PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout 2048 TT Championship

Jonny
11th May 2013, 04:21 PM
Who is interested in an Wipeout 2048 League?I´m thinking about a Time Trial Championship,the fastes time wins.
Requirements:
-Wipeout 2048:P
-PS Vita
-Digicam or rendering program(Don´t know one)

First I want to know who want to do something like that(PM or write it in this topic),if there are enough pilots I´ll introduce all and we can start.

WipEout 2048 TT Championship

Competitors
1. JonnydotB
2. kaori714
3. Szeikan
4. cam-let

Overview
The WipEout 2048 TT Championship will take place over 5 sets each lasting 2(?) weeks. For each TT points are awarded based on how your time ranks against the other competitors. The competitor with the most total points at the end of the 10 TTs is declared the champion.

1st -
2nd -
3rd -
4th -
5th -
(once we get a general idea of how many people will be participating we can set the point values)

Restrictions
1. Only SPEED ships may be used
2. For each set you must use the same speed ship across both of the TTs
3. You may not use the same speed ship for more than one set

This means that by the end of the Championship you will have used all 5 speed ships (one for each of the 5 sets).

Set 1
Capital Reach C 2
Rockway Stadium A 3

Set 2
Queens Mall B 2
Altima A 3

Set 3
Metro Park C 2
Downtown A 3

Set 4
Rockway Stadium B 3
Sol A 2

Set 5
Unity Square B 2
Capital Reach A 3

kaori
13th May 2013, 02:49 PM
It's a good initiative, I'm in.

SZEIKAN
13th May 2013, 11:11 PM
WipEout 2048 TT Championship

Competitors
1. JonnydotB
2. kaori714
3. Szeikan
4. cam-let

Overview
The WipEout 2048 TT Championship will take place over 5 sets each lasting 2(?) weeks. For each TT points are awarded based on how your time ranks against the other competitors. The competitor with the most total points at the end of the 10 TTs is declared the champion.

1st -
2nd -
3rd -
4th -
5th -
(once we get a general idea of how many people will be participating we can set the point values)

Restrictions
1. Only SPEED ships may be used
2. For each set you must use the same speed ship across both of the TTs
3. You may not use the same speed ship for more than one set

This means that by the end of the Championship you will have used all 5 speed ships (one for each of the 5 sets).

Set 1
Capital Reach C 2
Rockway Stadium A 3

Set 2
Queens Mall B 2
Altima A 3

Set 3
Metro Park C 2
Downtown A 3

Set 4
Rockway Stadium B 3
Sol A 2

Set 5
Unity Square B 2
Capital Reach A 3

camlet
13th May 2013, 11:45 PM
I'm in .question can we use screen shoots instead if we dont have digcam

kaori
13th May 2013, 11:50 PM
The game don't support them.

Jonny
14th May 2013, 12:14 PM
So my plans(and yes you can take a photo of your time to):
Every player can race how long and often he(or she;))wants.For every track you have 2 weeks,than the times are due.
But there are some questions:
-Should be ships permanently?(e.g. if you choose Qirex Speed you have to race every time in a Qirex Speed ship?Or until the Season ends?)
-Race calender:I think we race the tracks in the original season,so we race in empire climb and so one in the 2048 season(the season in that we start)and in subway in the 2049 season and sol and altima are in the 2050 calender.
Improvements?

SZEIKAN
15th May 2013, 06:01 AM
Actually upon thinking about this more, this is how I would set it up (you can see my original post in italics in the second half of this post). Instead of Seasons, we have TTs in pairs. We also cut two of the duplicate TTs (TTs on the same track) so we only have 10 TTs instead of 12. This means we have 5 pairs of TTs for a total of 10 TTs. Here are the pairs

Set 1
Queens Mall B 2
Unity Square B 2

Set 2
Rockway Stadium B 3
Metro Park A 3

Set 3
Sol A 2
Downtown A 3

Set 4
Rockway A 3
Altima A 3

Set 5
Queens Mall A 3
Capital Reach A 3

For each set you pick a Speed ship to use. You can only use each Speed ship once. Why set it up like this?

1. This way all five speed ships get used and adds some strategic depth to managing which ship you use for which set.
2. The whole Championship can be completed in 10 weeks instead of 24 weeks.

Original Post
I'm fine with having the seasons based around the TTs in each year (in the campaign grid) as you suggested. I suppose the season breakdown will be like:

Season 1
Metro Park (Course) C (Speed Class) 2 (Laps)
Capital Reach C 2
Queens Mall B 2

Season 2
Unity Square B 2
Rockway Stadium B 3
Metro Park A 3

Season 3
Sol A 2
Downtown A 3
Rockway Stadium A 3

Season 4
Altima A 3
Queens Mall A 3
Capital Reach A 3

I split the 2050 campaign TTs into two seasons so it's consistent in length. I think 2 weeks may be too long. To complete an entire cycle (all 4 seasons) would take 6 months. 1 week should be sufficient for each TT. 3 months seems more reasonable (and even then it's still pretty long). I've played in other online tournaments like this that had very lose time restrictions and it becomes a problem. When a tournament takes place over the course of multiple months you'll often have people drop out for various reasons as things come up, especially since there is no real incentive (monetary or otherwise) besides prestige to continue. This worked out okay for HD and the World Cup, but the player-base was also larger for HD to begin with. Hopefully we can get more people involved, but if it's just a few of us and the Championship takes many months I'm afraid people may lose interest.

