PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout HD Fury - OMNIUM Tournament

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Hellfire_WZ
7th November 2012, 08:21 PM
http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s672/Hellfire_WZ/Omniumpostersmall.jpg

Wipeout HD Fury - OMNIUM Tournament
January 2013

The Omnium Tournament incorporates all game modes within Wipeout HD Fury, and will run throughout January 2013. The tournament is open to everyone, regardless of ability, and uses both online and offline competition with flexible timings to allow everyone to compete. There will be 7 rounds of events, spanning four days during the week in the case of offline modes and over the weekends for online modes. All players finishing in the top three of their groups will advance to a final round at the end of the month.

NB: Please be aware that you will require the PS3 version to compete

GROUPS
Players highlighted in red are event managers

GROUP 1
GROUP 2
GROUP 3
GROUP 4
GROUP 5
GROUP 6
GROUP 7
GROUP 8

bpinflag
onlykpop
Vlizertron
Rapier_Racer
Meesiash
Feydius
novide
Ace3000_42

cam-let
Lightbuster88
EvanSauce
INNERVISION_241
fab0810
UB3R-BR3NDAGE
Colonel__Gaddaffi
theconzio

ADBwh1t34ndn3rdy
Pharron66
a-m-j-w
Pandiloco
juanblaze209
Mikahail
Liger-Inuzuka
blackwiggle

kiTTun
XxSuperRyugaxX
stin_wz
Knux_Chaotix
hoooof
SnipersBlade
MightyJordan
CJ4717

Defjukie16
KloakinDevice
Ragsus_Maxima
SoA_Booney
JFthebestJan
Hellfire_WZ
Azurooth
Lazer0pz

vlhad13
LJtheZombie
andybob35
Gekko_P
TarquinFarquar
scarfrogers
firefang9212

jorg_garcia78
morfeo378
Dark_Phantom_89
Liod19

ericd7m
DuCkyLAT

mechaSHEEN
greenymac

TERRA-WRISTS

FINALISTS

GOLD
SILVER
BRONZE

LJtheZombie
onlykpop
morfeo378

andybob35
Dark_Phantom_89
Ragsus_Maxima

SoA_Booney
Liod19
Rapier_Racer

JFthebestJan
Meesiash
TarquinFarquar

ericd7m
Hellfire_WZ
UB3R-BR3NDAGE

Colonel__Gaddafi
novide
Azurooth

theconzio
blackwiggle
Ace3000_42

bpinflag
DefJukie16
kiTTun

RULES OF PLAY- OFFLINE

All offline game modes will be played over a window spanning four days. Competitors will have this allocated time to race on each track to gain as high a score/zone or as low a time as possible. In order to submit a time for competition, competitors must provide a screenshot of the post race statistics or a link to a video of the run (again, including the post-race statistics). Please note in the case of videos that the video must be available for viewing BEFORE the end of the window, or it will not count, so uploaders must account for upload time. In order to encourage fair competition and also to make sure I’m not snowed under with organising all this, each competitor will only be allowed to submit a single entry per track. Once this has been submitted, it CANNOT be revoked so be careful before hitting send. You can send all your entries at once or in however many batches you like.

Please keep your times and scores private until the window closes, this provides an extra sense of strategy as to whether to submit a score or not if you don’t know what your opponents have. If you choose to upload a video, please set it to "Unlisted" and send me or an event manager the link. You can make it public once the window has expired. Anyone who does not submit an entry for a track within the window will score zero for that track. Entries for each offline stage MUST have been achieved inside the window – anyone found cheating by entering times and scores obtained outside this window will be disqualified from the whole tournament. And of course, all entries must be achieved using v2.51 of the game.

RULES OF PLAY – ONLINE

The online segments of the tournament will take place on weekends to allow for the best possible opportunity for everyone to be available. The standard advised time reserved for competition to begin will be 8pm GMT on the Saturday of each weekend. This is flexible as long as your group can agree on an alternative. In extreme circumstances I will allow online events to take place outside the window, but please complete them ASAP to allow for scores to be collated. Your group must agree on a host in advance to set up the lobby and invite players, and they may also set up a chat room if they wish. Results of each individual race must be recorded so that the total can be added up at the end of each stage. Once the tournament has finished, final scores must be submitted so they can be added to the results table.

Where applicable, the following general rules must apply for online competition

Barrel rolls must be ON
Weapons must be ON
Pilot Assist must be ALLOWED
Weapon Hints must be OFF
Laps must be set to the default for each speed class

DISCONNECTIONS

It’s probably inevitable that somewhere along the line, someone is going to lose their connection and drop out of a game. To keep things fair, we’re going to enforce the same rules regarding disconnections as we had during the Rebirth tournament:

If someone drops out of a game while still in the lobby, the host must enter the settings menu to disable the countdown timer and wait for the player to reconnect. They will then need to issue a fresh invite. Continue as normal
If a player disconnects while in game, but before the countdown at the start of a race has completed, all players must disconnect immediately. The host will then need to set up a fresh lobby and reinvite all players, resuming the tournament from the same race. This is why it is important to record positions after every race during a tournament. The same is true if a player drops at the end of a race after all players have finished
If a player disconnects DURING a race, unfortunately they will score zero for that race. The other players must finish the race and allow enough time for results to be recorded, then they must disconnect and the host should set the race up again as above.

It is not beneficial to any player to deliberately disconnect, but if you find that you are having major connection issues, it would be sporting of you to withdraw from the round. Especially if it may cause problems for the other members of your group.

SCORING

Scoring will vary from event to event, but the arrangement of points earned for position will remain the same throughout the tournament. The term “normal ranking points” will be used to refer to the standard allocation of points for position at the end of a race. That is:

1st – 8 points
2nd – 6 points
3rd – 5 points
4th – 4 points
5th – 3 points
6th – 2 points
7th – 1 points
8th or DNF – 0 points

Points will either be awarded for ranking at the end of an individual race, or at the end of a block of races. I will go into more detail on this in the events description.

SUBMISSION OF RESULTS

Before the tournament starts, I will organise a team of event managers who will help me collate the results from each round. Results will need to be sent either to me or to one of the event managers. The type of submission required will be detailed in the Events section for each individual event. For offline events, you will need to send your submissions to me or the event managers personally as a PM on WipeoutZone, either in one batch or spread out how you like. For online game modes, only the final ranking for each block of races will be needed. It is advisable during online game modes to have more than one person recording results in case one of them disconnects.

Events Schedule

http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s672/Hellfire_WZ/OmniumSchedulesmall.jpg

Please note - the deadline for the Finals has been changed to Sunday 3rd February

The schedule above shows the windows over which each round will take place. For offline game modes, they represent the time allowed to achieve your best results and to submit them. For online game modes, they represent the time allowed to organise and complete your event with your group. As it will be difficult to allocate a strict opening and closing time for each window because of time zones, I will determine this at a later date.

Tracks will be revealed for each round when the window opens. This is to allow everyone a fair stab at each event.

THE FINAL

http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s672/Hellfire_WZ/OmniumFinalposter_zps08afa5c2.jpg

The Finals will consist of a mixed series of events containing all game modes. They will feature various speed classes, Zone targets and score targets, and will be both online and offline. There is a five day window in which your group will need to complete all their events, and they may be completed in any order at any time. Each group will have an event manager - Hellfire_WZ will manage the Gold and Bronze finals while Colonel will manage the Silver final. Submission of scores and race results will be done in the same way as the original events.

The tracks and game modes for the Final are as follows, along with how each event will be ranked.

