PDA

View Full Version : Transcendence Time Attack

Colonel
22nd November 2012, 12:11 PM
Welcome to the Transcendence Time Attack challenge. It's essentially a challenge to start HD from scratch with a new account, and get the Transcendence trophy in as short a time as possible.

There are be two possible ways of winning:

Minimum game time (from in-game stats)
Shortest time frame (time and date of first trophy to transcendence)

I like this dual goal system because some people will go all out to do the whole thing in a few days, and others will have a look at the trophies and work out the quickest and most efficient way to complete the game. So you've got a bit of strategy, and a nutter's endurance challenge all in one.

Obviously people will need to create a new PSN ID, but I don't see that as a big deal. Most people already have more than one anyway.

Fury trophies are not included - they're not needed for Transcendence, and some people don't have the Fury pack anyway. In terms of registering completion of the challenge, a couple of screen shots should be proof enough I reckon, as well as your Total Time Elapsed e.g. 56 hours.

Leaderboard:

1. JFthebestJan. Game time - 13.07.05. Total time elapsed - 32 hours.

JFthebestJan
22nd November 2012, 07:11 PM
Hey guys, i made a step by step guide to get the 100% trophies in the fastest possible way.

steps 1-5 are only the preparation for the trophy speedrun, and CAN BE DONE IN ANY ORDER!

1st: WIN 19 offline 2-player races @ VINETA K rev/RAPIER class WITHOUT AI ships and WITHOUT doing a single BR!
DON'T earn any trophies in this step!

2nd: do the complete FURY campaign on NOVICE difficulty achieving at least a BRONZE MEDAL (no BRs! MAKE SURE to get 50.000 points in the first 3 zone events!), excluding the last ZONE event @ SYNCOPIA. make sure to set the difficulty to SKILLED when starting the tournaments throughout the campaign, and revert to NOVICE after the tournaments! this allows you to skip (by getting destroyed) the longest races throughout the tournaments (4races=skip1/8races=skip2or3).

3rd: now it's time to tackle away 15 of 16 tracks/PHANTOM class ELITE (excluding VINETA K) for the 'ARCADE PERFECT' trophy, without doing a single BR!
it helps to DEACTIVATE the weapons!
DON'T earn any trophies during this step!

4th: go to RACEBOX and start racking up loyalty points for 10 teams. ZONEBATTLE 55 @ ANULPHA fwd/ELITE AI. get 8000 points/team. make sure to absorb at least once in EVERY ZB to avoid getting "ZEN EVASION". DON'T do any BRs!

5th: go online to ELIMINATOR mode and get exactly 49 kills. DON'T do any BRs!

5.5th: now let the trophy speedrun begin!

6th: do a complete SPEEDLAP session @ AMPHISEUM rev/PHANTOM class, make your first BR in lap 99 using the shortcut! make a photo, finish the event.
earn 4 trophies in this step. "Happy Accident?"/"Amphi-scenic Route"/"Smile Please"/"Lapped Out"

6.5th: BRs ARE ALLOWED FROM NOW ON!

7th: go for the final FURY campaign zone event @ SYNCOPIA. try to get 'own the zone'; 'airbraker'& 'zone zeus' in ONE go.
AFTER THIS STEP, BLING BRIGADE becomes available at any given time!
earn 5 trophies in this step. "Own the Zone"/"Airbraker"/"Zone Zeus"/"The Pure Four"/"Fury Campaign Legend"

7.5th: ALL FOLLOWING STEPS CAN BE DONE IN ANY ORDER!

8th: ACTIVATE pilot assist and WIN the 20th offline 2-player race @ VINETA K rev/RAPIER class WITHOUT AI ships.
earn 2 trophies during this step. "Rookie Reward"/"Gemini"

9th: DEACTIVATE pilot assist, go online, and complete a 12race tournament at VINETA K/RAPIER class! WIN at least 10 of the 12 races and get at least 1 kill.
earn 4 trophies in this step. "Connected 1"/"Connected 2"/"AG Assassin"/"Endurance"

10th: WIN the last race for 'ARCADE PERFECT' @ VINETA K/PHANTOM class ELITE.
earn 1 trophy. "Arcade Perfect"

11th: go to RACEBOX, start a NOVICE single race @ SOL2 or CHENGOU and GET DESTROYED BY AN OPPONENT very fast.
earn 1 trophy. "Deadly Momentum"

12th: go to options and set motion sensor to 'PITCH & STEERING'. WIN a VENOM NOVICE single race @ VINETA K.
earn 1 trophy. "Motion Master"

13th: DEACTIVATE the motion sensor. WIN every race of an 8 race tournament @ VINETA K/RAPIER class with AI set to skilled.
earn 1 trophy. "Tournament Ace"