Ship Restrictions
As for ships, that's a good point. Here is what I'd like to see to make things more interesting.

1. Only speed ships are allowed (no FEISAR prototype!)
2. You must use the same speed ship for the entire season (each 3 TT group)
3. You must use a different speed ship each of the 4 seasons (this means that by the end you'll have used 4 of the 5 speed ships)

Why? This creates an element of strategy. Which speed ship do you want to have access to for each season? Which ship works the best across the three different events you'll have to use it for? I think that this makes things more interesting than just picking the obvious best ships for each events. It also will give the Qirex and Auricom Speed ships more exposure since they are largely useless besides in Altima A class otherwise. If you don't put these restrictions then you'll be seeing a lot of FEISAR Prototype and Pir-hana speed which is pretty boring, especially if you've done a lot of Speed Laps already.

kaori
15th May 2013, 03:12 PM
It's a good idea to do 5 sets with 5 different speed ships.

I'd rather Capital Reach C2 instead of A3, and pair each C or B class TT with a A class TT, for more doubts about the rankings or ship's choice.

SZEIKAN
16th May 2013, 03:47 AM
@jonnydotB It seems like we're actually going to get this off the ground. I edited my first post in this thread as an example of how you may want to format your opening post. I think it's a good idea to lay out the rules clearly as well as to list who is participating.

@kaori Sounds good. I actually didn't really think about the groupings. The sets I made were just an example. Here are updated Sets taking in mind your suggestion kaori and also trying to space apart the repeat courses. I also put one 3 lap and one 2 lap TT in each set.

Set 1
Capital Reach C 2
Rockway Stadium A 3

Set 2
Queens Mall B 2
Altima A 3

Set 3
Metro Park C 2
Downtown A 3

Set 4
Rockway Stadium B 3
Sol A 2

Set 5
Unity Square B 2
Capital Reach A 3

Jonny
17th May 2013, 01:57 PM
My Ideas:
-Every Ship allowed(unless there is an special ship or ship class for that event)
-Point system:
1st:10P
2nd:8P
3rd:6P
4th:5P
5+6th:4P
7th:3,5P
8-10:2P
11-15:1P
No time set:-0,5P

Application Form(everyone has to fill in this,even whose who already want to race)
PSN-ID:JonnydotB
Age(In Germany Wipeout is 12+:hyper):15
Nationality:German
Anti-Gravity experience:wipEout,Wipeout Pulse,Wipeout 2048,Wipeout 2D
An example is in red(and my data too:P)

Race:
1.Unity Square(FEISAR Speed only)C-Class
2.Metro Park B-Class
3.Queens Mall(Fighter Only)B-Class
4.Altima(Anything but Fighter)C-Class
5.Sol(Agility only)C-Class
6.Capital Reach(Prototype only)B-Class
7.Empire Climb A-Class
8.Rockway Stadium(Fighter vs Agility)A-Class
9.Downtown A-Class
Non championship Race:Empire Climb(Anything but Prototype)A+-Class
10.Subway A-Class
11.Sol A-Class
12.Altima A-Class
Non championship Race:99 Laps of Altima A-Class
Battle:
14.1 on 1 Subway(Fighter only)C-Class(2 Player)
15.Qirex vs Auricom Altima B-Class(Max 6 Player)
16.Speed vs Agility Sol A-Class(All)

Application for Battle:
Wich Battle(Number from 14-16):16
Team/Ship type(only 15 and 16):Speed

kaori
17th May 2013, 10:02 PM
The point system should be decided later, when we know an approximated number of players.
Each rank have to give different points.

And I'd rather Szeikan's championship, I think his system is better and easier to understand, it's pure TT. Then, the fact you must change of ship will permit to everyone being competitive at some races.

Jonny
18th May 2013, 01:24 PM
OK:frown,but I want an endurance race:g

duncandes
21st May 2013, 04:29 PM
Sign me up.

Jonny
22nd May 2013, 04:38 PM
I think we need some organisation.@kaori: @SZEIKAN: Do you want to help?:hyper
We use SZEIKAN´s championship,PLUS one Endurance Race.
The Race will be in Altima,A Class and goes over 100 Laps.

PSN-ID:
Anti-Gravity experience:
Is this OK?

If we have enough contender we will set the point system,final rules and the dates.

duncandes
23rd May 2013, 08:17 PM
Sorry, but I'm not in the subject or I don't understand properly...
Can You bring me on what an enduracne race is?
I understand words but can't imagine... I assumption that endurance race is speed lap challenge and this one who make the most laps wins? How controling this ? I can't imagine that i record on the camera my progress... but I can shoot photo at the end for egz..

Jonny
24th May 2013, 12:23 PM
Right,I´ll think about this special race later...

TheConzio
26th May 2013, 04:57 AM
Count me in.