ONLINE SINGLE RACE
Normal ranking points for position

The Amphiseum Reverse - Venom
Sol 2 - Venom
Tech De Ra Reverse - Flash
Vineta K - Flash
Ubermall Reverse - Rapier
Talon's Junction - Rapier
Modesto Heights Reverse - Phantom
Sebenco Climb - Phantom

ONLINE ELIMINATOR - TARGET 260

Tech De Ra Reverse - Venom
Metropia - Venom
The Amphiseum Reverse - Flash
Chenghou Project - Flash
Anulpha Pass Reverse - Rapier
Sol 2 - Rapier
Talon's Junction Reverse - Phantom
Moa Therma - Phantom

ONLINE ZONE BATTLE

Sebenco Climb Reverse - 30
Chenghou Project - 35
Sol 2 Reverse - 40
Metropia - 45
Moa Therma Reverse - 50
Corridon 12 - 55

SPEED LAP
Ranked on the sum of all lap times set

The Amphiseum Reverse - Venom
Modesto Heights - Flash
Chenghou Project - Rapier
Sol 2 - Phantom

TIME TRIAL - FASTEST RACE TIME
Ranked on the sum of all race times set

Ubermall - Venom
Tech De Ra Reverse - Flash
Vineta K - Rapier
Modesto Heights Reverse - Phantom

ZONE - HIGHEST ZONE
Ranked on the sum of all Zones reached

Metropia Reverse
Tech De Ra
Sebenco Climb

DETONATOR - HIGHEST SCORE
Ranked on the sum of all scores set

Moa Therma Reverse
Chenghou Project
Talon's Junction

Normal ranking points are awarded for position at the end of each of the seven rounds, so the final will be judged over a total of 56 available points. All results must be submitted to the event manager for your group by midnight on Sunday 3rd February. The winners will be announced the following day

GOOD LUCK!

The full results for the group stages and finals are attached below

GekkoP
8th November 2012, 05:46 AM
I won't miss it this time. Meanwhile, I have time to make myself comfortable with online races. I know you'll kick my a** badly, but it will be fun.

scarfrogers
8th November 2012, 10:14 AM
I am putting in the time! All about practise. Get those BRs rolling :)

docfo4r
8th November 2012, 07:13 PM
I'll try to make it this time aswell!

SaturnReturn
8th November 2012, 07:22 PM
I'll have to see what the format is before committing, but will enjoy taking part if time allows, despite not having a clue with anything other than Phantom racing.

JFthebestJan
8th November 2012, 07:39 PM
this sounds very ambitious. :)

kind of a 'wipEout HD Cup 2.0 Extreme Extended Edition'
im in

Colonel
8th November 2012, 07:51 PM
I think it's an amazing idea and I can't wait. I've no doubt whatsoever this will be massive.

Aeralys
9th November 2012, 11:26 AM
sayyyyyyy whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Sweet. Any early details on how we'll submit TT and SL times? Would there be a number of attempts per track or a timeframe to set our best?

blackwiggle
9th November 2012, 12:05 PM
I know we are the current bastion [From Sony's perspective ] of all things WIPEOUT.
Otherwise these upcoming comp alert would not be being posted here.

But, as I am not following Facebook or Twitter, so I might seem slightly out of the loop, I find it rather strange that all other regions / Languages and forums [ as far as I know] are not getting the same attention as the Wipeoutzone.

This seems rather strange, since as all long term pilots know this is not just a game just for the English speaking, many a friend of many a pilot at this forum would not speak the same language yet we still are on each others friends list and race against each other regularly .

I don't see this being catered for Big Picture wise

A lot of Wipeout tragics don't know about the Wipeoutzone.... or even if they do, they might not like trying to work out what is being said in English via Babelfish or whatever software people try to sort these things out with if Japanese / Italian / Portuguese / Korean etc is not their native tongue.

That's a LOT of Pilots left out of the loop.

Has AMI posted the same at Wipeout Arena?
I haven't checked, but it would be a HUGE slight, and very remiss if this video has not had a French equivalent made, and posted at Wipeout Arena .. I mean How many French are amoung the elite Phantom pilots, and how hard would it be to cater for them since they are a major part of Wipeout's fan base.

Just curious.
I love this game and want to see it stay alive, and if I think something could be done a bit better, or that some opportunity has been missed, well as a long term fan, and for that matter a long term Wipeoutzone forum member, I feel a duty to bring these matters up.

That's all.

Why if this is a Sony lead comp, anything being posted at the official Sony PlayStation Forums?

Actually: If Sony has given the position to AMI to be the spokesperson for Wipeout HD/FURY/2048, and that Wipeout is Sony owned, she should be able to utilize all of the "Official Sony PlayStation Forums amenities "
Those being "Global Translation" and posting at official Sony PlayStation forums.

Go GIRL!!!:mr-t

Hellfire_WZ
9th November 2012, 01:46 PM
It's not an official Sony tournament, it's all being organised by me. It's all in its infancy at the moment, I only really got the general idea for something like this fairly recently. The reason why it is here instead of the Arena is because I am aiming for it to be advertised across all channels once it has all been finalised, with Ami helping to do so. Funny enough I was talking to Ami only last week about involving Wipeout Arena more in our upcoming large scale events, but as you say the issue is likely to be the language barrier. This is where we're gonna need help to spread the word of events like this if there are people on this forum who are more suited to communicate where we can't.

scarfrogers
9th November 2012, 02:36 PM
I'm so pleased you guys are organising things and setting up all the tournys - it really is great and much appreciated!

I don't know if Weed_Junky uses this forum? I need to send him a message on the PS3 because he is always on Wipeout and a pretty dedicated pilot! I will try and message some others that I haven't seen on here and recommend this site to them! :)

Knux_Chaotix
9th November 2012, 02:48 PM
Ooooooooooh Im looking forward to this :P Looks to be AWESOME!!! But I keep reading OMNIUM as OMNOMNOMNOM lol

blackwiggle
9th November 2012, 03:07 PM
I'm so pleased you guys are organising things and setting up all the tournys - it really is great and much appreciated!

I don't know if Weed_Junky uses this forum? I need to send him a message on the PS3 because he is always on Wipeout and a pretty dedicated pilot! I will try and message some others that I haven't seen on here and recommend this site to them! :)

Weed_ Junky seems to have at least 4 separate Weed_Junky Accounts from what I know of from seeing the online names that appear.

Sending a message to one [The original in my case, since that's the one on my friends list ] might mean ages before a reply

scarfrogers
9th November 2012, 03:08 PM
lol I know! I have up to Weed_Junky3. He always replys and is friendly though so I am sure he will be up for some of these events :)

Bollywood_Bandit
9th November 2012, 03:09 PM
I hope this tournament is planned for 3 weeks time +... I'm in India and don't have a PS3 with me so bleh. Once I get back to UK, I can dust off the Ica and give it some love :D

I haven't played wipeout regularly now for a heck of a long time. I rarely get online, and when I do, I've noticed that the level of competition is seriously up there.

Am excited !!! Big Up hellfire_wz, you holding it up for us bro!

@Blackwiggle, send a message to all 4 accounts - they all in sequence.

blackwiggle
9th November 2012, 03:25 PM
It's not an official Sony tournament, it's all being organised by me. It's all in its infancy at the moment, I only really got the general idea for something like this fairly recently. The reason why it is here instead of the Arena is because I am aiming for it to be advertised across all channels once it has all been finalised, with Ami helping to do so. Funny enough I was talking to Ami ony last week about involving Wipeout Arena more in our upcoming large scale events, but as you say the issue is likely to be the language barrier. This is where we're gonna need help to spread the word of events like this if there are people on this forum who are more suited to communicate where we can't.