14th: start a NOVICE ELIMINATOR 600 @ METROPIA, hit 5 different ships with the same cannon clip. stay locked onto an opponent with a missile or a leech beam for 30 seconds, and kill 18 opponents, die a few times to lower your score!
earn 3 trophies during this step. "Cannon and on"/"Stay on Target"/"Elimin18"

15th: WIN a NOVICE ZONE BATTLE 40 @ TALONS fwd WITHOUT absorbing.
earn 2 trophies during this step. "Zone Battle Legend"/"Zen Evasion"

16th: finish a DETONATOR event @ PRO TOZO and destroy ALL 14 bombs. get a x15combo in the 1st lap.
earn 2 trophies during this step. "Sharpshooter"/"Da Bomb"

17th: start a DETONATOR event @ CORRIDON12 and get to stage 10 WITHOUT firing your cannon. EMP is ALLOWED!
earn 1 trophy. "Hold Your Fire"

18th: now start ZB 55 @ ANULPHA fwd/ELITE AI get the 8000 loyalty points for the 11th team. make sure to pass through 15 barriers in 1 of the 6 races!
earn 3 trophies during this step. "Mercenary"/"Livery Liberation"/"Just Passing Through"

19th: almost done now. complete the HD CAMPAIGN now on ELITE AI. make sure to 'beat zico' in 'uplift', and win a race with each alternative HUD style. do a BR @ MOA. get a double kill in 1 of the many campaign races. make sure to skip as many races as possible troughout the tournaments in the campaign! AFTER the campaign is done, go to statistics, and view all 6 pages.
earn 19 trophies during this step. "1 Gold Medal won, 86 to go..."/"Thanks for the Memory"/"Beat Zico"/"Uplift"/"Flatland Flyer"/"Warped"/"Frenzy"/"Vertigo"/"Head Rush"/"Speed Freak"/"Dropzone"/"Meltdown"/"Campaign Legend"/"Elite Campaign Legend"/"Double Kill"/"Keep Rollin'"/"Sponge"/"WipEout® Disciple"/"Stats Life"

20th: the final step, go online and get 'bling brigade'.
earn 2 trophies. "Bling Brigade"/"Transcendence"

Colonel
22nd November 2012, 08:55 PM
Ah, well I didn't know that. I mean if it was for money or something, then I guess that would cause a serious problem to that aspect of the challenge. But in this case I guess we'd be reliant on trust. That's something I'm willing to do if others are. Unless somebody has a solution to this clock problem?

stin
22nd November 2012, 09:16 PM
I was tempting to do it but, depending on arrangements, if the timing right, I will go for it! and I will let you know the update.:)

stevie:)

ID_7of9
22nd November 2012, 09:27 PM
Funny idea, if we start middle of january, i could do that. Only HD or HD/Fury? Also very best training to prepare an online comeback, so i can chill out for a while.. ;) Keep me updated please. :)

stin
22nd November 2012, 09:31 PM
Just HD ;)

stevie:)

ID_7of9
22nd November 2012, 10:00 PM
too bad. i love fury ;)

- - - Updated - - -

anyway, i am :hyper - i love the idea and i already know a name for the new account LOL

Colonel
23rd November 2012, 07:29 AM
I love Fury too, I just don't see a lot of people willing to do Detonator an Elims again, plus trophies like Cannon And On and Elimin18. So I reckon we stick with HD Transcendence only for the purposes of this challenge.

ID_7of9
23rd November 2012, 08:28 AM
All the competitors should add each other, and to start the event, i would like to make the bling brigade trophy first. The most annoying trophy ever... :g What you think about this, Adam?

Colonel
23rd November 2012, 09:35 AM
Starting with Bling Brigade won't be possible, as none of us will have the campaign skins yet ;). I do agree we should all add each other with our new accounts though, and we'll schedule a number of Bling Brigade sessions for the weeks after the start of the challenge.

In terms of a start date, there's certianly no hurry. People will be generally pretty busy between now and Christmas, and January is the big Omnium competition. I have a feeling February may be kind of occupied too, so we could even be looking at March! Sounds ages away I know, but time flies.

I just wanted to put the idea out there and see if there's any interest. And to gather ideas of course. Thanks for your input Maria :)

ID_7of9
23rd November 2012, 07:51 PM
omg .... LOL of course, thats not possible... haha ... you see, i need a break. :redface:

Dark_Phantom_89
1st December 2012, 06:55 PM
great idea, but the problem is, that it is possible to manipulate the PS3 clock.

That won't change the timestamp of the trophies. They go by Sony's server time, so there'd be no issues there.

This would certainly be an interesting challenge. With the DLC and a Bling Brigade squad at hand, I reckon I could do this in 8-10 hours, however not having the DLC would greatly increase the time to get AG Assassin.

