PDA

View Full Version : 2012-09-21: IMPORTANT - Update on Wipeout community support

Hellfire_WZ
21st September 2012, 01:46 PM
Following on from the Facebook message last week on the 2048 page, I would like to clear up a few things regarding what is going on regarding game and community support.

Ami has retained her job as Community Manager for Wipeout and will be organising a number of events in the future, as well as giveaways and prizes. The fact that we are still able to have someone like Ami supporting the community is a real privilege considering the closure of the studio, and I would expect to see everyone here showing her just as much support and respect as she has shown us.

However, there is one thing I would like to make absolutely crystal clear. Sony are supporting Wipeout in a community-based capacity only. There is no longer any kind of dev team supporting the games themselves, what we see now are the finished products. So that means there will be no racebox or customizable controls for 2048, and no further patches for any of the games. At all. End of story. Bearing in mind what I have said above regarding respect for Ami, I will be incredibly pissed off if I see ANYONE from here going on any further about this, especially via the official channels. She is all that is left of Studio Liverpool, she cannot implement any of these features and there is no one who will. We are incredibly lucky to still have her in her role, when the studio closed we could very well have been left with nothing. If the community cannot come together over this, we will lose everything.

There will be some good stuff coming up in the near future, I promise. But please understand that Studio Liverpool as an entity is no more. The community is all that's left, and with Ami's help I intend to see us prosper.

AG-SYSTEMS
22nd September 2012, 01:07 AM
At least the severs are not going to be shut down for quite a while, and that's a good thing. :)

GalacticSpartan
25th September 2012, 12:45 PM
Its a privlage to have someone from Studio Liverpool still be here to do something like that. Since I'm certainly gonna get 2048 for Christmas, I'll be saying thank you very much for being with us, even if you've been through so much the past few weeks.

Oryx Crake
26th September 2012, 12:11 AM
Hear hear

scarfrogers
26th September 2012, 07:32 PM
I Concur! If the servers stay live I am a happy bunny. End of.

Defjukie16
30th September 2012, 12:08 AM
We can't be slowed down and we can't be brought down!!!!!

Hellfire_WZ
8th November 2012, 06:32 PM
I have just had to issue a week's ban to a long-term member for not heeding my warning. When I said I would be incredibly pissed off, I was serious.

trk_rkd
21st November 2012, 04:05 PM
I Concur! If the servers stay live I am a happy bunny. End of.

man, thing is that's gonna happen one day. that really will be sad, things really will be over then :( i hadn't really thought about it until now...

EDIT: closing the servers, I mean.