Ok.
Thanks Charlie
That's cleared things up considerably.
If help is needed for any of this just ask.
I'm sure Leungbok or Kaori will want to alert the ARENA pilots.
Who to alert our Japanese pilots ? .... I'm not quite sure ... AKO perhaps?
Just peruse what is available via separate Playstation forums in the options menu, vis a vie what different countries have their own forums.
Quite a few Europe wide ....KANAR used most of them to post for the World Cup ... Did his head in poor chap and no longer races.:cold

Ami Nakajima
9th November 2012, 03:40 PM
Ok.
Thanks Charlie
That's cleared things up considerably.
If help is needed for any of this just ask.
I'm sure Leungbok or Kaori will want to alert the ARENA pilots.
Who to alert our Japanese pilots ? .... I'm not quite sure ... AKO perhaps?
Just peruse what is available via separate Playstation forums in the options menu, vis a vie what different countries have their own forums.
Quite a few Europe wide ....KANAR used most of them to post for the World Cup ... Did his head in poor chap and no longer races.:cold

Hey blackwiggle!

The promotion of Omnium will be promoted via official channels once details are confirmed, therefore involving the wider community as well as WZ.

As Charlie mentioned, I have spoken about how wicked it would be to involve the Arena guys and ways of which we could pass the language barrier and get them involved with us too. I'd LOVE to see them join us!
With your help (along with the rest of our community) we should be able to solve this. If we can all make other Pilots aware of competitions and get-togethers using our own languages, we should be covered

Help your brothers and sisters out!

GekkoP
9th November 2012, 04:44 PM
If I can be of any help just let me know. I'm Italian, don't know how many Italian pilots are here in WipeoutZone, but anyway. For all your Italian issues, count me in.

Colonel
10th November 2012, 09:48 AM
I don't know if Weed_Junky uses this forum? I need to send him a message on the PS3 because he is always on Wipeout and a pretty dedicated pilot!:)

I think the dedicated pilot is a fair assessment, he's at about rank 75 with Weed_Junky3, no doubt it'll be 101 within the next few months, then back to rank 1 with Weed_Junky4! He always platinums the game with each new account too, the man's a machine :robot

Anyway, as you say, would be good to get him on board and he always replies to PSN messages, he's a good guy.

UB3R~JKP
11th November 2012, 02:37 PM
It's not an official Sony tournament, it's all being organised by me. It's all in its infancy at the moment, I only really got the general idea for something like this fairly recently. The reason why it is here instead of the Arena is because I am aiming for it to be advertised across all channels once it has all been finalised, with Ami helping to do so. Funny enough I was talking to Ami only last week about involving Wipeout Arena more in our upcoming large scale events, but as you say the issue is likely to be the language barrier. This is where we're gonna need help to spread the word of events like this if there are people on this forum who are more suited to communicate where we can't.

If you need something similiar to Kanar's WipEout HD Cup regarding 'community leaders' I would happily offer my services. :)

blackwiggle
12th November 2012, 07:46 AM
Just for future reference.
Incase threads and posts get deleted.

Here is the link to AKO-SHO's Japanese based "All Things Wipeout"

http://www22.atpages.jp/wipeout/wipeout/main.html

If ther was ever a rabid Wipeout fan ... AKO - SHO is well up there.

Hellfire_WZ
13th November 2012, 09:14 PM
Just finished designing the banner for the tournament, feel free to shunt this around nearer the time to get people's interest ;)

GekkoP
14th November 2012, 05:47 AM
very beautiful. I'll share it around.

ericd7
16th November 2012, 03:49 PM
Nice work on the banner :) and thank you for organising this tournament.Count me in.

onlykpop
17th November 2012, 02:15 AM
This sounds like alot of fun! IN 8)

Defjukie16
17th November 2012, 04:59 AM
Be warned kpop. Racing is not the only thing you have to worry about :)

7035 wE arE yOur brEaTh aNd wE cAn taKe It AwAy 7035

Magicion88
18th November 2012, 07:18 PM
Hey guys, quick question: I want to join this tournament, but all I have is a PS Vita with WipEout 2048. I have also downloaded the HD Fury pack so is it possible for me to join in? Or do I have to get a PS3?
-Magicion88

Hellfire_WZ
18th November 2012, 07:21 PM
Hey

Sorry, this is going to be a PS3-only tournament. A fully customisable racebox will be needed to set up each event, and we encountered huge problems with Vita users trying to join games in the Rebirth tournament.

docfo4r
18th November 2012, 07:23 PM
I can't wait for it :)

Only thing I wonder about is how Detonator and all other single-player-only modes will be handled..

Hellfire_WZ
18th November 2012, 08:35 PM
I'm thinking of setting a number of tracks (with speed classes where necessary) and giving all players in each group a number of days to get the highest score/time/zone they can. Only one submission, and it must be accompanied by a screenshot or video.

Magicion88
18th November 2012, 11:15 PM
Hey

Sorry, this is going to be a PS3-only tournament. A fully customisable racebox will be needed to set up each event, and we encountered huge problems with Vita users trying to join games in the Rebirth tournament.

Aww... What did you guys try to do? I would have hoped the party-system would've worked...
-Magicion88

Ragsus Maxima
19th November 2012, 03:58 PM
Looks quite promising. A large scale Racebox League. Count me in! :)

Hellfire_WZ
19th November 2012, 04:48 PM
If there's enough demand I may try and sort out a separate Vita tournament to run alongside it, although organising the direct online competition parts may be awkward as you cannot set up private games. Don't worry though, I've got something smaller lined up for December that everyone can take part in, whether on a Vita or PS3 ;)

stin
19th November 2012, 05:22 PM
Put me in

stevie:)

Hellfire_WZ
20th November 2012, 06:31 PM
I'm sitting here looking at the provisional tournament schedule right now - trust me guys, it looks the bollocks ;)

Colonel
20th November 2012, 10:45 PM
Fantastic, I'm really looking forward to this.

Azurooth
20th November 2012, 10:50 PM
Missed out on the last one, will not miss this one.

scarfrogers
21st November 2012, 11:02 AM
I'm in! This Saturday right? I should be around most of the day but not late afternoon/evening. Exciting!! :)

Rapier Racer
21st November 2012, 12:12 PM
This looks awesome :D count me in, plenty of brush up time as well. That promotional piece you put together looks great :)

Hellfire_WZ
27th November 2012, 05:44 PM
It's getting closer :) The schedule and arrangements for each round are now ready, registration will be open on the 1st December

http://youtu.be/BRe-zy5EH1I

Mikahail
27th November 2012, 06:03 PM
Nice trailer ! :+

scarfrogers
27th November 2012, 07:20 PM
I'm so in! :) Dam I had better start trying Phantom speed out asap...great...!

Flash. IT WILL BE MINE *first lap gets eliminated and rage quits* ...lol

Knux_Chaotix
27th November 2012, 07:38 PM
Im so excited for this!!! The video looked great btw!!! I do love Eliminators a little too much :P

AG-SYSTEMS
27th November 2012, 08:42 PM
Now I should really figure out how to get a PSN account.

GekkoP
27th November 2012, 10:08 PM
Great trailer, really looking forward to this.

AGSys
27th November 2012, 11:27 PM
This is going to be epic. Like the real 'epic', not text language. I finally got HD and Fury so I can try to participate in this thing at least a little. I can't wait to sign up. Really awesome trailer by the way!

onlykpop
27th November 2012, 11:59 PM
Been practicing for this! Pretty excited ;)

ID_7of9
28th November 2012, 09:50 AM
Miles, you don't need to practice... ;D

scarfrogers
28th November 2012, 09:54 AM
Oh God out come the big ones..pilots you don't mess with :) My thumbs are gonna bleed...!

ID_7of9
28th November 2012, 10:06 AM
Oh God out come the big ones..pilots you don't mess with :) My thumbs are gonna bleed...!

no pain, no gain! :g

MightyJordan
28th November 2012, 10:40 AM
Just saw the trailer (thanks to Ami Nakajima's tweet); count me in for this one! This will be a great unwind for me after my current university assignments. :)

Hellfire_WZ
28th November 2012, 07:17 PM
The first post has been updated, all details on the structure and schedule for the tournament are now available. Registration will open on Saturday :)

GekkoP
28th November 2012, 07:55 PM
HUGE!

