PDA

View Full Version : Ozone - 28th July 2012

Colonel
22nd July 2012, 01:18 PM
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x188/logicevents/Ozone_Logo30pc.jpg

Ozone VI - Saturday 28th July 2012

Ozone Social Group (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?groupid=81) - Because you're worth it :P

Ozone Leaderboards (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArRl3YNE85fkdFhVazlVTU5CSklNajB4S1lHWEJVd FE)

It's been too long since we did one of these, so I'd like to cordially invite you to a day at the races, this coming Saturday. I know a lot of people have retired from HD, including (temporarily I hope) my good friend and co-organiser novide. However there is still a strong community within the game, and it's still pulling in new players, four years after release.

As always the day is about getting pilots of all abilities and experience together for a fun day. So if you fancy it, I'll be kicking off at around 11am, and will aim to keep at least one room open until 10pm (later if my fiance does a night shift).

Room's that will be hosted throughout the day include:

Phantom Single Race – traditional Grand Prix (All tracks, forward and reverse... one race with weapons, one without)

Rapier Single race – traditional Grand Prix

Flash Single Race – Weapons on

Zone Battle – 50 – 55 target, selected tracks

Rapier Eliminator – variable targets, selected tracks

* Bling Brigade Room - 3.00pm(GMT)

** Endurance Trophy match (12 race rapier tournament) - available on request, for anyone who needs it.

2.51 has thankfully fixed the Zone Battle glitch, and made online play generally more stable than with 2.50, so we should be in for a good day. I'd like to propose a doubles Phantom tournament some time during the evening - four pairs, weapons on, 8 races: each player picks one track. If anyone wants to team up with me just shout.

And of course if anybody has other requests or ideas for the day, let me know and we'll try to sort it out.

Thanks, and see you there...

Colonel__Gaddafi :rock

dreadofmondays
22nd July 2012, 11:35 PM
I am definitely in on this.

Olivario
23rd July 2012, 11:52 AM
It's been some months since the last time I played WOHD and this could be my last Ozone, so I'll try to be there. Glad to see you setting this up again Col, cheers.

MegaGeeza22
24th July 2012, 05:30 AM
I should be available for some rapier and phantom races.

Azurooth
24th July 2012, 06:21 AM
I'm game.

Oryx Crake
24th July 2012, 02:10 PM
this should be interesting if the gf let's me have a go ^^;

Ragsus Maxima
24th July 2012, 04:00 PM
You know? This could be the moment when I may do the jump to the patch 2.51. I'm feeling so lonely when I play offline with the patch 2.20. Although I don't know if I should do a backup of that (if it's actually possible). :P

dreadofmondays
24th July 2012, 04:16 PM
Knowing Sony, it won't be.

Azurooth
24th July 2012, 05:00 PM
You can do a backup of all your ghosts/times. As long as you do it before you install 2.51. (as far as i know)

Colonel
24th July 2012, 11:52 PM
Nothing to worry about Rags. 2.51's very good, you'll be pleasantly surprised. Come on dude, I miss you ;)

Ragsus Maxima
26th July 2012, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the answers, guys. :)
I researched a bit more and I found out that in order to do a backup of the data you have stored, you have to do a full backup of the system; you can't select which files you want to backup and which not.

So the most likely thing I'll do is doing so with my best times.
But I have over 70 times... and it must be done one by one... :eek

Oryx Crake
26th July 2012, 03:51 PM
shouldn't it be possible to just copy some files onto a removable drive update and plug the drive back in? O.o

D_1998_BR
26th July 2012, 07:16 PM
We should do another 4v4 Flash tourney (you know,we couldn't finish it).

By the way,I'm grounded for saying I was getting water (wtf?) so I may not appear on saturday :\

1.IF AND ONLY IF I am grounded I possibly won't appear on Ozone
2.I am grounded.
3.THEREFORE I possibly won't appear on Ozone

Colonel
26th July 2012, 09:16 PM
Grounded for saying you're getting some water? Wow, strict house :eek. Never mind Diego, there'll be others later in the year mate.

MegaGeeza22
26th July 2012, 09:49 PM
I'm grounded for saying I was getting water (wtf?)

LMAO, I bet you was up to no good lol... i think we've all tried that excuse once in our lives, "i was only getting some water, honest" whilst half the chocolate biscuits have gone missing :paperbag
Sorry if you was being genuine lol, i guess not everyone was like me.

Aeralys
26th July 2012, 09:51 PM
Oooh Rapier Tourney! Count me in, if I'm able, and awake! My sleeping hours are terrible...
Doubles sound fun as well, I just watching your last one on the youtubes now lol.

Dark_Phantom_89
26th July 2012, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the answers, guys. :)
I researched a bit more and I found out that in order to do a backup of the data you have stored, you have to do a full backup of the system; you can't select which files you want to backup and which not.

So the most likely thing I'll do is doing so with my best times.
But I have over 70 times... and it must be done one by one... :eek

You can select multiple save files at once now as of Firmware Update 2.50 I think it was.

Glad to see another Ozone up and running, and kudos for giving it another go. Afraid I won't be able to make it that day, but I hope you all have a good time. :)

Ragsus Maxima
27th July 2012, 03:19 PM
Hell yeah, it works! 112 save files of Wipeout HD are being copied to my very first MP3 player; 38 MB of data. :P

I'll try to make it to Ozone, considering tonight I'll go out with some friends and probably I wake up a little late. :D But anyway, I plan to update the patch and try to catch you guys up.

