PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout XL Win 7/Vista Multiplayer tutorial

NegitiveNRG
31st October 2012, 01:21 AM
Tutorial being updated...

Temet
20th November 2012, 11:05 AM
Oh, can't believe nobody already thanked you for that!
I definitely will have to try this one day!
Thanks man.

NegitiveNRG
21st November 2012, 02:36 AM
your welcome! i hope its clear enough to get some competetors online ;)
try it out and if you have any questions post them here so I can improve my tutorial.
i did forget to point out, you dont need daemon tools or disc image if you own wipeout xl cd.
And that the ipx wrapper is only needed with win7/vista. ( still uses tcp/ip, but the game wants something in directplay/Ipx. LOL )
I have been playing Vs localy with two laptops head to head with my girl friend seems to work with very little lag, the odd client crash, and all players are named "player" LOL
im accepting matches so pm me.

camlet
25th November 2012, 03:17 AM
thank you

Kaiten
3rd December 2012, 09:21 PM
Hi,

First thanks very much for this tutorial, i searched since long time a solution to play with WO2097 on win 7 and LAN.

I tried to download the network patch "woxlnetb.zip" but link isn't still valid, file is lost on Gamefront, can you send another link who works ?

Thanks again, and i'll try it when i'll have all the stuff

NegitiveNRG
4th December 2012, 01:00 AM
eeek! cant have that!
I uploaded mine and updated my post, TY Kaiten.
http://www.negitivenrg.byethost10.com/

Kaiten
5th December 2012, 07:54 PM
Ok, great, i'll test it tonight

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, link is ok now, i've got it.

But... Installation doesn't run on win 7 64, have got message error :

In english, he wants a x86 system ... :brickwall sad...

Did you try installation on Win 7 x64 system ?

NegitiveNRG
6th December 2012, 04:18 PM
hmmm... i have no 64 bit edition of windows to test upon.
But some 64bit users HAVE got woxl to play..
Oo (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?8093-Wipeout-2097-working-for-Windows-7-64-bit)
looks like the installer hates 64 bit? lol
sometimes games wont install based on region too!

here is my suggestion
Click here (http://www.freefilehosting.net/1234567) (Temp Link file is named 1234567.rar ), then click "Download This File" this RAR file it contains my wipeout program files
includes: speed patch, network patch and a folder called "keys" with the registry files from my machine.
instructions: extract "Wipout XL" folder from archive to "C:\Program Files\" (not"Program Files x86[or x64]")
extract "keys" folder from archive (anywhere easy to find). Doubble click and awnser yes for 1.reg, 2.reg, 3.reg and 4.reg

notes:
-This install still requires the cd or cd image to be in your drive D.
-wipeout2.exe, NET-WOXL.EXE, limit.exe, WOLOBBY.exe should be marked for use as administrator
-I hope this helps you out ;D

I have also found that the speed patch doesnt help much on the framerate once you hit raiper class (its still too fast) also i find the speed patch crashes alot. However if you like to play in 1024x768 its the only .exe ive found that does. The most stable method to play is to record your game session with fraps (http://www.fraps.com/) (Locks frame rate at perfect 30fps) with the original "wipeout2.exe" then delete the video after. the network patch (WOLOBBY.exe) holds 30fps even without the help of fraps.

Kaiten
6th December 2012, 07:48 PM
Nice, i'll try it as soon as i can. Got no time for this moment. i'll give back next week

miljoneir
14th December 2012, 06:19 PM
For people out there with nvidia card I advice them to use the driver's build-in frame limiter (as described here: http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?showtopic=47061) because the speed patch will create glitches.

NegitiveNRG
14th December 2012, 07:32 PM
Thanks miljoneir that's good advice. Fraps seems like best solution for ati users. Miljoneir you up fer a match? Did you use my tut?

miljoneir
22nd December 2012, 04:23 PM
No I'm sorry. The game just crashes after the splash screen... I am running windows 7 (and I remember this behavior from windows 2000). No idea why...