One problem for me though: from 1 to 4 January I'm not at home. I'll be here ready for the rest of the tournament but I don't really know how to sort out those first time trials. Damn.

Hellfire_WZ
28th November 2012, 08:14 PM
I can sort out contingency plans for anyone unavailable during those times, the penalties will only apply to anyone who IS available and doesn't submit a time :)

Colonel
28th November 2012, 08:44 PM
I've just finished reading the format and rules. Wow, this must really have taken some thought Charlie. Looks great it really does, and of course I'll volunteer for the event manager team.

This is gonna be immense, I anticipate some late nights and some early mornings :g

Knux_Chaotix
28th November 2012, 08:44 PM
Wow... Just wow... This looks intense!!! Practice practice practice time I think ^_^ Cannot wait!!!

UB3R~JKP
28th November 2012, 11:14 PM
Oh yeah, time to get back on the track. :D

GekkoP
29th November 2012, 05:47 AM
I can sort out contingency plans for anyone unavailable during those times, the penalties will only apply to anyone who IS available and doesn't submit a time :)

Thank you. I'll do the best I can to be available since I know this will be very hard to organise and probably everyone's going to have some problem more or less.

Ace3000
29th November 2012, 09:16 AM
I have a question; are we able to use any ship livery in the tournament? Like for instance, the Zone Battle or the Silver skin?

Also, can I record the tournament from my point of view?

Hellfire_WZ
29th November 2012, 10:06 AM
Yes and yes :)

Ace3000
29th November 2012, 10:11 AM
Awesome, thanks a bunch!

Dark_Phantom_89
29th November 2012, 06:09 PM
Wow, this looks absolutely incredible! Seriously Hellfire, you've outdone yourself here and I can't wait for this! :hyper

Hellfire_WZ
29th November 2012, 06:28 PM
Thanks a lot guys, this is why I'm doing this :)

We're two days away from opening registration, I'm gonna need everyone to try and get as much interest going in this as we can get. Put it out on every channel you know, get Arena involved. We've got the trailer, spread that around too. Ami is helping out by advertising it to the wider community on Twitter (thanks a lot for that, really appreciated!). My initial target is 64 players like the Rebirth tournament, but if we end up with more somehow I'll worry about that when we get there. After all, it's a good problem to have ;)

Of course, please do make it clear that it is a PS3-only tournament due to the issues we had with the Vita in the last one.

Knux_Chaotix
29th November 2012, 08:35 PM
Done and done ^_^ shared it via FB, Twitter etc. Hopefully get it some more interest ^_^

Colonel
29th November 2012, 10:43 PM
I've forewarned the lads I work with that I'll be doing reduced hours on Tuesdays and Wednesdays throughout January. I've also told Mrs Gaddafi we need to have a serious chat about January as a whole, and that I'll basically be free on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays.

She shook her head, said "I'm going to work" and left. I'm sure she'll be fine, she's probably just excited about the whole thing and doesn't know how to show it. Fascinating creatures, women.

Medusa
29th November 2012, 11:29 PM
LOL you can say that again. And again, and again, and again...

I think it's awesome that Detonator is incorporated into this one, Hellfire. Great way to keep such a great game alive!

Knux_Chaotix
30th November 2012, 12:32 AM
I'm sure she'll be fine, she's probably just excited about the whole thing and doesn't know how to show it. Fascinating creatures, women.

That right there, BRILLIANT!!! And very much true too lol

GekkoP
30th November 2012, 06:01 AM
She shook her head, said "I'm going to work" and left. I'm sure she'll be fine, she's probably just excited about the whole thing and doesn't know how to show it. Fascinating creatures, women.

Yeah, my wife's same reaction. She may be worried I won't let her play LittleBigPlanet on January.

scarfrogers
30th November 2012, 12:45 PM
I'm not going to tell mine. Unless I want to test my health insurance

Hellfire_WZ
1st December 2012, 11:23 AM
Registration is now open! You know how to go about doing it guys, I'll be compiling the participants list as of tomorrow :)

UB3R~JKP
1st December 2012, 11:45 AM
UB3R-BR3NDAGE
GMT (London/Dublin)

GekkoP
1st December 2012, 11:56 AM
Gekko_P
GMT+1 (Rome)

stin
1st December 2012, 12:21 PM
stin_wz

GMT (London/Dublin)

camlet
1st December 2012, 12:25 PM
permission to join also i might not make to some if the rounds
time zone cst gmt -6hr

Ace3000
1st December 2012, 12:50 PM
PSN: Ace3000_42
Time zone: GMT+8 (Perth, Australia)

Knux_Chaotix
1st December 2012, 02:18 PM
PSN - Knux_Chaotix
Time Zone - GMT (London etc)

Hellfire_WZ
1st December 2012, 02:32 PM
camlet - I need your PSN and time zone to register you

scarfrogers
1st December 2012, 02:48 PM
PSN: scarfrogers
Time Zone - GMT (London)

MightyJordan
1st December 2012, 02:54 PM
PSN ID: MightyJordan

Time Zone: GMT (London)

JFthebestJan
1st December 2012, 02:56 PM
JFthebestJan - gmt+1(berlin)

ericd7
1st December 2012, 03:00 PM
Psn ID: ericd7m
GMT+1/paris

vlhad13
1st December 2012, 03:35 PM
Psn ID: vlhad13
GMT-5 (Colombia)

Azurooth
1st December 2012, 03:35 PM
Psn ID: Azurooth
GMT+1 (Sweden)

Liod19
1st December 2012, 05:51 PM
PSN ID: Liod19
Time Zone: GMT+1 (Germany)

Mikahail
1st December 2012, 05:57 PM
PSN : Mikahail
GMT +1 (Paris)

Dark_Phantom_89
1st December 2012, 06:58 PM
PSN: Dark_Phantom_89

Timezone: GMT (London)

Excitement Level: Off The Scale. :g

AGSys
1st December 2012, 07:25 PM
PSN: CJ4717

Timezone: GMT + 13:00 (New Zealand)

Liger Inuzuka
1st December 2012, 07:33 PM
I would love to join the tournament!
My PSN is Liger-Inuzuka and my time zone is +1 GMT, as I live in Belgrade, Serbia. :D

camlet
1st December 2012, 09:06 PM
hell-fire all ready post my time at my first post

TheConzio
2nd December 2012, 02:17 AM
PSN: theconzio
Timezone: GMT +8 (Perth, Australia)

Ace3000
2nd December 2012, 02:23 AM
It seems you are my competition, conzio, since we are both from Perth!

bpinflag
2nd December 2012, 03:22 AM
PSN ID: bpinflag
GMT: -7 (United States)

Better start practicing again...

onlykpop
2nd December 2012, 06:38 AM
PSN: onlykpop
Time Zone: EST United States

:)

novide
2nd December 2012, 06:38 AM
novide
GMT +1 (Switzerland)

TheConzio
2nd December 2012, 08:30 AM
It seems you are my competition, conzio, since we are both from Perth!

Alright, we shall see what happens! Hopefully we are in the same group 8)

Ace3000
2nd December 2012, 08:47 AM
That would be epic!

KloakinDevice
2nd December 2012, 12:20 PM
KloakinDevice
GMT +0 (England)

soo excited for this! if i can help organise in anyway let me know!

Ragsus Maxima
2nd December 2012, 02:36 PM
PSN ID: Ragsus_Maxima
Timezone: UTC +1 (Spain)

Aeralys
2nd December 2012, 04:25 PM
PSN ID: Aeralys
Timezone: GMT+0 (London)

Lets do this!

fab0810
2nd December 2012, 05:41 PM
Psn ID: fab0810
GMT+1/france

Rapier Racer
2nd December 2012, 06:02 PM
PSN ID: Rapier Racer
GMT +/-0 UK

Hellfire_WZ
2nd December 2012, 06:14 PM
Cheers guys, we've got 29 on board already! We need to keep going though, remember that Rebirth managed to attract 64 initially. Spread the word wherever you can, get people on board!

