PDA

View Full Version : Zone Mode altered handling?

Solid
25th August 2012, 03:56 PM
Colonel_Gaddafi brought to my attention the theory that after patch 2.5 the handling in zone mode changed (sharper airbrakes etc). Im pretty intrigued by this and am interested to hear peoples thoughts about this. I personally noticed no difference and my scores have stayed constant. I know I can ask this in zone thread but I don't want it to slip through the cracks and go unnoticed, so lets settle the debate here :)

Avenger2197
31st August 2012, 05:44 AM
I have played HD from the first day and I would agree with Colonel on the change in Zone handling. It's not much, but when Fury first came out there was a different handling on all ships, including Zone. It wasn't something someone new to the game would recognize, and hell it may be all in our collective heads that it was different. But if you play HD with no Fury and on versions 1.00 or 2.1, and then were to try Fury without 2.5 you would notice a difference. And I didn't like it. I stopped playing for quite a while after Fury came out because I just did not like the handling change. When 2.5 came out the handling on Zone and HD seemed to get as close to 2.1 levels as possible.

Although, and correct me if I'm wrong but, 1.20 was the greatest update HD ever had. It refined so much but left alot untouched. Ahh, the good old days. :D

Solid
31st August 2012, 12:09 PM
So do you think its harder or easier now than before?

Colonel
31st August 2012, 12:36 PM
I think tracks with sharp turns such as Sebenco are easier than before. I beat a few PBs pretty easily after 2.50 came out. Mind you, I've not really done any Zone since 2.51 superseded it, so I can't say if it's still the case.

Solid
31st August 2012, 12:50 PM
If you delete all the patches and play offline will the handling revert back to how it was? I could test it like that (thats if it changed, I'm not convinced lol)

Colonel
31st August 2012, 02:22 PM
I'm not sure. Anyway, it wasn't just Zone that had the handling altered, it's well known that a side effect of fixing the airbrake bug was a change to handling, specifically less speed through corners. The common consensus is that this affected Zone as well, therefore making it easier to take sharp bends at higher speeds.

There have been a few discussions about this. Check out this thread here:
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?8833-Slow

Also, Yeldar tested it very thoroughly, here's his description: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?8867-Is-wipEout-HD-more-responsive-on-ps-vita-than-ps3&p=217307#post217307

JFthebestJan
31st August 2012, 07:51 PM
the lowest still available version of wipEout HD (1.25) is much harder in comparison to version 2.51!

in version 2.51 the zone ship can take many more hits before its energy is getting low.
that's why 'ProblemSolver' IS still the best player of zone mode. he made a 133score on anulpha with version 1.25 or lower.
to beat that score with version 2.51 the player has to get to 150+

docfo4r
31st August 2012, 08:52 PM
Fully agree here!

Solid
1st September 2012, 05:23 AM
Maybe i started playing after the changes- june 2011

Colonel
4th September 2012, 08:27 AM
that's why 'ProblemSolver' IS still the best player of zone mode.

It's a shame he doesn't play anymore, can you imagine the scores he'd be getting nowadays?

Solid
4th September 2012, 02:46 PM
Would zone 150 be possible? on Jans video 150 was ridiculous on a narrow track like Anulpha