PDA

View Full Version : LBP Karting -The Wipeout pilots dream come true?

blackwiggle
8th November 2012, 07:10 AM
I just got the game today and have just finished installing it.
After playing the first tutorial on handling & pick-up's and a quick look in the popit for options here is what I have found so far.

1] It plays like Ridge Racer as in the more you drift the more boosts you get.
2] Pick-up's are both offensive & defensive, much the same as Wipeout
3] You can remap controls like HD

I'll save the best for last.

There is a Wipeout like craft made out of cardboard called "Firestarter" it looks a bit like a Feisar ...it get's better ... you can modify the crafts movement, the options are Stock, Tank, Dragster, Monster Truck, Low Rider and last and most importantly for Wipeout fans HOVER!!!

Yes folks Carboard Wipeout has arrived!

I can see a whole load of Wipeout pilots starting up a LBP KART Wipeout League

Medusa
8th November 2012, 02:05 PM
It's even called Firestarter?!?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc9IQiZt980&noredirect=1
Wipeout Fan on LBP team or wild fluke? Fluke. Ha.

Hmmm. I think I need a demo before I buy, Modnation was fun and I want to know there's enough difference (good difference) between the two. Other than this level of course.

dreadofmondays
9th November 2012, 01:30 AM
Definitely wanting this game since it came out.
I reckon it's more likely there's a WO fan on the dev team ;)

blackwiggle
9th November 2012, 10:57 AM
I think so as well.... very much so in fact.:nod

LBP Kart has the equivalent of Barrel Rolls .. Do a 180 degree or more spin in mid air [press R2 ] and you get a speed boost upon landing [ well as long as you are facing the right way ]

blackwiggle
12th November 2012, 06:39 AM
I've finished story mode.

Well it's obvious that a lot of the talent that were at Studio Liverpool worked, at least to some extent, on LBP KART.

It's full out blatant once you get to the "Space Bass" Planet [ 2nd last]

The whole Planet is like a mini Wipeout game.

The track "2B or not 2B" is almost a direct reproduction of one of the Wipeout 2048 tracks, that includes the Music as well.

Only somebody that is familiar with Wipeout track design could of made this ..... if you ever get to play LBP KART ... it will become obvious to you as well.

Colonel
12th November 2012, 11:10 AM
I like the sound of this, like Medusa said if there's a demo available I'll give it a shot.

UB3R~JKP
13th November 2012, 02:10 PM
Was up for getting this until I heard from a few sources that its a watered-down MNR. :(

blackwiggle
15th November 2012, 10:27 AM
When I first got the game [day of release] there was already a update, this was a notice saying be prepared for a update that will allow you to use all your constumes from LBP's 1& 2.

As a lot of the prize bubble pick-up's contain the same material and items from LBP 1 & 2, I suspect it is only a matter of time before all three games become cross compatible regarding this.

It's only the PS3's limited RAM that stops all 3 games being totally cross compatible regarding the level building tools, but even then I think some more tools from LBP 2 will make there way into LBP Kart.
It very well might seem like a watered down Mod Nation ATM { I wouldn't be able to tell you}, but then again this game has the benefit of having the experience of 2 LBP games behind it, plus the makers will know where it can eventually better Mod Nation with the inevitable game updates.

I never ended up getting Mod Nation, I tried the Beta when it was released and found it so clunky and slow, both in loading anything and in create mode it put me off, from what I heard things hadn't improved much after several updates of the full release.

The only thing that is annoying the hell out of me with LBP Kart is online play.

You go to play a track online, there are 8 grid spots, the game will fill in any grid spots not taken up by other online players with the A.I.
The problem with that is the A.I. is frustratingly given such a "cheats" advantage for much of the race, it ruins the challenge of beating other online players.
You get the stupid situation at the end of races time after time where the first 3 or more place getters are the A.I. and the online players are at the bottom.

They need to change this quickly otherwise people will just stop playing it, as it's just a exercise in frustration ATM.

MegaGeeza22
15th November 2012, 05:40 PM
I had the beta version of this game a few months ago and i thought it was good, the track creator was my favourite, i created a good replica of sebenco climb and it didn't take too long!
It was a very enjoyable game but i found that online multiplayer was anyone an anyone can win because people in last place would get all the boosts which could annoy skilled racers. But that was the beta version and that might of changed.

dreadofmondays
17th November 2012, 03:04 PM
It's actually not a watered-down version of MNR so much as a souped-up version of MNR. :p

UB3R~JKP
17th November 2012, 05:55 PM
Played it at a friend's house and found the gameplay pretty boring...not sure why but it just didmt stick with me...

Instead I bought Sonic &SEGA Allstars Racing:Transformed....what a bloody game. :+

mdhay
8th December 2012, 10:33 AM
I think I'm gonna pick this up today. Gonna really get wipeout made on this!