PDA

View Full Version : PSP Vita Memory Card query for Wipeout

JQM2012
12th December 2012, 03:52 PM
I am just about to purchase a Vita, to get a copy of Wipeout 2048 (physical copy). I will also be buying the first wipeout, and pulse and pure from the PSN, and the expanded update for 2048. How big of a memory card do I need to cover this? 4GB fine, 8GB safer? 16GB?

In truth I am pretty unlikely to do much else other than play wipeout so, that is all the space I will need. Thanks for the info, guys!

Colonel
12th December 2012, 07:34 PM
Get a 16. At the moment you think you'll only use it for xyz, but you'll likely change your mind and get more games etc. I've run out of room on my memory card, yes I can get another but it's a pain swapping. Trust me, get a big un.

JQM2012
12th December 2012, 08:38 PM
Get a 16. At the moment you think you'll only use it for xyz, but you'll likely change your mind and get more games etc. I've run out of room on my memory card, yes I can get another but it's a pain swapping. Trust me, get a big un.

Thanks for the advice! But, I am certain I will only be using it for Wipeout. I bought an N64 and only used it for W64, and bought a PS1 after they became cheap solely to get ahold of W3SE. (I also re-bought WO and WO2097 which I already had for the sega saturn)

I'm only buying this new console because of the new Wipeout game! so, will 8GB be sufficient then?

stin
12th December 2012, 09:04 PM
For wipeout only, it`s plenty but like Colonel says get 16gb. Trust me, in a long run, you will eventually do something about it, like taking pictures, video ect....

But, it`s up to you.

stevie :)

JQM2012
12th December 2012, 09:13 PM
Hmm okay! I will take that into account. Thanks very much guys! Real excited to get started with this new Wipeout.

amplificated
13th December 2012, 07:11 AM
If I may be blunt, you honestly don't sound very educated on the Vita, 2048, or the Vita's memory cards. I would seriously recommend researching all of them further until you can logically and comfortably make the decision to buy them all on your own, as I think there is a real risk of disappointment for you, especially if you're young and don't have a few hundred dollars lying around to spend on luxuries all that often. 2048 is not worth it, from my perspective.

Colonel
13th December 2012, 09:24 AM
amp what are you on about man? The guy's first post on this forum states "For my own background I should mention that I have owned and played every Wipeout game going back to 1995." Even in this thread he's said he's played WO1, 2097, WO3SE and Wo64 (sorry, I'm assuming you're a "he"). But he's not "educated enough" to buy a Vita just for 2048?

I'm honestly confused.

amplificated
13th December 2012, 10:02 AM
website broke, not going to repeat entire post, something about this dude being a collector which I should have picked up on instead of skimming over his second post, my statement becoming mostly invalid in this case because of that, apologies

Full disclosure on topic at hand:
WipEout 2048 and its updates will guaranteed never take up 4GB of space, and neither *should* the Vita's OS in addition. If you are confident you will never install a single other thing, you should be fine. If you want even one other game or to download programs from the PSN, 4GB will not suffice comfortably.

multibodydynamics
13th December 2012, 11:11 AM
HD/Fury expansion + Pure + Pulse + Wipeout 1 is roughly 1 GB. So 4 GB-card should be enough, if it is like you said that you will never use the Vita for anything else.

Knux_Chaotix
13th December 2012, 12:16 PM
The 4GB one is doing me fine and I have Wipeout 2048, Pulse, Pure and Wipeout 1 on my Vita (the only games I seem to be playing on it :P )

Colonel
13th December 2012, 02:17 PM
I've only got Pure, 2048 + HD Fury add-on, and Escape Plan, and my 4GB is pretty full. I think considering the Vita's best part of £200, why skimp on the memory when 16GB is only about £30 and you need never worry about it again?

Amorbis
13th December 2012, 07:15 PM
You need to take into account that the Vita takes up some space on any size card, so a 4Gb isn't actually 4GB of space to use. I purchased a 16GB card as a precaution and it has paid off so far, as I have since bought PS1 and PSP games. Even if you only plan to buy WipEout there is free stuff on the store that you might download, such as apps and demos.

In the long run it will be cheaper to buy a large card than to have to buy a new one. The difference in cost isn't too huge, either.

JQM2012
13th December 2012, 07:39 PM
Thanks to amplificated (cheers for the concern, it is definitely not the most frugal decision ever but needs must!), multibodydynamics, knux_chaotix, colonel and amorbis for your input!

It seems the consensus is that 4GB WILL suffice, but, only just, and that the benefits of having an 8GB card more than make up for the discrepancy in cost. I was hoping 4 would do because there is a nice travel pouch kit going for the same price as an 8GB card, that includes a 4gb one.... I guess I shall just have to bite the bullet and spend more on both, oh well oh well!

I have heard concerns about this latest wipeout, in truth I normally wait for a system to go out of style before I get myself caught up on it anyway, but, the close of studio liverpool this year has saddened me.... want to add another sale for wipeout 2048 from the year 2012, ya know? And it doesn't bother me if the game is changed, the experience of 2097 and 3SE will forever be the ultimate for me, I just love wipeout enough to want all of them (least fave is probably Fusion and I still enjoy that quite a bit!).

Cheers again guys!