PDA

View Full Version : Xpander + Lycos' Sonique = Slow Trance

rjsec4ever
21st May 2003, 06:45 PM
Hey, I would like to know from you all how Xpander sounds at 85% tempo. I'm hearing it right now and I like it. :) A great program to use for changing tempo, is Lycos' Sonique (if you have any Windows OS, ex. XP, or WMP9 for XP. {0.85 for WMP9})

I'm sorry, it just sounds good this way too. I know how techno/trance is supposed to sound like. Fast! lol.

Warning: Some of the sound could become disorted when the tempo is at 85%.

You can take the Extended or Edit version, it really doesn't matter which one. It's still the same.

*likes the Extended better* ;)

Thruster2097
23rd June 2003, 07:11 PM
yeah, errr.. strangley enough that doesnt sound too bad!? :o
Sounds like a chillout classic to me!
I ..just dont really know what it is about that tune... of even if it goes with wipeout or not, but its just so right! As a piece of modern music, it is unrivalled.
I'm really digging the DJ Orkieda mix of it at the moment, and I am looking for more remixes. Anybody got any names?

Snyper
9th August 2003, 08:54 PM
The Xpander on the Soundtrack is actually played at a higher BPM than the original track is played at. If you get Sasha's Xpander EP or his Ibiza set, both tracks are played at about 120 BMP while the one on Wipeout 3 is played at around 130 or 135.

Snyper
9th August 2003, 08:55 PM
The original 11 min track is pretty chill already. I couldnt imagine it being considered ambient or chillout though. More deep trance or regular trance maybe.

Thruster2097
10th August 2003, 02:12 AM
If you take the regular Xpander track (about 130bpm) and play it around 85% of its original tempo (about 99bpm) and youll see what I mean ;)