PDA

View Full Version : Speed Patch for WipEout 2097/XL

Razgriz375
8th September 2012, 07:12 PM
Hi guys/girls. I've recently got my copy of 2097 for PC and have it installed and working. All is fine apart from the speed. I've had a look and googled for them, each time coming to the archived topics of around 3 years ago with of course, dead links. Does anyone have a copy of the patch that I can get or know of the file name so I can google that? Would be really helpful.

Thanks,

Raz.

rdmx
9th September 2012, 08:41 AM
Nowadays I believe you can use Dxtory to limit your framerate to 30 (or 60, not sure)

I've also attached the original speed patch here. You need to place the game in C:\Wobble for it to work.

Another method of course, is to simply find the PS1 version of the game and use an emulator.

JABBERJAW
9th September 2012, 09:55 PM
Raz, could you test an analog controller for me. Basically, dont press gas, turn as slowly as possible left and right, and perhaps record this? I want to see he levels of turn it has from nothing to full. I have the mac version, it runs perfect, but unfortunately, the initial smallest turn is turning too fast, far more than the psx, and it causes the turns to be not as smooth, especially for the piranha. The game is faster than XL, but not quite as fun because of this. I was hoping the pc runs right. If it does i might try to set up multiplayer, as it would run much smoother than the ps version

yeldar2097
13th September 2012, 08:48 AM
Would it work with a DS3/DS2 + adaptor? I've always wanted to play 2097 with an anolog controller. If so I'll buy a copy right away ^^

JABBERJAW
14th September 2012, 12:49 AM
I am going to try this again on the pc, see if the turning is right, and the speed is correct. Maybe we can get some mp going if we get it set up correctly.

JABBERJAW
17th September 2012, 01:44 AM
Ok, double post, but 4 days later. I just confirmed the MAC version is way too touchy with the controls, redering it not very fun at all. It accelerates very fast at random times smashing the ship into the wall, and it is extremely difficult to get a perfect lap ( not in a good way). Hopefully the PC version does not do this. Ill confirm as soon as i get my pc up and running and have the patches. Fingers crossed