Colonel
2nd December 2012, 09:19 PM
8 - 10 hour of race time I assume, not 8 - 10 hours real time? I think in real time 2-3 days would be impressive.

Dark_Phantom_89
2nd December 2012, 11:44 PM
Nope, that was 8-10 hours real-time. :p Although after looking at the trophies and thinking about it more, I'd say that 10-12 hours would be a more realistic target for me. I'll post a detailed analysis of how it can be done tomorrow, but for now, I need some sleep. :p

Colonel
3rd December 2012, 01:16 AM
I'm all ears, as Dolph Lundgren once said. Surely the HD campaign itself is several hours.

Dark_Phantom_89
3rd December 2012, 10:54 AM
Ok, here's how I think it's possible with the DLC. All times have taken loading into account and the average length of a race.

1) For an experienced player, the HD campaign can be completed in about 5 hours. Start on Elite from the very start, quickly take a picture and barrel roll like crazy for Keep Rollin' (including one on Moa for Flatland Flyer) during it. Start working towards Sponge (absorbing 500 items) and try to get Double Kill (eliminate two opponents in one race) as well. To reduce the time needed for Wipeout Disciple later on (100,000 loyalty points,) stick with one team for everything until you have it. Afterwards, you'll have:

Uplift
Warped
Frenzy
Vertigo
Head Rush
Speed Freak
Drop Zone
Meltdown
Campaign Legend
Elite Campaign Legend
1 Gold Medal Down, 86 To Go
Flatland Flyer
Smile Please
Happy Accident?
Keep Rollin'
Double Kill
Sponge (possibly)

Current Progress: 17/38
Time Elapsed: 5 Hours

2) Next, you can quickly mop up some of the miscellaneous trophies as you would have now unlocked everything, as so:

Deadly Momentum (3 minutes)
Rookie Reward (3 Minutes)
Thanks For The Memory (10 minutes)
Motion Master (3 minutes)
Gemini (1 Hour, 30 minutes)
Tournament Ace (25 minutes)

Current Progress: 23/38
Time Elapsed In This Section: 2 Hours, 15 Minutes
Total Time Elapsed: 7 Hours, 15 Minutes

3) Next up is Arcade Perfect. Remember to stick with the same team so you can build up the 100,000 loyalty points. Switch to another if you've already got it by now.

Arcade Perfect (30 minutes)

Current Progress: 24/38
Time Elapsed In This Section: 30 Minutes
Total Time Elapsed: 7 Hours, 45 Minutes

4) Time to Beat Zico next. If you've got experience with the game, you can do this in two laps. Afterwards, quit out and do 99 laps on Anulpha Fwd on Phantom speed (as it's quicker,) and you'll get Lapped Out

Beat Zico (5 minutes)
Lapped Out (45 minutes)

Current Progress: 26/38
Time Elapsed In This Section: 50 Minutes
Total Time Elapsed: 8 Hours, 35 Minutes

5) Zone time. You'll need to play this twice to get the following:

Own The Zone (Should get it during the Zeus run)
Zone Zeus (13 minutes)
Airbraker (8 minutes)

Current Progress: 29/38
Time Elapsed In This Section: 21 (round down to 20 minutes for consistency)
Total Time Elapsed: 8 Hours, 55 Minutes

5) Online time. This will be the make or break factor in the speed run. You need a Bling Brigade squad at hand as well as the DLC to make AG Assassin a LOT quicker. If you can do a 12 race tournament and win at least 10 of the races in it, you'll get three of the trophies in a relatively short space of time.

Bling Brigade (10 minutes - accounting for setting it up)
Endurance (25 minutes)
Connected 1 (Should get during Endurance)
Connected 2 (Should get during Endurance)

Now go to Eliminator and play until you eliminate 50 opponents, which will net you:

AG Assassin (30 minutes)

Current Progress: 34/38
Time Elapsed In This Section: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
Total Time Elapsed: 10 Hours

6) The final grind for 100,000 loyalty points if you don't have them already, as well as 8,000 points for each team to unlock all skins. Play Zone Battle on Elite over and over again.

Mercenary (Unlocks on the way to Livery Liberation)
Livery Liberation (Set aside 2 hours for this)
WipEout Disciple (Should already have, but if not, remaning points should be minimal)
Transcendence!! :g

Current Progress: 39/39
Time Elapsed In This Section: 2 Hours
Total Time Elapsed: 12 Hours

And there's my theory. 12 Hours is a tall order and you'd seriously have to rush to get it as well as have next to no interruptions, but I still maintain that it's possible.