Kaiten
8th January 2013, 07:03 PM
Hi, just little news, I tryed with vmware in a Win XP installation , but nothing works for the moment.
I'll give news later....

NegitiveNRG
14th January 2013, 04:27 PM
Hi, just little news, I tryed with vmware in a Win XP installation , but nothing works for the moment.
I'll give news later....

Hi Kaiten :) sorry your still having no luck! I think your barking up the wrong tree with the VM thing. Some vm's support 3d hardware, but only directx 8/9, some support 7 but we would need it to support directx 3 for wipeout. I tried alot of vm's myself trying to make starwars episode 1 racer (pod racer) to play. and havent found any combination of vm / os that will run directx 6 and below using 3d hardware.
my suggestion is to keep trying with your win7.
can you post or message me your system specs?
the pre installed files I posted for you in 1234567.rar did not work for you? explain*
things you could check....
wipeout2.exe should be run without any compatability mode on, but as an administrator.
the wipeout cd or image is mounted in drive D:\ <--sooo important
if yer serious about getting it to work i can take a peak at it with "team viewer (http://www.teamviewer.com/)" if your interested.

Xenphor
15th October 2013, 09:53 AM
Hi I tried to send a pm but I don't think it went through.

I'm on win 7 64bit so had to use your wo.zip file. I extracted the Wipeout XL folder to c:\program files\ and have the cd on the d: drive. I didn't see the specific keys you mentioned in an earlier post but I did install the directplay .reg files (probably not correct?). I also modified the .exe's to run as admin.

Unfortunately, when I run wipeout2.exe, it says the program isn't installed correctly. What did I do wrong?

edit: I think I need those other .reg keys.

DDD113
15th October 2013, 09:04 PM
This would be a great find if your tutorial did not include pirating the game. Would it work with the legitimate PC game disc or is that why the download link is included? Just wondering, as the moderators don't seem to like condoning piracy of software. I believe there was a quote that went something like: "Any true fan of WipEout would not pirate the game software out of respect, and he who does is no fan at all." I guarantee that is not exact, but it has the same effect.

Edit: Here is the line from the official WZ posting rules:

Please do not discuss pirate software/media on this board - there are places for that kind of thing and this isn't one of them.

If I were you I would delete the game link, and then I believe you would be okay.

NegitiveNRG
10th February 2014, 12:23 AM
He he he your a boob!
no the link stays until its removed by force, compatibility has a reason to do with my choice of link.
but im not getting into it. read thread it seys "wipeout xl multiplayer tutorial" not lets discuss piracy. anyway if it offends you take it to the moderators please leave my thread to myself and people trying to get there game to play.

DDD113
10th February 2014, 09:04 PM
You mean people trying to pirate a game that's not theirs to play. Oh. Yeah. Wonderful. Just thought this forum had a little more class...

Hellfire_WZ
10th February 2014, 09:47 PM
I cannot believe this went under my radar for so long.

I appreciate what you're doing here in terms of getting 2097 multiplayer to work on Windows 7, and that the game requires a lot of tweaking, but this does not permit you to just post up a link to download the game itself. That is piracy. Sony still owns the rights to it, it is not abandonware. For those who legally own the game, they can make their own disk image and follow the same instructions. I fail to see how compatibility factors in to your reasoning.

And if I were you NegitiveNRG, I would read the guidelines on conduct towards other members. DDD113 has a perfectly valid point and came across in a dignified manner, in stark contrast to your utterly childish response.

The link has been removed.

NegitiveNRG
10th February 2014, 10:38 PM
im frusterated that this whole topics gone to garbage thanks guys!
ps pm much?

DDD113
11th February 2014, 02:19 AM
The whole topic hasn't gone to garbage, at least not yet. Like Hellfire said, if you modify your instructions to include the copying of a physical disc image, you'll be fine, and this topic may continue to help those who may want to try it. Just that little modification, and you'll be good to go. :)