PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout 3 Cheats Don't Work!

wildmorgan
13th July 2012, 05:32 PM
I spent weeks unlocking tracks and new craft on Wipeout 3 Special Edition and my son has gone and wiped the memory card so rather than spend all that time again, I thought I would use the cheat codes.

I'm playing it on a PS2, but for some reason they are not working. Has anyone else had this problem? Am I doing something wrong?

JABBERJAW
14th July 2012, 02:26 PM
Perhaps, the wipeout 3 and wipeout3se codes are completely different. Here they are for 3se

Wipeout 3: Special Edition
All tournaments:
Enter ALLTNT as a default name.

All challenge tournaments:
Enter ALLCNG as a default name.

All circuits:
Enter ALLTRACK as a default name.

All prototype circuits:
Enter PROTO as a default name.

All teams:
Enter CRAFTS as a default name.

Drive as Rescue Droid ships:
Enter DROIDS as a default name.

Phantom Class:
Enter PHANTOM as a default name.

Unlimited weapons:
Enter UNLIMIT as a default name.

Invincibility and unlimited hyperthrust:
Enter NOFEAR as a default name.

Mirrored tracks:
Enter MIRROR as a default name.

Super speed-ups on all tracks:
Enter AXCEL as a default name.

Bonus FMV sequence:
Enter HITOMI as a default name.

Hear soundtrack:
Play tracks two and higher on an audio CD player to hear the game's soundtrack.
Information in this section was contributed by Brad Hudson.

Hint: Easy link mode:
Hold Start at the main menu and enter the options screen. The "Establish Link" option will appear.
Information in this section was contributed by Tom Atkinson.

Hint: Overide auto-pilot:
Press Left or Right at a junction to override the auto-pilot if it is active.

Hint: Longer auto-pilot:
Keep pressing Circle when the auto-pilot is disengaging in single race mode.
Information in this section was contributed by Davvi.

Hint: Quick start:
Note: This trick requires a Dual Shock controller. Hold your acceleration at the start of the race until the controller just begins to vibrate. Keep your thrust at that point until the race begins.

Hint: Avoid wall damage:
Switch to the auto-pilot any time before hitting the wall. If done in time, there will be no effect from the collision.

Hint: Boost:
Scrape along walls to get a slight boost. ( sometimes, only certain places do this)

wildmorgan
14th July 2012, 07:49 PM
Perhaps, the wipeout 3 and wipeout3se codes are completely different...

Sorry I should have said; I am using the SE codes. But for some reason nothing happens.

Here's what I do: go into options, then to game settings, then to default names and then I enter the code. Say I want all circuits unlocked so I enter ALLTRACK. But when I go into single race, there's only the first four tracks available. Am I supposed to do something else to unlock them? Other than completeing the game again obviously, lol!

wildmorgan
19th July 2012, 09:55 AM
Seriously? Has no one else had this problem?

Could it be to do with the fact that I'm playing it on a PS2 console? I don't have a PS1 console so can't try the cheats on that and for some reason Wip3out SE freezes on my PS3 so I can't try the cheats out on that either.

What do you have to do after you have entered the code as a default name?

FEISAR_ARCH
2nd September 2012, 04:33 PM
WipEout 3 Special Edition codes do not work with regular WipEout 3. You might need these codes, instead:

All Challenges
THEHAIR

All Tournaments
BUNTY

All Tracks
WIZZPIG

All Ships
AVINIT

Change turbo triangles from blue to white
BEBEDEE

Collisions slow down vehicle
NOWHEELS

Infinite Hyperthrust
MOONFACE

Infinite Random Weapons
DEPUTY

Ininite Shields & Thrust
GEORDIE

Prototype Tracks
CANNER W

Phantom Class
JAZZNAZ

Edit: If this doesn't work, then you screwed something up. Are you using a modded PS2? That may be the problem.

seek
20th September 2012, 09:52 PM
Or you could try NOT cheating.

JABBERJAW
20th September 2012, 11:47 PM
I dont blame anyone on that game for using codes to get everything. It required about 13 hours to beat that monotonous grid i think, and i think that was with medaling on the first try. It was about as fun as online campaign :)

Hellfire_WZ
23rd September 2012, 02:51 PM
Or you could try NOT cheating.

I've never understood this attitude. It's not affecting anyone else in any way, so what's the problem with it? He had already unlocked everything before his save file was wiped anyway.

FEISAR_ARCH
23rd September 2012, 06:36 PM
@wildmorgan: The only punishment I'd give my son for wiping such data, is to make him unlock everything all by himself. I know it's cruel, but how else is he to learn from his mistakes?