Participants list is now in the first post, if you're name's there you're in :)

SoA_Booney
2nd December 2012, 08:33 PM
Sign me up :)

gmt (0)

Colonel
2nd December 2012, 09:08 PM
Colonel__Gaddafi
GMT

Light Buster
2nd December 2012, 10:09 PM
PSN: Lightbuster88

Time Area: PST

epicdudettu
3rd December 2012, 12:24 AM
PSN: epicdudettu
Timezone: GMT +8 (Perth, Australia)

MrBlakemore
3rd December 2012, 01:39 AM
I'm in for real this time. Once again the PSN ID is ADBwh1t34ndn3rdy, GMT -6

- - - Updated - - -

I'm in for real this time. ADBwh1t34ndn3rdy, GMT -6

UB3R~JKP
3rd December 2012, 09:27 AM
Cheers guys, we've got 29 on board already! We need to keep going though, remember that Rebirth managed to attract 64 initially. Spread the word wherever you can, get people on board!

Participants list is now in the first post, if you're name's there you're in :)

Damn you Hellfire! :lol I had an elaborate joke about being first to sign-up on the participants listso I could say that 'at least I came first in something! :P

DuCkyLAT
3rd December 2012, 10:05 AM
I would Love to join!
DuCkyLAT
+2 GMT

LJtheZombie
3rd December 2012, 06:40 PM
LJtheZombie
GMT

But uh, could someone tell me what 'BSB' is? I'm drawing a blank here.

Hellfire_WZ
3rd December 2012, 07:09 PM
Boost-select-boost. I know it was removed in an earlier version of the game in favour of the current lap reset system, but I think I recall hearing that it can be replicated. Just a back-covering statement really to ensure a level playing field.

Medusa
3rd December 2012, 07:15 PM
Beam me up, Scottie! Err, sign me up, Charlie! Err, I'd like to join, even though I'm crazy :)

PSN ID: kiTTun
GMT -6

Valli
3rd December 2012, 09:29 PM
PSN ID: Pandiloco
GMT+1 (Spain)

joeg_garcia78
3rd December 2012, 10:17 PM
Psn ID: jorg_garcia78
GMT-5 (Colombia)

Defjukie16
4th December 2012, 04:08 AM
After coming dead last in the semis in REBIRTH, I felt like I let myself down, the power was in my controller and my controller failed me, with it being glitchy and dodgy this past year. I'm pushed myself to the next level with it, and now with my R2 button broken off, I still practice and compete and conquer. Being a freelancer while going to school, work is not abundant but It's the holiday season and regardless of what controller I'm using, I will try my best to make this and win.

PSN Name: Defjukie16
EST (-5)

amjw
4th December 2012, 06:01 PM
definitely up for this after missing rebirth. preparing my angus.

PSNid: a-m-j-w
GMT 0

Hellfire_WZ
6th December 2012, 09:35 AM
Thanks for everyone's interest so far! We're up to 43 participants at the moment in just six days. Still a way short of my initial target of 64 but coming on nicely :) Let's keep it going guys, please try and get as many people as you can involved

TH4YA1
6th December 2012, 11:36 AM
I want to participate!

PSN ID: TH4YA1
Timezone: GMT +9 (Japan)

KloakinDevice
11th December 2012, 04:08 PM
signing up a friend of mine! soo excited for this!

PSN ID: juanblaze209
Timezone: GMT +0

onlykpop
11th December 2012, 11:41 PM
If anyone is interested, I have posted a new thread proposing an idea I think would work and would be fun! Check it out :)

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?9095-Saturday-Speedway-s

Ace3000
15th December 2012, 08:15 AM
I'm unsure if I should put it here, but I just put together (very quickly and very crappily) a teaser trailer of the Tournament. which can be viewed here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=vPCZ0vMm0ok)

Hellfire_WZ
15th December 2012, 08:19 AM
Nice one, cheers ;)

Colonel
15th December 2012, 08:38 AM
Well done that man, very cool indeed. Can't wait now.

Ace3000
15th December 2012, 09:23 AM
haha, neither can I! That's partially why I made it. The other reason was because I was trying a different video editing software than what I normally use, but from the looks of it, I think I did a pretty good job.

Hellfire_WZ
15th December 2012, 02:49 PM
We're gonna need to make a real push for new participants over the next couple of weeks as we're not far away from starting! Once the advent calendar is done I'll be putting all my effort into getting this back into the limelight.

Colonel
16th December 2012, 02:47 PM
I'll be sending PSN messages to everybody on my friends lists, that haven't already expressed an interest.

UB3R~JKP
18th December 2012, 04:18 PM
Posted the thread in a WipEout thread on GTPlanet. :D

BTW, When will the groups be drawn? :)

Hellfire_WZ
18th December 2012, 05:19 PM
After Christmas, probably a few days before we start

Laser0pz
18th December 2012, 07:17 PM
Posted the thread in a WipEout thread on GTPlanet. :DConsider me a pilgrim (even though I actually joined a while ago :P).

Hellfire_WZ
18th December 2012, 07:27 PM
Good stuff! Need your PSN ID and time zone if you want in :)

Laser0pz
18th December 2012, 08:05 PM
Lazer0pz, GMT+12 :+

UB3R~JKP
18th December 2012, 08:20 PM
Woooo, success!

firefang9212
18th December 2012, 08:56 PM
I would like to join this tournament.

PSN ID - firefang9212
Time Zone - GMT +0 (England)

Colonel
18th December 2012, 11:16 PM
96 PSN messages sent between my two accounts, if that doesn't get us a few more people I'll be surprised :rock

XxSuperRyugaxX
19th December 2012, 12:16 PM
There is a place for me? :)
ID : XxSuperRyugaxX
Time Zone : GMT +1

Hoooof
23rd December 2012, 08:55 AM
I'd like to sign up please. Looks like a great tournament.

PSN: hoooof
Timezone: GMT

Feydius
23rd December 2012, 09:49 AM
Thanks Colonel for your PSN message. I didn't saw the thread because it was not on the first forum page all the times I visited wipeoutzone.

PSN: Feydius
TZ: UTC+1

Hellfire_WZ
23rd December 2012, 04:04 PM
Cheers guys, participants list is now up to date. If you can drag any more in that'd be fantastic :)

UB3R~JKP
23rd December 2012, 04:21 PM
I have another entry, He has tried to sign up but I dont think his account has been activated yet!

WZ Username: Mulgrew21
PSN ID: SnipersBlade
Timezone: GMT +0

Hellfire_WZ
23rd December 2012, 06:20 PM
Thanks, I've sorted him out now :)

UB3R~JKP
23rd December 2012, 07:25 PM
Awesome! Thanks Hellfire. :D

Hellfire_WZ
26th December 2012, 10:45 AM
Not a lot of time left to register now guys, I'll be drawing groups on the 30th :) Let's see if we can get any more in before then!

scarfrogers
26th December 2012, 05:56 PM
Quick question - will the races be over weekends/evenings? I have work during the week and away the 10th weekend - hope this doesn't matter 2 much...?

Looking forward to it! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hellfire_WZ
26th December 2012, 06:17 PM
I've scheduled events to be as flexible as possible without taking them too far out of whack. Offline events are during the week and can be done over four days. Online events are over the weekend and can be organised within your group as to what time they happen. If not everyone can make it for some reason then they can be rearranged for another convenient time ASAP after that window. I'm doing groups around time zones to make this as easy as possible.