Colonel
3rd December 2012, 01:29 PM
Wow, that's pretty impressive. The 3 zone tophies can be done in one run by the way :)

Dark_Phantom_89
3rd December 2012, 03:49 PM
Oh yeh, of course they can! I can't believe I missed that! :eek

UB3R~JKP
7th December 2012, 11:45 AM
Wow. Nice calculations DP.

amplificated
7th December 2012, 05:18 PM
I think the campaign should take about 4 hours. 87 events, 2 minutes on average for each (some may take more or less, especially the speed laps which should be easily accomplished on the first lap), not including load and navigation times is 174 minutes. Factor in the tournaments and I think that would add about an hour to that.

Does double kill work in Eliminator? It's a bit of a cheat using Fury, but the online trophies are terrible and not worth not being gamed anyway. And lastly, I reckon just absorb the turbo continually during your 99 speed lap run to get the 500 absorbs, no need to worry about wasting useful items in races.

Colonel
7th December 2012, 09:50 PM
I don't think absorbing turbos during the Lapped Out run is time efficient. I think you'll get the Sponge trophy naturally as you do the campaign, so you'd be better off using the turbos to lower the time taken to get Lapped Out. I think Double Kill works with Elims, but I'm not sure.

Are you up for it then Amp? ;)

EDIT: Oh by the way, am I right in thinking a few good Zone runs is the best way to 100k loyalty i.e. Wipeout Disciple? This is assuming it's not been obtained by the end of the other trophies.

EDIT 2: DP - I just had a look on the rankings site and Vineta fwd is the quickest track on Phantom SLs, so that's where we should be heading for Lapped Out :)

I do love the fact that people are thinking about it, and that we're discussing strategy. If we can get a few more people on board this could be a really cool competition.

amplificated
8th December 2012, 12:36 AM
I don't know if you could naturally get 500 absorbs in less than 100 viable events; probably could, but my point was more like "do the rest in the SL99 attempt" as you can get a turbo every 3 seconds and it shouldn't take too long after the campaign is done to finish that one off while taking some pressure away from absorbing during the campaign. Also, I think with every boost lost you'd lose a second or two tops, and it shouldn't take too many after the campaign, so you'd stand to lose maybe five or so minutes at the most I reckon (300 (seconds = 5 minutes)/2 (seconds lost from absorbing a boost) = 150 absorbs, should be enough after the campaign).

I'd have considered taking the gloves off if I didn't have to update my game just so I could access the necessary online component. Though, it did sound tempting, and thought there might be a small chance I may attempt an "offline transcendence" just for fun and reacquaint myself with the game whenever/if I do go back to it... probably no point though as it just wouldn't be the same :(

@ edit: I thought Detonator would be the best way to rack up points, but I remember Zone Battle also being good. Easy to get 1000+ points iirc in just a few minutes; whereas normal zone takes a long time to get to that point.

JFthebestJan
15th December 2013, 11:02 PM
mission accomplished... thx again to my bling brigade squad (Liod19; Rapier_Racer; T-zig; NOVICE-25 and last but not least the organizer, Apple-Guy-Cipher). cipher and me used our PSV wipeout to complete the bling grid.

visit: www.psnprofiles.com/PTA_JF

game 100% in 32h, 10h of sleep inclusive ;)

edit: i've added the 6 ingame statistic screens

Cipher
15th December 2013, 11:49 PM
you mad man, glad we could help ^^
was a bit messy, but we made it in the end :p
Congratz on finishing your speed run!

Cipher

mannjon
16th December 2013, 03:21 AM
Maybe a modified version that doesn't include Bling Brigade? It seems like that one is more chance than anything else really.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, is this just the Transcendence Trophy, or are you going for 100%?

- - - Updated - - -

Just started! Got lucky on second lap with Beat Zico.

Now I guess to prove your time, you just need to post a pic with the same screens as above? Or is something else needed?

~mannjon or, "Race_Cat_Pickles"

JFthebestJan
16th December 2013, 12:20 PM
@mannjon: just the ingame stats + the new gamertag is needed. it's up to you, if you want to go for 100% (which i did), or if you just want to get that platinum as fast as possible. 'BLING BRIGADE' is the only real obstacle in your way to get 'TRANSCENDENCE'! i was lucky to come across ciphers lobby ;)

@amplificated: yep, zone battle is the best option to rack up points fastly. choose anulpha fwd; elite AI and 55target, ~1500points per zone battle = 6ZB/team to get the 8000 points needed.

mannjon
16th December 2013, 12:35 PM
One other question: Is doubling up the Arcade Perfect and Gemini trophy allowed? I know that some people exploit this tactic to make Arcade Perfect easier. I would actually have another player here racing against me (essentially making it a legitimate race instead of just cheating for the extra help). I figure it would save 16 races worth of time, because I could get Arcade Perfect while 16 of the needed local co-op races for Gemini. Once again I would not be using the cheat tactic I've heard about where you just leave Player 2's controller down.

