PDA

View Full Version : Slipstream GX Roleplay

Amaroq Dricaldari
17th August 2012, 07:00 AM
Greetings. If you aren't already familiar with me, please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Amaroq Dricaldari, and I will be starting a new RP for Slipstream GX, the WipEout Fan-Game that me and my friends are working on. The game takes place in the FX-150 Anti-Gravity Racing League, sometime after the fall of the F9000.

Why am I starting an RP thread? This serves a Multi-Purpose. First of all, it is going to be fun (because everyone likes RPGs) and it should help us pass the time. Second, it helps us develop the story in a different and exciting way. Third, it will allow us to introduce our character's to eachother and express outselves in a 'safe' environment (safe for us (and the audience), but maybe not for the pilots).

The teams of the FX-150 (as of the time of writing). Note that I haven't completed the list yet, and some of the teams may not make it into the final game:

- Solaris
- iFreet
- Ti-Khana
- Helios
- Logos
- CERN
- Amphithere
- Zephyr
-
-
-
-

Note that we need at least 8 teams to start the RP. However, you may notice that there are 12 slots. I'll eplain that later, but I need to get this finished quickly.

All characters must be created in this format (read here (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?7911-JX350-RP-OOC-(Out-of-character)-chat-and-information) for more information on this subject). *You may add additional information if you wish to do so, but it is entirely optional.

Name:
Personal Details:
Racing History:
Additional Information*

Final Note: Even though I am the one who is starting the thread, I will allow the project leaders (such as Xpand, F.E.I.S.A.R., and zero3growlithe) to help me run it (I can't do this on my own).

Slipstream GX Mainthread (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?7584-Let-s-make-a-Wipeout-game!-This-time-for-real!)
Slipstream GX Plot Thread
(http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?8809-Slipstream-GX-Campaign-stories)Rules for Roleplaying (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?7840-Rules-for-Role-Play)
Inspiration/Example RP (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?7912-Jx350-rp)
Inspiration/Example RP (OOC) (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?7911-JX350-RP-OOC-(Out-of-character)-chat-and-information)

Good luck, and enjoy the RP (and the game (once it is finished)).

If you are enjoying this thread, don't forget to check out these ones:
- Corrupt-a-Wish Foundation (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?8912-Corrupt-a-Wish-Foundation)
- That Akward Moment in WipEout (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?8865-That-Awkward-Wipeout-Moment-when)

Xpand
17th August 2012, 10:02 AM
I believe Proton X is not included on the ship list.

Amaroq Dricaldari
17th August 2012, 10:15 AM
D:

Can you give me a list of the other teams, though? Something so that I can fill up at least 8 slots.

Xpand
17th August 2012, 10:47 AM
Well, completed models are Solaris, Helios, Logos, CERN and Amphithere. I have iFreet on the way and Zepher. I don't know which one I'm going to pick after those...

Amaroq Dricaldari
17th August 2012, 10:57 AM
I am not asking for which ships have already have models, I am asking for a list of all of the planned teams. But thanks anyway.
And yes, I know that Ti-Khana (my idea) might not make the cut, but what the h*ll.

Want to start the In-Character thread? We can keep it much neater to have seperate In-Character and Out-of-Character threads. Speaking of which, we may as well start working on our characters now.

--- My Character (WORK-IN-PROGRESS) ---

First Name: Kapugen
Last Name: Bernardson (I'll come up with a better lastname later)
Nationality: United States of America (Alaska)
Team: Solaris during first season, switches to Ti-Khana later on.
Personal Details: [Withheld until more information can be acquired]
Racing History: [Withheld until more information can be acquired]

Xpand
17th August 2012, 11:09 AM
Well, I wouldn't be making the models if the ships weren't certain to appear in-game. That would be wasted work.

Amaroq Dricaldari
17th August 2012, 11:15 AM
No, when I asked a list for all of the teams that were planned, what I meant was 'more than what you just provided me with). But the point is, we now have 8 teams.

docfo4r
17th August 2012, 02:21 PM
As far as I know Xpand, zero & Oryx are the project leaders but correct me if I'm wrong.

The thread itself is a nice idea. But yeah, maybe we should know which teams will make the cut first. Otherwise not only Xpand would waste time modelling, also we all will waste time with creating stories for teams which won't make the cut.

Xpand
17th August 2012, 02:33 PM
Why don't you work on the existing teams so far? Only one is left for the full grid.
And docfo4r, "leader" isn't the correct term, at least for me. I'm kind of a supervisor in a sense that I help filter out the excess of ideas and sugestions.

docfo4r
17th August 2012, 02:38 PM
Let's say that we maybe don't have a "real" leader of the project but some people to put stuff together into the final compilation. Everyone does what he can do best :)

And yeah, we should work on the existing teams for now. I don't know if we will have 8, 9 or 10 teams in the end, there are lots of ideas pending and I hope no-one will be disappointed if his team didn't make the cut. The origins of the existing teams can be found HERE (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z1EiywCTH3PVV4DHLhIx-GIjgguQkICMnck12JuRah8/edit)!