I'm grounded for saying I was getting water (wtf?) so I may not appear on saturday :\
Oh, that sucks. :( Many of us experienced this sooner or later, no matter we said to avoid the "punishment".
But you've said you still have a little chance to appear, so maybe it's not lost yet. But don't feel bad if you can't make it tomorrow; as Adam said, we'll have more Ozone events in the future. :)

vlhad13
27th July 2012, 04:49 PM
a pleasure to race with you guys :)

P_Denton
27th July 2012, 07:54 PM
I'll try to drop by, depending how bad my connexion will be acting up. I'd gladly take part in team races :)

D_1998_BR
27th July 2012, 10:12 PM
Well,the water I said wasn't to drink,it was to clean the outside of the house,but they thought I said it in a "dead fish" voice or something...
Anyways,Now they've admitted they we're wrong and I'm in for the Ozone.Count me in!

@Megageeza22: I don't have any chocolate biscuits here...I HAZ TURNIPS :D
Jk,I don't like chocolate biscuits...in fact, I don't like biscuits at all! I prefer chocolate bars (rare stuff around here,we're healthy 'n' stuff)

Colonel
28th July 2012, 11:44 PM
Well sadly things have come to an unceremonious halt this evening. Today, and this evening particularly, have been plagued by terrible network problems, I've never seen anything like it personally. The Ozone Room was kicking people out constantly, players were dropping out of lobbies, it was a mess, and just got worse as the night wore on. Eventually a flash tourney disintegrated and I was kicked out of PSN altogether. I can't get back online at all at the moment, even to send a few farewell messages. I'll try and get back on in a bit, I was still having a lot of fun and I reckon I could go all night to be honest - got the place to myself and plenty of booze, why not? :twisted

Anyway, just wanted to say thank you to everybody who turned out today. Some people were there all day (hardcore muthas), and some people just dropped by for a few races. It genuinely thrills me that people made the effort to come, and I hope you all had a good time. I tried to note down the people who came into the Ozone Room - please tell me if I've missed your name (I know I'll have missed a couple), there was a lot going on and I'm scatty at the best of times. The rogues gallery:

MynameisBom, Liod19, onlykpop, zero3growlithe, DeePee11, TarquinFarquar, JFthebestJan, XxSuperRyugaxX, Olivariox (oliver_fighter7), LJTheZombie, hyperfluous (P_Denton), Ragsus_Maxima, Azurooth, Aeralys, ID_7of9, SoA_Booney, D_1998-BR, Rennfisch, Flint_Fandango, Anderkovver, dreadofmondays, Serpent, hunterx848, Andybob35, vlhad13, SpacemanSpiff01, ACE-FLO, LadyLXXVI

I've got a few videos, including my capitulation in the doubles phantom tourney (sorry LJ). Will try to get them up mid week. I know a few of you made some vids, really looking forward to seeing them.

Thanks again, you're all ace :)

Edit: I'm conscious that many more people were involved in today's races than are mentioned above. Whilst I know everybody makes a lot of effort to include people by inviting them to the Ozone Room, it's not possible if somebody isn't on anybody's friends list. So if you were one of those people who raced with us today, but didn't get to chat, then thank you, and please give me a shout so I can make sure you're invited to the Ozone Room next time. Cheers.

Azurooth
29th July 2012, 12:40 AM
I only had time for a few races but it was lots of fun. You truly are a great ozone host and i really appreciate the event ozone. About the network problems, i spotted on playstation network's homepage that it is only partially active (a yellow light instead of a green light) So i guess they weren't really done from yesterdays maintenance. Anyway, thanks for the races!

dreadofmondays
29th July 2012, 08:30 AM
Hopefully we can do it again and it'll work better! :)

SoA_Booney
29th July 2012, 09:46 AM
Yeah the connection problems were a serious issue this ozone which is a real shame, hopefully next time it will be alot smoother :/ however apart from that i really enjoyed myself, i love ozone and the way it brings all us pilots together, would be awesome if we could make it more regular? i know its asking alot but its the only real thing keeping me with wipeout atm with all the issues the game has :)

thanks again adam for hosting another great event, sorry i couldnt play as long as i wanted but keep them coming ;)

Liod19
29th July 2012, 09:47 AM
Thanks goes to you, Colonel, for organising and hosting. Though I had a really bad time flying yesterday, I had lots of fun. Got to train phantom, hopefully I'll do better next time.

Colonel
29th July 2012, 12:52 PM
would be awesome if we could make it more regular? i know its asking alot but its the only real thing keeping me with wipeout atm with all the issues the game has :)

No it's not asking a lot, it's a pleasure on my part, and I should pull my finger out and do it more often. If I'm honest I wasn't sure the demand was there, but it was steady yesterday, if not quite as busy as previous events. I'll sort something out for August. Cheers Scott :)

Dark_Phantom_89
29th July 2012, 06:45 PM
Sorry I couldn't be there yesterday, I had a busy day and by the time I got back home, it was time for a Gaming Night with my other site. Hope you all had fun guys. I'll try and be there next time.

We also had the chat room problems last night, but it sorted itself out when a new chat was made. Weird.

Colonel
29th July 2012, 07:20 PM
In all honesty I'm glad to hear that DP, I thought you'd sacked HD off for good. See you next time mate :D

Olivario
30th July 2012, 10:00 PM
Was great to play Wipeout HD again, I wish I had stayed more but I had to travel on Sunday. Thanks for your efforts on keeping the community alive Col, you are a true number one mate.

Colonel
15th August 2012, 10:57 AM
Sorry, I forgot to post this. It's the phantom doubles tournament...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEgV0SM-6FA