I'm trying to chain trophies where ever possible, and I'm already behind by 15 minutes due to a failed zone Zeus attempt (was trying to get all 3 zone trophies in one go and messed up around zone 71 :/)

Love this challenge though. I was thinking for future reference that the first trophy any should get would be "happy accident" shortly followed by "1 down...", maybe use the happy accident as a starting marker for proof's sake of when the time starts (I trust most people on here, but then again I've seen a lot of mizwiz glitches being exploited in the past few months so who knows)? "Happy accident" should be someone's first trophy unless they begin with a zone track, but if you start with the campaign, then your first trophy should occur right after the starting line of Vineta K in the tunnel!

JFthebestJan
16th December 2013, 02:17 PM
you can combine 'gemini' and 'arcade perfect', or you can combine 'arcade perfect' with 'tournament ace' (that's what i did).

edit: 'double kill' is not attainable in eliminator mode! but you can achieve it in online or offline races ;)

Mietepiet
16th December 2013, 04:57 PM
'arcade perfect' is the 8 reverse tracks only, since all forward tracks are in campaign or is that changed in an update?

'arcade perfect' and 'tournament ace' are a lot easier if you turn off weapons.

@Jan: very impressive run :nod

mannjon
16th December 2013, 05:44 PM
Arcade Perfect is 16 total tracks. It is the original 8 HD, and then their reverse counterparts.

@Mietepiet -Wish I'd thought of that, turns out that weapons and not speed was what caused a few redo's. Although I didn't think ahead, I now realize the fastest (and riskiest) way to get Gemini, Tournament Ace, and Arcade Perfect is to do a 12 round phantom elite tournament with 2 players (with all but 4 of the tracks of course), and then do another 4 round tournament to pick up the last 4.

And of course (I don't think anyone capable of doing a platinum speed run would anyway) you must actually have 2 racers playing for the coop. I think leaving the second controller sitting is cheating. But I'm pretty sure no one here would do that anyway ^_^

Also, for comparison's sake, I'm going to post the Transcendence first, then post the time after I get 100% to compare (I only have the dreaded Bling Brigade and the campaign trophies to get).

Mietepiet
16th December 2013, 09:25 PM
I'm not 100% on this, but I think that gemini glitch was only when you play with the 2nd controller.

mannjon
16th December 2013, 10:13 PM
It isn't a "glitch" per se as I understand it. Its more like the game can "sense" a player's skill. So if player 2 stood still the whole race, then the collective "skill" of the AI would go down. There is little to no effect if you play against someone that is on equal footing, but against an unmoving 2nd player, people have been able to exploit the game mechanics to beat Arcade perfect (these same people probably don't have the Elite Campaign Legend trophy though or Zone Zeus ^_^).

It goes both ways though too. My sister plays a little, and she is good enough to get about 9/10ths through the campaign on her own (and on skilled even). So she isn't terrible. But when we race a full grid of AI opponents, she can't get 4th place in a venom race. Alone, she can achieve 1st place by about the 2nd lap or so. Meanwhile, I have no problem taking a 10-15 second lead on the novice AI even with a bad race.

Now as far as getting Gemini goes, I see nothing wrong with just plugging in the controller and playing at half a screen while player 2 goes nowhere. It can be hard to find other people near you that race.

Mietepiet
17th December 2013, 06:42 AM
thats all right what you say. but i believe that the ai only adept their speed to player one. so if you play with 1 and your sis with 2, the ai should be racing like normal. I haven't tested this though.

Colonel
17th December 2013, 11:59 AM
Good effort Jan! I'd completely forgotten about this. Not sure when I'll have time to do it, but I'll definitely have a go after Christmas :)

mannjon
17th December 2013, 03:43 PM
thats all right what you say. but i believe that the ai only adept their speed to player one. so if you play with 1 and your sis with 2, the ai should be racing like normal. I haven't tested this though.

I'll try it out and let you know, that would be great (for her) if the AI wasn't on my level!

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, any want to organize the dreaded Bling Brigade event? I just finished the Campaign, so all I lack now is Bling Brigade, Disciple, and Livery Liberation, and currently I'm at 11:21:xx.

Challenge id is: Race_Cat_Pickles, main id is: mannjon

Thnx in advance!

Cipher
18th December 2013, 06:23 AM
although this is quite a late reply, when do you usually play?GMT -6 is quiet an annoying hour

but i can count for 2 silvers using my vita, blue's usually online to help and maybe i cna ask knux to join in as well, kind of depends when you're on
Hope that timer doesn't continue if you're not playing >.<

Cipher

mannjon
19th December 2013, 02:22 AM
I typically play at random times through out the day. I'm in college again for a 2nd degree so I have a lot of free time end of semester. Most often I play in the morning before noon here. I see you online pretty often though cipher. Are you in a similar time zone to Knux_Chaotix? I typically catch her on my mornings.