Amaroq Dricaldari
17th August 2012, 02:55 PM
Look, we can't do an Eight-Participant Race with only Seven teams. This thread is meant specifically for development of the story. And for the teams that don't make the cut, then we can have some kind of in-story excuse.

docfo4r
17th August 2012, 03:39 PM
Yup, good idea with the in-story excuse. We just have to make sure the story won't be too twisted. Fun and interesting, but not too complicated. I remember when I played F.E.A.R. I didn't quite understand the story so I just played for fun :P

Amaroq Dricaldari
17th August 2012, 04:54 PM
F.E.I.S.A.R., I saw your vote on the poll.
We didn't even start the actual RP yet and you are already down-rating it.

Hater.

F.E.I.S.A.R
18th August 2012, 11:28 AM
Look, we can't do an Eight-Participant Race with only Seven teams. This thread is meant specifically for development of the story. And for the teams that don't make the cut, then we can have some kind of in-story excuse.

I prefer that teams that don't make the cut not be in it at all(unless as DLC)

As for RPing,really,the game has YET to be published. I'd rather this thread be closed. Let's not get too ahead of ourselves.

Amaroq Dricaldari
18th August 2012, 12:38 PM
Again, this is supossed to be a way for everyone to participate in developing the story. Even the little details that you wouldn't normally care about.

docfo4r
18th August 2012, 01:20 PM
Yep, I think it's necessary that the thread stays open in case we really start developing a story here^^

What else would be the use of a story-creation thread if the game is published already?

But on the other side we have to make sure not to collide with the Campaign story thread.

F.E.I.S.A.R
18th August 2012, 01:44 PM
How about idle banter be moved here,along with concepts to be considered before they make the cut?
As for teams that 'don't make the cut':I feel that they should not be mentioned unless they have a really good reason to be in it.

docfo4r
18th August 2012, 02:13 PM
Hmm yeah, agree with you, otherwise the story might become too twisted now that I think about it again. Maybe one team could be mentioned in some way -which didn't make the cut- but not several.

stin
18th August 2012, 09:07 PM
I do actually agree with Feisar, this topic should be closed!, I just don`t see the point! But I`m not a mod.

Just my IMO

stevie :)

Amaroq Dricaldari
18th August 2012, 09:28 PM
I made this thread because I wanted everyone to be able to help develop the story in a way that would be fun and intuitive.

Alright, I will delete any mention of Ti-Khana (excluding this sentence) if you just give this idea a few days. I guess we can do it with just 7 teams. Afterall, the original WipEout only had 4 teams.

Edit: I won't act on my end of the agreement unless you act on yours.

Amaroq Dricaldari
22nd August 2012, 05:43 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I gues it is a good thing that I am giving control of this thread to Xpand. I am not sure how eactly this is suppossed to work, but I have seen people's posts get edited by other members who aren't moderators.

Why is it a good thing I'm handing over the keys? Because I'm quitting. I am not just quitting from this RP, but from all of WipEout Zone. If Hellfire_WZ sees this message, ask him to delete all records of my existence on these forums.

Jonny
24th March 2013, 01:46 PM
Name:Jonny Bögemann jr.
Nationality:German
Personal Details:Great-great-grandson of the 3 times F3600 champion Jonas Bögemann.
He lost both parents(Daniel and Melissa Bögemann)in young age,so he grown up at his uncle Gerald.
Jonny is fascinated in the Anti-Gravity technology,of course his great-great-grandfather was one of the Anti-gravity pioniers and co-founder of FEAGR(Federal European Anti-Gravity Research).
Some people doesn´t like him because of his infamous sentence:"I´m the great-great-grandson of Jonas Bögemann!"
Racing History:The first noticable thing is his speed and weapon knowlege,so against the ideals of his great-great-grandfather he is an expert in weapons.Some people who dislikes him,said that he hacked the weapon Computer,so he can use all weapons at any time.
His way in the world of AG Racing begins in the age of 12.As he sing up at European AG racing(EAGR)in the young age of 16 he had to fligh on lap in the simulator.It was a perfect lap,so until he reached the age of 18,he was the best simulator-pilot for EAGR.
In his first season he finished first in his third race,until now its his only victory.
Last season Jonny finished 4th in the championship,the EAGR MS-100x1 was to unrelieable and withdraw from the league,so today he hasn´t got a team.
Additional info:His great-great-grandmother is Ariel Fusionato a japanese top modell,often compared with Arial Tetsuo.