GekkoP
27th December 2012, 08:51 AM
Maybe it'll be the only time in my life I say this, but I so hope the job interview I did last Friday won't go well, otherwise I can't be in. I'll pretty much be around Italy working if they hire me.
Meanwhile, I'm spreading the word around on my facebook and twitter accounts.

Knux_Chaotix
27th December 2012, 01:37 PM
Been circulating this round almost every form of social network thing Im on since it was announced lol. Hopefully it'll attract a few more people. Looking forward to it ^_^

Germanistgeek
27th December 2012, 06:26 PM
Well, just got the PS3 with HD Fury and 5 other games so, i'm in too :)

It's gonna be awesome.

TarquinFarqhuar
29th December 2012, 01:19 PM
Hi all :)

I'd like to enter please.

PSN Id: TarquinFarqhuar
Timezone: GMT (GlesgaMeanTime)

Cheers!

Hellfire_WZ
29th December 2012, 05:46 PM
Yep, you're in :) Need more!

Aeralys
29th December 2012, 09:00 PM
Dammit, my friend's stag do is on the 19th, so I'm gonna have trouble competing in the zone battle event if not at all. What to do what to do...

Hellfire_WZ
29th December 2012, 09:58 PM
As I said, there will be times where someone may not be available on a certain weekend, so online events can be played a short time outside the window in exceptional circumstances. If the worst absolutely comes to the worst, the majority of points are available in the offline modes anyway ;)

UB3R~JKP
30th December 2012, 10:30 AM
Oooooh, its Group d-day!

TheConzio
30th December 2012, 11:13 AM
Cant wait for the groups to be announced :D

Hellfire_WZ
30th December 2012, 12:14 PM
I'm in the process of doing the groups now. I'm sorting by time zone first, so if you're a long way from GMT you can probably guess who'll be in your group. This hasn't been as easy as I'd anticipated due to odd numbers so it may be the case that a few of you will be competing in a group where the majority will be up to 5 hours ahead or behind. However, this will be no more than 5 hours. This should only be an issue on weekends though so hopefully there'll be plenty of time to arrange a meet. Unfortunately this means that while all groups should have 7 in them, one group will have to have 6 people and one will have 8. There's no other way to do this without having someone play in a group where they are as many as 11 hours apart.

As for the rest of you, you're going through the random sorting process. Although I'm trying to avoid creating any groups of death as far as I can, so don't expect to see any Booney-kpop-Ryuga-Jan armageddon going down ;) That's not to say some of you won't be matched up against each other, but not nearly whole groups of you.

Colonel
30th December 2012, 12:19 PM
So excited, this is gonna be incredible! I'll be refreshing this page every 5 minutes :g

Ace3000
30th December 2012, 12:28 PM
Oh, here comes the moment of awesome!

Hellfire_WZ
30th December 2012, 12:48 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, here are your groups for the Omnium tournament!

GROUP 1
GROUP 2
GROUP 3
GROUP 4
GROUP 5
GROUP 6
GROUP 7
GROUP 8

bpinflag
onlykpop
Vlizertron
Rapier_Racer
alex-heureux
Feydius
novide
Ace3000_42

cam-let
Lightbuster88
EvanSauce
Germanistgeek22
fab0810
UB3R-BR3NDAGE
Colonel__Gaddaffi
theconzio

ADBwh1t34ndn3rdy
Pharron66
a-m-j-w
Pandiloco
juanblaze209
Mikahail
Liger-Inuzuka

epicdudettu

kiTTun
XxSuperRyugaxX
stin_wz
Knux_Chaotix
hoooof
SnipersBlade
MightyJordan
TH4YA1

Defjukie16
KloakinDevice
Ragsus_Maxima
SoA_Booney
challenger001
Hellfire_WZ
Azurooth
Lazer0pz

vlhad13
LJtheZombie
andybob35
Gekko_P
JFthebestJan
scarfrogers
firefang9212
CJ4717

jorg-garcia78
Aeralys
Dark_Phantom_89
Liod19
TarquinFarquar
ericd7m
DuCkyLAT
blackwiggle

JTPiranha
mechaSHEEN

greenymac

INNERVISION_241
Meesiash
TERRA-WRISTS

Serpent

Colonel
30th December 2012, 01:02 PM
Great stuff, some really interesting groups have come out there. I like that vlhad and jorge have been drawn against each other, nice bit of sibling rivalry there. Also Knux and RR being drawn together, excellent. No group of death as such but some very tasty ones indeed. Good work Charlie, looking forward to it immensely :)

Ace3000
30th December 2012, 01:43 PM
Awesome! Can't wait for the 1st of Jan!

camlet
30th December 2012, 01:51 PM
one question were do we post are pictures of are lap times

TheConzio
30th December 2012, 01:58 PM
Epicness

Its awesome because i have my friend from school in my group :D (epicdudettu)

Hellfire_WZ
30th December 2012, 01:59 PM
one question were do we post are pictures of are lap times

Each group will be assigned two event managers - one for offline game modes and one for online. When you're ready to submit times you'll need to send your screenshots to the event manager for your group.

Ace3000
30th December 2012, 01:59 PM
Epicness

I'll say! We're in the same group!

TheConzio
30th December 2012, 02:04 PM
Awesome!

GekkoP
30th December 2012, 02:06 PM
Gosh! I'm already dead! :D

ericd7
30th December 2012, 02:56 PM
I just sent invites to some players i've met online today, didn't realise it's Group-Day..
I can't say if they're interessed yet but is there a waiting list or should i tell them it's over?

Knux_Chaotix
30th December 2012, 04:23 PM
LOL!!! In a group with the other half and some awesome pilots!!! This is going to be AMAZING!!!

Hellfire_WZ
30th December 2012, 04:31 PM
Eric, I'm willing to keep adding pilots as long as there's space, but everyone needs to be in place ready to start on the 1st. We only have a handful left though and time zones could make it awkward

stin
30th December 2012, 04:34 PM
Nae bother, I can`t beat these shithot guys!!! :blarg wow!, looking forward to this.

ericd7
30th December 2012, 05:27 PM
I got reply from 1 player who isn't interessed.
Waiting for the second one who's from japan.
He probably sleeps atm.Hopefully he'll connect tomorow, could join group 8.

Hellfire_WZ
30th December 2012, 05:38 PM
That's perfect! Group 8 was looking a bit lonely ;)

onlykpop
30th December 2012, 08:10 PM
Wow the excitement is increasing! Cant wait :D

Hellfire_WZ
30th December 2012, 10:19 PM
Meesiash has been added to Group 5. I will accept late registrations as long as I can reasonably accommodate them, but the absolute final deadline is midnight tomorrow, as the tournament will be starting

UB3R~JKP
31st December 2012, 01:02 AM
So excited to get started. :D

TheConzio
31st December 2012, 07:23 AM
Can there be anyone else for group 8...?

Hellfire_WZ
31st December 2012, 10:41 AM
I would, but the issue is the time zones. If someone is happy to play against a group that could be as many as 11 hours ahead then that's fine, but it may be very awkward trying to organise a meet up for online events on every weekend.

New player in Group 1, JTPiranha has joined

ericd7
31st December 2012, 10:51 AM
I told Ayaea25 who could enter group 8, to come and register here before tonight but he was not sure to have enough time for playing the whole tournament :|

Hellfire_WZ
31st December 2012, 11:02 AM
Agh, that's a shame :? Do we know any other Japanese/Australian/NZ pilots that could step in?

I'm going to organise event managers in a bit, who will be responsible for collating results and sending them to me at the end of each round. Each manager will be responsible for their group for online events, and the next group along for offline. I'll explain the reasons for that later on ;) I'll do it from my group, and I'll try and call in long-term players to help out.

onlykpop
31st December 2012, 11:45 AM
ayaea25 is a She :) And I could ask some Japanese/Australian friends of mine if they would like to join!

