PDA

View Full Version : WipEout 2097/XL music re-mastered... VOLUME 2!

CoLD SToRAGE
26th October 2012, 02:22 PM
Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that I'm currently working on VOLUME 2 of "SLIPSTREAM".

Confusingly, this isn't the WipEout influenced racer that's being worked on just now, it's the name I've given the series of Albums that feature all the re-mastered CoLD SToRAGE music from WipEout / WipEout 2097 / WipEout Pure / WipEout HD. ( I know, next time I'll Google before I fix a name! ).

Basically, I've taken the old music files, shaken my head at how little I really knew about production back then, and then I'm re-mastering / re-mixing the tracks to sound the best they ever can be. I won't bore you with the technical aspects (unless anyone wants me to?) but they do sound a whole leap and a bound better than they ever did in-game. ;)

So, I should be done at some point Mid-November with VOLUME 2 and I'll post here again when it's done.

All the best!
CoLD SToRAGE.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah... almost forgot! Volume One is here - http://coldstorage.bandcamp.com/album/slipstream-volume-one

G'Kyl
29th October 2012, 06:53 AM
Mean move: Since my favorite track from WO1 doesn't seem to be on Volume 1, you make me buy the first album anyway and be even more excited about the second one!!

Which still is a good thing though. :) My first WipEout was 2097 on PC, and I still consider the soundtrack from WO1 to be one of the best of the entire series. Anyway: Thanks for letting us know! :)