PDA

View Full Version : Why its so hard!?

jvabbdac
14th August 2012, 04:40 PM
Wipeout for vita is so difficult that being frustrating try to play it! I always get gold medals in Wipeout HD, I not too bad on this game (not a pro too) but in Vita is so difficult to win! I searched the forum to see if there were any tips on how to improve, but no! I think I'll leave this game and play just the HD version! Is a shame because Vita version its really great, but too dificult for me.

*ps sorry my bad english

ExaltedR3V3NG3
14th August 2012, 06:51 PM
The trick is to get used to the 2048 gameplay: knowing the speed pads/BR places for the tracks for speed laps and races and crossing your fingers in combat mode are the most useful tricks I could tell you in a few lines.

But for me it wasn't as difficult as WOHD especially in the last levels. Maybe the hard thing are the A+ challenges to elite pass, but the rest was somewhat easy-intermediate difficult.

rdmx
15th August 2012, 12:34 AM
The biggest difference for me in 2048 vs HD is that in 2048, you should use the airbrake very sparingly. It is very possible to take the majority of corners through steering only (using Feisar/AGSYS speed anyway).

jvabbdac
15th August 2012, 01:56 AM
Thx! I really like wipeout, since psx! Play for a long time on psp, so I insist on PSV version! I tried a few things... Reading another thread I realize how works (better), game still too dificult but now its playable (LOL), First I tried turn off pilot assist, I have read that it affects the speed, but its a total mass!!!! To difficult! So I turned on "normal" pilot assist. Now its playable! The bad news is that this was not explained in the tips on the game... I was about throwing my psv on wall, it was very frustrating, now, its fine!

I realize too that using Air breakes is different from HD version, I never use it on HD version, only that thing "quick turn" when u push L or R two time, on PSV its not work too well...

Thx for helping people! But dont close the thread yet! I will check for some new tips! The tread about "tips" its nice, but....... this one its nice for noobs!

OveReAction
15th August 2012, 01:45 PM
There is one here: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?8869-Wipeout-2048-General-tips-and-tricks

jvabbdac
15th August 2012, 04:12 PM
Yeah, I get a couple tips from this thread

Chris20M
16th August 2012, 11:58 AM
How did u not use airbrakes in HD?! :S

Also, u can always read the 54-page instruction manual, though it didnt say anything about pilot assists

Temet
16th August 2012, 01:01 PM
I'm an average player.
Except for A+ Challenges, 2048 is easy... a lot easier than HD in Elite difficulty!
In 2048, you can BR like a freak, there are weapons pads everywhere!
There was 1 very hard destruction event at the beginning... it has been patched to make it easier.

jvabbdac
16th August 2012, 09:04 PM
Usually I only use "quick turn". Sorry... but what is "BR"? Its the weapon pad?

kaori
16th August 2012, 10:19 PM
It means Barell Roll

Temet
17th August 2012, 07:55 AM
Ah yeah, sorry for that!
BR = Barrel Roll (left right left or right left right in the air)
SS = Side Shift (double tap on air brake)
SP = Speed Pad

These should be the main acronyms you can find here ;)

You can check on the youtube account of Kakeru : http://www.youtube.com/user/Kakeru714
There are several vids of 2048, and he's a great player.

Chris20M
17th August 2012, 09:23 AM
The A+ challenges are real hard, especially when the AIs can BR now
Just a few of them and I can get all Elite Pass

chalovak
17th August 2012, 12:51 PM
Sometimes it's good to put the game aside. It's like going to a gym, you need 24-48 hours to let your muscles rest.
After hundreds attempts to beat any A+ challenge with an Elite pass (save the Sol, which is the easiest) I decided to take a week break.
After that, believe me, four Elite passes (on different A+ challenges of course) in a row, in one seat. Damn, my hands were shaking. )))
And I understood what I was doing wrong: ignored the green pads. It appears learning their location (and using what you've got) is a halfway to success.
Good luck!

OperationNT
17th August 2012, 08:44 PM
The A+ challenges aren't the most difficult (currently, I got elite pass on every events execpt Rockaway Stadium). I think the worst in this game is the online campaign (most difficult because of its random aspect), especially when players keep voting for combat...
Some people here have some tricks to win in online combat ? Because I thought it's brainless random shooting but sometimes, I see some players who can win 5 or 10 times in a row.

stin
18th August 2012, 06:16 AM
Yes, that`s why l`m so detest combat nearly all the time but all l want is just to RACE and that is all. But, once I completed plat and tried go back online and got bored easily because of combat and unfortunately no racebox. :(

stevie :)

jvabbdac
21st August 2012, 01:58 AM
Sweet