The timer does stop. Jan's time photo is the same clock I'm using for comparison. I'm currently at around 13 hours, but I have about 40,000 loyalty points to go to unlock the Disciple trophy. I think I'll be able to do it in under 15 hours for sure.

Was the original challenge to include the Fury side too or just Transcendence? I've got a few of the Fury trophies but just working through the others (like canon on and on, elimin18, Amphiscenic Route).

~mannjon

Cipher
19th December 2013, 02:27 AM
I am indeed in a similar time zone as knux (1 hour further), but your mornings is our afteroons usually, so i guess that should work, just tell me when you'll be online for sure and hit me up on PSN, so we can see if we can't get a silver lobby going ;)

Cipher

mannjon
19th December 2013, 02:45 AM
Woo hoo! Thanks! I'll probably be on tomorrow morning with my regular id: mannjon (I don't want to waste any time). And when I see you guys I'll switch to my other account: Race_Cat_Pickles.

idloveacupoft
19th December 2013, 03:18 PM
Would enjoy to attempt this but i'd be terrible :) I gave up on getting ECL a long time ago and haven't really tried much since. I only have about 7 races and a tourney left in meltdown but I stopped trying to get it as it was just too frustrating :(

mannjon
19th December 2013, 10:43 PM
@ idloveacupoft: You can do it! If ECL is all you have left, allow me to offer what I did as advice:

I ALWAYS fly Icaras, or so I thought. But on Phantom, I had a really hard time making it through the grid. So I tried a different ship. The AI will "adjust" to your displayed level of skill and speed to some small degree, so I decided to try out an AG Systems. In Phantom Elite AI races, the AI will not barrel roll, so it you can easily make up the speed difference by adding an easy barrel roll in each lap (make sure it is one you can land every time). The biggest game changer is the handling. Phantom is mostly airbrakes, where as Venom, Flash, and Rapier are more sideshifts. So try either an Assegai or an Ag Systems for just the last set of Meltdown. Perfect laps are more important that barrel rolls for Meltdown.

The 8 race tournament is easily the hardest square in the grid. But here is what I figure:
Vineta K -Easily won (if you don't place 1st, restart)
Anulpha Pass -Easily won (if you don't place 1st restart)
Moa Therm -Pretty easily won (restart if you don't place first)
Chenghou -Just don't place last (I shoot for 3rd or 4th at the least)

If you can get through the first 3 tracks and secure first on each, you have a pretty good shot at winning and especially so if you can place top 3 on Chenghou. There is usually one dominant ship that will be 2nd or 3rd pretty consistently, and in my experience, they always lose at least one race completely. Ubermall is also easy to place high on if you know the shortcut. Sebenco is tough, but the AG Systems has a major advantage on that specific track. Metropia is hit or miss, but if you hold your turbos for the first hill and roll, it is also a pretty easy placement. Sol 2 -I try to be at least 9 points ahead so I don't have to worry about it ^_^

Cipher
20th December 2013, 02:55 AM
Sry mannjon, wasn't around yesterday, failed to sleep the night before and dropped dead tired into bed after classes, didn't wake up until late evenings and then my car broke, so didn't really find the time to play, next time ;)

Cipher

idloveacupoft
20th December 2013, 03:00 AM
Mannjon, thanks for the tips and advice :) I went back to trying them and I knocked out some of the single races with absolute ease! I kinda surprised myself. Sol 2 and Sebenco Climb were pretty easy races. So I got through a few of them anyway so I firmly believe now that I can do it. When I gave up on ECL some months ago or whenever it was, I remember thinking it was very tough, but now it doesn't seem so bad for some reason! I'm currently switching between Mirage and AG Sytems, occasionally going back to the Icarus for the straighter tracks, and sometimes Harimau for a change-up. Fingers crossed anyway :)

For some reason though, I find Vineta K a tough course on Elite at Phantom, mainly because it's a tight course and difficult sometimes to get up the positions.

mannjon
22nd December 2013, 03:33 AM
That's cool Cipher, it was fun to race the other night anyway! I will just not play my other account until I can find a Bling Brigade session to start.

@ idloveacupoft: For Vineta K, use Icaras. Make sure you land the first barrel roll in the tunnel each lap. Also, don't try for the roll in the second tunnel if you aren't practiced at it. It is easy to miss without practice, and it will mess up the following straight. Hold your turbos until the same straight (right near the finish line immediately after the tunnel), and use the shortcut whenever you get one. Also, with Vineta K, the racing line can be pretty tight to keep because the whole track is somewhat narrow. With the stiffer ride of the Icaras though, it is easier to maintain once you are there. Remember NOT to sideshift as much too, airbraking is the better option for Phantom and often a sideshift will result in underestimating a corner.

idloveacupoft
22nd December 2013, 05:42 PM
Thanks. I just have the tournament left for ECL. I have tried many ships but I've gotten two silvers with Assegai and two silver with Icarus. Harimau, Mirage, and AG Systems were all bronze or worse. All fury ship versions. I noticed that with the sideshifting btw, but it's just programmed into me now to automatically sideshift through a corner :o Will try focusing more on the airbrakes.

