PDA

View Full Version : 2012-11-20: Abusive usernames on PSN

Hellfire_WZ
20th November 2012, 08:22 PM
I've had the displeasure tonight of seeing a number of insulting and homophobic PSN IDs popping up while online, targeting several individuals. I don't care what your opinion of another user is or if they are irritating for whatever reason, I will not see anyone from this community stoop so low. If I find out that anyone on here is responsible for those names, I will ban you. End of story. I have also reported these usernames to Sony.

Darkdrium777
21st November 2012, 12:42 AM
This is the regression of humanity. WTF does it do to someone if someone else is gay? I will never understand this completely illogical reasoning... Whoever you are, if you can read this, **** you.

Colonel
21st November 2012, 08:41 AM
Yeah I saw the xx333 one hosting a lobby last night. They weren't racing though, the lobby just stayed dormant for half an hour or more (regardless of other players joining), as if the person just wanted to display their name in the lobby system for ages. I've not seen any of the others yet.

GekkoP
21st November 2012, 09:39 AM
xx33 online right now, same offensive nickname.

Rapier Racer
21st November 2012, 12:31 PM
Not seen any of those myself but if everyone who does reports them it might lead to quicker action being taken by Sony .

vincoof
22nd November 2012, 08:57 AM
Maybe I have a different culture, but what's offending in "xx33" ? Or maybe you replaced his real nick by "xx" in order to hide his/her offending nick ?

Colonel
22nd November 2012, 10:00 AM
It's actually somebody making abusive usernames vincoof, as discussed here: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?8808-Xx333xxx-xx1-xx3-WTF/page6

Ami Nakajima
26th November 2012, 10:42 AM
Hey hey everyone
If you could get a list together of ID's that you have encountered which have been abusive/offensive or down-right wrong, the send them over to me and I'll deal with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, make sure to send me a mail any time you encounter ANYTHING like this online or in the community itself.
Behaviour like this is not acceptable. We are renowned as one the best gaming communities to be a part of in the world. Our passion and commitment is unmatched, as is our atmosphere, our willingness to help others and most of all we our some of the friendliest gamers a person could wish to meet online.

A few people can't change that.

In the meantime while I'm looking into ways to resolve things....

*sings* "you're the best....AROOOUND"

Don't let 'em get you down ;)

ID_7of9
27th November 2012, 12:29 PM
Hey hey everyone
If you could get a list together of ID's that you have encountered which have been abusive/offensive or down-right wrong, the send them over to me and I'll deal with them.

Don't let 'em get you down ;)

nicely said and thanks. :)

onlykpop
30th November 2012, 08:42 PM
Haters = Hearts :D <3

TheConzio
1st December 2012, 07:45 AM
Yeah I saw the xx333 one hosting a lobby last night. They weren't racing though, the lobby just stayed dormant for half an hour or more (regardless of other players joining), as if the person just wanted to display their name in the lobby system for ages. I've not seen any of the others yet.

Yeah ive been in xx33's lobby once, nothing happened. :|

ID_7of9
1st December 2012, 08:28 AM
Have seen that xXguys_R_gay account last night. Wow. Thought, someone has reported them? However, i had some fun races in a private room, heavenly peace. ;)