PDA

View Full Version : X-Wing?

keg_11
15th November 2012, 10:51 PM
A question raised to me in Wipeout Central, about the existence of a cheat to race an X-Wing & is it the one from Star Wars. The code is X'APDGHOST and you enter it on the main menu screen (the cheat is only for PC). If the cheat exists, can someone post a picture of it?

JABBERJAW
17th November 2012, 05:20 PM
I wanted to see a vid of this as well

vincoof
19th November 2012, 09:11 AM
After browsing the inner files of the game (PSX version) I can assure you there is no such thing as X-Wing in the game. If I could get my hands on the PC game files I'd probably be able to check if there is an X-Wing or whatever special ship.

keg_11
19th November 2012, 09:22 AM
It's a PC only cheat (you have to type the above code rather than press a combination of buttons).

NegitiveNRG
22nd November 2012, 01:39 AM
I tested for fun, but it doesnt work for me.

multibodydynamics
22nd November 2012, 11:20 AM
I couldn't get the cheat to work but I'm having trouble configuring my keyboard so it could be that I guess.

Amaroq Dricaldari
16th November 2016, 10:51 PM
Sorry for the bump, but I think it is possible that there might have been a typo on the various cheat websites; that is actually a common problem on websites such as GameFAQs, especially when they copy eachother without fact-checking.

Xpand
21st November 2016, 10:53 PM
There's no X-wing model in the PC version either. It'd have been found by now, since aybe basically went through the files of every early Wipeout game.

Amaroq Dricaldari
21st November 2016, 11:22 PM
I can't believe it. A WipEout Hoax.

aybe
22nd November 2016, 06:16 PM
There's no X-wing model in the PC version either. It'd have been found by now, since aybe basically went through the files of every early Wipeout game.

I will give a definitive answer soon, currently I'm in the process of baking a way to parse game data from WO1/2/3/64 using the same codebase and syntax, i.e. GetModel(nameof) etc ... something like ContentReader in XNA but a light version, basically abstracting the storage file system and wipeout formats ... WIP

Recently I've been banging my head without success on deciphering DOS videos : https://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=Psygnosis_SMV :brickwall (if someone has a clue on that LZ algo, you're welcome)