Colonel
23rd December 2013, 02:42 PM
Guys please can we keep discussion in this thread relevant to the challenge itself, it seems to have wandered into the most general of conversations. There's a thread for general HD discussion here - http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?5273-Random-HD-Questions-that-don-t-need-a-thread-of-their-own. Thanks.

I'll post Jan's results in the original post and will update any others that come in.

JFthebestJan
18th March 2014, 01:06 PM
just to let you all know, there's obviously a possibility to cheat the trophies on wipeout hd!
yesterday i discovered this guy on psnprofiles http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/36-WipEout-HD/bYtE-0xFF?order=date#content
he got ECL before even getting UPLIFT :(

Mietepiet
19th March 2014, 06:11 AM
Lol 100 barel rolls in 8 minutes? (could be a Sebenco sl session)

Maybe he archieved them all when offline, and are the dates showing when he synced his profile?

JFthebestJan
19th March 2014, 02:28 PM
well, i pm'ed this guy and asked him how he has done it. he said he used a savegame from another account. i don't know if this is the truth, but it seems comprehensible.

@ mietepiet: even if you mess around with the PS3 clock, the trophy dates shown on PSN are correct. same goes for PSVita.

mannjon
22nd March 2014, 02:09 AM
JF, I think you make a valid point about the cheating. But I think we can figure out the cheaters based on when trophies are achieved and which ones aren't. For me, it was more of a challenge to just see how fast I could get through, sort of a personal complete HD Time Trial if you will.

What I didn't do was plan things out. I'm at about 13 hours total, and I probably could have saved some time if I had planned out to get multiple trophies at the same time.

Maybe after this one, I'll try again!

JFthebestJan
19th January 2015, 07:35 PM
i'll do the timeattack again (i know, im crazy), cause i've optimized the procedure. it won't reduce the ingame time alot, but the overall time from first to last trophy!

steps 1-5 are only the preparation for the trophy speedrun, and CAN BE DONE IN ANY ORDER!

1st: WIN 19 offline 2-player races @ VINETA K rev/RAPIER class WITHOUT AI ships and WITHOUT doing a single BR!

2nd: do the complete FURY campaign on NOVICE difficulty achieving at least a BRONZE MEDAL (no BRs! MAKE SURE to get 50.000 points in the first 3 zone events!), excluding the last ZONE event @ SYNCOPIA. make sure to set the difficulty to SKILLED when starting the tournaments throughout the campaign, and revert to NOVICE after the tournaments! this allows you to skip (by getting destroyed) the longest races throughout the tournaments (4races=skip1/8races=skip2or3).

3rd: now it's time to tackle away 15 of 16 tracks/PHANTOM class ELITE (excluding VINETA K) for the 'ARCADE PERFECT' trophy, without doing a single BR!
it helps to DEACTIVATE the weapons!
DON'T earn any trophies during this step!

4th: go to RACEBOX and start racking up loyalty points for 10 teams. ZONEBATTLE 55 @ ANULPHA fwd/ELITE AI. get 8000 points/team. make sure to absorb at least once in EVERY ZB to avoid getting "ZEN EVASION". DON'T do any BRs!

5th: go online to ELIMINATOR mode and get exactly 49 kills. DON'T do any BRs!

5.5th: now let the trophy speedrun begin!

6th: do a complete SPEEDLAP session @ AMPHISEUM rev/PHANTOM class, make your first BR in lap 99 using the shortcut! make a photo, finish the event.
earn 4 trophies in this step. "Happy Accident?"/"Amphi-scenic Route"/"Smile Please"/"Lapped Out"

6.5th: BRs ARE ALLOWED FROM NOW ON!

7th: go for the final FURY campaign zone event @ SYNCOPIA. try to get 'own the zone'; 'airbraker'& 'zone zeus' in ONE go.
AFTER THIS STEP, BLING BRIGADE becomes available at any given time!
earn 5 trophies in this step. "Own the Zone"/"Airbraker"/"Zone Zeus"/"The Pure Four"/"Fury Campaign Legend"

7.5th: ALL FOLLOWING STEPS CAN BE DONE IN ANY ORDER!

