PDA

View Full Version : 2003-05-20: xEik appointed forum Admin / Moderator

infoxicated
20th May 2003, 10:50 PM
Long standing W3PA / WipeoutZone member xEik has been part of the community through thick and thin over the last few years. So it's with great pleasure I'm announcing that he is joining the team of moderators here at WipeoutZone.

Along with Lance, Task, Wamdue and myself, xEik gives us someone in yet another timezone to police the site and ensure the best possible service for our members.

xEik's role will also involve the upkeep of the phpBB forums - as someone who is quite involved with the open source project he's just the man to have on the team. :)

Congrats xEik :D

Lance
20th May 2003, 11:23 PM
yes, xEik, congrats. moderation is easy these days [yay], but tracking down errors may prove difficult, which is good when you like that sort of thing :)

sigh... you missed out on the glory days of moderating, back there in the summer of 02, it was. why, way back then, we could almost guarantee that a heavy finger on the delete button would be needed at least a half-dozen times a day. who knows if such a fertile happy time will ever come again?

xEik
21st May 2003, 08:55 AM
I'm honoured to take this role. I hope I'll be able to help make this community a better place for all the fellow wipers.

Lance although I hate when someone tells this sentence to me, this time it'll be me who says it: Be careful with what you wish, it could come true. ;)

I can picture it in my mind
Spammer A: Oh no it's Lance and xEik!
Spammer B: Who?
Spammer A: Both are moderators here. A single one of their linguistics digressions can make you regret you ever registered. Stay away from them! :lol:

I'll use this occasion to officially drop the systematic usage of my mantra at the end of my posts and reserve it for when the thread or the post require it. :D

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

Lance
21st May 2003, 05:10 PM
spammer C: what the hell does 'double-entendre' mean? and what's up with all those dots?
and the capital letters in the middle of words?
bizarro

p.s.
they should probably make us moderators on the Opera forums

Task
22nd May 2003, 03:39 AM
Excellent!
Anything that takes some workload off of Foxy definitely goes into the "double plus good" category.
Glad to have your skilled help here, xEik.