PDA

View Full Version : epsxe psx emulator turns ur old W'O" into something bea

Hydra XL
14th May 2003, 09:12 PM
I apologize in advance if this is old news...

i hadn't checked out the emulation "scene" for a while, but i found something pretty interesting. A relatively new psx emulator (program that runs on one platform-in this case the PC- that imitates the hardware of another platform via software) Epsxe runs like a dream even on my old ass pc, w/ 2 voodoo 2 cards. many of u may b familiar w/ bleem or psemu pro but this new one actually runs it all full speed, full sound, and uses my control pad (Microsoft Sidewinder) perfectly. The graphics look great since it ups the resolution from standard tv format providing a sharp look on a pc monitor and breathing new life into the W'O" series, especially the higher res WipEout 3. Here are the specs on my pc:

DirectX : DirectX 8.0 installed
Processor : Intel Pentium II, 334Mhz (1 off) (00/0651)
16kb L1-I, 16kb L1-D, 512kb L2 (on-chip)
Memory : 447Mb

the emulator uses either an .iso or .bin file or plays the actual game cd in ur cd-rom drive. it requires u hav a copy of a psx bios image (scph1000-scph7502-recommended)... which i don't think is legal mind you. the emulator uses separate downloadable plugins that were used initially for psemu pro, which establish the graphic rendering, sound, control and other emulation proceses. I don't advocate piracy or any thing so buy the game(s) if u use the emulator, it's worth it and should b found for cheap at most game stores.
perhaps the coolest thing about this is the newfound ability to share ghosts and race record times w/ this emulator by the exchange of a simple file, the memory card file or even the save state file.
supposedly there is even a netplay plugin, which many of you in this forum might b interested in, myself included, but i'm not sure how it works and if it's efficient or not.

here's a screenshot fest:

http://www.primateplexus.com/Doosh/emuwipeout.html

1024 x 768 resolution... the best i could do, sorry. many of you w/ better computers can probably make the game look 'crazy sharp'. latas.

Mano
15th May 2003, 05:52 AM
Hi there everyone :D !:

Its been a while, i just checked this post and lemme tell you all negcon owners, finally theres full negcon support in emus!!, PCSX is the first emu to have it and the plugin name is pad gnneco by Shirouto_Yokota, since pcsx is open source and the plugin already exist there might be a chance that emus with pad plugin support might add the negcon, as long as emu authors are willing to do it of course, PSXeven is a good emu for this option since it has pad plugin support and is in active development status, I would really like to see EPSXE with negcon support too but it doesnt have pad plugin support and its not ben very active lately...besides we have to accept the fact that sadly the negcon didnt have such a great acceptance worldwide as it had in Japan and Europe - in a lesser scale -

have been playing with my negcon and Wipeout XL and so far its the best controller i have used for the game, so yes, add me to the list of ppl that recommends it by experience (definitely wont go back to digital pads).

As usual it feels great being in this forums, even tho im not up to date to what has been going, cya all.

Brother Laz
15th May 2003, 08:01 AM
Seems like your position counter is screwed up. :)

My settings are better. :D :wink:

xEik
15th May 2003, 08:50 AM
You can read this topic, there are some screens as well but I did them in a rush so they aren't really great.
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=667
The position counter is also screwed for me. I think it's a problem with the graphics driver.

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !