PDA

View Full Version : Studio Liverpool Veteran Colin Fawcett has passed away

Ami Nakajima
21st August 2012, 01:04 PM
Hi everyone
As some of you may have read on WipEout 2048's Facebook and Twitter pages, a great friend and colleague of our's has been lost to Cancer.
Colin contributed massively to Pulse, Pure and HD, was an absolute pleasure to work with who made friends for life here at the studio.

Aside from his work on WipEout; Colin was also massive Comic fan. Those curious can view his artwork here:

http://fawcettcomix.blogspot.co.uk/

Our thoughts go out to his family and friends at this incredibly difficult time. He will be sorely missed.
RIP Col x

Medusa
21st August 2012, 03:28 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss. Take care.

Mikahail
21st August 2012, 03:50 PM
Already replied on FB but I will reply again.
A great loss for the team. Heaven is his new field of racing, now. He'll still race with us.

stin
21st August 2012, 03:55 PM
Sorry to hear his loss. Our thoughts to his family.

stevie:(

Mad-Ice
21st August 2012, 04:16 PM
Sorry to hear about this! My condolences are with the family and friends.

Colonel
21st August 2012, 04:37 PM
Anybody who worked on those titles has enriched the lives of most of the people here, and for that we should all be very grateful. My sincere condolences, it must be terrible to lose such a close friend. RIP Colin.

Airrider
21st August 2012, 05:21 PM
Anybody who worked on those titles has enriched the lives of most of the people here, and for that we should all be very grateful. My sincere condolences, it must be terrible to lose such a close friend. RIP Colin.
I don't think I could have put it much better than that. The work of everyone in SL is what's brought us all here in the first place.

RIP, Colin. I dunno what it's like up there, but I hope you can see Sols 1 and 2 from there.

Staz-
21st August 2012, 06:06 PM
Sincere condolences, like said Colonel__Gaddafi, he has contribute to WipEout, and for lot of poeple here, it's like contribute to a common dream. A superhero has leave this world, for, I hope, join a better one.
Paradise is his new racetrack.

Asayyeah
21st August 2012, 06:19 PM
release in peace Colin, my thoughts go to his family and friends.

Oryx Crake
21st August 2012, 07:07 PM
Thank you for many, many.... many hours of fun and eye candy. my most sincere condolences to family, friends and the community that has lost one of the greats

AG-SYSTEMS
21st August 2012, 08:32 PM
This is very bad. I hope he is happy wherever he goes.

He's done quite well from what I can see.

leungbok
21st August 2012, 08:40 PM
Sincere condolence, and he was pretty skilled from what i've seen, big loss !!

mdhay
22nd August 2012, 12:26 PM
My thought go out to his friends and family. It's like losing one of your own. :(

tommyjolly
22nd August 2012, 01:51 PM
Reading this is a sad day for everything Wipeout related.

anderkovver
22nd August 2012, 02:33 PM
Thx buddy its so hard to forget somebody that give you so much to remember... My heart is with your family and friends R.I.P

Amaroq Dricaldari
22nd August 2012, 03:57 PM
Well, he has probably already reached Mach 5 on Sol 2 by now. I didn't even know him, and just hearing about it (plus the closure of Studio Liverpool)... I haven't been this sad since my dog ran away a month ago, or since my uncle passed away of cancer long before that.

Maybe you guys can release just one last update to the WipEout games to commemorate him, that way in 2048 when AG racing becomes a reality, one of the pilots at FEISAR might stumble upon a copy of WipEout 2048. The ultimate paradox.

eLhabib
22nd August 2012, 04:26 PM
Rest in peace, Colin, and have fun on Sol2.

stinkleroy
22nd August 2012, 04:48 PM
Sad news indeed. Rest in peace Colin and my condolences to family and friends

Dark_Phantom_89
22nd August 2012, 05:59 PM
This is terrible news. :(

My sincerest condolences to all of Colin's family and friends. Fly high sir, fly high.

Amaroq Dricaldari
22nd August 2012, 07:02 PM
This song was written by a friend of mine. He always was a fan of WipEout. I'll tell him that I used his song for great justice:

When I'm feelin' far away
And I've got no place to stay
Where will I go? You do not know my name.
If I let you hold my place
You'll deny me to my face
What can I do to wash my ways

You became a guiding light
But the fire did not burn brightly now
Along the way, your death was quick to fall
It was then I realized
I had to open up my eyes
to see the world I'd seen so long

So when you're feelin' far away
And you've got no place to stay
Don't come to me - I do not know your name.
And if you let me hold your place
I will deny you to your face
This is what we will accept as fate!

---

Adapted from 'Bones', by Cory Hale.

JABBERJAW
22nd August 2012, 09:32 PM
My condolences as well, this is very sad news

Thruster2097
22nd August 2012, 10:32 PM
Sending my heartfelt condolences, if it is possible to take any solace at this time, please be aware that his work has made us all smile.

Rossriders
23rd August 2012, 11:39 AM
...I can only offer my condolences...and I don't know what else to say.

Aeroracer
24th August 2012, 02:13 AM
So sorry to hear this sad news...... my condolences to his loved one's

terakihi
24th August 2012, 10:19 AM
My deepest condolences to his family and friends

MENGKESHI
24th August 2012, 11:43 AM
Very sorry to hear this news - condolences.

UnleashSonic
8th September 2012, 01:20 AM
Truthfully a very sad time for the WipEout community, with the loss of a spectacular man who's work we have enjoyed countless hours of, and then the closure of SL.. Almost too much to bear.