PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout HD Fury multi-speed class tournament (yet to be named)

Hellfire_WZ
8th October 2012, 08:49 PM
Right, I'm planning to organise a Wipeout HD tournament for Saturday 20th October in the evening (GMT). I'm aiming to spread it out over all speed classes to allow as much accessibility as possible and hopefully several groups running simultaneously. This is mainly to try and draw in players from outside WZ to participate and hopefully draw more people into this community, but how many of you here would be available and interested?

I'll sort details if the demand is high enough :) If you're up for it, try and drag in as many players as you know.

Colonel
8th October 2012, 09:55 PM
Absolutely, just let me know when and where and I'm all over it :g

dreadofmondays
8th October 2012, 11:18 PM
If I did my calculations right, then the tournament will be happening at past midnight and most of the small hours for us in Australia. 7 PM Sat for GMT is about 5:30 AM Sun for us.. :/

Ragsus Maxima
9th October 2012, 01:29 PM
Great news! I'm up for this. Since it's at Saturday, I shouldn't have any problems.

vlhad13
9th October 2012, 03:05 PM
I would love to participate :)

a pleasure to race with you guys :)

UB3R~JKP
9th October 2012, 07:36 PM
Meeeeeeeeee! :D

Hellfire_WZ
9th October 2012, 09:41 PM
I've been having a think about the basic premise of the tournament. I'm thinking 12-races all forwards, three of each speed class randomly determined in advance. Depending on numbers, split everyone into several groups with the top few in each going into a final group with a 12-race reverse tournament

UB3R~JKP
9th October 2012, 10:55 PM
Sounds bang-on to me, and very exciting. Even if I reached the final group I would be chuffed!

Colonel
9th October 2012, 11:04 PM
I really hope this comes off Charlie, though God knows I'm racing horribly at the moment :(.

AGSys
10th October 2012, 11:19 AM
Dang! I really wish I had WipEout HD, I seriously need to buy it but I can't find it ANYwhere. Anyway, if I do get it anytime soon, I shall definitely participate.

Mikahail
10th October 2012, 02:06 PM
Sorry, can't join this time. Conv this weekend.^^

Hellfire_WZ
10th October 2012, 06:03 PM
As we seem to be getting a lot of interest, I'm going to increase the race count to 24. So three races forwards and three races backwards on all speed classes, and the top however many from each group will race in a final tournament on a different day. I'm pencilling in 8pm BST on Saturday 20th October. This okay with everyone? If it's all good I'll organise the races and start putting the groups together :)

Also, by sheer coincidence this is the same day as this charity event - http://www.extra-life.org/

Oryx Crake
10th October 2012, 08:00 PM
I'll throw my lot in here :) perhaps I will even do ok this time around ^_^

Colonel
10th October 2012, 08:26 PM
Also, by sheer coincidence this is the same day as this charity event - http://www.extra-life.org/

That sounds ace. I wouldn't be able to do a 24 hour session next weekend but it does say you can choose an alternative date that suits you. So I might do it the weekend after, and stick Ozone in the middle of it.

Oh and I'm really glad you're going to include reverse tracks too Charlie, some of the best ones are reverses.

Hellfire_WZ
10th October 2012, 09:09 PM
What's even better is they've been in touch offering to advertise this tournament on their site. While 24 hours is a bit too much for me, it would be great to have people involved in the tournament who are taking part in the event.

Colonel
10th October 2012, 09:53 PM
That's really cool. Whilst I'd love to do the 24hrs, I've got friends over that weekend. I can put a few hours aside for the tournament, but to play for a full day and night might come across a bit antisocial :lol

LJtheZombie
11th October 2012, 06:50 PM
Count me in.

Hellfire_WZ
11th October 2012, 09:01 PM
We're ready to go! :)

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?9006-Wipeout-HD-Fury-REBIRTH-Tournament-Saturday-20th-October-8pm-BST