PDA

View Full Version : What IS The Matrix?

lilbru98
31st May 2003, 08:27 AM
I've watched The Matrix twice. And, to be honest with you I didn't like it the first time I watched it. But, after watching it the second time... my opinion about the movie has changed dramatically. I still don't understand it perfectly, only because I have come up with so many theories as to why certain things happen in the movie and why. Which comes to my first question. Is it possible that Neo could be a program himself?
No. 1 The Oracle was talking about Programs existing... becoming exiles... or being deleted. Both she and her body guard are programs. No. 2 The French Guy mentioned that Neo was no different from him because of a certain power that they want. His wife said he used to be like you. He's holding the key maker because the key maker himself is a program. That key maker holds the key to allow "The One" to enter "The Source". Only programs can enter the source, which goes back to what the oracle was saying about programs going back to the source. No. 3 The Architect of the Matrix called him an anomaly. Said that he was "DESIGNED" and that he had predecessors that were also designed to... reset the Matrix. No. 4 There are also instances where the line "He is STILL only human." All these support the Matrix still existing within the real world/zion, and that it is possible that Neo could be a program himself. Also Zion could be the earlier versions of the matrix. Look at it this way... Our computers... When we open our programs on our desktop... (we can call that the matrix)... which is existing in front of our eyes, we see it... we can use it... etc. But, just because we close those programs... doesn't mean that when we close it... it no longer exist. They're still there... sometimes in our start up menu... or just there. But, until we reset our computer again... does everything go in it's proper place. I don't know... hehe... maybe that's why they say you have to watch it 3 times.

Thruster2097
31st May 2003, 09:42 AM
dude, I think you need to rekax a little. You`re starting to sound like mouse and his theory behind tasty wheat.
The Matrix is not there to be understood..... its just there because the ladies get Keanu Reeves, the guys get Carrie-Anne Moss, and they just happen to be wearing skintight latex and leather. Its just a movie... really!

Synthetic Consciousness
31st May 2003, 09:50 AM
Mmmmmm....Tasty Wheat.... *drools like Homer* :P

[Ed:t]: Anyone here got the recipe for Dozer's grog? The movies might make more sense with some of that stuff corroding our livers. :P

[Ed:t-2]: Mmmmmm....Tasty Wheat.... :P http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue214/letters.html

[Ed:t-3]: Buy the real stuff here! :D http://www.satooz.com/category4_1.htm

Thruster2097
31st May 2003, 09:54 AM
yeah, 1 part Jack Daniels, 1 part Castrol GTX :lol:

Synthetic Consciousness
31st May 2003, 10:09 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm a little hesitant to gulp down motor oil, though. If what Anna posts on her site is true, would a great deal of Coca Cola do the trick? :o

[Note to self]: Must buy some Coke and a T-bone steak to try the experiment she lists. :P

Bob Todd
31st May 2003, 12:09 PM
Could it even be a Matrix within a Matrix? Neo managed to stop all those sentinels nearing Zion in the same way he stops bullets (which, by the way, have no grooves on them at all, which make real bullets spin as they leave the barrel).
Perhaps Revolutions will end in a similar way to the first MIB film (in which the entire universe as we know it is shown to be inside a marble that a vast creature is playing with), and this whole series of complex Matrices will just be something tiny.

EDIT: And why does everyone in Zion have such grubby clothes? Do they not have washing machines or washing powder? Could they not grow cotton plants under sunlamps to make new clothes?

AmishRobot
31st May 2003, 02:21 PM
Personally, I was baffled by the completely irrational design of the machanics in the city. As if the engineer designing it said, "Let's have several offset plateaus of water suspended over a seemingly bottomless pit, with no guard rails along the edges! Yeah! Makes sense!!"

I also found the "2001" looking command center to be completely out of place. (though cool looking)

Lance
31st May 2003, 06:18 PM
i wonder if the water plateau idea came from that old internal album cover that british artist Roger Dean did for Close To The Edge by the rock/jazz band, Yes. it created a big 'stir' in the world of popular art in the '70s. even though it looks unbelievable from the standpoint of everyday physics, it just looks so great that you don't care whether it could work or not

Piranha Advancements
3rd June 2003, 04:23 PM
Smith will suffice! Smith will suffice!

Me! Me! Me!

I am the Alpha..to your Omega!

I am the Inevitability..to your Death!

Smith will suffice! Smith will suffice!

Harvai
6th June 2003, 12:23 PM
What is the Matrix you ask?

A DAMN GOOD MOVIE, THAT'S WHAT IT IS!!!!!

I'm going again just to see Neo fight those 250 odd Smiths!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!