TheConzio
31st December 2012, 12:05 PM
That's great, would love to have a few extra in my group :)

Aeralys
31st December 2012, 12:18 PM
Well I'm going to get slaughtered, both tonight for new year's celebrations and online by my group competition. I have a lot more going on in January than I expected so hopefully I can still make it to everything.

blackwiggle
31st December 2012, 12:39 PM
Agh, that's a shame :? Do we know any other Japanese/Australian/NZ pilots that could step in?

I'm going to organise event managers in a bit, who will be responsible for collating results and sending them to me at the end of each round. Each manager will be responsible for their group for online events, and the next group along for offline. I'll explain the reasons for that later on ;) I'll do it from my group, and I'll try and call in long-term players to help out.

OK , sign me up.
I, have avoided committing myself till now only because of the time difference, but it seems I could be able to participate [as in accommodating strange play against times] for at least the next 4 weeks

Hellfire_WZ
31st December 2012, 12:47 PM
Thanks a bunch mate, everyone in Group 8 ranges from +8 to +13 so hopefully a five hour difference from one end to the other will be fine :)

blackwiggle
31st December 2012, 12:55 PM
OK, Locked in :+

TheConzio
31st December 2012, 01:08 PM
Thank you!

Hellfire_WZ
31st December 2012, 01:11 PM
Right, here is the provisional event manager list. This is just a compilation of names who I think would be best suited for the job, so if you don't want to or feel you can't commit, please let me know. Remember, event managers will be in charge of collating results from their own group for online events, and the next group along for offline events (Group 8's event manager would therefore be in charge of Group 1's offline results)

GROUP 1 - Defjukie16
GROUP 2 - LJtheZombie
GROUP 3 - Dark_Phantom_89
GROUP 4 - Rapier_Racer
GROUP 5 - JFthebestJan
GROUP 6 - Hellfire_WZ
GROUP 7 - Colonel__Gaddaffi
GROUP 8 - theconzio

TheConzio
31st December 2012, 01:20 PM
Will i need to notify the people in my group (and group 1) that im their event manager?

Hellfire_WZ
31st December 2012, 01:24 PM
You could do, but I'll make sure everyone checks the list here before they begin to submit their results :)

Rapier Racer
31st December 2012, 02:09 PM
Group manager eh? No problem dude happy to help out :)

blackwiggle
31st December 2012, 02:46 PM
Group manager eh? No problem dude happy to help out :)
Remember the HD WORLD CUP ?

That certainly didn't go to plan.

I think this just might be a equivalently likely end result.
[Just replace certain players names within the story]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackwater_%28Game_of_Thrones%29

Don't get me wrong.
I'm IN and will RACE till my thumb bleeds.

TheConzio
31st December 2012, 03:13 PM
I am now living in the year 2013 :)

mechaSHEEN
31st December 2012, 05:07 PM
Playstation ID: mechaSHEEN
Time zone: EST, United States

I hope im not too late...

Rapier Racer
31st December 2012, 05:16 PM
I don't know much about the HD World Cup I did not take part and wasn't on the forums enough at the time to follow the threads on it.

terra-wrists
31st December 2012, 06:14 PM
I want to play this one competition :)

TERRA-WRISTS

time zone is france :hyper :robot :mr-t :cowboy :dizzy :guitar :rock :blarg

scarfrogers
31st December 2012, 06:25 PM
Happy New Year everyone! Here's to racing in 2013 on Wipeout! :)

Hellfire_WZ
31st December 2012, 06:44 PM
Yep, room for all of you. Greenymac is in too so it's looking close to a full house!

Hellfire_WZ
31st December 2012, 11:24 PM
Happy New Year everyone! Keep your eyes open in the morning, OMNIUM is about to kick off! :D

Ace3000
1st January 2013, 03:07 AM
sorta doesn't work for me, it's midday in the new year for me. :D

onlykpop
1st January 2013, 07:54 AM
Im so anxious! Sitting here re-loading the page every 5 mins lol...yes I have nothing else to do at this time >.<

stin
1st January 2013, 08:32 AM
For the first time, I AM pretty apprehensive for this challenge.

Hellfire_WZ
1st January 2013, 09:30 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, Round 1 is ready! You have four days, have fun! :)

Oh, and I forgot to mention (Adam you're gonna love me for this ;)), Serpent has joined Group 7

Feydius
1st January 2013, 09:52 AM
Happy new year.

In case nobody asked it or maybe I havn't seen it just two little questions. Who are the event/group managers to sent the screenshots to? And this round ends Saturday 0:00 for the individual timezone?

Okay found the event managers in post #186. :)

Hellfire_WZ
1st January 2013, 09:55 AM
The event manager list is a couple of pages back, it's finalised now. I'll highlight them in the groups on the first page. Remember you'll need to send your screenshots to the manager of the group before yours. And yeah, it'll be midnight for each individual timezone.

Feydius
1st January 2013, 09:59 AM
Thanks Hellfire.

Ace3000
1st January 2013, 10:13 AM
The event manager list is a couple of pages back, it's finalised now. I'll highlight them in the groups on the first page. Remember you'll need to send your screenshots to the manager of the group before yours. And yeah, it'll be midnight for each individual timezone.

I know the info for Round 1 says to take a screenshot, but could we post a video of the time trial?

Hellfire_WZ
1st January 2013, 10:15 AM
Yes, you can send the link to the event manager, but please make sure it includes the post-race stats screen. Also, remember that you will need to keep your times quiet until the window has passed so you will need to set the video as Unlisted until then.

Ace3000
1st January 2013, 10:25 AM
Awesome, thanks man!

Liger Inuzuka
1st January 2013, 10:29 AM
Hello~
I am not sure where to post this question, as I am a bit of a newcomer to forums at all;
Anyhow, I see one of the rules are to keep your submission results private until the end of a window. However we have to submit them during the window. If our only method of recording the results are thru photographic screenshots, where and when do we submit/upload them? I am a bit confused.

scarfrogers
1st January 2013, 10:31 AM
stupid question but why do we need to keep times quiet? Flash and Venom here I come! ;)

amjw
1st January 2013, 10:55 AM
Yes, you can send the link to the event manager, but please make sure it includes the post-race stats screen. Also, remember that you will need to keep your times quiet until the window has passed so you will need to set the video as Unlisted until then.

[don't know how to delete, sorry - you just answered the question :P]

Hellfire_WZ
1st January 2013, 11:02 AM
When I say keep them private, I mean from the rest of your group. You need to send them via a private message here to the event manager in charge of offline events for your group

The reason for keeping them private is to add another layer of uncertainty to submitting your results. If you don't know how the rest of your group are doing then you need to think hard about submitting a time ;)

scarfrogers
1st January 2013, 11:44 AM
Oh I see! Maybe I shouldn't be putting them on wipeoutrankings! opps! x3 Top 20s so far! This is great fun btw. WIPEOUT FOREVER!!

JFthebestJan
1st January 2013, 12:23 PM
@hellfire: all tracks fwd?

onlykpop
1st January 2013, 01:34 PM
Are we allowed to submit our times to our event manager BEFORE the Friday deadline? Sorry we are swamping you with questions lol...

UB3R~JKP
1st January 2013, 03:50 PM
I'm sure we are Miles, that is a DEADLINE after all! :D

Hellfire_WZ
1st January 2013, 05:13 PM
Jan: Yep, all forward. I'll specify when reverse tracks are being used.

Miles: As Brendan said, it's a deadline, you can submit your times anytime up until then. Remember though that only your first time submitted per track will be accepted

stin
1st January 2013, 05:52 PM
It`s a pity I just cannie play today or tonight due I`m just fecking pissed as hell...lolol

Anyway, I will play tomorrow as in secret (lmao) but I will do it! ;)

stevie:g

UB3R~JKP
1st January 2013, 07:09 PM
Know the feeling Stin! haha, I'm hungover and tried playing, was nearly sick on Phantom! hahaha.

