaining challenge when the skill of the player has to adapt to device malfunctions such as ag-craft parts and weaponry as well as putting a twist on the style of content. Perhaps different kinds of missiles can work in some environments but not others. Maybe weapons that can have multiple uses can he introduced. Other than this, just more customization is about all I can think of. And a moving reactive game chair lol, but this provides direction for further content.

Edit 2: another idea that has cropped up since bringing mishaps and malfunctions into play are the lives of the pilots. Providing the option of an evacuation system brings even more tension into online multiplayer. Such as a tournament, if the ship is destroyed it is a DNF from the race, but of the ship AND the pilot is killed, it is a DNF from the entire tournament. There could also be a time set for no longer being able to choose the team/pilot after such an occurance. Just another idea to throw into the hat.

T-301
25th March 2019, 07:34 PM
They're sitting on a massive goldmine if they make a game about the FX150. Since it was an amateur season, they could introduce things like custom emblems for players (like For Honor does), ship customization with both independently-made ship parts and official parts made by canonical teams that you can unlock with in-game points, and maybe even implement a clan system (or rather, a "racing team" system) where players can build their own teams with other players and organize clan matches accordingly (2v2v2v2, 4v4, etc.). Not to mention it'd essentially "canonize" all the unique pilots/ships/teams people create.
There's no shortage of possibilities, really. Hopefully it'll be real someday.

Chill
19th April 2019, 06:26 PM
When we think of the purpose of a real Wipeout sport, it's actually believable if it can be done through physics. When we think of combat such as war, it's not all just about domination and resources. It about evolution and adaptation for the workings of physics. Battles have always been a part of human history for that fact. What is the goal of humanity once we get rid of war? I believe it's for space exploration and possibly battles. The "space force" will most likely come about eventually. What could set humans up to evolve to such physics of combat? Why not a sport such as Wipeout, which involves blood guts and glory. When the pilots aren't racing they can be prettied up in their service dress sporting their team colors but the races don't need to he clean and safe, they would be dark and gritty. At least in areas away from the audience.

Wipeout served as a bridge of the gap between the physics on a planet's surface and of space. It even uses some weapons which involve space physics and weather effects such as the plasma and some of the weapons on Fusion (which I thought was doing a great job along with this idea).