PDA

View Full Version : The cockpit views in Wip3out/WipEout 3

Rossriders
19th August 2012, 05:38 PM
Since I don't yet have any of the wipeout games, the most I've been able to do wipeout related apart from fan-art is looking at the videos of the games so far. One thing I've noticed in Wipeout 3 that I'm not sure if present in the other games are cockpit views.

I'm wondering if anyone could make some screenshots of the cockpit views for all the craft if possible, partly because I'm curious until I can get a copy of WipEout 3, and also since I've been trying to work on drawing the inside views of varying vehicles...it would be much apprecieated.

...I've got a feeling I'm going to end up asking for quite a few references since looking around on the net can only take me so far, much as I hate asking for help, but I guess some situations demand it. Thanks in any event, until then.

Hellfire_WZ
19th August 2012, 11:44 PM
Here you go :)

6588 6589 6590 6591

6592 6593 6594 6595

Rossriders
20th August 2012, 12:08 AM
Thank you :D this is much apprecieated.

AG-SYSTEMS
20th August 2012, 01:09 AM
Well, Hellfire, you have ruined how I think cockpits should look! I was think a SD70MAC-Boeing 747-100-Small modern fighter jet thing.

rdmx
20th August 2012, 05:45 AM
Don't forget this is just PS1 :P The cockpit view is simply overlaid over the normal nose cam.

Rossriders
22nd August 2012, 01:03 AM
Still... a pretty nice touch...did they ever try cockpit views in any of the other wipeout games?

keg_11
22nd August 2012, 07:22 AM
Not as far as I know. I've played all the PS1 games + HD (& screenshots of other games) and I haven't seen this particular view in any of them.

Also, take note of the team logo on the console. I find that a nice touch.

Rossriders
25th August 2012, 10:17 PM
Yeah, it's one more mark of distinction between the cockpits, and well...it goes without saying, wish it was done more...and not just with a simple nose view with something overlaid, but the view actually in relation where the actual cockpit would be.

I suppose just to give one more idea of what it's like to even try and fly such machines, even if in some cases...some people could be more at risk of say, losing their lunch via too many barrel rolls...

Even just viewing someone using the AG systems prototype in 2048 the first time nearly made me sick...and that does not happen to me easily.

...need to get cracking on those drawings when i can.

Medusa
29th August 2012, 01:18 AM
Yeah the 2048 ships make me sick too. ;)
But seriously, I always race internal view and the cockpit displays make it far easier for my brain to decide where the ship is in relation to the track than in games where there is simply "internal view" with no HUD curvature or the like to "mark" the centre and edges of what I imagine to be the nose/edges of the ship. Without something like that to centre your vision on it gets rather difficult to switch from ship to ship, as opposed to external view where you see how the ship is handling from an outside perspective.

Short version: I wish cockpit view came back, even in pasted-over-nosecam version.