I will still never get over the irony that UBERmall is my least successful circuit. :lol

Aeralys
1st January 2013, 07:09 PM
I'm afraid I have to drop out of the tournament. I'm no longer living somewhere where I have access to the game, so I won't be online for a least a good month. I knew where I was moving to may have made some complications but I wasn't sure If it was going to be a problem for playing in the tournament, so yeah. Sorry! Not a great start to the year for me...

Hellfire_WZ
1st January 2013, 07:15 PM
Ah sh*t, sorry to hear that dude... :(

morfeo378 will be taking Aeralys' place in Group 2

AGSys
1st January 2013, 11:41 PM
Oh damn, better get right on task! So pumped up for this.

Light Buster
2nd January 2013, 01:20 AM
Going to be recording my runs via video. Will give manager private link to video if that's cool.

Defjukie16
2nd January 2013, 01:59 AM
Everyone is Group 2!! I'm your event manger and if you wanna send images, use wipeoutzone.com, click "Insert Image" on the bar: 7220 you can only use a outside site like flickr which is the easiest to use and sign up to, or the easiest way is to just upload the image to your PS3 then send the image to my PSN Account: Defjukie16. If you would like to send a private video, I'm on Youtube and here's my account link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Defjukie16?feature=mhee

If you're on Vimeo, we can make it work. Anymore questions just email my account via PSN account or wipeoutzone.com

scarfrogers
2nd January 2013, 09:57 AM
Annoying being at work! Wish I was doing some TimeTrials right now :( Played a bit too much yesterday though and couldn't fall asleep - Wipeout on the brain!

TheConzio
2nd January 2013, 10:00 AM
That's what happened to me yesterday!

Hellfire_WZ
2nd January 2013, 10:08 AM
Defjukie - you can use the attachment system in PMs as well to send images

Liger Inuzuka
2nd January 2013, 10:16 AM
Before the tournament began the other day, I accidentally ignored the friend request from our group leader. I didn't know who he was, not to mention his screen name confused me. It was an honest mistake. But now I do not know how to amend this problem without him resending it to me. Is there a way to notify Colonel Gaddafi to do so?

Hellfire_WZ
2nd January 2013, 10:26 AM
Send one to him, he'll accept it. Otherwise you can PM him on here. Remember though that your offline results need to come to me, he'll be managing the online events.

ericd7
2nd January 2013, 11:57 AM
Best wishes for 2013!
Happy to start the new year by playing WO with you :)

Liger Inuzuka
2nd January 2013, 06:11 PM
I tried searching on the forums for a Colonel Gaddafi, if he uses the same name that is. I will try resending him that friend request today as I work on the time trials.
And I do know that I will be sending you personally my race results :D

terra-wrists
2nd January 2013, 06:14 PM
The tracks for Round 1 are as follows:

Metropia - Venom
The Amphiseum - Venom
Vineta K - Flash
Tech De Ra - Flash
Chenghou Project - Rapier
Talon’s Junction - Rapier
Ubermall - Phantom
Anulpha Pass - Phantom

Each race will be ranked according to best race time, and in the unlikely event of a tie, the best lap time. Normal ranking points will be awarded for each race, providing a maximum of 64 for this round. The deadline for submission is Friday 4th January 2013

[/CENTER]

Congratulations my friend Scarfrogers in the advance :D

GekkoP
2nd January 2013, 06:41 PM
Sorry guys, problems coming up. I have only tomorrow for the first round, and I think I can make and submit my results to the event manager. But on this weekend I'll be available only on Sunday evening. It doesn't feel right to me to ask everyone in my group to lift Round 2 over to Sunday, I don't want to mess up everyone else's plans.
Let me know, otherwise count me out the tournament. Terrible sorry about it.

Mikahail
2nd January 2013, 06:43 PM
@Liger : Search Colonel instead. And he has a second accout on PSN : Erik_Ponti. Maybe it's this one that sent you the invite.

Hellfire_WZ
2nd January 2013, 07:12 PM
GekkoP - This is why I set a window for Saturday and Sunday. You'll need to contact the rest of your group, it needs to be a time convenient to everyone. If the worst happens, it is possible to play that round a day or two after the window. It's your call though if you think this might be a regular occurrence.

scarfrogers
2nd January 2013, 07:23 PM
lol TERRA-WRISTS! You forget I am a venom and flash pilot. Doing Ubermall on Phantom is not my idea of fun and finding it very hard! Getting the hang of rapier now though ;)

GekkoP
2nd January 2013, 08:16 PM
GekkoP - This is why I set a window for Saturday and Sunday. You'll need to contact the rest of your group, it needs to be a time convenient to everyone. If the worst happens, it is possible to play that round a day or two after the window. It's your call though if you think this might be a regular occurrence.

I'll see with the rest of the guys. It's only on this weekend though, so it'll be ok for the rest of the tournament.

Laser0pz
2nd January 2013, 08:18 PM
Holy crap I forgot about this.

*quits BF3 and starts up WipEout*
:P

Hellfire_WZ
2nd January 2013, 08:31 PM
Ah sh*t! Ran into a somewhat unanticipated administrative problem - you can't send attachments in PMs. Right, I think the easiest way to get your screenshots to event managers will be to use a site like Photobucket and send them the links. Alternatively if they are happy for you to email their results to you then you can do it that way as well.

onlykpop
2nd January 2013, 09:10 PM
Charlie I ran into that problem yesterday. But what you can do is send all the images to your email, dont download but click "view image" from your inbox (specific email) and you can copy and paste the links into a PM to your Manager. I submitted mine yesterday and Defjukie said they cam through perfectly!

UB3R~JKP
2nd January 2013, 09:10 PM
I've had a torrid time this round. :( Just have to hope I can somehow not finish bottom for each...really not been able to nail it at all!

scarfrogers
2nd January 2013, 09:17 PM
Will we find out the results of the TT before the next event? Hope so! Only because I am not a zome/elim/det pilot! :)

Hellfire_WZ
2nd January 2013, 10:04 PM
Yeah, I'll give updates at the end of each round.

I'll suggest using Photobucket as the standard means of submitting results, but if event managers are happy to use a different method then that'll be up to them and their group. If you're sending results to me, please email them. I'll PM my address to everyone.

MightyJordan
2nd January 2013, 10:49 PM
I'll keep an eye out for that PM then, Hellfire. :)

Hellfire_WZ
2nd January 2013, 11:26 PM
I sent a PSN message to everyone instead, that way I know everyone will see it

By the way, has anyone heard from LJ at all? According to PSN he hasn't been online for a couple of days...

TheConzio
3rd January 2013, 12:56 AM
So far, i haven't received anything from group 1 (I'm their event manager) and tomorrow is the deadline...

Defjukie16
3rd January 2013, 02:41 AM
No TheConzio, friday at midnight is the deadline and cam-let is finished with his, he was confused and sent the results to me but I cleared everything up.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anybody know Pharron66's username on wipeoutzone?

TheConzio
3rd January 2013, 03:28 AM
Are you able to tell him to send the results to me?

Medusa
3rd January 2013, 03:45 AM
I'm confused, am I sending my photos to Defjukie or conzio? Or only the offline photos to theconzio?
ok nevermind, I'm sorted now...

onlykpop
3rd January 2013, 03:56 AM
Medusa, if you are in group 1 all of your photos (all 8 Time Trials) must go to theconzio!

AGSys
3rd January 2013, 04:58 AM
Hey got a question, I'm an offline competitor and I have very crappy cameras and the TV is just way too blurry. I can barely read the text on the screen in the game. And the pictures I've taken so far look very blurry (even though you can make out a little of what the times are). The overall time trial time as well is just unreadable (since it's, again, very blurry with the addition of the very light grey background behind the white text) so the only way to read my times are to add the lap times up. Is this okay?