Jonny
31st May 2013, 11:00 AM
Ok,for everyone who want´s to race:
I need your PSN-ID!
Optional you can write your:
Nationality
It´s voluntary of you don´t want,don´t add it ;)

Competitors:

Name
Nationality
Skype name

JonnydotB
Germany
JonnydotB
jonnydotb

kaori
France
?
kaori714
?

SZEIKAN
?
?
SZEIKAN
?

camlet
?
?
cam-let
?

duncandes
Poland
?
duncandes
?

TheConzio
Australia
theconzio
?

TheConzio
31st May 2013, 02:21 PM
You can add my age (I'm 15) :)

kaori
31st May 2013, 09:07 PM
I propose :

Calendar
Set 1
10th-20th June : Capital Reach C 2
21st-30th June : Rockway Stadium A 3

Set 2
1st-10th July : Queens Mall B 2
11th-20th July : Altima A 3

Set 3
21st-31st July : Metro Park C 2
1st-10th August : Downtown A 3

Set 4
11th-20th August : Rockway Stadium B 3
21st-31st August : Sol A 2

Set 5
1st-10th September : Unity Square B 2
11th-20th September : Capital Reach A 3

Deadline to post your time : 12.00 GMT for everybody

Points system :
15-13-12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 (if we ever had more than 15 players on a TT, we will be able to retrofit the points system by adding points for each rank eg 20-18-17-...-4-3-2-1, even for the races already played)
No time = 0 point
Tie : both players get points for the best place, eg Mike & John are second, they both get 13 points, the following is the fourth and earn 11 point.

I need your point of view for some things :

1. the ship's choice (FEISAR for set 1, AG-System for set 2 etc).
Will we announce our 5 choices before the entire championship, or just before each set of TT ?

2. posting our times : will we post in this topic, with possibility for opponents to see the times and try to beat us just before the deadline, or will we send them by Personnal Message to one person. If you prefer the second suggestion and if you want, I can receive them and I'll only open them after the deadline. Post your times on the topic would keep permitted, and send a new PM if you get a faster time too.

PS : Jonny, I'm 27 and don't use Skype.

Jonny
1st June 2013, 12:04 AM
I think we can post our times in the forum,and the time that gets counted will be posted to kaori
And to your first question: I think everyboy can use the ship he\she wants,but only one time
and kaori's calender is good

- - - Updated - - -

I think we can post our times in the forum,and the time that gets counted will be posted to kaori
And to your first question: I think everyboy can use the ship he\she wants,but only one time
and kaori's calender is good

SZEIKAN
4th June 2013, 08:40 PM
I'm from the US. I don't really use Skype though. Also, sorry I disappeared for a few days. I'd be happy to help with the organization though it seems kaori probably could have that covered. I left my Vita charger at home before I went away for business and haven't had a chance to get it back yet. My house is only a few hours away from where I'm staying this summer though so I can go back and pick it up before the TT Championship starts (there are some other things I need to so I'm not driving back just to get the charger in case you were wondering =P).

I propose :
Points system :
15-13-12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 (if we ever had more than 15 players on a TT, we will be able to retrofit the points system by adding points for each rank eg 20-18-17-...-4-3-2-1, even for the races already played)
No time = 0 point
Tie : both players get points for the best place, eg Mike & John are second, they both get 13 points, the following is the fourth and earn 11 point.

I need your point of view for some things :

1. the ship's choice (FEISAR for set 1, AG-System for set 2 etc).
Will we announce our 5 choices before the entire championship, or just before each set of TT ?

2. posting our times : will we post in this topic, with possibility for opponents to see the times and try to beat us just before the deadline, or will we send them by Personnal Message to one person. If you prefer the second suggestion and if you want, I can receive them and I'll only open them after the deadline. Post your times on the topic would keep permitted, and send a new PM if you get a faster time too.

Your calender looks good and so does the tentative point system which we can finalize when we see how many contestants we ultimately have. As for your questions:

1. I was thinking that you can decide as you go. So just announce the ship you will use right before the TT set of that week. We (the organizers) will keep track of which ships each person has used throughout the course of the TT Championship.
2. You raise a good point. I suppose it would be okay to just post them here, but I do think it would be better if they are hidden (sent to you probably) and only updated at the end of each set.

I don't feel too strongly on these 2 points though so if people prefer otherwise don't hesitate to do these the other way (ship lineup chosen at start and times posted in thread).

I do feel strongly that we should only use Speed ships though (in response to johnny's post). No one will use combat or agility ships so the only thing that not restricting TT to speed ships would do is allow people to use FEISAR prototype for one set. I'd rather not let people use this ship.

kaori
4th June 2013, 09:48 PM
I agree FEISAR prototype mustn't be chosen, because the 5th set won't be fun :D.
5 sets, 5 speed ships, no prototype.

Jonny
6th June 2013, 03:55 PM
As I said,I´m agreeing with kaori to,but I think I would have used an Agility Ship in Sol,if it had been allowed ;)

kaori
8th June 2013, 12:39 PM
The idea is that everyone uses the 5 same ships in the competition. And after this championship, we could start a new season with only Agility ships.