PDA

View Full Version : Is wipEout HD more responsive on ps vita than ps3?

yawnstretch
29th June 2012, 07:26 PM
I was playing HD on vita today and it felt very fluid and responsive - could the fact that the buttons are so close to the CPU as opposed to wireless joypads be a factor?

...or is it just my imagination :P

qazxswplmnko
29th June 2012, 08:07 PM
I've never been quite sure, but it does in fact feel different on the Vita, in the way you described.

JABBERJAW
29th June 2012, 09:01 PM
Not sure how much you have played HD on ps3 lately, BUT that game is more responsive than it used to be. Also, with the lower framerate, that may be the reason that it feels like that.

duncandes
30th June 2012, 09:22 PM
I have much played both, and they are very similiar.
But ps vita version feels little difrent in my opinion.
I don't know if it is lower framework, but ships react more like 2048 ships....

yeldar2097
30th June 2012, 10:14 PM
Not sure how much you have played HD on ps3 lately, BUT that game is more responsive than it used to be.

Waitwut?

mangaroo
30th June 2012, 10:19 PM
I think there was some slowdown with the game after some updates, which were then fixed. Not entirely sure as I took a year or two off HD. I tried it recently and would say that it feels more responsive to me on PS3 but that is probably because of the 60fps.

JABBERJAW
30th June 2012, 10:48 PM
I felt he control seemed easier to hold lines, but slower of course, you didn't feel that way? I don't do some of the techniques you use like the ss off chenghou rev. I did feel getting height on some brs was difficult, though that could be a lack of laying. Yeldar, do you have a way to play the original version and compare? I do, but you would be he better tester, and I wouldn't have a chance until after the NA tourney

yeldar2097
1st July 2012, 11:29 AM
Yes, I do direct side by side comparisons with pre/post v2.50 on separate PS3s.
Response-wise I feel the two versions are very similar, enough to say that it makes no difference. The main difference is the handling, which changes everything. Every ship is now different in it's own way relative to how they were before, depending on how the characteristics of the ship allow it to deal with the updated handling. That is to say, every ship has been affected differently. Airbrake timing, sideshift timing, pitch, pre-jump lineups and landings, everything that when optimised allows you to get the fastest time around a track, everything needs adjusting from one version to the other. Barrel rolls are unaffected, but sometimes height can be an issue in the case where airbrakes/sideshift are involved due to the decrease in overall speed as a result of the patch...Then there's the fact that even with the same lines you can't go as quickly in version 2.50 so it doesn't really matter all that much.
It's not all bad really. Being fast is now (imho) harder, all the ships are different to how they were before and the tracks need to be played differently...oh and zone mode has been opened up to allow much higher scores/mind boggle factor. Feels like a brand new game.....ish :)

I'm getting on that CPR TT video today btw

Medusa
1st July 2012, 01:15 PM
Thanks very much for that info yeldar. Pulled out HD the other day and thought I'd gone crazy, my little AGS behaving differently?! :o

JABBERJAW
1st July 2012, 01:50 PM
That's great! Do you notice which ships have lost less speed than others? Did it change the balance of power a bit between the ships? I had played one online on CPR and one guy was using Icarus pretty nicely, and consistent 1:55s, which I thought was decent considering the drop in speed. I was using ag, and it felt like I want able to catch up as much afte the sharp turns. I was able to get fast times, but not always.

@ medusa, I use AG, and am about 1.5 seconds off my record on chenghou rev. It would have been 1 without a crappy last lap, so it's still pretty close. It did seem to take me longer to get closer times though. Maybe small mistakes cost more time now? Yeldar?

Colonel
7th July 2012, 02:17 PM
Nice analysis yeldar :+

F.E.I.S.A.R
7th July 2012, 03:12 PM
So everything pre 2.50 is quite null and void considering the new...mechanics? Did they Nerf anything?

Chris20M
9th July 2012, 06:39 AM
Maybe its simply because the vita sticks are smaller than those in the dualshock

Temet
9th July 2012, 07:21 AM
Na, I use D-pad on both PS3 and PSVita, and flying an Icaras feels like flying an Ag-S ... there's really something weird.

sulfy
17th July 2012, 03:17 AM
Some of the circuits feel more difficult to navigate, is this due to the fps drop or is that something else entirely? it's really hard to put into words, the game "feels" different.

OperationNT
17th July 2012, 06:25 PM
I don't have my PS3 anymore to compare but I have a feeling that the ship physics is quite different on this PS Vita version (especially in Phantom). This feeling is very difficult to explain but there is two things I noticed :
- The ship "bounces" more after an high fall (for example, in Chengou Project, the fall just after the first tight turn) and it makes it difficult to control since the "bouncings" distance
- Sometimes, I just slightly touch an high part of a wall (unfortunatly because of my skill lack :redface:) and it resets my ship on the track (for example, it happens in the first turn in Anulpha Pass :|) : in my memories on the PS3 version, it was not easy to go out of a track, the ship was more "retained" by the track

I don't know if this is a real difference or if my memories from the PS3 version are wrong. Does anyone have the same feeling about this PS Vita version ? (the ship I use in Phantom is usally Assegai HD version even when I played on PS3 two years ago)