PDA

View Full Version : Why did they make the contols so frustrating

rego
13th September 2012, 09:01 PM
Its like they gave no thought to stick senstivity or button placement. It ruins the game completely and makes every race feel like a struggle.

SZEIKAN
14th September 2012, 12:22 AM
The default control scheme is lousy but you can change it to a traditional one in options menu.

Also, I personally use the d-pad instead of the analog stick. I was terrible at WipEout Pulse until I made the change and then the game became trivial =)

JABBERJAW
14th September 2012, 12:27 AM
You are very late to the party on this one. There were many upset people with this

1) They took out custom controls and gave you what you are using now because it has less choices for configurations.
2) The more frustrating the game was because of the controls made people like it more.
3) the less options the better. Why should we be able to decide what we want for controls

rdmx
14th September 2012, 06:53 AM
No Jabberjaw, I don't think that's what they were thinking at all.

JABBERJAW
14th September 2012, 11:08 AM
That was a joke, but its a pefectly good explanation since i dont believe they were thinking when they took out options like this that were already in HD which the game was built from ( and the code). Vita was supposed to be about a million types of ways to control your games, and they basically limited wo2048 to have less REAL options than even wo1. This was already in a bunch of other threads though, and it doesnt mater at this point. The only real hope is an app for the vita that allows button swapping on the vita itself.

amplificated
14th September 2012, 08:39 PM
They made them frustrating so that people would think they would have to master them. It's the Modern Thing with games these days - make people think they like a game for whatever reason when all the company really wants is for you to invest time in their product so they can drip feed you bit-content at a price. WipEout 2048's devs and producers clearly got their wires crossed on what it was people were supposed to like about the game and how they were supposed to get money out of it, as obviously it's very flawed from a gamer's perspective, and there never became a market for more content. 2048 was a colossal failure from Sony's point of view that lead directly to Studio Liverpool being closed, probably because the dev team didn't want to make the game entirely trashy. The controls are just the tip of the iceberg in terms of what makes 2048 a terrible game.

I'll stop there before it becomes a rant...

Hellfire_WZ
15th September 2012, 08:15 AM
The controls have been discussed so many times elsewhere, we don't need another thread on it.