8th: ACTIVATE pilot assist and WIN the 20th offline 2-player race @ VINETA K rev/RAPIER class WITHOUT AI ships.
earn 2 trophies during this step. "Rookie Reward"/"Gemini"

9th: DEACTIVATE pilot assist, go online, and complete a 12race tournament at VINETA K/RAPIER class! WIN at least 10 of the 12 races and get at least 1 kill.
earn 4 trophies in this step. "Connected 1"/"Connected 2"/"AG Assassin"/"Endurance"

10th: WIN the last race for 'ARCADE PERFECT' @ VINETA K/PHANTOM class ELITE.
earn 1 trophy. "Arcade Perfect"

11th: go to RACEBOX, start a NOVICE single race @ SOL2 or CHENGOU and GET DESTROYED BY AN OPPONENT very fast.
earn 1 trophy. "Deadly Momentum"

12th: go to options and set motion sensor to 'PITCH & STEERING'. WIN a VENOM NOVICE single race @ VINETA K.
earn 1 trophy. "Motion Master"

13th: DEACTIVATE the motion sensor. WIN every race of an 8 race tournament @ VINETA K/RAPIER class with AI set to skilled.
earn 1 trophy. "Tournament Ace"

14th: start a NOVICE ELIMINATOR 600 @ METROPIA, hit 5 different ships with the same cannon clip. stay locked onto an opponent with a missile or a leech beam for 30 seconds, and kill 18 opponents, die a few times to lower your score!
earn 3 trophies during this step. "Cannon and on"/"Stay on Target"/"Elimin18"

15th: WIN a NOVICE ZONE BATTLE 40 @ TALONS fwd WITHOUT absorbing.
earn 2 trophies during this step. "Zone Battle Legend"/"Zen Evasion"

16th: finish a DETONATOR event @ PRO TOZO and destroy ALL 14 bombs. get a x15combo in the 1st lap.
earn 2 trophies during this step. "Sharpshooter"/"Da Bomb"

17th: start a DETONATOR event @ CORRIDON12 and get to stage 10 WITHOUT firing your cannon. EMP is ALLOWED!
earn 1 trophy. "Hold Your Fire"

18th: now start ZB 55 @ ANULPHA fwd/ELITE AI get the 8000 loyalty points for the 11th team. make sure to pass through 15 barriers in 1 of the 6 races!
earn 3 trophies during this step. "Mercenary"/"Livery Liberation"/"Just Passing Through"

19th: almost done now ;) complete the HD CAMPAIGN now on ELITE AI. make sure to 'beat zico' in 'uplift', and win a race with each alternative HUD style. do a BR @ MOA. get a double kill in 1 of the many campaign races. make sure to skip as many races as possible troughout the tournaments in the campaign! AFTER the campaign is done, go to statistics, and view all 6 pages.
earn 19 trophies during this step. "1 Gold Medal won, 86 to go..."/"Thanks for the Memory"/"Beat Zico"/"Uplift"/"Flatland Flyer"/"Warped"/"Frenzy"/"Vertigo"/"Head Rush"/"Speed Freak"/"Dropzone"/"Meltdown"/"Campaign Legend"/"Elite Campaign Legend"/"Double Kill"/"Keep Rollin'"/"Sponge"/"WipEout® Disciple"/"Stats Life"

20th: the final step, go online and get 'bling brigade'.
earn 2 trophies. "Bling Brigade"/"Transcendence"

congrats, you've owned the game BIG time :D

mannjon
20th January 2015, 01:40 AM
So why not do the barrel rolls while you go? Personal challenge?

JFthebestJan
20th January 2015, 03:08 AM
i said the reason in the second sentence! it's to safe valuable time between the first and the last trophy. in fact you can safe several hours!

mannjon
21st January 2015, 02:29 AM
Oh I see, as in the timer starts when you get the first trophy, and ends with the last one.

I was thinking of more along the lines of the timer starting when you start the campaign with a new player, so the clock would start ticking as soon as you start race one on the first circuit.

JFthebestJan
21st January 2015, 03:12 PM
if you look the first post of colonel gaddafi. the challenge is to finish the game in the fastest possible
- ingame time &
- time elapsed between first and last trophy.

so i found a way where you can achieve both in one run very fast, compared to my previous record run of 13/32h.

edit: guide complete :D i've updated my previous post, and my post on the first page.

JFthebestJan
24th January 2015, 06:12 PM
step 1+2 completed, @ step 3 right now :)

edit: added the provisional statistics screens

JFthebestJan
28th January 2015, 06:53 PM
i completed the whole preparation phase. added the provisional statistics screens.

JFthebestJan
31st January 2015, 04:03 AM
i've completed my second timeattack attempt.
http://psnprofiles.com/psr-jf.

total ingame time: 12h:29m:53s
time between first and last trophy: 8h:25m:03s

i made several bad attempts for a few events, so i think a sub 12h run is possible. the time from first to last trophy can be improved by at least 30min too.

BIG thx to Cipher, eric, fab and all the others who helped with bling brigade. you guys rock.